Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RealFoxy posted:

I've got a quick question, I just hatched a Squirtle with 6 points in everything, neutral nature and 12 HP, is this on the way of hatching the "Perfect" egg? I've never done anything before and I actually got it by accident because I got too many squirtle eggs.

Maybe.

You can't exactly determine a pokemon's IVs at level 1. There's too little variance in stats. You'll need to level it a few times, keeping track of any EVs it gains and plugging the numbers into a calculator to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Zore posted:

Maybe.

You can't exactly determine a pokemon's IVs at level 1. There's too little variance in stats. You'll need to level it a few times, keeping track of any EVs it gains and plugging the numbers into a calculator to be sure.

If you're going to level it, you can use rare candies on it without having to keep track of EVs being gained.

It also helps if you're at the point where you can talk to the IV judge. He's only found in post game areas so you've need to have beaten the game and have access to those places.

FishBulb posted:

There's a guy in the Pokemon center in the battle ... Island. Whatever it's called in ORAS that will tell you. I'm sure there's a similar guy in XY probably?

Kiloude City. The town with the Friend Safari Zone.

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 15, 2016

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

RealFoxy posted:

I've got a quick question, I just hatched a Squirtle with 6 points in everything, neutral nature and 12 HP, is this on the way of hatching the "Perfect" egg? I've never done anything before and I actually got it by accident because I got too many squirtle eggs.

There's a guy in the Pokemon center in the battle ... Island. Whatever it's called in ORAS that will tell you. I'm sure there's a similar guy in XY probably?

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

RealFoxy posted:

Bit more detail: there are "Stat Judges" in kiloude City's Pokémon center and OR/AS's Battle Resort. They'll tell you (read: give you a vague hint about) the highest IVs of a Pokémon in the order HP, Atk, Def, SpA, SpD, Spd. They also have a special line for when a stat has zero IVs.

IV range of 0-15: "It has rather decent stats, I'd say. That's how I judge it."
IV range of 16-25: "It's definitely got some good stats. That's how I judge it."
IV range 26-30: "This Pokémon has some fantastic stats. That's how I judge it."
IV of 31: "Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it."

notoriousman fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 15, 2016

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
Got everything set up today. I'm having a blast playing. Don't know why I waited so long.

Die Laughing posted:

I'll have a Mew for you when you're ready. Got two boxes of clones from my 2010 Mew.

Flopsy posted:

I do a lot of breeding and have quite a few nice pokes I'm planning on giving away (spare legendaries, female starters from wondertrade etc.). Once you have your new 3DS shoot me over a friend code and I'll hook you up with whatcha need. Glad to see you getting back into the swing of things on the eve of seventh Gen. :)

If you guys still have some to spare, I would much appreciate it. I grabbed the current one Shaymin, so he'll be chilling in a box until I can control him.

1264-0274-3387 Trainer name is Kadamony.

Thanks again!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Gotcha registered, give me a ring whenever ya want.

Edit: Forgot to mention this. My trainer name and FC are on the previous page.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jul 16, 2016

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Do you have any other spare Legendaries? I missed the first four they gave away as part of the 20th anniversary thing.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
this is not ok

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

MockingQuantum posted:

Do you have any other spare Legendaries? I missed the first four they gave away as part of the 20th anniversary thing.

Mm...which ones you lookin' for? Mind you when I say spare legendaries I 'm referring to some in game Hoenn ones I was planning on giving away, I caught others in my Ruby game with better stats.

edit: Just got a Kyurem in wondertrade so he's up for grabs too.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 16, 2016

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Flopsy posted:

Mm...which ones you lookin' for? Mind you when I say spare legendaries I 'm referring to some in game Hoenn ones I was planning on giving away, I caught others in my Ruby game with better stats.

Think they're looking for the mythicals that were part of the 20th anniversary giveaway going on this year; specifically Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Darkrai.

MockingQuantum posted:

I can part with a Jirachi and a Darkrai, have anything interesting? My IGN is noto and FC is 0834-4483-9578

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Flopsy posted:

edit: Just got a Kyurem in wondertrade so he's up for grabs too.

Oops, notoriousman is right, I meant mythicals, not legendaries.

notoriousman posted:

Think they're looking for the mythicals that were part of the 20th anniversary giveaway going on this year; specifically Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Darkrai.

I can part with a Jirachi and a Darkrai, have anything interesting? My IGN is noto and FC is 0834-4483-9578

Honestly I don't have much... I think I may have a spare Manaphy, but that's probably it.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

MockingQuantum posted:

Honestly I don't have much... I think I may have a spare Manaphy, but that's probably it.

Yeah, just realized that. I don't need anything special. Post your friend code and I'll add you.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Flopsy posted:

Registered you back. Nintendo's friend system is bizarre.

From this point I can say with reasonable certainty that I have no idea what to do.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

MockingQuantum posted:

Hm..sorry m'man just got in game spares. You want any of those I'll give em' away for free.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Strife posted:

Registered you back. Nintendo's friend system is bizarre.

From this point I can say with reasonable certainty that I have no idea what to do.

Well which game do ya have? Ruby, Sapphire or both? I can help you fill out your pokedex if I know what won't be in your game or I can give advice where to find your favorites if you like.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Flopsy posted:

Well which game do ya have? Ruby, Sapphire or both? I can help you fill out your pokedex if I know what won't be in your game or I can give advice where to find your favorites if you like.

Sapphire. I had Blue as a kid so I figured I'd stick with the theme.

Any extras you've got that I'm unlikely to encounter would be appreciated. Apparently that's Groudon, Latios, Mawile, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Solrock, Zangoose, Ho-oh, Palkia, Reshiram, Tornadus, Kabuto, Shieldon, Archen, Skrelp, and Throh?

Also any cool poo poo from the Gen 1 days. I'll probably replay that at some point to ship all those sweet Kanto Pokemon into the cloud, but that'll take multiple replays if I recall correctly.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Strife posted:

Also any cool poo poo from the Gen 1 days. I'll probably replay that at some point to ship all those sweet Kanto Pokemon into the cloud, but that'll take multiple replays if I recall correctly.

you can get any pokemon in gen 1 including mew by tricking the game to load the wrong pokemon, but that may be beyond the scope of a nostalgic playthrough

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

oddium posted:

you can get any pokemon in gen 1 including mew by tricking the game to load the wrong pokemon, but that may be beyond the scope of a nostalgic playthrough

Yeah I read all about that. Probably beyond my level of patience.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Flopsy posted:

Alrighty I'll take the five IV as is please. My friend code is: 3582-9673-0339. Trainer name Soledad. If there's anything you're lookin' for lemmie know. :D

I have you registered! I will be home for the rest of the night, but I'll be playing other things. I'll keep checking periodically to see if you're around.

I'm not looking for anything in particular, just if you have something in an interesting ball or with egg moves or whatever. I'm not picky.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Strife posted:

Yeah I read all about that. Probably beyond my level of patience.

It's not difficult to do, but getting specific Pokémon can be a pain in the rear end. At least Mew is one you can get early. Then your inner child can live the dream.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

BillmasterCozb posted:

this is not ok

i get it

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Strife posted:

Sapphire. I had Blue as a kid so I figured I'd stick with the theme.

Any extras you've got that I'm unlikely to encounter would be appreciated. Apparently that's Groudon, Latios, Mawile, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Solrock, Zangoose, Ho-oh, Palkia, Reshiram, Tornadus, Kabuto, Shieldon, Archen, Skrelp, and Throh?

Alright lemmie get these set up for you. I think I can manage a decent chunk of these guys. Catch a lot of zigzagoon or wurmple they're plentiful and make it easy to do an early trade.

Silver Falcon posted:

I have you registered! I will be home for the rest of the night, but I'll be playing other things. I'll keep checking periodically to see if you're around.

I'm not looking for anything in particular, just if you have something in an interesting ball or with egg moves or whatever. I'm not picky.

I have a hidden ability female elgem with nasty plot. I'll be online most of the night too.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Flopsy posted:

Alright lemmie get these set up for you. I think I can manage a decent chunk of these guys. Catch a lot of zigzagoon or wurmple they're plentiful and make it easy to do an early trade.

I have a hidden ability female elgem with nasty plot. I'll be online most of the night too.

I'm online in OR right now if you're able to make a trade! Your Elgyem would be fine. I'm really not picky.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Thank you very much! :D

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Flopsy posted:

Will do. Currently have a good 13ish garbage pokes in the computer.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

notoriousman posted:

Yeah, just realized that. I don't need anything special. Post your friend code and I'll add you.

I don't have my 3DS in front of me, but I'll post it later tonight when I get home. Thanks!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Strife posted:

Will do. Currently have a good 13ish garbage pokes in the computer.

Okay I got three pokes ready to go for ya.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Alrighty! That's all I got for the moment, pleasure trading with ya.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Flopsy posted:

Alrighty! That's all I got for the moment, pleasure trading with ya.

Thanks so much!

Honda Motorcycle's slogan is "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" but clearly you meet the nicest people in the Pokemon thread.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Take it to the trading thread noobs. :flips off everyone and kicks a baby:

New game, see how many people playing pokemon go will have their mind blown when they find out how Ekans and Arbok get their name

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Take it to the trading thread noobs. :flips off everyone and kicks a baby:

New game, see how many people playing pokemon go will have their mind blown when they find out how Ekans and Arbok get their name

And also Muk. :mrgw:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I'm trying to get the Blissey bases in my Omega Ruby game, but it seems that I've completely forgotten how to access the 3DS camera to scan the QR codes. Do I need to be in the game itself or do I access it from the 3DS menu?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Pentaro posted:

And also Muk. :mrgw:

Mr. Mime. :greenangel:

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Zuzie posted:

I'm trying to get the Blissey bases in my Omega Ruby game, but it seems that I've completely forgotten how to access the 3DS camera to scan the QR codes. Do I need to be in the game itself or do I access it from the 3DS menu?

3DS menu, hit both shoulder buttons.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Wait, I thought you went to a secret base in game and selected the add new bases option

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Wait, I thought you went to a secret base in game and selected the add new bases option
You do, I just did it a couple weeks ago. Make sure you delete the secret bases in those areas first, I don't know 100% if it overwrites the old ones.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oop

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ruggington posted:

zanthis's rosalina put anti in losers and dath's robin put him out of the tourney

nakat was taken to losers by ally and eliminated immediately afterward

get mr. r and nairo out of here and i can have the abadango/hyuga grand finals I crave

Nice

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i keep every thread open in every tab so i can keep everything updated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Nice

• Locked thread