Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Shady Amish Terror posted:

With regards to the law,

https://www.amazon.com/Emergency-Sasquatch-Ordinance-Actually-Dreamed/dp/1627222693?ie=UTF8&ref_=pd_ybh_1

Similarly, lots of fun to be had at the source as far as 'weird legal poo poo' goes. http://loweringthebar.net/

Meet my source material.

Anyway, tag fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Gumshoe is the best.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh yeah, something I didn't see mentioned about chapter 3. The game makes little beep boop noises to represent speaking as text scrolls. It has two different noises, a lower pitched one for male characters and a higher pitch for females. Except for Dee Vasquez - she uses the male beeps, presumably because her voice is lower from smoking. :laugh:

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I gotta be real, that law actually makes a lot of sense. Like, not in the sense that it's a legitimately sensible law to be passing, but in the off chance that Sasquatch is real, who wants to be the guy telling some hillbilly he's free to go because there's no law against shooting Bigfoot? Show of hands. Anyone?

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

Also discourages random yahoos from coming into town, shooting at vague shapes in the woods, and killing campers, travelers, or other yahoos.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Oberndorf posted:

Also discourages random yahoos from coming into town, shooting at vague shapes in the woods, and killing campers, travelers, or other yahoos.

I suspect that's the main actual purpose of the law, tell people they can't shoot bigfoot, and they're less likely to accidently shoot innocents who they think are bigfoot. Then again I'm british not american, so perhaps the USA is just crazy.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Mors Rattus posted:

Next time: Trial.
Really looking forward to it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The person we're set to face off against is probably one of the highlights of the series. :allears:

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Come to Japanifornia: We might have a 99% conviction rate, but we also have a statute of limitations for murder!

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Stephen9001 posted:

I suspect that's the main actual purpose of the law, tell people they can't shoot bigfoot, and they're less likely to accidently shoot innocents who they think are bigfoot. Then again I'm british not american, so perhaps the USA is just crazy.

Speaking as an American: that makes zero sense, we are crazy. Anyone who's enough of a ridiculous yahoo to just shoot at indistinct shapes hoping to peg Bigfoot isn't gonna let no sissy law stop 'em. Also, if they do happen to shoot a real person instead, they're not gonna just go to court and go "well your honor, members of the jury, I thought she was Bigfoot when I shot her," and everyone's just going to go, "yeah that's reasonable you're free to go." They're gonna get charged with like, second degree murder or negligent assault. Anyone who would stop and think "It is illegal to shoot Bigfoot here in Washington" would also make absolutely 100% sure they were shooting at Bigfoot in the first place, because (and you will be forgiven for not realizing this, given all the cops who've been on the news lately) it is also illegal to shoot other people, even by accident. Literally the only thing that makes sense is that someone was legitimately afraid that Bigfoot might actually exist, and didn't want to be the guy getting the stinkeye when someone asked, "And why can't we convict Jebediah Strawguy for shooting Bigfoot and making a pair of assless chaps from his pelt?"

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
I haven't read up on the history of that law in particular, but lots of stupid laws come into being for a wide array of stupid reasons. Laws concerning mythical beasts are sometimes passed purely as PR measures, sometimes just to shut up some vocal nutcase, and sometimes to discourage people from edge cases, which is probably part of the reason for the Bigfoot ordinance. Someone who wants to shoot Bigfoot JUST MIGHT take potshots at random people in the woods, and be discouraged from doing so if they know it's illegal to shoot Bigfoot (because if they believe in Bigfoot, there's a non-zero chance they will confidently %100 identify someone in a parka in the tree-line as Bigfoot).

The most important factor is usually how the law affects the governing body passing it, especially when it comes to city ordinances and the like; politicians will pass the absolutely stupidest most hand-wringing bullshit if it helps to more thoroughly cover their rear end in the event of someone asking 'well why didn't we have a LAW against shooting Bigfoot so these people won't take potshots at random humanoid figures in the woods???' It doesn't necessarily matter that a law against shooting at people randomly is redundant and probably ineffective.

Or they could just be nutcases themselves. A lot of crazy laws get passed all over the place.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

You forgot the most plausible explanation:

They're all at least part-Sasquatch themselves.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

Dr. Buttass posted:

Speaking as an American: that makes zero sense, we are crazy. Anyone who's enough of a ridiculous yahoo to just shoot at indistinct shapes hoping to peg Bigfoot isn't gonna let no sissy law stop 'em. Also, if they do happen to shoot a real person instead, they're not gonna just go to court and go "well your honor, members of the jury, I thought she was Bigfoot when I shot her," and everyone's just going to go, "yeah that's reasonable you're free to go." They're gonna get charged with like, second degree murder or negligent assault. Anyone who would stop and think "It is illegal to shoot Bigfoot here in Washington" would also make absolutely 100% sure they were shooting at Bigfoot in the first place, because (and you will be forgiven for not realizing this, given all the cops who've been on the news lately) it is also illegal to shoot other people, even by accident. Literally the only thing that makes sense is that someone was legitimately afraid that Bigfoot might actually exist, and didn't want to be the guy getting the stinkeye when someone asked, "And why can't we convict Jebediah Strawguy for shooting Bigfoot and making a pair of assless chaps from his pelt?"

Perchance are you from Ohio?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Dipshits have enough trouble telling deer from people. They really don't need an excuse to be shooting at things that would actually be human-shaped.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Leif. posted:

Perchance are you from Ohio?

Oregon, actually. Once you leave the Portland area the only way you can really tell you're not in Ohio is that the scenery's better; the people and the towns are pretty much the same.

Shady Amish Terror posted:

Or they could just be nutcases themselves. A lot of crazy laws get passed all over the place.

This completely misses the point of why dumb laws are great. See, our system of government does one thing right, and that's that if a crazy dude is county commissioner of Multnomah County he can't just go "in the interest of protecting the public's footwear, all citizens are to soak their pink pillows in pickle juice at least once a week or be subject to a $1000 fine" and it's law. Everyone's gonna vote "no." First he's got to convince everyone else that fairies steal shoes but hate the smell of pickle juice (and the pillows must be pink because he wouldn't ask people to sleep on green pillows like some kind of monster), and therefore soaking your pillow in the stuff will keep them away and your shoes will remain unstolen. And only when enough people agree that this is perfectly logical and sensical will it be passed into law.

So it is with all the crazy laws that actually exist. At one point in time enough people agreed that it was a perfectly logical and well-thought-out law that needed passing. That was a mistake of phrasing on my part, I talked like it was just one guy who was afraid someone would just skin Bigfoot for chaps and get off scot free, but really one guy had the thought and then at least 51% of the other people in the county went "you know what, he's right, this is a serious problem and we need to fix it on the double." No "dumb laws" story is ever complete without knowing what train of thought made it not a dumb law at all.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
That's fair, but sometimes that reasoning is really goddamned nutty and hard to predict, especially the further down you get in population size. Which is part of what can make it compelling story-telling, I suppose.

I guess it's usually more contextually logical at the state or county level (in most states), even when you're passing ordinances declaring a state amphibian for whatever reason. I was raised in rural Kentucky, and individual towns will pass ordinances based on family feuds or the advice of travelling snake-handlers. And much of eastern Kentucky's counties basically are just one town, so I guess it's easy to forget counties are usually, ya know, substantial voting bodies.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Dr. Buttass posted:

This completely misses the point of why dumb laws are great.
That's, uh... not how laws are made. You'd certainly have to convince 50% of some group to vote "yes" on that law, but that group is rarely 50% of the relevant legislature, never mind the constituency they represent.

A great number of laws are passed by a small group merely because no one else was in attendance / objected, any number of regulations are encoded in law despite never getting an "up and down" proper vote, a lot of laws or bylaws are bundled together in ways that don't really make sense ("Here's an omnibus education funding bill. Oh, and it has a rider about people shooting bigfoot. No, you can't object to just that part.")

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Not to forget that most legislators don't bother to read the full text of many of the laws they vote on, and either trust what the bill's author tells them it says or just go by the name. At the federal level, you also get a lot of amendments that have nothing to do with the law itself, either because they're unlikely to get passed as standalone laws or because someone hates a bill so much that they tie it to something its proponents will hate. American politics is just messed up in general, so it's important to be able to laugh at the parts that are more funny than harmful.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Okay, so I simplified beyond the point where maybe I ought, but nevertheless.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Case 4 - Turnabout Goodbyes
Trial (Day 2) - Part 1

: That's right, Manfred von Karma. He's the best prosecutor there is. He hasn't lost a case in his 40-year career. He is a god of prosecution, Wright! A god!
: Not a single case?
: He'll do anything to get a guilty verdict, anything.
: Hmm. Sounds like someone else I know, Edgeworth.
: Hmph.
: You don't understand. I mean he'll really do anything. Manfred von Karma is a man to be feared.
: (That's quite a claim coming from someone who forges evidence...)
: He taught me what it really means to "prosecute."
: Wh-what!?
: Just picture a prosecutor as vicious as me... multiplied by a factor of ten.
: Ugh...
: So... so was he your teacher, then, Mr. Edgeworth?
: Something like that...
: And now he's trying to get you found guilty!? What a creep!
: Oh, wait...
: Maybe he's planning on losing on purpose to help you out!
: Not a chance... He hasn't lost once in 40 years. 40 years!
: He's as ruthless as me, times twenty!
: That's pretty ruthless...
: Like I said. He's a god among prosecutors.
: (I guess that's something like Mia was to me. Speaking of Mia...) Um, Maya?
: Uh huh?
: We could really be using Mia's help right now... don't you think?
: Oh...
: ?
: I can't.
: Sorry. I tried, I really tried, but I couldn't reach.
: You couldn't "reach"?
: I think it's because I haven't been training.
: My powers are weak again...
: Oh man, what bad timing! I'm really sorry. I'll try my best!
: I hope so!
: What are you whispering about?
: O-oh, it's nothing. Well, it's time. Let's head in...

: Court is now in session for the trial of Mr. Miles Edgeworth.
: The defense is ready, Your Honor.

: Erm, Mr. von Karma? Is the prosecution ready?

: Fool...

: R-right, my apologies!
: (He's even got the Judge scared!)
: Very well, your opening statement, please.
: ... Decisive evidence... A decisive witness...
: What else could possibly be required?
: Ah... er, nothing of course. That should be fine. The prosecution may call its first witness.
: What's with this guy? Is he royalty or something?
: How am I supposed to fight against this!?
: I call the detective in charge of this case, Detective Dick Gumshoe.
: (Okay, Gumshoe's first... Let's see how this goes.)

: Describe the incident. Now!
: Y-yessir!
: (Detective Gumshoe looks nervous...)
: Er, please take a look at the map.

: There were two men on the boat.

: At 12:10 AM, she heard two pistol shots. Then the boat started to move.

: Hmm.

And while we're in here, our new profiles.

Anyway...

: Testify to the court about your arrest. Now!
: W-w-wait! Mr. von Karma...
: Yes?
: Actually, I'm the one that's supposed to be handling these proceedings...

: Wrong. There is only one thing you need to do here.
: You will slam down your gavel and say the word "guilty." That is your role!
: Y-yes, of course. You're quite right.
: (No he's not!!!)

: Hmm... I see. Very well...
: Begin your cross-examination, attorney. Now!
: ...

: You received a call from a "man"?
: Er... yup.
: But you said there was a woman camping there?
: She was the one who heard the two gunshots, right?

: That woman and the "man" who called in the report are two different people, obviously!
: Different people?
: There were two witnesses!

: Their testimonies were quite similar however. Today I've summoned the woman who was camping.
: (The woman who was camping... Lotta Hart.)
: What happened next, Detective?

: How long was it between receiving the report and your arrival at the lake?
: Er, well... I'd say it was about three minutes.
: That's pretty fast!
: Our motto for the month is "get there quick."

: Y-yessir! Sorry, sir!
: Do that and you'll be able to look forward to your next salary review.

: So much to look forward to, these days...
: This is no time for daydreaming! Continue!
: Y-yessir!

: What was Mr. Edgeworth like when you saw him then?
: Well... From what I saw, he looked pretty relaxed. Not like a murderer at all, really.

: Detective! The court requires the facts, NOT your opinion! How many years have you been on the force!?

: Facts only, Detective! Hard, cold, objective facts!
: Y-y-yessir!
: (Man, he's got his share of objections...)

: Why didn't you think he was suspicious?
: You should know! We have a deep, trusting relationship with the prosecutors.

: Detective! The court isn't interested in your musings! "Deep"? "Trusting"? Poppycock!

: I've never heard so many flippant comments from an active detective on the force!
: Mmph!
: (Detective Gumshoe doesn't look so good...)
: Continue! Now!

: Did you find any clues on the body?

: He was shot through the heart... fatally.
: Judge! Here's the bullet... It didn't strike bone, so its shape is well preserved.
: Very well. The court accepts this bullet into evidence.

: W-why is that?
: Well, we found the murder weapon in the boat.
: The murder weapon...?

: Detective Gumshoe... That is a vital piece of information. Please revise your testimony.
: Right! S-sorry, Your Honor.

: What about the pistol made it "decisive evidence"?

: (Ack! He has the same evil laugh as Edgeworth...)

: They were clear prints from Mr. Edgeworth's right hand.

: Order! Order!
: So Mr. Edgeworth's fingerprints were found on the murder weapon!?
: Y-yes, Your Honor.

: A-accepted into evidence.

: Members of the court... We now have the pistol used in the murder, and the bullet found in the body!

: Detective!
: Y-y-yessir!

: Hey, Nick!
: What does he mean, "ballistic markings"?
: Shocking! To imagine someone here does not know something as basic as ballistic markings!
: N-Nick! He's glaring at me!
: Tsk... very well, I'll explain. Actually, Judge! You do it.
: Eh? M-me? ...
: Erm, ahem.

: Ballistic markings are like the "fingerprints" of a gun. The barrel leaves distinctive marks on each bullet it fires. You can examine these "ballistic fingerprints" to see which gun fired the shot. It's quite accurate.
: Indeed.

: This pistol which, as you may recall, was covered with the defendant's own fingerprints!

: O-order! Order!
: (This is bad... This makes it look like Edgeworth did it!)

: Well, Judge?
: I'd say it's almost decisive, yes. Honestly, I could declare a verdict at this point. However...

: You wish to hear the witness speak, no doubt. Very well.
: I am somewhat fatigued, and so I will take a brief break. I will call my witness after the recess. Which will last ten minutes.
: Judge!
: Y-yes?
: What are you doing? A ten minute recess! Now!
: B-but, wait, I...

: Just bang your flimsy gavel and get on with it, man!
: Y-yes!

: Ahem. The court will take a ten minute recess.
: (Who's running this court, anyway!?)

: Your fingerprints were on the murder weapon!
: Uh... hmm...

: The only one who could have shot that man was the person in the photo!
: True...
: Was that you in the boat?
: ... Yes. It was me.
: What!?
: But... you must believe me. I didn't shoot him.
: Th-then who did!?
: I... don't know.
: You don't know!? Weren't you right there!?
: ... I heard a gunshot from very close by. Then... the other man fell from the boat. I can't say why, but...
: I thought, at the time, that he had shot himself!
: Y-you mean it was a suicide!?
: That's the only explanation I can come up with.
: Huh... (How am I going to convince anyone of that!?) Say, Maya?
: Huh? Wh-what?
: Any progress with Mia?
: Oh... Sorry. It's no good.
: Ugh...
: I know... I'm no good for anything, am I, Nick?

: Um, well, actually... (You don't know law, you don't have any trial experience or techniques... Yeah, you're pretty much useless... but I can't say that!)
: It's okay Nick. You don't have to say anything. Your face said it for you.
: (Whoops!) N-no, o-of course we... I'm sorry.
: It's okay, Nick.

Or...

: No, of course not, I need you here! I can see you're always trying to help out. Even if oyu don't actually help... it's the thought that counts, right?
: It's okay Nick. You don't have to make me feel better.

Convergence.

: I don't know anything about trials, or defense... What's more, I'm a spirit medium who can't even contact spirits...
: Aww, everyone has their off days! I mean, I've just been getting lucky lately... But you never know when my luck is going to run out!
: Really...?

: Don't jinx this case any worse than it already is!
: It's bad for my heart...
: Oh? Oh! S-sorry... (Whoops!)

Next time: The Curse of Draculawyer.

Goods and Services Tax Act, Australia, section 165.55 (1999) posted:

The [Australian Tax] Commissioner may:
  • Treat a particular event that actually happened as not having happened;
  • Treat a particular event that did not actually happen as having happened, and, if appropriate, treat the event as having happened at a particular time and having involved particular action by a particular entity; (or)
  • Treat a particular event that actually happened as having happened at a time different from the time it actually happened, or having involved particular action by a particular entity (whether or not the event actually involved any action by that entity).

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 20, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Objection! :allears: Please find and attach the voice clip of Von Karma's objection, it's so wonderfully deep.

E: As an Australian, I had never heard of that little snippet of law before. What the hell. :stare:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Three shots, huh? Our witness only heard 2. That's interesting.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Everyone, please read Manfred in the most stereotypical "angry German asshat" voice you can think of.

Also, Gregory Edgeworth is basically Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

AlphaKretin posted:

Objection! :allears: Please find and attach the voice clip of Von Karma's objection, it's so wonderfully deep.

E: As an Australian, I had never heard of that little snippet of law before. What the hell. :stare:

Have you considered clicking on his objections?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Do you think, as well as teaching him that only the verdict matters and the system is obviously blindly correct, Von Karma also led Edgeworth down the dark path of cravats?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Mors Rattus posted:

Have you considered clicking on his objections?

:aaaaa: This is what I get for skimming on a phone.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

God, I forgot how scary von Karma was. I did just notice, however, he appears to have an earring. I never noticed next to the insane collar/cravat combo he had going on.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The cravat is probably an honest mistake, given that's what you call a necktie in German.

Everyone's probably too scared of the shouty German jackass to correct him. That's kinda how he comes off here; I'm a little disappointed in him so far. He just seems like an rear end in a top hat rather than imposing or impressive.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Night10194 posted:

The cravat is probably an honest mistake, given that's what you call a necktie in German.

Everyone's probably too scared of the shouty German jackass to correct him. That's kinda how he comes off here; I'm a little disappointed in him so far. He just seems like an rear end in a top hat rather than imposing or impressive.

If everybody is too scared to correct him I'd call the man imposing.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It comes off a little forced so far. But we'll see. It's early in the trial yet and it'll be interesting to see how things change when he has a fight on his hands instead of a walkover. I expect it'll get way better then.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Funky Valentine posted:

Everyone, please read Manfred in the most stereotypical "angry German asshat" voice you can think of.

Also, Gregory Edgeworth is basically Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch.

Angry? I hear his voice as the most stereotypical ":smuggo: German asshat".
(To-may-to to-mah-to admittedly)

Night10194 posted:

Do you think, as well as teaching him that only the verdict matters and the system is obviously blindly correct, Von Karma also led Edgeworth down the dark path of cravats?

Look at Edgeworth, now back to von Karma, now back to Edgeworth, now back to von Karma.

Of loving course he taught him the Sith ways of the cravat.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Night10194 posted:

Three shots, huh? Our witness only heard 2. That's interesting.

And unless I'm misremembering, the victim was only shot once. Something's not adding up, here.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Goods and Services Tax Act, Australia, section 165.55 (1999) posted: posted:

Huh. "Kafkaesque" gets misused a lot, but that probably fits the definition to a T.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 20, 2016

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Regalingualius posted:

And unless I'm misremembering, the victim was only shot once. Something's not adding up, here.

Phoenix pointing that out will be less "well what about this critical inconsistency!" and more "von Karma please let me speak I found this thing oh god let me do something."

The von Karma will wag his finger, call Phoenix an idiot, order a guilty verdict, and case 5 is the appeals court vs. Payne, who has trained in 50 times earth's gravity to reach super lawyer 2.

This is my fanfic please rate and review.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

This is my fanfic please rate and review.

To be fair, apart from Paine going super lawyer 2 that's pretty much how I picture the 5, maybe 10 years of von Karma's career before this particular trial.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Seriously, did anyone else think that Manfred was a vampire the first time they saw him?

Night10194 posted:

He, in fact, did introduce him to cravats.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Seriously, did anyone else think that Manfred was a vampire the first time they saw him?

Well, he wouldn't be the only vampire named Manfred von something.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I know in this version von Karma is from Germany, but where did he come from in the Japanese version?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Mraagvpeine posted:

I know in this version von Karma is from Germany, but where did he come from in the Japanese version?

America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Wait, the victim was shot in the heart with a 22 caliber pistol? That's borderline accidental. A 22 barely qualifies as lethal, it could be stopped by adult male ribs, and you'd have to miss the ribs to hit the heart. With a weapon as inaccurate as a pistol that's a lucky shot.

Also, why does the Australian tax minster need reality warping powers?

Added Space fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 20, 2016

• Locked thread