Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Incoherence posted:

Trap/mine combos mean that you don't have the mine available to airburst in people's faces, which I do constantly, or to blow Reinhardt away from his team. The trap alone is enough to set up a couple left-click hits.

It's possible to do two things!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtMcbNs_rxs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Incoherence posted:

Trap/mine combos mean that you don't have the mine available to airburst in people's faces, which I do constantly, or to blow Reinhardt away from his team. The trap alone is enough to set up a couple left-click hits.

I mean if you get a better opportunity after setting up the combo, you can still use your conc mine anyway. It doesn't take that option away from you. I find half the time I set up the trap combo I have to use the mine before I get to use the combo and that's okay - its completely worth setting up anyway for the time you catch that Tracer or whoever flanking on the side before anyone comes in the front gates.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Macaluso posted:

As a PC player Tracer is one of the easiest characters to kill as Junkrat cause that dumb idiot will run into my trap + mine combo every. single. time.

Yeah the trap is a real headache for tracer and lots of other heroes. Junkrat shouldn't be killing tracer too much though. She has the ability to pick her fights and shouldn't be taking fights with him in hallways where he has an advantage or getting too close to him unless he's low or she has the drop on him.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

if theyd make a mode that banned gengi and hanzo, this game might be ok

NO SHIMADAS ALLOWED

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

you get either brother Genji or brother Hanzo. that's it.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Hanzos vs Genjis is actually a good Brawl idea.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Philip Rivers posted:

Hanzos vs Genjis is actually a good Brawl idea.

Didn't we have this..?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Verranicus posted:

Didn't we have this..?

Yes, it was loving awful, like 100% of brawls that aren't Mystery Heroes

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I'm pretty sure they already had Shimada Bowl, and it was terrible

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Ddraig posted:

Yes, it was loving awful, like 100% of brawls that aren't Mystery Heroes

We're All Soldiers Now was actually Fun And Good.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

It was terrible partially because they reduced cooldowns by like 75% for some reason

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
the Pharah brawl might've been okay if they didn't make the jump jets cool down in 1 second. Kinda fucks up the whole rhythm of a Pharah mirror duel.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is Masteroverwatch hosed on how it's getting some of its data? Like it thinks I'm in the top 19% of Pharahs for elims per minute but bottom 28% for damage per minute and I don't imagine those coexisting. I'm not flying around looking for people with 3 HP and finding them at some insane rate.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

You get an elimination for doing 1 damage

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

strong bird posted:

You get an elimination for doing 1 damage

Yes but unless I'm finding tons of half-dead targets, high elims and low damage aren't going to be that far apart. It's a trend that carries through on all my dudes. Like it thinks I'm top 10% Tracer for elims per minute and bottom 27% on damage.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Yes but unless I'm finding tons of half-dead targets, high elims and low damage aren't going to be that far apart. It's a trend that carries through on all my dudes. Like it thinks I'm top 10% Tracer for elims per minute and bottom 27% on damage.

You'd be surprised

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm fairly confident that I'm not in the top 5% of Hanzos for elims per minute.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I'm fairly confident that I'm not in the top 5% of Hanzos for elims per minute.

You'd be surprised

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

verbal enema posted:

You'd be surprised

I'm in the top 4% for accuracy for Pharah and way below 50% for eliminations http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/NAMEREDACTED-1183

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

my account is a pretty good look at "wow, you're pretty good, but you can't seal the deal" :madmax:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

triple post but this website is garbage that's all

edit:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

I'm pretty sure they already had Shimada Bowl, and it was terrible

they did and it was bad. hanzo vs genji is a really bad match up

also it was limited to the worst map in the game, hanamura

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Your account does the same thing. Literally every account I'm looking at, people's elims per minute percentile is way higher than their damage per minute percentile. Is there anyone out there that shows an exception

Like I'm sure people want to believe the flattering stats about their elims per minute and not the horrifying ones about their damage but it's probably just as likely that neither are correct

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 16, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's because you can get an elimination for 1 damage but people you shoot at don't necessarily die every time

it's not some big mystery

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It's percentile ranks. We can't have an entire player base in the bottom quartile for damage. And the more those bottom quartile ranks for damage coincide with top ranks for elims, the more improbable it gets.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they aren't. I'm in the top 19% for damage done and you can check the leaderboards for people in the top 10

it might even do the top percentages across all platforms, or be pulling the top percentage from blizzard's servers rather than just pooling the people that have actually been checked on master overwatch itself

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

they aren't. I'm in the top 19% for damage done and you can check the leaderboards for people in the top 10

it might even do the top percentages across all platforms, or be pulling the top percentage from blizzard's servers rather than just pooling the people that have actually been checked on master overwatch itself

do you have belief in the website or not

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I see no reason to believe master overwatch is wrong

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Your account does the same thing. Literally every account I'm looking at, people's elims per minute percentile is way higher than their damage per minute percentile. Is there anyone out there that shows an exception

Like I'm sure people want to believe the flattering stats about their elims per minute and not the horrifying ones about their damage but it's probably just as likely that neither are correct

it's not me but

it's the insanity that my accuracy is this dang good and i'm still this dang bad!!!!!!!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I see no reason to believe master overwatch is wrong

Unless they've changed the way the system works, Master Overwatch only looks at and updates the people that have been searched for. And unlike something like HotsLogs for HotS, it only works for one player rather than 10. There's millions of people that have played this game. I'd be surprised if even a quarter of them are on the site, and if half of those are up to date.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

Okay but actually look at those leaderboards. The quickplay damage percentiles are still dragging insanely far behind their elim per minute percentiles on everyone, even if the actual number is higher. (This doesn't seem to be as pronounced if you look at the same players' competitive records)

Like yes we can make up explanations like they're actually securing kills so they're not doing as much empty damage, but that still doesn't explain why everyone I look at in quickplay lags on damage percentile. If we see this again and again and again, there has to be some population out there with oversized damage percentile and lower and lower kill rates.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 16, 2016

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Mine are pretty close to each other. 45th/39th with Zarya, 98th/84th with Symmetra (no wonder I have a 70% win rate with her), 81st/78th with S76, 70th/64th with Rein, etc. Nothing jumps out as insane.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

why wouldn't that be the case?

please keep in mind that shooting barriers also counts towards poo poo like accuracy and damage so you can do a shitload of damage without ever even touching another player

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

i just can't be put at ease with a website telling me i'm good when i'm not

game-winning is the good metric and there's not of that happening forever

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I feel confident not trusting a site that says I'm putting up Seagull numbers on Hanzo.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I feel confident not trusting a site that says I'm putting up Seagull numbers on Hanzo.

does your accuracy look like mine

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I love that every time a stat tracking website gets involved in a game discussion dozens of goons come out and demonstrate a shockingly weak comprehension of how statistics and numbers work

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Brannock posted:

I love that every time a stat tracking website gets involved in a game discussion dozens of goons come out and demonstrate a shocking low level of comprehension of how statistics and numbers work

save us from ourselves already

we're typing out for help for god's sake

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Lovely Senorita posted:

does your accuracy look like mine

No it's Hanzo. Even Seagull's accuracy rating which is a super high percentile on Hanzo only amounts to about a third of his shots. But we have the same elim per minute percentile and drat close on damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Nehru the Damaja posted:

No it's Hanzo. Even Seagull's accuracy rating which is a super high percentile on Hanzo only amounts to about a third of his shots. But we have the same elim per minute percentile and drat close on damage.

this is what I don't get and I want Brannock to point out because this makes no sense to me