Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Well, they partially unfucked the fuckup. Mods seem okay-ish now (apart from being another credit sink, using cantina energy, precrafting and all that :v:) and could actually allow some customization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
OK night was pretty good. Seems nerfing by a factor of 10 was a good idea. Also tried the final Fantasy game shuts fun do we have a guild?

Also whales who are still quitting go whale of my brothers wife's game avengers alliance 2. (Kidding thought game is fun though and you should try it.)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I do think they've moved things in the right direction, although they do need to do more tweaking. For example, offensive stats are at about 10% what they used to be (good). Protection is something like 30% of what it used to be (bad). This will make defensive teams very strong moving forwards, which I guess could be good for the meta. I still think Anakin will be a beast in the new meta, if you feel like farming him.

I intend to request a partial crystal refund. At the time, the only way to stay competitive in arena was to spend everything I had on mods and level them as fast as I could. With their current strength, I would not have bought the additional 400 crystal refreshes, which works out to 1200 crystals. I would much rather have those crystals. We'll see what they respond with.

Be careful selling mods. I just sold off my mk1s, and realized afterwards that I sold a couple leveled mods. The game doesn't show what level the mods are from that screen. Useless UI.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
There is a IGD T7 raid up almost in p4

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Get yo anti-droid squads ready.

No idea why Anakin's lighsaber is purple.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 16, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Get yo anti-droid squads ready.

No idea why Anakin's lighsaber is purple.

Is this a raid or a jedi/clone event?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
It should be the next raid, according to datamining.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

It should be the next raid, according to datamining.

According to their trailer, yes, a raid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5CSyebsgpQ

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Should we merge the three guilds in to two?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

cowofwar posted:

Yes. QGJ needs help. All of a sudden we suck.

Spoz
May 25, 2006

I'll take a transfer to IGD. 914-756-451. Briefly caught the mod precrafting but humbug.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

cowofwar posted:

It would be real nice if we could make this happen, I posted the other day that QGJ gas 25-30 active players with another 5 or so that log in once or twice a week and putter around. Our t6 raids have slowed down rather than sped up.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Beep boop.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cool.

Fenris13 posted:

It would be real nice if we could make this happen, I posted the other day that QGJ gas 25-30 active players with another 5 or so that log in once or twice a week and putter around. Our t6 raids have slowed down rather than sped up.

IGD is still mostly active. We only have a couple extra spots. Seems like GGA and QGJ could probably combine at this point, although I don't know how many inactives GGA has atm (although we would find out pretty quick if all the actives left GGA for QGJ).

Spoz posted:

I'll take a transfer to IGD. 914-756-451. Briefly caught the mod precrafting but humbug.

Just added you as an ally.

e: This game is slightly less of a flaming dumpster, so I've restored the OP. I also wrote up a section on mods. Lemme know what you think.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

e: This game is slightly less of a flaming dumpster, so I've restored the OP. I also wrote up a section on mods. Lemme know what you think.

Looks good. Once the new Raid is out, I think we'll have a better idea of where the Mod system will be heading. It's going to bring Tier 6 with it, I assume?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I support combining Guilds, and will stay in QGJ as I creep toward 80 and start to TryHard in raids and stuff. Mods really pissed me off and I'm not quiiite over it, but I still think it's a fun game.

Spoz
May 25, 2006

Malgrin posted:

Cool.

IGD is still mostly active. We only have a couple extra spots. Seems like GGA and QGJ could probably combine at this point, although I don't know how many inactives GGA has atm (although we would find out pretty quick if all the actives left GGA for QGJ).

Just added you as an ally.

Sent the request to IGD as Mr Meeseeks

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
QGJ has 11 open spots with the possibility of more if needed.

If anyone needs an invite, my ally code is 912-827-926. IGN is Splat.

Help us, goons. You're our only hope.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
With the current state of the game is there a need for 3 groups?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Yea I hope that instead of some of the good players leaving QGJ, that some other good players will join us. We have a really solid core of players, but I don't think we've ever had full registration since guilds came out or full participation. I dunno what GGA's situation is, but depending on how many ppl are active in it a merge might be a good idea.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Also, I'm going to stop playing my alt, like level 51, gw every day, top 20ish arena. Anyone who wants to dink around on him can.

Cetea
Jun 14, 2013
Just started out in this game, and looking for goons to play with! Already shot Splat an ally invite, but if anyone needs mine it's 389-677-922.

P.S crappy level 45 account, be warned!

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010
GGA's pretty quiet now, wouldn't mind joining one of the other ones if there's space. Himalia Coven in the spreadsheet

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I invited one of you and sent an ally invite to the other. As soon as you accept that I'll send the guild invite.

As soon as you join feel free to request whatever piece of gear you need most, even if it's furnace stuff. I will always donate.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Multisim and being able to sim challenges has almost recovered all my good will for this game. It continues to be such an incredible QoL improvement.

shmeds717
Mar 30, 2005

Dr. Venture - sent an Ally invite as Shmeds. In GGA right now but will make the transfer to QGJ if there's still room. Thanks!

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
RIP dps Barris, you were to good for this game.

Working on the new jawas and thinking the scavenger is actually pretty good to slot in with the "low tier" scoundrels since he can detonate their detonators. Depending on how low the cool down is on that power it might be feasible to stack detonators on a guy and just have him blow him up in one shot. Also I wish there was one more jawa so I didn't have to slot Mr antidroid in there.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

shmeds717 posted:

Dr. Venture - sent an Ally invite as Shmeds. In GGA right now but will make the transfer to QGJ if there's still room. Thanks!

Added you as an ally, we still have plenty of room.

shmeds717
Mar 30, 2005

Dr. Venture posted:

Awesome, thanks! I'd like to finish the current GGA raid before I leave. If you could send a guild invite tonight, it should be finished by then.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
So I just unlocked Poggle and it popped up an offer to level him to 43 and gear 6 for $16. I've never seen that before. I don't really mind this, especially for harder to farm characters like Ewok Elder, but $16 and only to that level is a ripoff.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Inkel posted:

So I just unlocked Poggle and it popped up an offer to level him to 43 and gear 6 for $16. I've never seen that before. I don't really mind this, especially for harder to farm characters like Ewok Elder, but $16 and only to that level is a ripoff.

For £1 I might consider that but man, $16 is hilarious. I wonder if they get many people using it?

Also, level 43 is such a random amount. Why not 40? 50? 80?

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jul 17, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

iGestalt posted:

For £1 I might consider that but man, $16 is hilarious. I wonder if they get many people using it?

Also, level 43 is such a random amount. Why not 40? 50? 80?

Instead of something appealing to the customer its probably based on a specfic credit amount that the pain point devs found led to increased sales of crystals.

It only costs like 200k to level to 43 so i dont see how that deal is worth anything. Like lol not even g7.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I'm in QGJ and frankly I'm probably not strong enough to make the cut into one of the other guilds, but I've been an everyday guy for a while now. I'd love to see us grab some more people.

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

I'll switch over after the GGA raid is finished

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Does anyone from IGD that can 50% T7 P1want to move to QGJ and help them get T7 underway? I figure them getting T7 loot would be a good thing, and if they got two of our heavy hitters I think they could get there.

Downside: not in IGD anymore

Upside: you get to make top 2 every raid becauee P1.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Does anyone from IGD that can 50% T7 P1want to move to QGJ and help them get T7 underway? I figure them getting T7 loot would be a good thing, and if they got two of our heavy hitters I think they could get there.

Downside: not in IGD anymore

Upside: you get to make top 2 every raid becauee P1.

Do they have enough 7* guys to finish a t7?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

Do they have enough 7* guys to finish a t7?

They are clearing T6 in like 2-3 days. When my alt was in there, I saw they had quite a few pretty buff guys. Anyways, I thought it was worth considering.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I feel we've been doing worse post-mods as opposed to better. But I can't blame people for getting fed up with the all bullshit we were put through.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
loving finally got Jawa Engi to 7* man when they added Dengar to the guild store they really screwed me.

Also just unlocked Jawa Scavenger. Interesting that he has an ability which triggers all detonators...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Disco De Soto posted:

loving finally got Jawa Engi to 7* man when they added Dengar to the guild store they really screwed me.

Only thing I hate more than Rey is g10 droid teams with Jawa Engineer. That poo poo's total murder.