Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
ESPN is poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Every kiss begins with Kahne
Our favorite driver Spiker Gellato has been immortalized in a Tank McNamara comic strip.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I don't really think NASCAR built ESPN in any way, it was probably more due to the fact that for near 20 years you could find every sport on one channel 24/7

that kind of market strangulation tends to breed success

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/753707070462066688

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'd bet money that this is his career.

He's had some bad concussions over the years.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

Seems pretty likely. I think he would make a great team owner but it will be a bummer to not be disappointed by him on a nearly weekly basis any more.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
in hilarious Super Dirt Week news...

SDW to take place at Oswego for 2016

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

So it's just super week?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Possibly Chicken posted:

So it's just super week?

it's getting the Bristol treatment

which is hilarious when you see how close the front stretch stands are to the track

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Alex Bowman to drive the 88? That's a real bitch slap in the face to Elliott Sadler, Justin Allgaier, and Regan Smith.

fuseshock fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 15, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Yeah, a real tragedy that a young and talented up and comer gets a shot instead of proven talents like Sadler and Allgeier

lmao

e- gently caress me, why does no one ever put Morgan Sheppard in their car

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

VikingSkull posted:

e- gently caress me, why does no one ever put Morgan Sheppard in their car

You mean 74 year old up and comer Morgan Shepherd? I'll only take that if there's literally a picture of Jesus on the hood.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

young and talented

probably will finish in 25th

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

fuseshock posted:

probably will finish in 25th

It's the 88 at Kentucky. :thumbsup: Barring the one it's a pretty mediocre track for them.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Also, I would be happy if Jr retired and became NASCAR tweet master or NASCAR life of the party.

Or both. Whatever.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Man I really like Junior :(

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
It's just hilarious that people bitch about Buschwhackers and then when a young guy gets a shot, the thread is like "but what about these washed up guys :confused:"

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Who's ready the Aspen dental Eldora dirt derby next week?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/753946539245113344

Did Bob Pockrass learn how to tell jokes?? Or is poo poo about to get wacky?

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

poo poo got very real:

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/07/15/hendrick-official-if-dale-earnhardt-jr-cant-race-at-indy-jeff-gordon-will-drive-no-88/

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

VikingSkull posted:

He's had some bad concussions over the years.

I hadn't been on SA until just now and thought that was about JWT. :(

Junyer was on the fast track to be my new favorite driver, so god damnit. Gordon, Stewart, potential new favorite Junyer in two years?

But that said:

Fuckin' hell, if there's ever been something that makes a trip to watch a Cup race at the Brickyard tempting... :getin:

Possibly Chicken posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFtb3EtjEic

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I've been able to go to Daytona and hope to continue to do so for years to come, but there's something about Eldora which makes it that much more fun all-around. I'm just glad my ticket will be for the Aspen Dental 150 and not the #Eldora.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

I think this might be worse than they're letting on :(

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I wonder how many races they talk Gordon into if Junyer can't go for a while. Pocono was one of his better tracks in the last few years of his career and Axalta's on the car again at the Glen, which was a mixed bag in his last few years but "road course ability", etc.

e- Info from Boomer's link:

quote:

Gordon, who retired after last season, is not available to drive for Earnhardt this weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway because he is in France with his wife.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 15, 2016

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Man I hope Dale is alright. I'm glad more folks are starting to give a poo poo about concussions.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Norns posted:

Man I hope Dale is alright. I'm glad more folks are starting to give a poo poo about concussions.

I've been watching the concussion thing for a few years now. I used to race BMX and ride dirt and freestyle, and I've had like 5 or 6 solid concussions. One complete with leaking sinus fluid. I hope it makes me hulk out and have a ragedeath instead of sadbraining around until I eat a handful of pills :smith:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CBJSprague24 posted:

e- Info from Boomer's link:

So was John Wes Townley.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

I've been watching the concussion thing for a few years now. I used to race BMX and ride dirt and freestyle, and I've had like 5 or 6 solid concussions. One complete with leaking sinus fluid. I hope it makes me hulk out and have a ragedeath instead of sadbraining around until I eat a handful of pills :smith:

supposedly the real problem isn't the big concussions, it's the hundreds/thousands of little ones that people just shrug off

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

wicka posted:

supposedly the real problem isn't the big concussions, it's the hundreds/thousands of little ones that people just shrug off

those are the ones that worry me now. no way in hell I didn't rack up a ton of those shocks every time I landed from a jump. 5-10ft+ drops with no suspension

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VikingSkull posted:

Don't buy a home gym

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
the gym is fine, it's the wife and kid that causes issues

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

VikingSkull posted:

those are the ones that worry me now. no way in hell I didn't rack up a ton of those shocks every time I landed from a jump. 5-10ft+ drops with no suspension

I've had 9 diagnosed, and spent my teen years riding dirt bikes, bulls and skateboards/BMX.

I told my wife if I start acting funny in the or 10 years to give me the old yeller treatment.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

the gym is fine, it's the wife and kid that causes issues

'twas a chris benoit joke

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

wicka posted:

'twas a chris benoit joke

he was continuing it :ssh:

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Possibly Chicken posted:

I bought tickets on one of them fancy cement slabs. No more GA for me.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Isn't the modified race in New Hampshire this weekend? I can't find anything to set up on the DVR.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Boomer The Cannon posted:

So was John Wes Townley.

:thurman:

mischief posted:

Isn't the modified race in New Hampshire this weekend? I can't find anything to set up on the DVR.

Check NBCSN next Wednesday or Thursday around 6 p.m. Eastern. They typically air those on tape delay.

E- Mod main next Thurs 7 Eastern. Mod All-Star Race 7-26 7pm Eastern, both NBCSN.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jul 16, 2016

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

he was continuing it :ssh:

idk if you picked up on this or not but i'm really, ridiculously stupid

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

wicka posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIsklYi7loc

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

wicka posted:

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

kidcoelacanth posted:

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/753946539245113344

Did Bob Pockrass learn how to tell jokes?? Or is poo poo about to get wacky?

If this happens at my very first race, I will be piss drunk cheering like mad

• Locked thread