Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Pook Good Mook posted:

Why the hell did Pence get on board with Trump?

He's an established operator, he knows what a mess Trump's campaign is in, why would he do this?

Because Trump could actually win in spite of his poo poo campaign and he would then be the next GOP guy in line for the WH. It's a bit of a longshot but it isn't like Pence is some young hotshot tarnishing some future career.

Presumably Pence also thinks he can fix Trump's issues because I doubt there are many governors that don't think they are political jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

amanasleep
May 21, 2008
https://twitter.com/AmandaMarcotte/status/754003492382076928

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

:wiggle:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

:drat:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

:shittypop:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

UncleSmoothie posted:

You can tell Trump isn't that into Pence because this has got to be the only Trump tweet I've ever seen with less than two exclamation marks in it

hint: trump didn't write that one

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

louisgod lost his moderator ship by giving a toxx challenge to a goonette to write louisgod across her tits and take a photo or something like that

there is a louisgod.png that has the toxx, someone please post it tia

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Trump should delay his VP announcement again, and reconsider in light of this news.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Please ban me, I am a man of my word

Also loving Mike Pence are you serious, Paul!!!!!!

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

Oiled and Ready posted:

Stay safe, lube ghost

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

oh look, jeb! said something

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/754079863871504385

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oiled and Ready posted:

This is posting with great courage

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Pence did have a really great talk radio show theme song.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

remember when ted cruz announced carly fiorina as his vp in a desperation play, good times those were. quaint, even.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
T-bagging the gaping maw of the P

'Merica

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Oh my loving God.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
The 90s were a hell of a time

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

[extremely Morgan Freeman voice]

...I agree with the first part.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
For anyone who doesn't want to click through on Jebs op ed here's the highlights:

quote:

As much as I reject Donald Trump as our party leader, he did not create the political culture of the United States on his own.

Eight years of the divisive tactics of President Obama and his allies have undermined Americans’ faith in politics and government to accomplish anything constructive. The president has wielded his power — while often exceeding his authority — to punish his opponents, legislate from the White House and turn agency rulemaking into a weapon for liberal dogma.

In turn, a few in the Republican Party responded by trying to out-polarize the president, making us seem anti-immigrant, anti-woman, anti-science, anti-gay, anti-worker and anti-common-sense.

quote:

And, on the left, Hillary Clinton promises to continue the disastrous foreign and economic policies of the Obama administration, as well as its hyper-partisanship. She has gone as far as to say Republicans are her “enemy” — a clear sign she doesn’t have any more interest in doing the hard work of forging consensus than her former boss does.

:ironicat:

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Trump hasn't tweeted in eight hours. Come on, Don, you know you want to comment on the 'BLM attack on the city of Turkey'.

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/TimAlberta/status/754075577573924867

quote:

As late as Tuesday, advisers say, Trump had been leaning toward Christie, his longtime friend and now trusted adviser. Weeks earlier, Trump's children had been leaning toward Newt Gingrich, several sources said, dazzled by the former House speaker's charm and encyclopedic knowledge of politics. Trump has long been skittish about confrontation with those who are loyal to him, and Christie had stood with him longer than most. So Trump kept calling him Thursday, not quite saying he had chosen Pence, but trying to convince Christie to take the job of attorney general.

quote:

Trump kept calling Manafort and his son-in-law until midnight, asking whether he could reverse his decision. He was told he could not.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
lol

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I don't think Trump is gonna win the weekend news cycle.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Listen, wapo my friend, she called us enemies.

Who did?

Y'know...argh I'm forgetting her name...she murdered vince foster and like 10 other people, she called in airstrikes to kill the CIA Marine Elite Special 300 Spartan forces who were holding the mohammeden at bay in benghazi, she had that email server where she was sending state secrets to Russia, she's married to that pedophile philanderer....gently caress I can't remember her name. This is so embarassing it's right on the tip of my tongue.....arggggh.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I actually feel sorry for Trump because I understand what he was going through so well.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Listen, wapo my friend, she called us enemies.

Who did?

Y'know...argh I'm forgetting her name...she murdered vince foster and like 10 other people, she called in airstrikes to kill the CIA Marine Elite Special 300 Spartan forces who were holding the mohammeden at bay in benghazi, she had that email server where she was sending state secrets to Russia, she's married to that pedophile philanderer....gently caress I can't remember her name. This is so embarassing it's right on the tip of my tongue.....arggggh.

I gave her a goddamn liberty medal in 2013..

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Jewel Repetition posted:

I actually feel sorry for Trump because I understand what he was going through so well.

I, too, once regretted asking a girl to prom

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

This story has the Trump kids arguing for Pence and Trump wanting Christie. That's quite different from the narrative that we were hearing all week that the Trump kids wanted Newt.

Sounds like Newt was working the phones hard until today.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
That moment where Ivanka took trump aside and told him that everyone was laughing about how thoroughly he has dehumanized Christie

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
It's impossible to know how the VP selection went down. My personal theory is that Newt is such a media parasite that he inserted himself into the veep stakes and had free reign to fan those flames. The Trump campaign couldn't shut the speculation down because Gingrich is one of a handful of reliable surrogates.

Newt didn't get VP but he got weeks of the spotlight which is all he cares about.

No idea what Christie's whole deal is.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Zas posted:

I gave her a goddamn liberty medal in 2013..

Gah, this is getting embarassing......you know, it's that one lady? That one where we took some lovely DVD's about her to the supreme court and caused Citizens United?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I think the question right now is, how quickly and badly would President Trump respond to events in Turkey?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mBABjZswrY

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

SirPablo posted:

I think the question right now is, how quickly and badly would President Trump respond to events in Turkey?

big l(eague)y

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

joe :allears:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

SirPablo posted:

He'd be doing what he's doing right now: Getting increasingly bored as some nerd tells him why you can't call either side muslim ultraterrorists, while secretly composing a tweet under the table about how he called it and that we should cancel turkey until we can figure out what's going on.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SirPablo posted:

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/753967524820185088

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

Trump must be furious that the story about his VP indecision got out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Jewel Repetition posted:

Yeah sure I sympathize with him and pretty lovely at delivering bad news too, but I'm not running for loving president.

• Locked thread