Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

My favorite part of Fairy Tail is the "Tied and tortured" game. Binds? Check. Sticky, clothes dissolving goo? Check. Torture? ... wait, there was torture, but it lasted a very short while. Maybe Mashima is getting tired of it. :ohdear:

ahahahahahaha, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
New chapter in, more bondage, cloth dissolving goo and new, long forgotten blood relatives appearing out of nowhere!

Pretty much the same as always, really.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
the boob to dragon ratio in this comic is going downhill fast

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

PFlats posted:

the boob to dragon ratio in this comic is going downhill fast

Dragons are dead but boobs are forever.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
I think this might be the fastest Mashima's gone back on killing someone.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Kuroyama posted:

I think this might be the fastest Mashima's gone back on killing someone.
Eh, Brandish being present basically means no one is dying since her powers are ridiculous.

Who is the sister of who in this? And who is the prisoner? Man I don't remember any of these people.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Sorano, the girl who randomly showed up at the end of last chapter, was formerly Angel of Oracion Seis, the guild with Cobra and Racer and all those weirdos. She was a summoner who fought Lucy. At some point she and the others were busted out of magic jail by Jellal and joined his guild I guess? The younger sister is Yukino, from Sabertooth. She was the one in the Grand Magic Games they kicked out of the guild for losing and then it was revealed she was a double agent working for the kingdom that arc took place in. She joined back up after Sting took over. I remember most of this only because I watched the first run of the anime, which ended about 2/3 through the Grand Magic Games, so I guess that made it stick in my memory better. Also I liked the Oracion Seis arc quite a bit so that helps I guess.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There is a 100% chance things are going to get real weird when Erza meets her mom.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

My favorite part of Fairy Tail is the "Tied and tortured" game. Binds? Check. Sticky, clothes dissolving goo? Check. Torture? ... wait, there was torture, but it lasted a very short while. Maybe Mashima is getting tired of it. :ohdear:

ahahahahahaha, no.

At least the person doing the torturing seemed driven by genuine spite instead of kinkiness for once, even though it was still clearly meant to be sexually appealing to readers.

I'm sure not I understand Eileen's motivations very well. The sword girls seemed terrified of her, but apparently she sees them as some kind of substitute for Erza and gets really upset when they get hurt? For that matter, why did she even pick a fight with Acnologia? Acnologia's goal at the time was killing the Dragon Slayers, and he'd already killed the only one on Alvarez's side; she could have just let him kill Natsu and Cobra for her. Normally I'd just dismiss all this as Mashima's bad writing, but the direction he went with Zeref shows that he can make sense of seemingly incoherent characterization when he puts in the effort.

Speaking of Zeref, I'm not sure how Rahkeid is related to him and Natsu. It seems impossible for Zeref to have a biological son, an adoptive son would probably be out of character for him, and any other close relatives should be long dead by now. I guess he could just be a distant relative, but that seems like too pointless a fakeout even for Mashima.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

TriffTshngo posted:

Sorano, the girl who randomly showed up at the end of last chapter, was formerly Angel of Oracion Seis, the guild with Cobra and Racer and all those weirdos. She was a summoner who fought Lucy. At some point she and the others were busted out of magic jail by Jellal and joined his guild I guess? The younger sister is Yukino, from Sabertooth. She was the one in the Grand Magic Games they kicked out of the guild for losing and then it was revealed she was a double agent working for the kingdom that arc took place in. She joined back up after Sting took over. I remember most of this only because I watched the first run of the anime, which ended about 2/3 through the Grand Magic Games, so I guess that made it stick in my memory better. Also I liked the Oracion Seis arc quite a bit so that helps I guess.
Thank gently caress you remember because I was wtfing the last 5 pages. Brandish has a sister?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Spiderdrake posted:

Eh, Brandish being present basically means no one is dying since her powers are ridiculous.

At least the previous times someone would seem to be dead for at least one chapter before the bs that means they live comes into play.

kwokkie
Jan 19, 2011

Being a dumbass is the best form of defence.

chumbler posted:

There is a 100% chance things are going to get real weird when Erza meets her mom.

Maybe Erza is a sword with personality.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Suspicious Lump posted:

Thank gently caress you remember because I was wtfing the last 5 pages. Brandish has a sister?

No she doesn't.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Kuroyama posted:

At least the previous times someone would seem to be dead for at least one chapter before the bs that means they live comes into play.
Yeah but if you look close at the panel where she is examining her wound you will get what he was going for

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah but if you look close at the panel where she is examining her wound you will get what he was going for

I'm still not sure if the wound location means August was just bluffing Eileen, if he just doesn't actually know where the heart is, if he believes it would be a shame to mess up some rockin' titties, or if hearts are in a different place in the Fairy Tail universe due to unique booby physics.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Gyges posted:

I'm still not sure if the wound location means August was just bluffing Eileen, if he just doesn't actually know where the heart is, if he believes it would be a shame to mess up some rockin' titties, or if hearts are in a different place in the Fairy Tail universe due to unique booby physics.

Probably just the second, with a bit of the third if the he in question is Mashima.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I still wonder how shrinking a stab/laser wound would work.
I mean I can potentially get shrinking Natsu's magic tumor. But a stab wound seems to be a whole different thing.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Mulderman posted:

I mean I can potentially get shrinking Natsu's magic tumor. But a stab wound seems to be a whole different thing.

It would make a little more sense if Brandish was growing the area around the damage to sorta close the wound until it could get proper treatment.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Gyges posted:

or his aim sucks

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Mulderman posted:

It's magic, you wanna shrink something, you shrink it. Making the wound smaller makes the wound smaller which means it technically did less damage.

August's aim was kinda off. It was more like he grazed her heart rather than dead-center pierced/shot through it.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Gyges posted:

the wound location means Mashima likes to draw enormous underboobs

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Mulderman posted:

It would work if the nature of the power wasn't strictly making something physically bigger or smaller (Which is already violating physics but it's magic w/e), but a more flexible, reality altering abstract power. For instance, if you somehow could make a wimp's muscles "bigger," simply increasing the size of their weak muscles alone would not actually make them stronger. Unless it works in an abstract manner, independent of the increase/decrease of mass, with an emphasis on the results rather than the minutiae of the process. Of course altering reality is a fair bit more powerful than just "controlling size." But Brandish IS supposed to be this super-powerful mage that's in a whole different class. If Eileen can change the landscape with similar powers, then Brandish making herself gigantic without breaking her bones and/or suffocating isn't so far out.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Somehow making Happy bigger made his flight magic capable of holding heavier loads so it's clearly not giving a gently caress about physics.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

EvilTaytoMan posted:

No she doesn't.
Brandish has a sister = what I was thinking because Sorano looked like brandish. I was confused.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
So Lisana, Mira and Elfman are siblings right? So there's another sibling, that Lisana presumably only knows about?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Harry posted:

So Lisana, Mira and Elfman are siblings right? So there's another sibling, that Lisana presumably only knows about?

I can't tell if this is meant to be a joke or not.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Silver2195 posted:

I can't tell if this is meant to be a joke or not.

Okay I read it again. As you can obviously tell, I don't recognize like 3/4th of the characters in FT.

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
Could the new Dragneel be their father? Maybe Zeref brought him back to life too?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Harry posted:

What gave you the impression there was a 4th sibling?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
New chapter out.

Do you know all those fights we have seen until now? They were for nothing. And the most shocking thing of all? Not a single boob in this chapter

What are you doing, Mashima?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Angry Lobster posted:

Do you know all those fights we have seen until now? They were for nothing.

Ehh. Not very surpris--

Angry Lobster posted:

And the most shocking thing of all? Not a single boob in this chapter

Woah. What the gently caress Mashima?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Angry Lobster posted:

New chapter out.

Do you know all those fights we have seen until now? They were for nothing. And the most shocking thing of all? Not a single boob in this chapter

What are you doing, Mashima?

After all the times the heroes have woken back up after being knocked out, it's only fair that the villains get to do it too.

I do wonder how Fairy Tail and friends are supposed to win at this point, though.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Angry Lobster posted:

Do you know all those fights we have seen until now? They were for nothing.

Yeah but this is way cooler so I'm fine with it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Silver2195 posted:

After all the times the heroes have woken back up after being knocked out, it's only fair that the villains get to do it too.

I do wonder how Fairy Tail and friends are supposed to win at this point, though.

They took a nap, and now the A Team are ready to go save their friend with the honor of the guild on the line. Plus instead of being split up they're all together so they can maximum friendship combo. Also when Gajeel and Levey get there, Fairy Tail's got the power of love.

Zeref done hosed up.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 16, 2016

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Silver2195 posted:

They're gonna win by convincing zereff to stop being a piece of poo poo

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Monster Hunter Generations for the 3DS was released yesterday. The first round of free DLC includes a mission where you can unlock a Happy from Fairy Tail outfit/weapon for your Palico (Palico's are little humanoid cats who are essentially your sidekicks during battle; healing you and fighting the enemy). In this game you can also play as the Palico.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Silver2195 posted:

Friendship.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Well I mean Brandish has already halfway defected, August and Dimaria could potentially follow her or at least stop fighting as a result of her defection, another three are already dead, and they're making a point of showing the rest of them being scared of Eileen who will no doubt be converted by Erza or go a The Boss route.

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
Erza, Laxus, and Gajeel are the only ones who can actually be counted on to not Team Rocket every one of their enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm looking forward to whatever bullshit happens that allows Fairy tail to win.

• Locked thread