Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Antti posted:

I'm allergic to tomato. Caesar salad is the safest salad.

that's weird, never heard of that allergy before; anyone else in your family have it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

bunnyofdoom posted:

I got sat TV so probably bouncing between CNN and fox news. Don't get cspan.

And thank ye for rhe compliment.

ya same, sat TV, CNN, fox news, MSNBC, and bbc news

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Baloogan posted:

ya same, sat TV, CNN, fox news, MSNBC, and bbc news

.....should I be checking under my couxh to see if you are hiding under it?

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

He just keeps loving that 3rd party chicken.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
signs of baloogan infestation:

beer goes missing
scotch goes missing
periods of activity punctuated by 6 hour breaks
soft woots for newt heard at times

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/754715389582462977

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Baloogan posted:

soft woots for newt heard at times

its the worst when this starts up just as you're trying to fall asleep so you have to go flush the toilet and run the garbage disposal to try and clear it out

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Truly living up to his title of Dan Quayle's Brain.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Salads aside you should never show up your boss like that.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Vladimir Putin posted:

you should never treat a good head chef like that either

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

What's so wrong with Gary Johnson for Bill Kristol?

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

you should never treat a good head chef like that either

On the other hand he wasn't just in there going nuts. He was responding to a customer complaint.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Civilized Fishbot posted:

What's so wrong with Gary Johnson for Bill Kristol?

foreign policy

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Vladimir Putin posted:

I dunno, if some guy from corporate started filling all the cars with diesel where you work you might actually get mad enough to risk a firing to tell him off

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Why did Ohio let the RNC hold a convention there to begin with if they're worried about violence this bad.

Why not out in the middle of Texas or somewhere instead?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Karl Sharks posted:

that's weird, never heard of that allergy before; anyone else in your family have it?

I used to break out in hives when I ate raw tomatoes as a kid. I grew out of it though.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Philthy posted:

Why did Ohio let the RNC hold a convention there to begin with if they're worried about violence this bad.

If it's in nowheresville they can't handle the amount of people at a convention.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Philthy posted:

Theoretically, hosting big events like this is an econ dev and pr tool. In reality, they're hosed.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
If Burning Man can do it, nowhere Texas can do it.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

whats going on with those people that made the ad about the couple with a special need kids, are they doing any more stuff? seems like putting trump's idiotic comments in the context of normal people is way more effective than just pointing out hes a shithead

like wheres the ad of some disabled vet being all horrified by his mccain comments? or the testimonial of the small business owner who lost everything in one of donalds bankruptcies?

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

zen death robot posted:

Did they ever release a real speaker schedule

We're gonna have all the best speakers, just the best. No problem there, I guarantee you. You're gonna get tired of all the great speaking that we'll be doing. Bing bing bong so simple!

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

...Please tell me this means Stewart is going to be hosting the show while Stephen runs amok on the ground. They still haven't said what he's going to be doing this week other than he's gonna be on Colbert.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

weird, why do they want to make the area less safe?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

babypolis posted:

whats going on with those people that made the ad about the couple with a special need kids, are they doing any more stuff? seems like putting trump's idiotic comments in the context of normal people is way more effective than just pointing out hes a shithead

like wheres the ad of some disabled vet being all horrified by his mccain comments? or the testimonial of the small business owner who lost everything in one of donalds bankruptcies?

The big guns are holstered until after the conventions.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Kithkar posted:

...Please tell me this means Stewart is going to be hosting the show while Stephen runs amok on the ground. They still haven't said what he's going to be doing this week other than he's gonna be on Colbert.

as far as i know the only thing stewart does these days is talk about how much better wounded soldiers are than civilians

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

god I miss the colbert report. the late show is not an adequate replacement.

Kithkar posted:

:pray:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Vladimir Putin posted:

On the other hand he wasn't just in there going nuts. He was responding to a customer complaint.

customers can be loving idiots though

if you want a salad with tomatoes in it, then order that; don't order one that comes without, or at the least maybe request some be added

babypolis posted:

there was another "ad" with a small business contractor guy who did work on one of trump's properties that got hosed over, trump offered him less than a third of the original payment, then offered half of that meager offering

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
a parmesan bowl is a lovely white trash way to serve a cesar salad to begin with, so it's funny that the customer was mad that it was served in a weird bowl and didn't have tomatoes

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Philthy posted:

If Burning Man can do it, nowhere Texas can do it.

I really love the idea of thousands of delegates, reporters, and politicians camping in the woods

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

MadJackal posted:

Brutal.

I love Warren as attack dog.

She's really quite good at it. Plus it helps that Trump is pretty much the rich rear end in a top hat that Warren is there to fight. Even if she's not VP, she's still a great asset in this campaign and I really hope she thinks to run in 2024.

did they ever make up that $6 million they wanted from adelson?

Wasn't that dependent on having Newt as VP?

And this is what you get when you give the nation Sarah Palin.

Vladimir Putin posted:

Why the hell does Trump have to go back there personally? Doesn't he have someone who can manage the place and respond to the complaint in a more effective manner? That screams micromanagement to a degree where the turnover would be insane.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

All those good guys with guns will be powerless to save the convention.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Why the hell does Trump have to go back there personally? Doesn't he have someone who can manage the place and respond to the complaint in a more effective manner? That screams micromanagement to a degree where the turnover would be insane.

One customer not liking the way the salad is done (which it was definitely described that way in the menu, so it's totally on the customer) is not grounds to run back and make a big scene in the kitchen. I think trump might just be a little bit of an rear end in a top hat!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

which is why Im wondering if they got the money somewhere else, and if not what it was for. What's the overall budget for these things? $6mil seems like a decent chunk

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

No, that was something that we convinced ourselves because we really wanted Newt.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I have a bad feeling about this convention.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

which is why Im wondering if they got the money somewhere else, and if not what it was for. What's the overall budget for these things? $6mil seems like a decent chunk

if they didn't raise the money they probably either borrowed it or cannibalized some other area of operations to cover the shortfall

is that the sort of thing that can be figured out from FEC filings?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Even if she's not VP, she's still a great asset in this campaign and I really hope she thinks to run in 2024.

Too old

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Clearly the Law and Order Candidate knows better than the police.

What we really need is a Well Regulated Militia of untrained 2nd Amendment enthusiasts patrolling Cleveland like it's Fallujah.

Cleveland will be the safest city in America!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol, get hosed Fat Reek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I have a bad feeling about this convention.

if trump doesn't get a huge bump out of calling himself the law and order candidate from this week, he won't get it from anything

• Locked thread