Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008
Couldn't they use over-ear protection?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

The Locator posted:

The guy at the head doing the actual replacement looks like he is wearing custom fit ear inserts of some kind. Maybe electronic noise cancelling doo-dads, or hell, maybe just hearing aids since his job made him go deaf probably.
You can get custom fit ear plugs molded to your ear canal, they tend to be the highest rated you could get.

Royal W posted:

Couldn't they use over-ear protection?
Over ear is better than nothing, but is not recognized as a primary form of ear protection because they tend to spend worrying amounts of time not on the ears from jostling and movement or instinctually tipping a cup when someone is talking at you.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
That's a 1" drive impact gun and you are sitting in the frame of the thing it's pounding on. Just one day of that and you're toast.

I used a slide hammer next to my ear once and I never forgot ear protection after that. Proper OSHA or not, that is a hard video to watch.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Platystemon posted:

Serious question: are they on the clock while in the decompression chamber? I mean obvious the human answer is “yes”, but then there was that Amazon case…

Then again, Amazon pickers didn’t have a union.

Without going to check, I want to say that safety gear and other required prep on site should all be on the clock. Miners get paid for the elevator ride up/down, and time putting on/removing gear that couldn't be considered normal clothes. The Amazon case about not paying workers for time spent in security lines was different for Reasons*.

*The reason was: gently caress minimum wage workers who don't have a union.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wearing a helmet, all is safe.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I've seen models bug out like that in Bethesda games plenty of times.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Should be t-pose.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Surprisingly, this looks like this might be the safe and OSHA-approved solution for this problem.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Carbon dioxide posted:

Surprisingly, this looks like this might be the safe and OSHA-approved solution for this problem.

Not on an escalator, 2/10

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

MariusLecter posted:

DO NOT ATTEMPT (even though it's sooooooo much fun)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY-fLq8Trqc

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Carbon dioxide posted:

On the other end of the scale:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Perestroika posted:

On the other end of the scale:

I'll take "shear force" for 2000 alex :stare:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
whatever lol.

there's a primary and a backup what more do you want

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Elsa posted:

there's a primary and a backup what more do you want

Are you talking about the guy up that ladder, and his eventually replacement when he falls to his death?

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
This guy is cool

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Always make sure you've got back up when you're laddering

Never ladder alone!

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I'm the guy at the top of the stairs with the "gently caress." look on his face.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Are you talking about the guy up that ladder, and his eventually replacement when he falls to his death?

You don't have to die, just get hurt enough to sue the company and walla you own it now.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Load-bearing saran-wrap! :ughh:

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
Well to be fair the bricks aren't load bearing. They just cover up the post that is the load bearing structure. But yeah, those bricks are going to fall and hurt someone. Hopefully the person that thought wrapping plastic wrap around them was a sufficient fix.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

MariusLecter posted:

I will say that Little Giant ladders kick rear end. I'm a "gentleman of size", and I've had adjustable ladders break on me. Little Giants are amazingly strong. There's one at my work that I use from time to time and it blows my mind how stiff it is.

For content:

When I was a kid, we had one of these fellows set up for picking up windrows instead of straight cutting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwBraC4PXJQ
We used to use a chaff saver (another dangerous device) and then fork the chaff back through the combine to save anything that wasn't stripped. My job as a child was to put my hand on the header clutch and, if my father or our hired man were to fall into the header, I was to pull the clutch lever. Keep in mind that I would only be saving the back half of the person.

First there are the spiky things, then the smashy things, then the slicy things, then the feed spiky things. It took about 7 seconds for the whole assembly to stop so I was really there to save the seed, not the person.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nothing wrong here, they are clearly testing out a prototype air plane on a highway.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I'm dying to know how he got that on/off the freeway

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

I wonder what they would have done if the shoulder ended.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Plus, he's driving right on the rumble strip. Jeeze, some people.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
hey, at least it's keeping him awake so he doesn't veer into the lane and impale somebody

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

oohhboy posted:

Nothing wrong here, they are clearly testing out a prototype air plane on a highway.

They should have tested it in a secure environment first before a field trial. Like, on a treadmill or something

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Maybe he needs lumber that long because he's going to build a boat?

Of course if you don't want to haul your boat sideways you can just cast a "Defy gravity" spell and carry it lengthways:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

I'm the red rag tied on back for safety

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Wow that's a hell of a Vice City graphics mod

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

That's a Borderlands buzz-axe.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
what's so OSHA about a Makita grinder with a saw blade attached?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Elsa posted:

what's so OSHA about a Makita grinder with a saw blade attached?

Everything.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
pretty sure that's DOOM DLC

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
The RPM is meant for a much smaller grinder wheel so it will be very fast. That will probably make it louder while it's cutting so be sure to wear ear protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The blade will bounce off and, since there's no other grip to prevent the thing from rotating, it will twist and cut into the wrist of the operator. Who will proceed to drop it on his foot.