Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Did a 7:01 2k row today

Fell apart in the middle :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Vacuumed my house and broke into a profuse sweat.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I went to a buffet. Ate so much I had the sweats.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Why do people do the alternate arm curls instead of both at once

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.

Lemming posted:

for me personally it lets me focus on contracting the bicep and not swinging the weight up with my shoulders or hips.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

notZaar posted:

meme workout

mod plz change my username to this

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

for me personally it lets me focus on contracting the bicep and not swinging the weight up with my shoulders or hips.

Amendment: why do the stick figures do it

I do not question anything anyone larger than me does, and I am tiny and weak

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lemming posted:

Offset core stability

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lately ive been doing alternating sets of inside/outside curls with the EZ barbells

its good

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
whats an inside/outside curl??

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I was at the gym tonight with a friend, and this old guy was there who also lifts late at night. He's weird, one night he told me the owner said we can't hold the door open for people, as if we were letting people in who didn't have a membership, even though we haven't.

Anyway, friend was doing overhead press, and the guy walked up and said "hey let me show you something, do that again" and when my friend pressed the weight again the old guy gently put his hands under his triceps and said "help your friend out a little bit when he gets tired, otherwise this could really blow out your rotator cuff"

Indeed, old man.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I was at the gym tonight with a friend, and this old guy was there who also lifts late at night. He's weird, one night he told me the owner said we can't hold the door open for people, as if we were letting people in who didn't have a membership, even though we haven't.

Anyway, friend was doing overhead press, and the guy walked up and said "hey let me show you something, do that again" and when my friend pressed the weight again the old guy gently put his hands under his triceps and said "help your friend out a little bit when he gets tired, otherwise this could really blow out your rotator cuff"

Indeed, old man.

keep going

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

theres two grip points on ez bars. do curls with both. :confused:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
also how do i do reverse grip bench without destroying my wrists when picking up the weight. its really awkward.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Pick up the weight normal and adjust one hand at a time with the weight above your neck and chest like a real man

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

also how do i do reverse grip bench without destroying my wrists when picking up the weight. its really awkward.

Ask your workout buddy to help you! How obvious is that??

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Chinatown posted:

set up the bar to deadlift at the foot of the bench. while standing in front of the bar, facing away from the bench, deadlift the bar behind you with your palms facing forward. now, in a single motion, jump tuck your legs back over the bar while falling backwards onto the bench

you are now ready to press

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I made eye contact with the big burly sweaty guy next to me at the gym and sang "to prove that I love you, because I believe in you" to him.

Paul Simon has been my workout music recently.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
Curling in the only squat rack the pump is even better.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!

Zzulu posted:

The best way to develop elbow pain

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
take a vitamin

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Chinatown posted:

take a vitamin

take a salami

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ruzihm posted:

take a salami

meat is truly the best vitamin

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I AM THE ONE WHO CURLS

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Been lifting a lot lately, trying not to get back into my bulking habits.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

i dont wanna get too big, now

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
My friend who goes to planet fitness told me I look like a Ricky because I was wearing a tank top, and I'm like wtf is that. Apparently Ricky is a swolebro on a poster that PF people fear.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Constipated posted:

My friend who goes to planet fitness told me I look like a Ricky because I was wearing a tank top, and I'm like wtf is that. Apparently Ricky is a swolebro on a poster that PF people fear.

Do they actually cower or just laugh nervously when seeing the poster?

What you're saying is that moving those posters around would ostensibly be about 'variety' but it would be great cover to gently caress with PF people and when they'd come to the front desk to complain about it being on the back of a stall door suddenly I'd be all "Well, you SAW it, didn't you? Seems our Swole Awareness campaign is working. Thanks for the ten bucks, have a tootsie roll - there, there - I'll be sure to move it - there, there."

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
I have no idea, I really didn't know how to reply but I did tell him he should probably go to a real gym. He used to be a tall fat guy, now he's a tall chubby guy with baby muscles. I think he's really into the fact that PF fit shames because he started telling me about lifting next to a "Ricky" and feeling intimidated or some poo poo, who I guess also carries a gallon jug of water in the poster as well as shamelessly flaunting his physique in a tank top. My friend is a pussy and PF is for pussies, basically.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I'm a Ricky? Is it be cause I'm so fine? I'm so fine I blow your mind?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i did a lil cardio, then did bench and the incline leg press machine w/ calf extensions. then i went surfing.

salami, chicken, & broccoli time

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

took a week of lifting (to bing edrink) and my joints actually hurt more than they do when im lifting. sux to have weak pussy body

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
make sure u drink alot of unfiltered yeasty wheat beers to get your protein in

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Profondo Rosso posted:

took a week of lifting (to bing edrink) and my joints actually hurt more than they do when im lifting. sux to have weak pussy body

cancer

In other news, im going to wear a tank top to the gym today

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I wear slim fit tanks to the gym so as to flaunt my bodacious traps

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I also bought compression pants

why?? I don't know

I don't know

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

Chinatown posted:

lately ive been doing alternating sets of inside/outside curls with the EZ barbells

its good

ya

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

spandex will lift the weight for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

rediscovering the power of the incline/decline bench for fuller chest action. pecs looking meaty.... solid.

• Locked thread