Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Are those Rockstar and GTA collections "for Vita" just buying all the PSP games under one umbrella transaction, or are they actual single-download games that have access to all 3 games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

How's Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oh god and TLoU Remastered for $8, I paid more for a used PS3 copy and didn't play it yet damnit :(

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
If you feel like the Ratchet and Clank games are for you and haven't gotten them all yet there are a number of good offerings there. Worth noting that Into the Nexus also comes with Quest For Booty for free, unless they changed that in the last month.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

13/f/cali posted:

If you feel like the Ratchet and Clank games are for you and haven't gotten them all yet there are a number of good offerings there. Worth noting that Into the Nexus also comes with Quest For Booty for free, unless they changed that in the last month.

Deadlocked and All For One are the dumb and bad ones right? I can't keep track of this poo poo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Deadlocked is good

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I got excited thinking that the new PS4 Ratchet game might be on sale, but it's like the only one from the series that isn't. :argh:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i am thinking of buying garden warfare 2. i dont really know why. maybe because it looks cute and i havent been playing my wii u enough

i should just play splatoon instead

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Baal posted:

Deadlocked is good
which is the other dumb and bad one then poo poo

also I gotta go home and remember which ones I actually got the disks

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

CrashCat posted:

which is the other dumb and bad one then poo poo

also I gotta go home and remember which ones I actually got the disks

The PSP one is the other one nobody likes.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Full Frontal Assault is probably what you're thinking of. It isn't outright bad like A4O though, just different. It is real short when it comes to the single player though, and I have no idea about it's online. I'd say it's worth checking out for $3, especially when you also get Deadlocked with it for free.

That said, if you only want the core games, here's what you buy:

- Ratchet & Clank Collection
- R&C Future: Tools of Destruction
- R&C Future: A Crack in Time
- R&C Into the Nexus (Comes with Quest for Booty)

Just $15 gets you the whole core series. A drat good deal if you ask me. And Full Frontal Assault is the only side game you need to buy if you buy any of them since it comes with Deadlocked. Don't play All 4 One.

mycot posted:

The PSP one is the other one nobody likes.

Size Matters was alright for what it was. Secret Agent Clank was just bad though.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Those edgy subtitles always turned me off the game, shame I never gave it a chance. Good to hear it's easy to get them all

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How was the Vita port of the Ratchet and Clank games?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Rirse posted:

How was the Vita port of the Ratchet and Clank games?

Fine. Not perfect, but fine.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Ugh. I just bought last of us remastered a couple weeks ago and finished it this past weekend. Oh well. Still worth every penny of the $20 I paid for it.

HONKER24
Dec 15, 2000

cubicle_whore
Hair Elf

SpacePig posted:

Are those Rockstar and GTA collections "for Vita" just buying all the PSP games under one umbrella transaction, or are they actual single-download games that have access to all 3 games?

Being that it's marked as "Purchased" for me and I only previously purchased the games individually leads me to believe it's one umbrella transaction for 3 distinct downloads.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Volfogg posted:

Full Frontal Assault is probably what you're thinking of. It isn't outright bad like A4O though, just different. It is real short when it comes to the single player though, and I have no idea about it's online. I'd say it's worth checking out for $3, especially when you also get Deadlocked with it for free.

That said, if you only want the core games, here's what you buy:

- Ratchet & Clank Collection
- R&C Future: Tools of Destruction
- R&C Future: A Crack in Time
- R&C Into the Nexus (Comes with Quest for Booty)

Just $15 gets you the whole core series. A drat good deal if you ask me. And Full Frontal Assault is the only side game you need to buy if you buy any of them since it comes with Deadlocked. Don't play All 4 One.
Thanks for the advice. Turned out I got home and found out all I didn't have was Collection (because I had them on PS2) and the FFA/Deadlocked combo so I filled that out real cheap

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
just picked up that cactus game. if you like twin stick shooters buy this poo poo immediately, it owns

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
honestly, Quest For Booty is okay as a free add on with Into The Nexus, but I'd have been just as okay not playing it after I finished, and I can't imagine paying anything for it. it's just missing a lot of stuff that makes the series good.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is Bodycount just bad and racist or amusingly bad and racist? I see it on sale in the PAL zone.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

13/f/cali posted:

The store page says it does which is amusing since Into the Nexus costs $3 and Quest for Booty as a stand alone costs $4.50...

There's nothing like hitting the confirm purchase button and a minute later you get the message that the store is undergoing maintenance. I really don't get how Sony's online store can be so comically terrible...

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

SelenicMartian posted:

Is Bodycount just bad and racist or amusingly bad and racist? I see it on sale in the PAL zone.

I'm fairly sure Bodycount had/has a demo if it's still up there. It's incredibly bland and controls like poo poo though. I think the Turning Point devs made it.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Buy Alien Rage.

Awesome! posted:

i am thinking of buying garden warfare 2. i dont really know why. maybe because it looks cute and i havent been playing my wii u enough

i should just play splatoon instead

The Rebel FM (podcast) guys love it. It is supposed to be really good. I was eyeing it too, but really want Sniper Elite 3, even though I beat the main game as a rental years ago.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

morallyobjected posted:

honestly, Quest For Booty is okay as a free add on with Into The Nexus, but I'd have been just as okay not playing it after I finished, and I can't imagine paying anything for it. it's just missing a lot of stuff that makes the series good.

It's a shame since it's really well produced but it's missing all those things that made R&C games such fun to replay. Secrets, weapon upgrade ridiculousness, and a new game+ mode. I'm not sure if that stuff got cut or it was never in the plan but that game just feels so disappointing for how little more it needs to be really good.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

a fleshy snood posted:

just picked up that cactus game. if you like twin stick shooters buy this poo poo immediately, it owns

It's probably one of the smoothest twin stick shooters I've played. I really hope they make another.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WTF is that Neverwinter game and why does it have two separate DLC that are $75 and $50? I looked at the description of the $75 one and it sure doesn't look like it has $75 worth of content in it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

muscles like this? posted:

WTF is that Neverwinter game and why does it have two separate DLC that are $75 and $50? I looked at the description of the $75 one and it sure doesn't look like it has $75 worth of content in it.

It's a F2P MMO, only crazies buy that stuff

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

The difficulty settings on Furi are pretty crummy. I got stuck on that third boss so I figured I'd turn down the difficulty to see more of the game. I was hoping that turning it down to easy would let me take a few extra hits or cause the boss to take fewer hits to get through each phase.

Well, instead it limits the third boss to just the first phase. You fight through the shields and then the fight ends there. Really underwhelming experience. In addition, if you want to retry the third boss on normal you have to restart the entire game and play up to that point again. Beating it on easy overwrites the old save on normal.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Jolo posted:

The difficulty settings on Furi are pretty crummy. I got stuck on that third boss so I figured I'd turn down the difficulty to see more of the game. I was hoping that turning it down to easy would let me take a few extra hits or cause the boss to take fewer hits to get through each phase.

Well, instead it limits the third boss to just the first phase. You fight through the shields and then the fight ends there. Really underwhelming experience. In addition, if you want to retry the third boss on normal you have to restart the entire game and play up to that point again. Beating it on easy overwrites the old save on normal.

sounds like you need to get good

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jolo posted:

git gud

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i kind of like that though. i hate when turning up the difficulty only adds some hp to enemies and leaves everything else the same.

there should probably be some warning about lowering the difficulty being permanent on that save

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

i kind of like that though. i hate when turning up the difficulty only adds some hp to enemies and leaves everything else the same.

there should probably be some warning about lowering the difficulty being permanent on that save

It tells you you can't go back when you change it and asks you to confirm.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Chekans 3 16 posted:

It tells you you can't go back when you change it and asks you to confirm.

well then that dude needs to git gud at reading in addition to the game :smugdon:

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Yeah it says "warning the game is gonna be easier and you can't go back to normal" but I wanted to give a heads up that it removes all but the first phase of the fight (at least for boss 3). It removes a majority of the actual game. Will take the thread's advice and git gud or die tryin.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

nobody should have to learn to read, what is this fascist hobby

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What is sony's PLAY thing? LIke an indie initiative? They are revealing a new line up on tuesday supposedly.

Jolo posted:

Yeah it says "warning the game is gonna be easier and you can't go back to normal" but I wanted to give a heads up that it removes all but the first phase of the fight (at least for boss 3). It removes a majority of the actual game. Will take the thread's advice and git gud or die tryin.

The devs attitude is very anti noob. Im surprised they let their hardcore 25 dollar game go free to scrubs on ps+ but i guess the accountants saw that the game was gonna be doa without a lot of good will and buzz behind it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think a lot of indie games are starting to price themselves with the idea that most of their sales are going to come during sales at like 70% off so they are going to 20+ instead of 10 or 15.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Watrick posted:

It's probably one of the smoothest twin stick shooters I've played. I really hope they make another.

I bought Assault Android Cactus and while it is very smooth it's missing..."something"? I can't describe it but I'm in zone 3 and the game is well made but I'm not sure I'm having fun. I love twin stick shooters too but I can't help but thinking Geometry Wars 3, Nuclear Throne or even Helldivers is more entertaining.

Very minority opinion since goons rave over the game

It's enjoying at max firepower + accelerate power-up and wish that's the default speed rather than having to work for it.

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 16, 2016

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Real hurthling! posted:

What is sony's PLAY thing? LIke an indie initiative? They are revealing a new line up on tuesday supposedly.

It's s yearly thing Sony does to highlight one indie game a week for four weeks. You get escalating money back depending on how many you preorder. Every game except for maybe one or two has become a PS+ title a couple months later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i bought garden warfare 2. i will probably play it once and then never touch it again as is my way with shooting games but we will see

psn is super_aggro_crag if anyone wants to play with me sometime

• Locked thread