Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

So have you figured out how MoS and BvS are not colourful?

The same pictures you just posted

I have no Idea how you define colorful, but it's not the same way as everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The word's colorful, not colorsful. Checkmate.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

The movies are extremely colourful. People are again trying to see a flaw where there is none. In this case, it's objecting to is stylization. MoS and BvS are desaturated, but the colour palette is still luxurious.

What seems like a lack of palette is just a use of dominant colours or tones. Like blue tones:

Here are three random shots from BvS (Ultimate Edition). All actually have rich colours, even the two that are mostly darkness.

Ok, now post the ones that prove your point.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

BotL, in all seriousness, have you been checked for colorblindness?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I mean, it is stylization, you're not wrong about that. It's lovely stylization, though.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
e: too rowdy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Sep 11, 2016

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

What are you even dosing, every single one of those colors is muted and desaturated...

Go take a remedial art class and come back when you know what you're talking about.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Thank you for defining the word colourful so I can agree to disagree.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Dave posted:

Thank you for defining the word colourful so I can agree to disagree.

It doesn't even match his description.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ignite Memories posted:

What are you even dosing, every single one of those colors is muted and desaturated...

Go take a remedial art class and come back when you know what you're talking about.

Technically he's still right, because that doesn't make them not colors.

(He's effectively arguing that you're wrong because the movie isn't grayscale.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"This movie has colors, therefore I win" is perhaps the lamest argument.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

No, because people don't use the word 'colorful' to differentiate from things with literally no hue, they use it to refer to things with a high variance of hue and saturation. Trying to argue that something is colorful without using either of those two words makes it really obvious he doesn't understand color terminology and should probably stop talking.

Batman v Superman is about as colorful as Schindler's List.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Unmature
May 9, 2008
This is like saying Toy Story is basically Jurassic Park because there's a dinosaur in it.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

This site was started by a bunch of photoshop nerds, who the gently caress do you think you're fooling

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think he is intentionally posting the most desaturated shots to gently caress with us.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Everyone disagrees with me, therefore everyone else must be wrong, because there's no chance I'm an idiot with busted eyes.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Now slap a blue filter over those literally black and white images.

Colourful!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Muted, desaturated, not colourful:

There is nothing bright blue in this shot. There is not light and different hues to show all the details on the character's clothing. There are now light yellow objects. The characters do not stand out naturally.

Obviously they're colourful. The movie simply has dominant tones to unify scenes. Of course, what nobody has noticed yet is that the stylization makes these shots look very good.

A colourless shot that is nearly grayscale:

Do... you know what words mean?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I thought we had a talk about engaging BotL during his BvS sperging. You guys might as well be pushing a bowling ball through a keyhole.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

I thought we had a talk about engaging BotL during his BvS sperging. You guys might as well be pushing a bowling ball through a keyhole.

I'm just saying if BotL literally doesn't know what words mean it actually explains a lot.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Colorful means blue loving duh.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
e: too rowdt

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

You literally did not use the words saturation and hue correctly. You look so loving stupid right now.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That is literally what it means tho

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This is literally the stupidest argument.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BravestOfTheLamps knows what words mean, he's just trolling you. In his defense, you're all incredibly loving easy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MrAristocrates posted:

BravestOfTheLamps knows what words mean, he's just trolling you. In his defense, you're all incredibly loving easy.

Impossible, the rules say he can't do that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

MrAristocrates posted:

I am enjoying this so whatevs. He is so bad at it.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Oh my god why the gently caress are you engaging bravest of lamps.

Cuttlefish, when they burn their faces in underwater vents, learn not to stick their faces in underwater vents. WHen you burn your face against the vent of hot air that is a lamps post, you fuckers think 'yeah let's go for that again.' Don't be dumber than a cuttlefish.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

If indeed you get off on being insulted by strangers, might I recommend craigslist?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I thought we got over the "What if Man of Steel were IN COLOR?" meme like two years ago. It's a very vivid movie with meticulous usage of color.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MrAristocrates posted:

Seriously. You guys just keep on falling for it, come on.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

greatn posted:

I thought we got over the "What if Man of Steel were IN COLOR?" meme like two years ago. It's a very vivid movie with meticulous usage of color.

Yes, but they're trolling themselves.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Unrelated, I just want to point out that the only thing that upsets me right now about Fox's movie rights is that until they give them back we can't have Doom in the MCU. I find this thought distressing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Seriously. You guys just keep on falling for it, come on.

This kind of poo poo is tiring. Going "You're stupid and this is why you're stupid" isn't falling for trolling. Getting angry over it is but nobody here is angry over. You know what happens if you don't actually respond? People assume the guy trolling is being serious and start repeating him unironically. It's happened in multiple threads where people start repeating fake poo poo because a guy makes an effortpost troll over it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ImpAtom posted:

This kind of poo poo is tiring. Going "You're stupid and this is why you're stupid" isn't falling for trolling. Getting angry over it is but nobody here is angry over. You know what happens if you don't actually respond? People assume the guy trolling is being serious and start repeating him unironically. It's happened in multiple threads where people start repeating fake poo poo because a guy makes an effortpost troll over it.

So respond with "Nah lol" and move on

e: Also, who the gently caress cares? Does it really affect you if people start unironically saying that BvS had a good colour palette in other places?

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 16, 2016

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

At the same time, an idiotic post followed by eight posts calling it out for being idiotic repeating over and over is really obnoxious to read, which is part of the goal for him. He's posting garbage like that because it's obvious bullshit with no inherent discussion value, but we keep talking about it anyway. I didn't say you were falling for it, I said you were easy, because whether or not you believe it, everyone responding like that just lets the discussion be controlled by him. I'm not even trying to call anyone out here. The solution isn't ignoring it, it's responding without actually engaging:

Retro Futurist posted:

Don't let him control the entire conversation.

This is probably going to be the last post I make on the subject for now because otherwise I'd be a massive hypocrite, but just report that poo poo. It's not a matter of what opinion he holds, he just tries to start these lame-rear end arguments constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Retro Futurist posted:

e: Also, who the gently caress cares? Does it really affect you if people start unironically saying that BvS had a good colour palette in other places?

Who the gently caress cares? Does it really affect you if people post on the Internet?

• Locked thread