Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
http://i.imgur.com/DxMhZvH.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/kAEg9Wf.gifv

pubstomping owns, everyone make a new account and stomp bungies babby pubbies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

http://i.imgur.com/DxMhZvH.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/kAEg9Wf.gifv

pubstomping owns, everyone make a new account and stomp bungies babby pubbies

Good.

Destroy these loving plebs. Hopefully it makes bungie wise up.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

This is my eyasluna. There are many like it but this one is mine

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Is getting a Nirwen's this IB even worth it?
I thought it was in that class of pulses that are gutter trash.
I'd rather not deal with beyond lovely connections and sweat pools this time.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

So are purple handcannons actually good now? Next you'll be telling me the xbox one is a good console hahaha

Words on handcanons:

Like anything, depends on the roll. The higher impact ones like the fixer and eyasluna you need to have a range and stability perk for it to be really viable. If you can get a stability/range/LiTC or HH roll it'll be competitive on most hand canons.

You can get some sneaky good ones like mine, the Byronic with the same roll and a range/stability/litc Luna. Some people like the Omolon space glocks with stability, range and LiTC rolls but they're not fantastic in my experience.

Exotic hand canons are probably at their lowest point in destiny history.

Thorn - got nerfed with Dots doing way less damage and range becoming more important - still popular among sweats because it's still a solid base archetype and the dots become defacto tracking/slow down heals.

TLW - skill floor is higher than ever, because of the damage fall off increase and hip fire damage bonus removal it's not anywhere near what it was in year one. You almost always have to ADS and hit heads to be effective with it and it can have issues in laggy lobbies with "phantom bullets" where you have someone dead to rights but the rounds you land do no damage. I still use it for 99% of games, Rappo still wrecks with it and a lot of streamers use it for 3s and trials but by in large its a different animal from what it used to be.

Hawkmoon - still OK but it kicks like a mule now because they keep loving with the stability on it. Still viable-ish but not any better than most legendaries. You're reliant on LiTC or Aces now for it to be good.

Then there's the First Curse - hits like a truck and has massive aim assist but it fires a bit slow, so it's OK for finishing cunts off and team shooting and some people use it well but I think it's poo poo in PVP. Surprisingly good in PVE.

I can't comment on Ace of spades because I don't play my hunter enough to have it.

If you're going to come back and play for Rise of Iron - I'd reccomend jumping on in the next few weeks and grabbing a hawksaw from the crucible vendor and a gunsmith order for a PDX45 and checking the rolls before the update comes in september, they're top 5 PVP weapons and no one knows what the future holds for the vendor rolls. Both have good Aim assist and are easy 3 burst kills with a quick reload and good range/stability.

Words on PVP:
Overall you can't go wrong with anything except the light scout rifles, slow firing heavy pulse rifles or slow firing Auto Rifles. Those archetypes are dogshit.

Bungie has whittled down almost all primary weapons by design - their goal was to encourage better team play and teamshooting. The designers literally said this was deliberate because they didn't want players being able to warrior and wipe a team by themselves.

The dumb thing is that Shotguns still have ridiculous range, especially when paired with a warlock melee and snipers are still easy to get strafe/swipe headshots watching lanes. This means that a lot of PVP is now more based around special battles so you will sometimes spawn into a game and see three dudes hard scoping a lane and two others charging around maining a Universal remote or a party crasher the whole time. It's also lead to a lot of striker titans because shoulder charge is a one hit kill on most players and juggernaut shields paired with a shotgun make it really easy to skate around getting kills.

I still find running around with a TLW and switching to snipes for a quick kill at distance really viable and got a couple of phantom and relentless medals today actually using a primary as a primary and you still see that play style but it's becoming less common. A whole lot of jerkoffs are more than happy to run in straight lines, slide and trade shotgun to get their 15 kills at a 1.1 KD. These are the same lame cunts who run a truth for their heavy.

To give you an idea of how much special has grown in prevalence, I did a bit of a "field test" during the last Ironbanner where I counted the times I died to a primary weapon across 5 games. it worked out to 4 deaths in 45 where I died to primaries, 6 to grenades/supers. Overwhelmingly it was shotguns or a shotgun/melee combo. The aforementioned whittle down of primaries means you've got to hit headshots with TLW or get a LiTC bullet for you to take out a shotgun rusher before they can put your lights out from a stupid range because of the ongoing lag issues even a lot of these fights you should be winning you trade.

On my youtube theres a match I had last IB on Thilight gap where I wrecked poo poo with tlw and it wasn't tough because there weren't many shotgunners on the enemy team. I spent most of the match on the party room. I've found that by in large in a 6v6 game where you're fighting 0 shotgun runners vs 3 or 4 shotgunners can mean the difference between a 6kd and a 1kd. It turns most easily winnable fights where you get the angle or stay at the available range to cover an entry into a 50/50 proposition.

We all bitch a lot about PVP but the primary balance is in a good place and it's something they've gotten mostly right. If they did something like reduce special carrying capacity and drop rates or even better made it so you start with 0 and it spawns after 3 minutes the game would open up a lot more and it'd be more fun overall imo.

[/dhabadu]

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

It's not total poo poo, it's still useable. The problem is you won't outshoot a hawksaw/pdx45 or a Grasp which makes up 90% of the pulses you'll be up against. The original roll was pretty much the godroll. It's probably worth getting one since you don't know what the balance patches will do.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jul 17, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^ Was reading that bit above about Hawkmoon. And Hawkmoon lands in my inventory 15 seconds later :tinfoil:

Obsurveyor posted:

gently caress did I waste my time? Farmed up 100 Legendary Marks and bought and leveled up the vendor Hawksaw and then I found this on another character which I totally forgot about :

I pulled a PDX with Rangefinder now and I straight up can't go back to pulse rifles with no range. 75 damage burst headshots at any range? Yes please.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 17, 2016

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

If you get one with a good roll just put it in the vault, in case the slower firing pulses get buffed again.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

actionjackson posted:

If you get one with a good roll just put it in the vault, in case the slower firing pulses get buffed again.

Do we have a possible over/under on that happening?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

BlindSite posted:

So many words

What's wrong with using Truth in pvp?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Do we have a possible over/under on that happening?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I played a little Crucible tonight and ran into this one guy who just wouldn't put down his shotgun. He got me once but after that, he'd just run straight at me and try to get close to hit me with it and I'd just murder him with my Hawksaw. I don't normally teabag but I did that guy every time because gently caress shotguns. I also Golden Gunned down nearly a whole team running in a straight line around a corner for the Rift. :D

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah the shotgun spectrum only works in extremes.
You either have that dude who's like a loving ninja, blinking all over the place and constantly up your rear end, or you get the dude who loses all reasoning and tries to close distance on you from halfway across the map while only sprinting, cause they never jump at you.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Yeah the shotgun spectrum only works in extremes.
You either have that dude who's like a loving ninja, blinking all over the place and constantly up your rear end, or you get the dude who loses all reasoning and tries to close distance on you from halfway across the map while only sprinting, cause they never jump at you.

Eerily similar to the other spectrum most shotgun users are on.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Obsurveyor posted:

I played a little Crucible tonight and ran into this one guy who just wouldn't put down his shotgun. He got me once but after that, he'd just run straight at me and try to get close to hit me with it and I'd just murder him with my Hawksaw. I don't normally teabag but I did that guy every time because gently caress shotguns. I also Golden Gunned down nearly a whole team running in a straight line around a corner for the Rift. :D

This sounds like half the player base tbqh.

The other half are hard scoping corners.

Both play styles are loving lame.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Purp HCs - in a fun place but I wouldn't call them competitive. Going against a TLW or DoP user who knows what's up will get you killed 100% of the time.

TLW - Definitely takes more skill to use these days but nothing short of a stick is better for shotgun wanks. ADS it and try not to mag dump of you can help it.

Thorn - Take off ye ol Send It and switch to PB. It can be effective but you really have to work with it. Kite, dodge, peek, etc.

Hawksaw/PDX - As much as I don't like using them they are still king of the hill.

SS/DoP - still shred but you're punished for going body.

Shotguns - Range increasers need to come down. I don't have an issue otherwise with shotties as they are short of that.

Snipers - I think body damage should come down. Sure I like to post hilarious close range clutch snipes but let's be honest here it's luck. I do think some kind of de-scope mechanism would be neat but it has to have some limits like a direct head on crit or something.

Special ammo - should probably get nerfed again

UR - AIDS. Jesus Christ, bungie

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I forget who pointed it out (one a you smart goons) but I think mobility is the issue with shotties just as much as impact/range is. I was just in a twilight gap game and was holding the bridge above B. Dude flies out above the containers in front of me, coming straight for me, and I put two bursts into his dome. As I'm firing the third he's above me and one taps me with UR. Just nothing you can do. If you turn and run you just put yourself in a CQC situation against the weapon that excels the most in that scenario. If you try to just straight kill him before he reaches you you're dead 50% of the time.

In other shotty news I just played a control game against a guy who was redbarred, had the player loading texture the entire map and would run through my wombo grenades like they didn't exist :allears:

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
After accidentally deleting my god rolled PC+1 a while ago, I've gotten a couple of good ones in the last two days. Which is more useful:

Rangefinder/reinforced barrel/Exhumed, no AggBalls (linear compensator is the only useable barrel option), or

Life support/reinforced barrel/replenish, with AggBalls.

I haven't had a chance to use the second, it literally dropped on my last game of the night. However, it feels like the difference wouldn't be too noticeable.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

They could make the UR exotic perk only work in pve perhaps

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Actually UR is cool and good

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Actually UR is cool and good

For me to poop on

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I'm saving exotic engrams for ROI but is it worth saving legendary engrams as well? Will they drop new gear or old (current) gear only?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I uploaded some old screenshots from year 1. Amazing how much (some) things have changed.

Remember this? It was a reference to this being an engram farming spot in the first month the game came out.

The "make the crucible portion of the thorn quest relatively easy" build

dat helmet

A good week - got this from Crota...

And this from Atheon a few days later

Goon team after beating Crota HM for the first time

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:
Thanks Ularg

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Man I'd forgotten all about the loot cave. I basically didn't play at all between HoW and two months ago and the only time I ever saw a purple engram during Y1 was while that exploit was still a thing.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

AppleCobbler posted:

Thanks Ularg

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Does soul rip proc on any energy drain or just the melee?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

AppleCobbler posted:

Thanks Ularg

Nostalgia is cool

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

actionjackson posted:

Does soul rip proc on any energy drain or just the melee?

I'm pretty sure you need your melee charged

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

OK. If you hit someone with a grenade and have embrace on and surge it will proc surge right?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Should. Someone else better chime in here because I'm about the last person to giving advice on Warlocks.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
Guys my Eyasluna has rangefinder for the first perk. In the second tree I can choose between hammer forged or rifled barrel. Which is better? Obviously I'll experiment with both, but I was wondering if anyone had some spreadsheet data?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Guys my Eyasluna has rangefinder for the first perk. In the second tree I can choose between hammer forged or rifled barrel. Which is better? Obviously I'll experiment with both, but I was wondering if anyone had some spreadsheet data?

I have to imagine Hammer Forged. Rifled Barrel halves your stability and the extra range you'd get instead of hammer forged would be rarely used as-is and hard to use because of the recoil.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

fennesz posted:

I have to imagine Hammer Forged. Rifled Barrel halves your stability and the extra range you'd get instead of hammer forged would be rarely used as-is and hard to use because of the recoil.

Hush my child.

Rifled barrel slows reload.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Hush my child.

Rifled barrel slows reload.

Goddamnit they all sound the loving same.

e: Reinforced Barrel. Rifled Barrel. Same goddamn thing. gently caress off Bungie.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
This scope adds accuracy
improves handling
reduced target acquisition

This scope affects stability
slight increase to stability
less precision

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
https://youtu.be/vLSRRi_dZBA

Bend over, I'm coming in

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm addicted to food and water

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
lmao what world is that game from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Destiny is like an exercise wheel for small animals.

Mikey-San posted:

Bend over, I'm going in dry

ftfy

• Locked thread