Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I can see it now.....

Force Awakens opens to the Vader v. Luke duel on Cloud City. Literally just reusing the footage from Empire.

Then Vader cuts off Luke's hand, the camera zooms past Luke and follows the severed hand down the shaft like Gandalf following the Balrog.

As it falls into the open air, cut, next scene hand is floating through space. Some goofy alien CGI character finds it "whooahaha meesa likah diss" or some such and he pockets it. Cue Rey scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Phi230 posted:

Some goofy alien CGI character finds it "whooahaha meesa likah diss"

Then looks into the end of the lightsaber and turns it on.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Phi230 posted:

As it falls into the open air, cut, next scene hand is floating through space. Some goofy alien CGI character finds it "whooahaha meesa likah diss" or some such and he pockets it. Cue Rey scenes.

This would make sense since he is the most powerful Sith Lord there is.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Phi230 posted:

THATS WHY THERE ARE 3 MAIN CHARACTERS WHOAOOAOAOAOAAAHAHH

I would not mind a Star Wars reenactment of Three the Hard Way.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I hope they use de-aging on Hamill to reveal that Vader had additional Big Twist lines between I am your father and Luke jumping off, they just weren't important until now.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Electromax posted:

I hope they use de-aging on Hamill to reveal that Vader had additional Big Twist lines between I am your father and Luke jumping off, they just weren't important until now.

"I am your father"
"What, get out of here!"
"The radiation from lightsabers causes testicular cancer"
"That's crazy talk, man"
"There will be a remake of Ghostbusters with an all-female main cast!"
"NO! THAT'S NOT TRUE! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!" *jumps*

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Forest Whitaker in Rogue One is playing a character from the Clone Wars cartoon.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/22/star-wars-rogue-one-forest-whitaker-character

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I hope Truman Capote the Hutt appears in a Major Motion Picture now.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I hope Truman Capote the Hutt appears in a Major Motion Picture now.

Truman Capote the Hutt is dead, shot through the heart by his ex-lover and current Jabba's Palace singer Sy Snootles.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

KiteAuraan posted:

Truman Capote the Hutt is dead, shot through the heart by his ex-lover and current Jabba's Palace singer Sy Snootles.

Life finds a way.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

He might be still alive in the Han Solo movie.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Life uh finds a way.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Fuzz posted:

This would make sense since he is the most powerful Sith Lord there is.

My favorite thing is the legions of nerds who actually thought Jar Jar was intentionally the main bad guy in star wars and believed it with fanatic fervor.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

ChickenMedium posted:

"I am your father"
"What, get out of here!"
"The radiation from lightsabers causes testicular cancer"
"That's crazy talk, man"
"There will be a remake of Ghostbusters with an all-female main cast!"
"NO! THAT'S NOT TRUE! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!" *jumps*

I swear this was a joke on Family Guy or Robot Chicken like ten years ago.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Phi230 posted:

What makes you guys tgink that EP 8 is even going to be leaked in any way

It's not even being made, that's how tight security is.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Phi230 posted:

My favorite thing is the legions of nerds who actually thought Jar Jar was intentionally the main bad guy in star wars and believed it with fanatic fervor.

This is a fun theory in Phantom Menace but I'm surprised even the most dedicated nerds really clung to it like it was going to happen. Like of course Jar Jar is the fool in Phantom Menace's wushu flick band of good guys, so the part about him being super good with the force in an unknowing and lucky way as a counterpart to Obi-Wan being a devout monk and Qui-Gonn basically being the guy the other jedi buy weed from makes sense and is cool, but did people for real unjokingly think he was going to be the big bad?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Timby posted:

I swear this was a joke on Family Guy or Robot Chicken like ten years ago.

Robot Chicken, with Mark Hamill no less.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbkN9vb__8

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

McSpanky posted:

It's not even being made, that's how tight security is.

Nah, man. They're filming 200 different scenes and then an AI is going to edit them into a film. No one will see it before it is wide-released in theaters.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

ChickenMedium posted:

Nah, man. They're filming 200 different scenes and then an AI is going to edit them into a film. No one will see it before it is wide-released in theaters.

Didn't realize Lucas was involved in Ep8. Cool.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In-universe action figure spotted.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
"TK-241, point to where Vader chocked you."

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

drunkill posted:

"TK-241, point to where Vader chocked you."

...so... much... wrong...

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

A full length Rogue One trailer is being released on July 15th.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Gonz posted:

A full length Rogue One trailer is being released on July 15th.

100% more jokes I bet!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

100% more jokes I bet!

Disney intentionally cut a trailer with "more Laffs".

Laffs with a capital L.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

100% more jokes I bet!

Two jokes!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

this has to be the one that shows Darth Vader is in it, right? they're going to use that as a major marketing push at some point

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If they're going to use it, you use it in Trailer 1, not to be confused with the Teaser or Trailer 2.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

drat, this movie looks hot.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The current trailer isn't trailery enough?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

McSpanky posted:

The current trailer isn't trailery enough?

Its just a teaser

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I think I'll avoid the future trailers then, this one's already whetted my appetite quite effectively. (he said in the spoilerama thread :haw: )

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
So is it true the dark side was created by a tree?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Noam Chomsky posted:

So is it true the dark side was created by a tree?

Yes, and The first lightsabers were actually logging tools.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

DandyLion posted:

Yes, and The first lightsabers were actually logging tools.

Why else would all Jedi grow those awesome lumberjack beards?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This explains the evolution of Ysalamiri.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Description of the new (actual) trailer which was screened at celebration but we won't be seeing for some time??
http://collider.com/rogue-one-new-trailer-description/

quote:

The trailer opens up with a few shots of what looks to be a young Jyn Erso running as an Imperial ship soars above before cutting to Felicity Jones as voice over plays; “There isn’t much time. Every day, we grow weaker. While the day grows grimmer, we still have a chance … to make a real difference.” The music begins to ramp up as we catch glimpses of handcuffed rebels being walked through the streets and shots from the first trailer and from the Star Wars Celebration reel including Stormtroopers walking through Scarif, the Shoretroopers, a shot of Orson Krennic flanked by Death Troopers walking across a terrain that looks a lot like the grassy area we see the young Jyn running through at the beginning of the piece.

The trailer wraps with the reveal we’ve all been waiting for – kind of. In comes the sound of Darth Vader’s breathing and then we get a shot that slowly pans up to show, not Vader himself, but rather his reflection on the floor. That’s all we get, but it’s chilling and satisfying enough and clearly leaves so much more to be discovered about his involvement in the plot of the film.

Overall, this is another fantastic piece of promotional material. Regardless of rumors circulating regarding the tone, just like the first Rogue One trailer, this one definitely has an intense war movie feel to it. It’s packed with Stormtroopers, explosions and other visuals that tease a very visceral intensity, sky high stakes, and a scenario where no one feels safe.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

drunkill posted:

Description of the new (actual) trailer which was screened at celebration but we won't be seeing for some time??
http://collider.com/rogue-one-new-trailer-description/

https://vid.me/nUmJ

Click if you want to be frustrated. The guy films only the upper right corner of the screen for most of the trailer and almost all the shots we do see are recycled from the first teaser. I assume that a high quality version will be put up tonight or tomorrow.

In case anyone was wondering where the promised "three-minute trailer" is, it was actually a sizzle reel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUb_zpdyDpU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
That BTS looks great. Also nice to see some returning background aliens, since TFA went totally knew for all the aliens, save for the returning characters.

• Locked thread