Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Ohh, I see. I never tried the terrorist hunt matchmaking, I always just play it with people in my squad.

On the other hand, I finally tried out Article 5 the other day and drat there are a lot of people playing it still for some reason? :confuoot: I was trying the "queue simultaneously with your friends to get into the same game" thing with it while thinking we'd probably have to wait like half an hour for another couple of people to show up, but instead... all three of us instantly matched into different, full, games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hey Hard, can we please get a green plus sign on the operator icon of players who've picked up Rook plates? Would make a lot easier to chase down pubbies who forgot to pick them up. :)

e; something like this:

Or just colour the HP bar green, even.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 14, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Koramei posted:

Ohh, I see. I never tried the terrorist hunt matchmaking, I always just play it with people in my squad.

On the other hand, I finally tried out Article 5 the other day and drat there are a lot of people playing it still for some reason? :confuoot: I was trying the "queue simultaneously with your friends to get into the same game" thing with it while thinking we'd probably have to wait like half an hour for another couple of people to show up, but instead... all three of us instantly matched into different, full, games.

Article 5 matchmakes with normal difficulty, fyi, and lobbies of people trying to normal t-hunt matches will join Article 5 situations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I've been kicked from three games in a row because "my internet connection is too slow" but speedtest.net says I'm getting 71 Mbps down.

Also hitboxes seem hosed now even when my ping is good. I keep getting the drop on people and losing every encounter.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 15, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I've been kicked from three games in a row because "my internet connection is too slow" but speedtest.net says I'm getting 71 Mbps down.

It's your ping that matters, not your connection speed.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

So, Ubi shut down the Bastille Day challenge in response to the Nice attack.

Please remove the poutine skin, as well, as it is insensitive to the ~130 Canadians who die daily from heart disease.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

TERRORISTS WIN!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

They should have jusy given people the stuff instead of removing it. Then again that makes no sense either.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Foehammer posted:

Please remove the poutine skin, as well, as it is insensitive to the ~130 Canadians who die daily from heart disease.

Nice!

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Its_Epi posted:

We are deeply saddened by the attacks in France on Bastille Day. Out of respect, we ended the Bastille Day Challenge and will be applying the French Flag charm to all accounts that own the game as of today.

We will update you with the date that the charm will be added to your accounts next week.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Why is the Kafe side door spawn camp still a thing?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

pedro0930 posted:

I will die laughing if they change it to only one spawn on that map. Just loving redesign it entirely if the exterior is so badly thought out the spawn points are literally unsalvageable.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

pedro0930 posted:

Because its a bad map.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Hard your game is pretty fun

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Foehammer posted:

quote:

We are deeply saddened by the attacks in France on Bastille Day. Out of respect, we ended the Bastille Day Challenge and will be applying the French Flag charm to all accounts that own the game as of today.

We will update you with the date that the charm will be added to your accounts next week.
I already earned the flag charm and now everyone is getting it, I am outraged, I demand recompense for my trivial effort being undermined in this manner.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

Hey Hard, can we please get a green plus sign on the operator icon of players who've picked up Rook plates? Would make a lot easier to chase down pubbies who forgot to pick them up. :)

e; something like this:

Or just colour the HP bar green, even.

that makes too much sense

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Did they buff Pulse's range further? I swear you have an extra couple meters in detection range.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Why did they buff pulse anyway? I thought he was already pretty good, but now his scanner is practically effortless to use.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ubisoft is too lazy to add actual anti-cheat so they just extended wallhacking capability to all players

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I used to like Pulse because he straddled the line of being a fun operator that fit the R6 universe and an overpowered wallhacking operator. Now he's 100% the latter.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Pulse's new scanner seems to be both a harder check on Blackbeard's bullshit as well as more of a reason to take IQ. As it stands now the 3 operators that really need buffs are Fuze/Tachanka/Castle. Castle is outright detrimental 90% of the time, Tachanka's gun is still pretty much useless and Fuze, while having one of the best AR's in the game, has a terrible LMG as well as being fat/loud/gadget isn't overly useful.

Seriously though, the Fuze LMG is near useless because the recoil is horrendous and you can't use a compensator on it. The only time it'd be remotely useful is if they applied the "can shoot through" property of Glaz's rifle on Castle barricades to it.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jul 17, 2016

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

pulse is straight up depressing to play against now

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Pulse is not any better now than before. It's just easier to use the scanner.

I don't see why this would upset you unless think his utility should be gated off to those who play this game too much. That or he was too strong to begin with.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You mean, should require skill, map awareness, and experience with the game to use effectively? Yeah, that's a stupid concern, he should be trivially easy for even the most stupid newbie, like all the other operators!

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Yes, he should.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Competitive FPSes might not be for you.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

lol

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Wooper posted:

Pulse is not any better now than before. It's just easier to use the scanner.

I don't see why this would upset you unless think his utility should be gated off to those who play this game too much. That or he was too strong to begin with.

mmm i dont know if he was too strong to begin with but by making it easier to use the scanner they've made camera destruction pretty much irrelevant

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What's the upside of the AUG A2 vs the 552 on IQ? the 552 seems way better.

Any tips on playing Blitz as well? I feel like people are just gunning me down even when I'm crouching with my shield.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

It was a good day for gifs

https://gfycat.com/InstructiveExcitableCricket

https://gfycat.com/WeirdFewDolphin

https://gfycat.com/QuestionableDistortedArrowana

https://gfycat.com/RelievedUnripeCaracal

https://gfycat.com/RegularPerkyBudgie

I apologize in advance for my laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVGd5oVKHAc

Basticle fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 17, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
What's with the challenge section of the Uplay overlay? It's been telling me "a service is down" since yesterday. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Actually, a much more important question: Hard, why does Montagne have an American accent??? :colbert:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

What's with the challenge section of the Uplay overlay? It's been telling me "a service is down" since yesterday. :(

they rejigged some stuff and its been like that all weekend, probs post-bastille day

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Nothing like acing a hacker team so hard that the round after they immediately turn on their hacks.

edit: also tested the Pulse scanner and the detection range is larger. You can read up to 13 meters away but at 13 it's almost indistinguishable, 12 meters is very clear though. 10m was how it was under the old system.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 18, 2016

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Because that's how you have fun, by cheating.

Real talk though, I cannot stand when people play like that. I'm so thankful that I've never come across anyone doing poo poo like that.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Beastie posted:

Because that's how you have fun, by cheating.

If it works for marriage, it works for video games :colbert:

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
New development:

The hacker apparently googles himself because he left me a lovely comment :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsdcRWnVz2o

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

He thinks he can sue you? You should keep posting that video every week and tag him.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Part of me wants to just post it everywhere now.

But I also think he actually wants the attention.

I'm wondering if the reason he's even commenting is because Ubisoft did something with the cheater report I sent in with this clip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Well he certainly got mine.

• Locked thread