Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

https://threadandspoke.com/collections/all/products/mont-ventoux-running-club

Get em while you can!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

If doping control knocked on Froomes door right now (2:14am CET) there would be a positive on this Tour.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Pocket posted:

If doping control knocked on Froomes door right now (2:14am CET) there would be a positive on this Tour.

L@@K INSIDE KNOWLEDGE

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
https://twitter.com/etixx_quickstep/status/754029932934815744

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Froome hasn't really had any performances in this Tour that are cause for raised eyebrows, tbh. He killed a time trial against guys who aren't that great at it, not really surprising

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It was a time trial on his terrain as well.

They've been toying with the catch for about 10 km now.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Is it just me or are there more flares this year?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Howes is dead

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Wtf did Kittel do there??

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cav swerved like gently caress there, but he could argue the wind.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

goatface posted:

Cav swerved like gently caress there, but he could argue the wind.

It looks worse because Kittel is swerving in too. Doesnt stop the fact he was never gonna win that.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Cav is on fire

Marcus Kittels terrified

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, seeing the overhead it was more of a general drift. There was an open space there in front of Kittel to move into.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Kittel was already well beaten when Cav moved across

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Yeah I'm going to file that as a Kittel meltdown instead of a Cav swerve. Pretty funny that Kittel now can't even win on a 20 m wide, 3 km long finishing straight.

Dirtanium
Aug 3, 2007

peanut- posted:

Kittel was already well beaten when Cav moved across

Yea, Cav had Kittel's number the entire sprint. Hell, pretty much the entire tour. Cav's form has been fantastic this tour.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cavendish is pretty good at borrowing other people's trains.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Not a good leadout for Quickstep, had Kittel breaking wind too early.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Shittel.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!
Cav has a huge advantage on a slight uphill into a straight headwind. Much more aero, much lighter.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I feel like Cav is the only athlete in any sport that does genuinely interesting post-race interviews.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Cav is full of dope, no wonder he's winning.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

That British Cycling flow

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Think they take look cleats which a huge swathe of the peleton are on.

Mavic 3-bolt pedals take their iClic cleat, which isn't compatible with Look.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

peanut- posted:

I feel like Cav is the only athlete in any sport that does genuinely interesting post-race interviews.

He's claimed to have a photographic memory to the point where after the third recon ride he can remember where every pothole is for the last 5km. Hearing his post-race interviews, I have zero reason to doubt him.

The dude's really something special.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He tells you where other people were and what they were doing more reliably than they can. He's the rainman of bike sprinting.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Six hour day in the saddle and tomorrow mountains...gonna be some tired faces.

Granted, their power numbers on Strava were relatively very low which probably just meant a lot of leaning into cross winds. Most of the complaining however was about direct head winds so things don't add up.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Aru's having a go today at least!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They are dropping a lot of people.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
TJ is a shithouse.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just having a casual tinny as you're pulling a train up a mountain.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

teejay tears have gotta be soon right??

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Bad tour?

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

We'll see how the two hilltop finishes and the rolleur TT go, but I'm leaning towards it being a rather good tour with a lot of weird, memorable, poo poo not to mention a GC leader that's earned yellow by taking chances instead of staring at his SRM up HC climbs.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's not been a tour where the winner has looked in doubt. Most of the GC contenders haven't really turned up, and unless something amazing/terrible/amazingly terrible happens on the other time trial I can't see any real challenge succeeding with what's left. His train is too strong.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Yeah, it'd be nice to have some competition but at least Froome styled it out a little bit with the wacky descents, crosswind attacks and an afternoon jog.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I swear I would rather see Quintana straight up crack and finish outside the top 10 than this bullshit right now. At least everyone else is having a go. Feels like dude has no grit — that instinct to find your absolute outer limit, and potentially fail — which is why he can't seem to break through.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!
Today was a reminder of why I hate watching the Sky show. At least it's been rare this year. Maybe if the stage were shorter we would have seen some proper racing.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

That was a heck of a feint attack by Froome around the middle of the last climb. Not sure why he did it, but no one did anything afterwards which is probably what he wanted.

Status quo = easy win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
The route has been really poor.