Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Man even Fugo leaving is better now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the censorship is heavy as gently caress today. pure black on anything human affected by Ratt.

e: They didn't do the eye bulge

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 15, 2016

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

the censorship is heavy as gently caress today. pure black on anything human affected by Ratt.

loving dropped

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

they cut the line about mickey mouse, this is horse poo poo

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

okay jotaro was censored in shot then uncensored in the next and then a few seconds later he's censored again, what are the koreans even doing

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Great episode other than that.
The Star Plat pose wasn't awesome either imo, could be LQ video though.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jul 15, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

they cut the line about mickey mouse, this is horse poo poo

where the gently caress is mickey?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Looks like ghost alley is one episode.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kira next week

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

DOES JOSUKE BREAK THE FOURTH WALL

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Only one episode, I really hope they take their time with it

This episode was good, but they cut a bunch of fun character lines from Josuke

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Don't we still have Harvest to go, before Kira's introduced in Rohan's Adventure the week after?

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

reimi -> harvest -> quiet life

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

lol Shigechi really doesn't get any time before being introduced and getting iced does he? Poor kid

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Same with Aya

Cinderella > Sheer Heart Attack for three episodes and she gets bombed at the end

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Don't we at least see Koichi almost getting run over by Kira at the end of Rohan's adventure?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, he almost gets run over and then the camera follows Kira home

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

no they will not posted:

DOES JOSUKE BREAK THE FOURTH WALL

he says the line but it's translated to not be explicitly fourth wall breaking

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Which line is it you're thinking of?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ahh yeah!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

multijoe posted:

Don't we still have Harvest to go, before Kira's introduced in Rohan's Adventure the week after?

Kira gets introduced in a short chapter at the end of Rohan's Adventure, then we get Harvest, then Kira wants a quiet life.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Really hope they go for the post-credits stinger on Kira for the next episode.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
They'd have to shift some stuff around because after like three pages of Kira, there's the scene of Rohan learning that it was Reimi who babysat him and saved him, but yeah they could do it and it'd be rad

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Moltrey posted:

They'd have to shift some stuff around because after like three pages of Kira, there's the scene of Rohan learning that it was Reimi who babysat him and saved him, but yeah they could do it and it'd be rad

It's not like there isn't precedence, I mean, David shifted Shooting DIO to just before the Hol Horse and Mondatta team up.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

Raserys posted:

This episode was good, but they cut a bunch of fun character lines from Josuke

Yeah, it's kind of disappointing that they cut Mickey Mouse, "ACK!", Josuke's lines about his Bally shoes and Mr Junko socks (especially because fussing over expensive clothing is something Josuke shares with Part 3 Jotaro [...and also Pucci??]), and the fourth wall breaking. Also that they cut some of Jotaro's unnecessary lines about rats and toned down all the ball jokes. It was still a good episode and all, but it lost a lot of the fun. :(

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Amaryllis posted:

Yeah, it's kind of disappointing that they cut Mickey Mouse, "ACK!", Josuke's lines about his Bally shoes and Mr Junko socks (especially because fussing over expensive clothing is something Josuke shares with Part 3 Jotaro [...and also Pucci??]), and the fourth wall breaking. Also that they cut some of Jotaro's unnecessary lines about rats and toned down all the ball jokes. It was still a good episode and all, but it lost a lot of the fun. :(

also no snipers, nor mention that the rats already knew they were around

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Some of the ball jokes stuff might just be translation differences.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Some of the ball jokes stuff might just be translation differences.
That's true. Whoever was in charge of the CR translation also decided to use the word 'kewl' for some reason, so maybe the problem's not on David's end. e: But really, whatever the original actually said, I love that all of the unsubtle ball jokes in the fan translation culminate in Josuke referring to himself as 'the man who performs under pressure' when he finally wins, and I'm a giant child who loves a stupid dirty joke. 'The man who deflects pressure' is just not as funny.

Amaryllis fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 15, 2016

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Amaryllis posted:

It looked pretty great but they cut a good amount of the fun out of it. I guess more of the humor is just from Josuke saying "pressure" a lot. :laugh:

Oh well. Still fun. Like Josuke said, I think a couple of those ball jokes are probably translation deals, too. Omitting "ack," though... no... why... why did you do this to me

e: Josuke would have opted for the dirty joke, too, so yeah - I'm inclined to think it's translator though of course you can assume that any translation we've read is going to add in some naughtier stuff for kicks, as they are often wont to do.

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 15, 2016

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Oh well. Still fun.
Yeah: there's no such thing as a bad jojo episode. There was a lot of fun uncle-nephew bonding in this one and it's hilarious that Jotaro gets owned by a rat who just happens to have a good stand for that matchup.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
No balls joke in the French translation of the manga.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The fan-subs never miss an opportunity to be crass or throw in a "gently caress" or ten so if there's a rude joke there for real, they'll run with it.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

The fan-subs never miss an opportunity to be crass or throw in a "gently caress" or ten so if there's a rude joke there for real, they'll run with it.
If all of the ball jokes weren't in the original, this was a rare moment when a fan translation managed to feel genuinely natural and not stilted, and when the dirty jokes actually felt appropriate and not gratuitous, so I'm both impressed and disappointed. e: I mean, not all fan translations are super stilted, and I appreciate every scanlator who puts in all that personal time to release manga in English, but some translators would be even better with editors helping them.

Amaryllis fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 15, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I volunteer to tell people they're bad at things.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

My favorite thing Jotaro has ever done is when he Part 4 spoilers- only reason I'm doing this is because I'm pretty sure I saw one of the anime only people posting in here a few pages ago and I don't wanna ruin the surprise! confronted Kira talkin' about he won't be able to tell time with that sweet watch after he breaks it.

His face, that is. And Kira- having never encountered any of the Joestars before- understandably underestimates this man who seems to be a missthrown frisbee away from keeling over. And then he gets his poo poo pushed in.

Just look at him.

http://i.imgur.com/1ZuRB8t.jpg

Kira looked at him and thought https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_XDHRPvdEQ&t=37s only for it to turn out that no, if he weren't mortally wounded, he would've killed you so dead that street could never possibly be washed clean afterwards. And in reality he had one last burst in him so he was feelin pretty good for just those few seconds before he passed out.

http://i.imgur.com/oyeJXv0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iY80GPN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XoLxolh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eJfnsa4.jpg

God, that was so cool.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 15, 2016

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Jotaro rules.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I hope the faceplant is very sudden and impactful when they get there. Like a tonne of bricks being dropped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

:lol: at KQ's doofy face

Kira getting owned never gets old