Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Real Name Grover posted:

So Clarence Goodson (who had announced he was having season-ending surgery earlier today) let his Twitter get hacked. I think.

Looks like someone forgot to login to their alt

Is it just me or does season-ending surgery for Goodson also probably mean career ending? I think I read a rumor that both he and Bernardez are retiring at the end of the season. That would leave such a gaping hole in the SJ team,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Probably. Was surprised to learn he played 28 games last season, to be honest.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Timbers announced they've signed a Lithuanian left back from a relegated Eredevise side with a ridiculous amount of letters in his name, Vytautas Andriuškevičius. Fortunately, he just wants to be referred to as "Vytas".

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

highme posted:

Timbers announced they've signed a Lithuanian left back from a relegated Eredevise side with a ridiculous amount of letters in his name, Vytautas Andriuškevičius. Fortunately, he just wants to be referred to as "Vytas".
If you think that's a ridiculously-long name then it's a good thing there aren't any really good Thai players. I once worked with a Thai woman whose first name was thirteen letters long, and it was shorter than her last name.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Atlanta United gets its kit sponsor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbgUqqixnxU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I really liked this goal and also loled when Waston lifted the guy up like a toddler

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/753428902014431236

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Simone Poodoin posted:

I really liked this goal and also loled when Waston lifted the guy up like a toddler

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/753428902014431236

drat that dude is tiny

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Some rather credible looking reports out there that Nicolas Lodairo is bound for Seattle in the next couple weeks now that Boca Juniors have been eliminated from the Copa Liberadores.

http://www.sounderatheart.com/2016/7/15/12199600/nicolas-lodeiro-reportedly-joining-sounders-next-week

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Where there ever any rumors on who the big singing the red bulls might be in on when they got that new allocation money for Lloyd Sam?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jovial Cow posted:

Where there ever any rumors on who the big singing the red bulls might be in on when they got that new allocation money for Lloyd Sam?

Probably a rousing chorus of "I believe that we will win"

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

The fact that their kit sponsor isn't Coca Cola means they missed out on an opportunity for an all time great kit. MLS ruins everything.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Simone Poodoin posted:

As our resident Tico why do so many Costa Rican's have super english sounding names? Like Joel Campbell, Patrick Pemberton etc.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

The East coast of Costa Rica has a very high Afro-Caribbean population, mainly in the Limon province, descendants of slaves brought over from Jamaica during the colonial period.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Simone Poodoin posted:

The East coast of Costa Rica has a very high Afro-Caribbean population, mainly in the Limon province, descendants of slaves brought over from Jamaica during the colonial period.

I had wondered about this too. Thanks tico friend.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

A Chicago man died after falling off a railing from the upper level of Toyota Park at a concert last night. :(

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
the lengths some people go to catch a pokemon smh

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC's current status in MLS is tutorial end boss. Can't beat us? Read the manual. Try again.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

If DC United was in an "As seen on TV" commercial, they would be the team they show during the black and white portion.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Welp San Jose just scored a goal on Toronto while down to 9 men, so maybe not

Maybe we're all in black and white

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

gently caress Fancy I forgot to mail you that kit I'll get on it Monday. A great sunburn and day for the Quakes :)

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Eelface posted:

gently caress Fancy

As if there's any other acceptable way

It's no sweat, the world has been upside down here, MLS is my lone respite from nonstop Union work and politics and EVERYONE KILLING ONE ANOTHER so thank you Quakes for the best thing ever

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
TFC are straight up garbage. Doesn't help that Greg Vanney doesn't seem to have a clue as to what he's doing.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Sigh.

This Sounders team looks so dated and lovely in 0 years.

Blow it up, let the kids play, start getting ready for 2017.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Martins was propping up that whole operation

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

trem_two posted:

Martins was propping up that whole operation

It wasn't just Martins, we pretty much dumped our entire Supporters Shield winning attack in the offseason and brought in nothing except Morris who isn't the team's problem.

I would take Marco Pappa being a dumbass booze hound off the field, Barrett bumbling around for 20 minutes before scoring a random loving goal and Neagle actually trying to shoot the ball and missing 3/4ths of the time instead of angling for a useless cross to Valdez.

JFC the moves in the summer last year have been awful in hindsight.

highme
May 25, 2001

This post is with malice, gently caress Seattle.

highme
May 25, 2001

For real though, aside from the 3 points and the tifo (my last name is Krueger), the guy walking through the concourse wearing a Sounders scarf and jersey with a Timbers MLS Cup Champions scarf he just bought was the best part of my day.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

NYCFC...good?

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012

no east bad

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I'll let you in on a secret, since i've been a high quality poster here for many years and supporter of a perennially bad club. "Just playing the kids and developing youth for the future" doesn't work. Just do what you do best (SEATTLE) and shell out the millions for talented DPs.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I went to my first soccer match ever the other day--Philly Union vs. NY Red Bulls-- and I gotta say I was really impressed. 50 bucks got seats right at midfield, almost in spitting range of the pitch. The absolute worst seats to a Flyers game cost 70...The crowd was insanely into it during the game, but people were otherwise really relaxed and friendly. The quality of the game was a lot higher than I was expecting. There were goals, bad calls, hard fouls, a red card, stupid chanting...the Union (home team) went down 2-0 in the first half, and when they came back to tie it 2-2 in the second the crowd blew the lid off the arena.

Only real complaint is that the Union have BIMBO on the front of their shirts. I can't buy one of those in good conscience.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Surprising not that many (although I figured Atlanta would've made a stronger push for him)

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/755517605243416576

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

If he was smart, he would have waited for the Sounders gig to open up, but you won't hear me complaining. My prediction: he will be on the chopping block by the end of next season.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

whypick1 posted:

(although I figured Atlanta would've made a stronger push for him)

I wonder if Houston even talked to him.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Welcome to GBS posted:

If he was smart, he would have waited for the Sounders gig to open up, but you won't hear me complaining. My prediction: he will be on the chopping block by the end of next season.

I would argue that Seattle would be a worse place. The fanbase would be on his rear end from day one to win a trophy this or next year. Orlando is still in the 'Happy to be here' stage of support. He can take a 18 months to build his squad rather than having to make drastic improvements overnight in Seattle. As long as the owner doesn't pull what NYCFC did on him, Kreis is going to murder the East.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Peter Pappas got busted for a ponzi scheme.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Vengarr posted:

I went to my first soccer match ever the other day--Philly Union vs. NY Red Bulls-- and I gotta say I was really impressed. 50 bucks got seats right at midfield, almost in spitting range of the pitch. The absolute worst seats to a Flyers game cost 70...The crowd was insanely into it during the game, but people were otherwise really relaxed and friendly. The quality of the game was a lot higher than I was expecting. There were goals, bad calls, hard fouls, a red card, stupid chanting...the Union (home team) went down 2-0 in the first half, and when they came back to tie it 2-2 in the second the crowd blew the lid off the arena.

Only real complaint is that the Union have BIMBO on the front of their shirts. I can't buy one of those in good conscience.

I know they got a buttload of money for it but it does make me laugh that the players and everyone in the organization has to ignore that they have a funny word on their shirt in their home country. Glad you had fun!

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I would argue that Seattle would be a worse place. The fanbase would be on his rear end from day one to win a trophy this or next year. Orlando is still in the 'Happy to be here' stage of support. He can take a 18 months to build his squad rather than having to make drastic improvements overnight in Seattle. As long as the owner doesn't pull what NYCFC did on him, Kreis is going to murder the East.

From what I understand about the Orlando ownership, they want to operate in a similar way to NYCFC. Bring in stars that will keep the stadium packed and hope for success along the way. I don't really see that as Kreis's style (hence his firing at NYCFC), which is why I doubt it would work out. I could see him actually developing something at Seattle, even in a short period (there are assets to work with already). But honestly I have no real idea, this is just my perception of the situation.

Conartist
Aug 15, 2004

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

As long as the owner doesn't pull what NYCFC did on him, Kreis is going to murder the East.
Too late if what you mean is to purchase expensive players and force the coach to play them all together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
DC United makin' some moves. Fabian Espindola sold to Vancouver, Patrick Mullins bought from NYCFC. Doesn't matter, Olsen will still put out poo poo lineups and DCU will still be awful.

• Locked thread