Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Verranicus posted:

"i torb main" elicits such wonderful responses from pubbies.

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Torbj%C3%B6rn-11130

Torb is really underestimated and does a shitload of damage as just himself, the turret is not even remotely close to the best part of his kit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

I've had a team of pubbies yell at me that they were going to report me for intentionally trolling by playing as Torb. Meanwhile here I am sitting on gold damage, eliminations, and objective time the entire game. I mostly laughed at them because they thought reporting would actually do something tangible to me.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
if torb doesnt get gold in elims and damage something is very wrong with that torb

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

'look at all my medals' means precisely poo poo if your team loses

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Reinhardt really needs to learn that holding his shield up is more valuable than charging during ultimates.

Had a Deadeye trained on Reinhardt, it was nearing its end, he just decides to charge me and I instantly kill him.

Like, what did he think was going to happen?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Bolow posted:

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Torbj%C3%B6rn-11130

Torb is really underestimated and does a shitload of damage as just himself, the turret is not even remotely close to the best part of his kit

Yeah, my typical offense plan is to try to flank the enemy team while dropping turrets as I go, eventually setting a level 2 behind them before jumping down and shotgunning them in the face.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Verranicus posted:

Yeah, my typical offense plan is to try to flank the enemy team while dropping turrets as I go, eventually setting a level 2 behind them before jumping down and shotgunning them in the face.

Great, now i want to go to quickplay to try this, watch me hilariously get my rear end handed to me just trying to flank!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The problem with flanking with Torbjorn is that your turret will give itself away before you can upgrade it.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Mister Fister posted:

Great, now i want to go to quickplay to try this, watch me hilariously get my rear end handed to me just trying to flank!

It works more often than not. Just don't stop to engage anyone before you get behind them unless you're confident you can shotgun them in a hit or two.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Nihilarian posted:

The problem with flanking with Torbjorn is that your turret will give itself away before you can upgrade it.

Don't set up until you're reasonably sure that the enemy team is distracted by your own team's push. It usually works out then. You can also get it up to level 2 (and then 3) very quickly by ulting.

For extra fun, build your turrets up on the moving platforms near Volskaya B. Try not to just spam them in there by themselves to get destroyed instantly though, because then you're just feeding the enemy ult. The fact that attacking the turret builds ult is Torb's biggest issue imo.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 15, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

When you quit a game in progress and your team wins without you, the game should message you to inform your unneeded rear end. Solo queue has put me in shittons of backfill today and we've clawed several back. The universal exception was teams with no healer or with Zenyatta (BUT I REPEAT MYSELF :haw: )

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Vargs posted:

Don't set up until you're reasonably sure that the enemy team is distracted by your own team's push. It usually works out then. You can also get it up to level 2 (and then 3) very quickly by ulting.

For extra fun, build your turrets up on the moving platforms near Volskaya B. Try not to just spam them in there by themselves to get destroyed instantly though, because then you're just feeding the enemy ult. The fact that attacking the turret builds ult is Torb's biggest issue imo.

I'll happily trade away turrets giving ult if they stop building it for Torb.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
One thing I think a lot of Torbs get wrong is trying to set up their turrets in the same place over and over. You're way more likely to confuse a team by moving it all over the place whenever it gets destroyed.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

if theyd make a mode that banned gengi and hanzo, this game might be ok

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

racist

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

They can call it internment camp mode.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Verranicus posted:

One thing I think a lot of Torbs get wrong is trying to set up their turrets in the same place over and over. You're way more likely to confuse a team by moving it all over the place whenever it gets destroyed.

This, and trying to out-repair a turret through a Pharah firing rockets at it from far away. I think the only concentrated fire you can repair through is a Mercy plinking away at it with her pistol, and even then it's about even between damage/repair. If a Genji, Pharah or Hanzo starts to actually focus your turret down it's generally time to run away and build somewhere else.

Or, if you have ult, pop it and go kill them.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Golem II posted:

They can call it internment camp mode.

we'd lose D.va and Mei as well.

So yeah, nothing important.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

Play with friends. Friends don't let friends hanjo

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Bruceski posted:

we'd lose D.va and Mei as well.

So yeah, nothing important.

Nah, internment was strictly a Japanese thing, China was an ally and Korea basically didn't exist on the world stage.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
D.va is Japanese. Why else would the attackers start in an arcade plastered with her face on Hanamura?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

This, and trying to out-repair a turret through a Pharah firing rockets at it from far away. I think the only concentrated fire you can repair through is a Mercy plinking away at it with her pistol, and even then it's about even between damage/repair. If a Genji, Pharah or Hanzo starts to actually focus your turret down it's generally time to run away and build somewhere else.

Or, if you have ult, pop it and go kill them.

A lone Mercy is a lot better against turrets than Genji tbh. Her gun does more dps than shurikens and she regenerates health.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Don't know if a joke is going over my head because I just woke up but D.Va is Korean, I mean it is right there in the name of her mech

Mei is Canadian though

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
No, I'm just wrong and basing my wrongness on something also wrong. :v:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Verranicus posted:

Do this even when they aren't destroyed if there's a suitable break in the action.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

mcvey posted:

Play with friends. Friends don't let friends hanjo

the tragedy is i only have friends that are sick of this game and moved on.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Kai Tave posted:

Do this even when they aren't destroyed if there's a suitable break in the action.

Yep. It's fun as hell.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Anyone see an Ana POTG yet? I haven't, and can't think of something she can do that will prompt one.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Hughmoris posted:

Anyone see an Ana POTG yet? I haven't, and can't think of something she can do that will prompt one.

I have yeah, she just killed a few people by hip firing on the point

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I'd imagine that cracking some chicken soup onto a cluster of enemies would also do the trick.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would be totally ok with being Rank 1 if it meant people stopped being salty and angry about loving everything.

e: All I want is to play the game in a semi structured way, and without people whining every time they lose.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Hughmoris posted:

Sleep dart for shutdown potg. I haven't seen it but it should be possible

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIexePzAIG8

There's a guy in this thread who said "it's always roadhog time" so I picked him up.

So now I like Roadhog a lot. Thanks.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

ehhh console highlights. no wonder he kills tracer all the time and has all those riptires where he doesn't die while driving it and no one kills his tire

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

git gud

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

more like the tards that pick them on my team need to git gud

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

more like the tards that pick them on my team need to git gud

okay yeah i agree

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

It's statistically more likely that Hanjo will be on the other team if you yourself are not Hanjo.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Dren posted:

ehhh console highlights. no wonder he kills tracer all the time and has all those riptires where he doesn't die while driving it and no one kills his tire

As a PC player Tracer is one of the easiest characters to kill as Junkrat cause that dumb idiot will run into my trap + mine combo every. single. time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Macaluso posted:

As a PC player Tracer is one of the easiest characters to kill as Junkrat cause that dumb idiot will run into my trap + mine combo every. single. time.
Trap/mine combos mean that you don't have the mine available to airburst in people's faces, which I do constantly, or to blow Reinhardt away from his team. The trap alone is enough to set up a couple left-click hits.