Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Pick the winner, number of games, and score of the last game
Jersey City Jobbers @ Genoa Janus in 6 9-4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Someone please pick the Jobbers, I can't handle this level of confidence in my team.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

IMAGE ARTIFACTS ARE MY TRIGGER

CraigK fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jul 16, 2016

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

CraigK posted:

IMAGE ARTIFACTS ARE MY TRIGGER

Didn't bother to edit out the @dril and replace with me, smdh

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Pick 'em: That Famous Event We All Know And Even Watch For Some Reason
This Sunday Probably At Like 4:00 Eastern!

Genoa Janus 5 games, 5-1

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

That joke would work better if we actually spent money on the SL.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

FairGame posted:

Didn't bother to edit out the @dril and replace with me, smdh

gently caress HOLD ON

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
~ Kozmic Space Fish Guest Obituary, By Yaya ~

Pander posted:

That joke would work better if we actually spent money on the SL.

i'm quite sure mcfreeze doesn't pay for sl-ref with hugs and lollipops :|

CraigK fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 16, 2016

Clangbang
Jun 3, 2016
Pick E'm

Jobbers in 7, 5-1

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Jersey City Jobbers in 6, 3-2

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League XIX, Dynamo League Championship Series: Mitchell Kernels vs. Sindhi Sheikhs

Sing, muses, sing of the Kernels, team of CFBalla, that brought countless ills upon the Dynamo League. Many a brave team did they send hurrying down to the Sub-Par League, and many a owner did it yield a prey to despair and destruction, for so was the defensive prowess of the Masked Shortstop that turned hits to outs and hopes to naught.

Sing, muses, sing of the former two-time Tag Team Champions, sing of four-time reigning Memento Mori Division Champions, sing of the reigning Dynamo League Champions, sing of the reigning and defending Super-League Champions of this world.

Sing, muses, sing now of the Sheikhs, team of Beet, who came down furious from the summits of Sindh, with MACHINE and power bats, and rattled dingers off their foes with the rage that trembled with them. For CFBalla had dishonored them in the past, in that they used the Envelope upon them, therefore, the MACHINE sat ready to send evils upon the Kernels.

Sing, muses, sing of the three-time reigning and defending Tag Team Champions, sing of the reigning Sic Transit Vir Division champions, sing of the defending Canadian, European, Hardcore, Intercontinental, Larkin-Downing, Television, and United States Champions.

Sing, muses of the final battle between mask and machine, wherein endless war gave way to inescapable fate. Sing of the end.

The Epic Cycle posted:

Thus the Kernels in Mitchell, scared like fawns, wiped the sweat from off them, and drank to quench their thirst, leaning against the goodly bleachers, while the Sheikhs, with their bats laid upon their shoulders drew close to the stadium. But stern fate bade the Masked Shortstop stay where he was before the Kernels' gate.

The MACHINE was greatly angered and said, "Terminal Unit the Masked Shortstop, tool of Cheater Unit CFBalla, you have baulked Failure Unit Beet, and used the envelope, and caused other damages in addition. MACHINE will have its revenge if it is in its power to do so."

On this, with fell intent it made towards the Masked Shortstop, and as the winning horse in a chariot race strains every nerve when he is flying over the plain, even so fast and furiously did the many limbs of the MACHINE bear it onwards. CFBalla was the first to not it as it scoured the plain, all radiant as the star which men call Orion's Hound, and whose beams blaze forth in time of harvest more brilliant than those of any other that shines by night. Brightest of them all though it be, it bodes ill for mortals, for it brings fire and fever in its train, so did MACHINE's metal skin gleam as it sped onwards. CFBalla raised a cry and beat his head with his hands as he lifted them up and shouted out to his dear shortstop, imploring him to take caution. But the Masked Shortstop still stood outside the gate, for his heart was set upon doing battle with the MACHINE. The Kernels' owner reached out his arms towards him and bade him for pity's sake to retreat. "The Masked Shortstop," he cried, "my shortstop, stay not to face this MACHINE, or you will meet death at the hands of Smasher's creation, for it is mightier than you. MACHINE that it is, would indeed that Smasher loved him no better than I do, for so, Marmosets and RCMP would soon devour the Sheikhs as it lay broken in the league, and a load of grief would be lifted from my heart, for many a good season has it reft from me, through playoff eliminations. Even now, I think of Super-League XV. Should I have won that season, this tragedy would not play out now, for I would never have used the envelope to start with. Have pity on your unhappy owner while life yet remains on him, on me, whom Smasher will destroy by a terrible doom on the threshold of this season, after I have seen my team defeated, and dreams dashed to earth. In the end, the fierce Macho Men will tear me in pieces at my own stadium after they have beaten the life out of the Kernels with bats and pitching."

CFBalla tore his hair as he spoke, but he moved not the heart of the Masked Shortstop. Thus did he with many tears implore the fates to change, but they changed not, and the Masked Shortstop stood his ground awaiting the MACHINE as it drew nearer towards him. As serpent in its den upon the mountains, full fed with deadly poisons, waits for the approach of man, he is filled with fury and his eyes glare terribly as he goes writhing round his den, so too did the eyes of the Masked Shortstop burn behind his mask as he stood where he was, undaunted.

"Alas." said he to himself in the heaviness of his heart, "if I go within the stadium, Rogers Hornsby will be the first to reproach me, for it was he that urged me to retreat from the MACHINE in the previous series. I would not listen, but it would have been indeed better if I had done so. Now that my folly has led us to this point, I dare not look the Kernels players in the face, lest a worse man should say, 'The Masked Shortstop has ruined us by his self-confidence.' Surely it would be better for me to return after having fought the MACHINE and destroyed it, or to die gloriously here in Mitchell. What, again, if I were to lay down my bat and glove, take off this mask, and go straight up to the MACHINE? What if I were to promise to give up the Dynamo League, which was the fountainhead of all this war? I might make the Kernels, by CFBalla's will, take a solemn oath that they would agree to such a thing. But why argue with myself in this way? Were I go up to the MACHINE, he would show me no kind of mercy. It would kill me then and there as easily as though I were a Bruzer. There is no parleying with it from some rock or oak tree as others may prattle with one another. Better to fight it at once, and learn to which of us Smasher will vouchsafe victory."

Thus did he stand and ponder, but the MACHINE came up to to him as it were the Eschaton itself, the final end. From its right shoulder, it brandished the terrible bat of Pelian ash, and the alloys of its skin gleamed around it like flashing fire or the rays of a burning sun. Fear fell upon the Masked Shortstop as he beheld the MACHINE, and he dared not stay longer where he was, but fled in dismay through the streets of Mitchell, while the MACHINE chased after him at its utmost speed. As a Billy Hamilton, swiftest of all runners, swoops down upon some unguarded base, the second baseman tries to make the tag, but Hamilton, with a quick slide, zooms under, even so did the MACHINE make straight for the Masked Shortstop with all its might, while the Masked Shortstop fled through Mitchell as fast as his legs could take him. As horses in a race speed round the turning-posts when they are running for some great prize, mint juleps, or perhaps some flowers, at the Kentucky Derby, so did these two run full speed three times round the town of Mitchell. Smasher watched them, and the sire of the Super-League spoke.

"Alas." Said he, "my eyes behold a creation that is dear to me being pursued round the town of Mitchell. My heart is full of pity for the Masked Shortstop, who has done many great things in my name, and now I see the noble MACHINE in full pursuit of him round the stadium of CFBalla. What shall I do. I must consider whether I shall save him or let him fall, valiant though he be, before the MACHINE."

Smasher considered and said, "Would I pluck this shortstop, whose doom has been decreed for months from the jaws of death? I could, but the owners would not be of a mind with me. No, a fate decreed may be deferred, but never denied." Thus did he dart down to Mitchell.

The MACHINE was still in full pursuit of the Masked Shortstop, as a hound chasing a fawn which he has started from its covert on the mountains, and hunts through glade and thicket. The fawn may try and elude him by crouching under cover of a bush, but he will scent her out and follow her up until he gets her, even so there was no escape for the Masked Shortstop from the fleet MACHINE. As a man in a dream who fails to lay hands upon another he is pursuing, the one cannot escape, nor the other overtake, even so neither could the MACHINE come up with the Masked Shortstop, nor the Masked Shortstop break away from the MACHINE, nevertheless he might even yet have escaped death had not the time come at last. A they were nearing the fountains for the fourth time, the father of the league balanced his golden scales and placed a doom in each of them, one for the MACHINE, and the other for the Masked Shortstop. As he held the scales by the middle, the doom of the Masked Shortstop fell down deep into the abyss. Thereon he went close up to the MACHINE and said, "MACHINE, favored of mine, we two shall surely take back to Sindh a triumph for the Sheikhs by slaying the Masked Shortstop. He cannot escape us longer. Stay here and recharge your reactor, while I go up to him and persuade him to make a stand and fight you."

Thus spoke Smasher, MACHINE obeyed him gladly and stood still, its claws planted into the ground, while Smasher left him and went after the Masked Shortstop in the form and with the voice of HulkaMatt. He came close up to him and said, "Brother Masked Shortstop, I knew you'd come. Let us end make the MACHINE's armageddon on this battlefield set for massacre, and let us determine who is the sole proprietor of this rivalry, for now, it shall be the MACHINE's final deletion!"

And the Masked Shortstop answered, "HulkaMatt, you have always been dearest to me of all my tag team partners, but henceforth I shall rate you yet more highly, inasmuch as you have ventured here for my sake when all others have not."

Then Smasher in the guise of HulkaMatt said, "Brother Masked Shortstop, the others went down on their knees and implored me to remain inside, as though to hide behind a dilapidated boat before a great storm of fireworks. Let us two make a stand and fight, and let there be no keeping our spears in reserve, that we may learn whether the MACHINE shall delete us, or whether he shall suffer THE COMPLETION OF THE FINAL DELETION!"

Thus did Smasher inveigle him by his cunning, and when the two were now close to one another, the Masked Shortstop was first to speak, "I will no longer fly you, MACHINE," said he, "as I have been doing hitherto. Three times have I fled round the mighty town of Mitchell, without daring to withstand you, but now, let me either slay or be slain, for I am in the mind to face you. Let us, then, give pledges to one another by Smasher, who is the fittest witness and guardian of all covenants in this league, let it be agreed between us that if Smasher vouchsafes me the longer stay, and I take you life, I am not to give up your body to the Macho Men, but when I have beaten you, I am to give you back to Beet, and you do likewise, with my body to CFBalla."

The MACHINE glared at him and answered, "Terminal Unit Masked Shortstop, request for convenant denied. MACHINE notes convenants are impossible between lions and men, covenants are impossible between wolves and lambs, because of inability to reach common understanding. MACHINE is similarly incapable of reaching such an understanding with Terminal Unit Masked Shortstop, MACHINE denies request for convenant. MACHINE demands the Masked Shortstop now prepare itself for conflict, MACHINE notes chance of Terminal Unit Masked Shortstop survival is statistically insignificant, and Terminal Unit Masked Shortstop will now suffer destruction due to Terminal Unit Masked Shortstop's past hostile actions against MACHINE and Failure Unit Beet."

MACHINE raised its bat as it spoke, and slashed downward. The Masked Shortstop saw it coming and avoided it, he watched it and crouched down so that it slashed away from him and struck the ground, for the MACHINE loved power more than contact. The Masked Shortstop then said to the MACHINE, "You have missed your aim, MACHINE, and Smasher has not yet revealed to you the hour of my doom, though you made sure that he had done so. You were a falst-tounged liar when you deemed that I should forget my valor and quail before you. You shall not drive bat into the back of a runaway, drive it, should heaven so grant you power, drive it into me as I make straight towards you, and now for you own part, avoid my bat if you can, would that you might receive the whole of it into your body. If you were destroyed, the Kernels would find the war against Beet's teams an easier matter, for it is you who have harmed us most."

He poised his bat as he spoke and swiped. His aim was true, he loved contact most of all, for it hit the MACHINE's head, but the bat shattered on impact, for metal is stronger than wood. The Masked Shortstop was angry when he saw his bat had broken into a thousand pieces, and stood there in dismay, for he had no second bat. With a loud cry, he called HulkaMatt and asked him for one, but there was no Matt. Then he saw the truth and said to himself, "Alas! Smasher has lured me on to my destruction. I deemed that the mod HulkaMatt was by my side, but he is playing Pokemon Go, I should think, and Smasher has inveigled me. Death is now indeed exceedingly near at hand, and there is no way out of it, for so Smasher has willed it, though heretofore he has been ever ready to protect me. My doom has come upon me. Let me not then die ingloriously and without a struggle, but let me first do some final great thing that shall be told among men hereafter."

As he spoke, he drew his fielding glove that hung so great at his side, and gathering himself together, sprang upon the MACHINE like a soaring eagle which swoops down from the clouds on to some lamb or timid hare, even so did the Masked Shortstop brandish his glove and spring upon the MACHINE. MACHINE, cold as steel, darted towards him, with its reinforced skin and many deadly limbs. So, too gleamed its bat, which it held in its left hand, fraught with the death of the Masked Shortstop. It eyed the Masked Shortstop over and over to see where it could best wound it, and spied that naught lay between his enemy's mask, from which he took his name, and the head of the man, no helm of any sort protected him, and this is a most deadly place. Here then did the MACHINE strike hard as the Masked Shortstop was coming on towards him, and its own bat shattered into as many pieces as stars reside in the heaven at the blow. The crack like the bolts of lightning that burn the sky and clap as thunder. The Masked Shortstop fell headlong, and the MACHINE vaunted over him saying, "Terminal Unit Masked Shortstop, you and CFBalla deemed that there was zero chance of retribution for use of the Envelope, assuming the MACHINE and Sheikhs could not succeed in attempt at retribution. Terminals Unit Masked Shortstop's calculations were incorrect. Consequence? Death."

Then the Masked Shortstop said, as the life ebbed out of him. "I pray you, let not the Macho Men take me, but accept whatever treasure CFBalla, or perhaps HulkaMatt, will offer you, and send me not to the realm of the Macho Men, where I will toil forever in the service of destruction."

The MACHINE glared at him and answered, "Terminal Unit Masked Shortstop, pleas for mercy denied. If MACHINE could eliminate all presence of Terminal Unit Masked Shortstop from history, MACHINE would. MACHINE cannot. MACHINE will, therefore, send you to the Macho Men. Though CFBalla should offer me all of his players, even so, MACHINE will deliver you to Smasher."

The Masked Shortstop, with his dying breath, then said, "I know you what you are, and was sure that I should not move you, for your heart is iron. Look to it that I bring not Smasher's anger upon you on the day when the Macho Men, valiant though you be, slay you in Sindh."

When he had thus said the shrouds of death enfolded him, whereon his soul went out of him, and flew to the celestial abode of the Macho Men, lamenting its sade fate that it should enjoy the Super-League no longer. But the MACHINE said, speaking to the dead body, "Reclassification. Terminal Unit Masked Shortstop is now Deceased Unit Masked Shortstop. MACHINE accepts its own fate when Smasher implements it."

MACHINE now stood among the Sheikhs and said, "Teammate Units, now that Smasher has been satisfied with the soul of the Masked Shortstop, who has done Pirates/Sheikhs dynasty more hurt than all others together, the Kernels must now surely perish as well."

And so did the host of Beet smash themselves against CFBalla's last redoubt, and having vanquished its greatest defender, no force could deny them their last advance. The Kernels, in mourning for their lost shortstop, fought to their last, but as their doom had writ long ago, so did their souls fall down into the abyss, until, at the limits, they took up one last stand at their final resort. At that time, Raines came from the ranks of the Sheikhs, and with one mighty swing of his bat, launched a ball with such force, as a star that falls from the heavens and smashes into earth, obliterating that which lies with its pass, and leaving nothing but a burning crater from which nothing living remains, and that ball shattered the last of the Kernels, like a burnt Dorito, and they were gone from this Earth.

Team Status Report

Sindhi Sheikhs

Injuries
-None-

Pitcher Rest
Phil Douglas (OK!)
Jack Chesbro (1 Day Out)
Jack Chesbro (2 Days Out)
Slim Sallee (OK!)

South Bolton Eazy W's

Injuries
Rob Dibble (RP) (5 Days/Out until Game 5)
Scott Rolen (3B) (215 Days/Out for Finals)
Jack McDowell (SP) (43 Days/Out for Finals)
Duke Snider (OF) (71 Days/Out for Finals

Pitcher Rest
Cy Young (OK!)
Pete Alexander (OK!)
Wanderlei Bolton (OK!)
Steve Carlton (OK!)

Pick 'em: FINALS!
Pick the Winner, Number of Games (best of seven), and Score of Final Game
The W's have home field advantage
Sindhi Sheikhs vs. South Bolton Eazy W's

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
See you around, Balla.

edit: Both the Burnt Doritos and Kernels died via bullpen blowing the 9th inning so if you're a new owner, don't let anybody ever tell you bullpens aren't important.

Yaya fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 16, 2016

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

That's Dr. Balla, to you. Years of education and unethical medical experiments, he will return to the league with a revived Masked Shortstop. Then it will be dark times.

Darker than now, since these are already pretty dark times. Super dark times ahead!

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Pick the Winner, Number of Games (best of seven), and Score of Final Game
The W's have home field advantage
Sindhi Sheikhs vs. South Bolton Eazy W's in 6, 4-2

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Pick 'em!

W's in 7, 9-1.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Pick'em

Sheikhs in 6. Final Score 5-2

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I will miss Balla, he is a good friend and one of the nicest people I've met On Line. The Mitchell Kernels however, and the Nine's lifetime 15-58 record against them, I think I will live without

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Monicro posted:

I will miss Balla, he is a good friend and one of the nicest people I've met On Line.

Same. Have fun becoming a doctor and don't forget to stop in and say hi now and again, friend.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Balla officiated my first EC, with the team that remains my favorite, so that was pretty cool. Good luck with med school, man.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Balla I hope you fail out of med school real quick so you can return to doing something meaningful with your life.

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:

Yaya posted:

See you around, Balla.

edit: Both the Burnt Doritos and Kernels died via bullpen blowing the 9th inning so if you're a new owner, don't let anybody ever tell you bullpens aren't important.

I would agree with this, but for the fact that the Burnt Doritos bullpen was good (both in tag and in theory), and the Kernels bullpen was effective the entire season.

Oh well. Congrats Beet, and good luck in the next round. It was fun competing against you for the past several seasons. Thanks y'all, for making this so fun. And thank you Smasher, for running this league and gifting us with your incredible writing. I'll see you on the other side.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

CFBalla posted:

I would agree with this, but for the fact that the Burnt Doritos bullpen was good (both in tag and in theory), and the Kernels bullpen was effective the entire season.

Clearly, the real lesson to be learned is "don't actually bother building a great bullpen, it will only make the betrayal more painful".

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

As for me, I will say the famous joke, "The Balla is inert." Thank you.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Bellhorn to 3B (of course) Good luck to both teams, may the best team win!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Go W's!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Way to kill TMS, hulkamatt. Or should I say SMASHER. Don't know how we'll ever know if it's the real you anymore.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Rooting hard for Beet so that the Machine can disappear in the same season as the Masked SS.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Pander posted:

Way to kill TMS, hulkamatt. Or should I say SMASHER.

that would be a hell of a swerve

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Don't forget about the most important live stream on the whole internet tomorrow. Probably about 15 hours from this post or so.

At this! https://www.twitch.tv/coolmcfreeze

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Mornacale posted:

Rooting hard for Beet so that the Machine can disappear in the same season as the Masked SS.

I want to give every member of your new division a created player that is totally unfair just because I can.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Mornacale posted:

Beet saved the Machine once. He'll save him again.

Smasher would probably be better served taking Buck Leonard. He doesn't need two ridiculous SSs

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
The Macho Men could claim a player but wouldn't they still stick around since Beet is tag champ?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Yaya posted:

The Macho Men could claim a player but wouldn't they still stick around since Beet is tag champ?

It'd be the same as what happened to the kernals. They live until they lose the tag team championship. Ditto for losing a player.

Forgot they won.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I want to give every member of your new division a created player that is totally unfair just because I can.

If you put him in my division, I want Octane McBane from Ken Griffey Jr Baseball.

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

Pander posted:

Beet saved the Machine once. He'll save him again.

Smasher would probably be better served taking Buck Leonard. He doesn't need two ridiculous SSs

The MACHINE is also a capable 2B. Buck Leonard is one of the longest-tenured players in the league, playing in 14 of the last 16 seasons of the Super League, including ten straight seasons as a member of the Pirates/Sheikhs. That's a piece of history that the league would be poorer without.

In any case, I'm not sure what more I can say that hasn't already been said. These playoffs have had some of the most varied and interesting write-ups in the history of the league. From all the delightfully off-beat stuff that encompassed the series I didn't have a personal stake in, to the epic adaptations that culminated in The Masked Shortstop vs. The MACHINE outside the walls of TroyMitchell; it's been a grand adventure. I honestly didn't think we'd win that series, but I guess fate was with me this time.

Furthermore, It's also given a true sense of finality to my rivalry with CFBalla, after inadvertently creating that monster so many seasons ago when I traded him the Piracy Note for Mike Piazza of all things. That first incarnation of the Kernels lost 100 games, and I figured that Balla was yet another in a long line of dead-end owners who would never learn how to navigate the waters of the Super League and at best produce a long line of one-and-done teams like so many others. It turns out that what I had done, instead, was given the most promising new owner in the Super League a tool to become the biggest obstacle to my dominance of the Dynamo League for the next several seasons. I will miss you, CFBalla, you came out of nowhere to reshape the league with your savvy for five seasons.

Now, to matters of the present. The series with the Ws looms large. For a third time, I face the Ws in the finals. I'm pretty sure that's a record for two owners facing each other in the finals. So that's cool. And once again, the Ws have home field advantage for no reason other than the sheer vagaries of fate. At least this time, our teams are more evenly matched in terms of talent and record. Will this finally be the time I best the Ws and claim my reward from Smasher's esteemed Macho Men on schedule? I suppose we'll find out on Monday. I will make a lineup post in a couple of hours, before the sun breaks upon the shining waters of Lake Michigan.

Beet fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jul 17, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Yeah, and it would make him totally mad to give one to the Mexicutioners too I bet!

Clangbang
Jun 3, 2016

South Bolton Eazy W's in 5, 7-3

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Just put him in the SG and guarantee that a Mon gets demoted!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Genoa Janus 6 games, 8-5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

We will be starting in a little while. Here is the link again! Also, give me some money. http://twitch.tv/coolmcfreeze