Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Typicallyi skills will use magicka until you level them to 4 and can morph them, then you get a stamina and magicka option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Sogol posted:

Regardless the answer to the lvl 25 question is absolutely yes it is worth getting training gear if you want to level faster.

I would not say the skills are particularly useful for leveling, save the Bats ULT maybe. Both the skills can be very useful for pvp though giving classes without a fear or easy access to major expedition access to both those things should they wish.

Thank you for this information.

If anygoon so experienced in Clothier would be willing to help, please friend me @Dr.Zaius and send a suit of level 25 armor my way. Thanks in advance. I will be collecting hide (12 so far) and emeralds (only 2) to supply. Also, if you have any special styles you can craft in, I have been collecting those materials, as well.

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 14, 2016

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

MF_James posted:

I'd say bagspace from mount is somewhat useful for leveling since you will be able to hold more stuff which turns into not having to find a merchant/go to town for a longer period.

Speed increase is great because you really zoom around at max level, expecially if you use the Assault tree's speedboost. I'd hit at least 30 in this right away since so much of the game is mounting up, charging off at max speed and then jumping off to grab a rune or chest.

Next most useful is stamina. It sucks getting dismounted by mobs or players, and its super easy at base stamina. Max stamina means your horse can gallop FOREVER (not really, but quite a while)

Bag space is useful but its definitely the last I'd put points into

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

Oh gently caress this, I just bought the goddamn game and now this?! :mad:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Alliance motifs for 5k crowns, lol.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Let me spend 5k crowns on the Akaviri motif ZoS, it can be our secret.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
Speaking of motifs anyone come across the mercenary chest motif? I can't find one on any auction house.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
SSD should arrive today, then I get to reinstall Windows and eso. I miss you guys. But I also have caught like 75 unique pokemon though I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do...

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
Impressions From Testing Stuff and Things on the PTS!

Various Maelstrom weapons are kinda cool but really specific. Greatswords and mauls get a DOT. Neat. Dual Wield makes DOTs insane after Rapid Strikes. This cannot be emphasized enough. +3k Weapon Dam to your next single-target DOT. Jesus tapdancing Christ. I don't look forward to trying to farm that poo poo, though.

Stam Sorc: I get why people like these. Zip, zip, zoooooommm. Too bad that nerf to Surge takes the spine out of the build and beats it to death with it. Still, some cool stuff here. Give back percentage-based heals and I'll roll one of these in a loving heartbeat.

Redguards are apparently dead and ruined because of a 2 second nerf. I'mma go ahead and say no, they aren't. I was getting back stam like crazy even at 5 seconds on Adrenaline Rush. Solo'd all but the final boss of Ruins of Mazzatun on a Redguard Stam Sorc and barely got in the danger zone for stam. Redguard is good. Really good.

Speaking of, Ruins is a really cool dungeon that is full of mechanics and stuff. I like it. It's actually pretty drat short, but in a way that feels good. If you were worried about IC-length overstays-the-gently caress-out-of-it's-welcome dungeons you won't find 'em here. Not sure about the other one who's name escapes me at the moment but I'd guess it has a similar length.

2 new monster sets! Wooo! Mighty Chudan is mediocre and boring but might be cool for off-tanking in medium or light armor. Velidreth is cool and good and kinda like a stam version of Skoria but with a really lovely non-homing proc. If poo poo is in front of you, though, it really, really dies. Dies hard. 18k crit on one of them. Not bad.

Finally, the Heem-Jas set: http://eso-fashion.com/heem-jas-retribution/. This is hilarious fun, especially when combined with Hunding's so you can just Crit Charge around and kill the everloving poo poo outta stuff. With Major Brutality up I was getting 35k+ crits on Wrecking Blow and 22-28k Executioners. I want this set yesterday. Also, the Xit-Xaht style is cool as hell in a "what if Native Americans found out about classic Roman armor and put their own twist on it?" Or Mayan maybe? I dunno but it's good. You'll like it.

I'll probably write some more stuff and things later about stuff and things I stupidly do on the PTS. Feel free to request stupid crap for me to try!

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
I played this game for about a month at launch at it didn't grab me, but I'm giving it another shot after a friend of mine talked about how much better it was. Could I get a guild invite to @Wovo?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
For what it's worth, I absolutely hated this game when I played the beta. Love it now. It's the first theme park MMO I've actually enjoyed since the original Guild Wars and Everquest.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Impressions From Testing Stuff and Things on the PTS!

Various Maelstrom weapons are kinda cool but really specific. Greatswords and mauls get a DOT. Neat. Dual Wield makes DOTs insane after Rapid Strikes. This cannot be emphasized enough. +3k Weapon Dam to your next single-target DOT. Jesus tapdancing Christ. I don't look forward to trying to farm that poo poo, though.

Stam Sorc: I get why people like these. Zip, zip, zoooooommm. Too bad that nerf to Surge takes the spine out of the build and beats it to death with it. Still, some cool stuff here. Give back percentage-based heals and I'll roll one of these in a loving heartbeat.

Redguards are apparently dead and ruined because of a 2 second nerf. I'mma go ahead and say no, they aren't. I was getting back stam like crazy even at 5 seconds on Adrenaline Rush. Solo'd all but the final boss of Ruins of Mazzatun on a Redguard Stam Sorc and barely got in the danger zone for stam. Redguard is good. Really good.

Speaking of, Ruins is a really cool dungeon that is full of mechanics and stuff. I like it. It's actually pretty drat short, but in a way that feels good. If you were worried about IC-length overstays-the-gently caress-out-of-it's-welcome dungeons you won't find 'em here. Not sure about the other one who's name escapes me at the moment but I'd guess it has a similar length.

2 new monster sets! Wooo! Mighty Chudan is mediocre and boring but might be cool for off-tanking in medium or light armor. Velidreth is cool and good and kinda like a stam version of Skoria but with a really lovely non-homing proc. If poo poo is in front of you, though, it really, really dies. Dies hard. 18k crit on one of them. Not bad.

Finally, the Heem-Jas set: http://eso-fashion.com/heem-jas-retribution/. This is hilarious fun, especially when combined with Hunding's so you can just Crit Charge around and kill the everloving poo poo outta stuff. With Major Brutality up I was getting 35k+ crits on Wrecking Blow and 22-28k Executioners. I want this set yesterday. Also, the Xit-Xaht style is cool as hell in a "what if Native Americans found out about classic Roman armor and put their own twist on it?" Or Mayan maybe? I dunno but it's good. You'll like it.

I'll probably write some more stuff and things later about stuff and things I stupidly do on the PTS. Feel free to request stupid crap for me to try!

But enough sperging out about PvE, what about Town Capture?

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

are there any decent builds or skillsets i should be using as a midlevel magsorc for <50 PVP? ive been doing decent picking people off low on health but in general still get hosed up 1v1 basically every time

every build i see relies on crazy endgame armor sets which obviously doesn't work out for me

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Scyantific posted:

But enough sperging out about PvE, what about Town Capture?

Forgot to write about this! Town Capture is great (probably)!

There are 3 flags in each one that are all at different points around the center. Gotta cap 'em all to take the town. This is a good thing. I could see lots of cat-and-mouse or strategic group play happening based on that. Also, I found that solo capping is gonna be tough due to guard respawn times and the fact that they reset the capture of their particular flag. Overall, these thing are gonna flip on the reg due to the setup but I could see people loving the hell out of the style. It was cool and fun.

Now, the downsides. As far as I can tell, the only real upside to having your faction hold one of these is that it's another respawn point. That's it. No bonuses like keep or scroll buffs or anything like that. They are honestly just another thing that is there and nothing more than that.

Another downside is the setup of the towns will make it a loving nightmare to deal with the ring-around-the-rocky fucks. So much debris. So many walkways and walls and blah blah blah.

AND NOW FOR THE loving :master:

:getin::syoon::siren:NEW VENDORS!!!:siren::syoon::getin:
Each town has a Specialized Gear vendor. Cropsford carries Light armor and related jewelry and weapons, Bruma has Medium and Vlastarus Heavy. Each armor set piece is RNGesus'd but at least they are clearly marked as part of that set i.e. "Unfathomable Morag Tong Armor". All boxes are Purple quality (yes, jewelry is purple, too!) and cost 50k AP. So now instead of hoping again and again that the Elite Gear vendor will finally not poo poo out Decisive Restoration Staff of Beckoning Steel, you can specifically choose which set you want and then hope you get the right trait. There are A LOT OF SETS. All the sets. This is really drat cool and I wish they had done it sooner.

Overall this is a cool and good addition and I hope they do a little more with it to make it worthwhile to grab these towns. Other than that, A+ would run in circles again.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
ok, now scyantific tell us how it's all bad worthless garbage and ZOS is trying to kill this dead gay game so that the thread may be complete

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Huh... The town capture sounds cool and might sort of replace forward camps in some cases? Do you have to control the town to use the vendors? Are the vendors placed right in the pvp zone? That would be amusing. Vendors sound highly desirable, but you can get ganked getting to them, to use them, etc. so you actually need to control the area, etc. Are the dynamics of the towns linked to the vendors in any way?

There is currently a weird dynamic in IC. When you turn in key fragments (e.g. Monstrous Teeth, Bone Shards, etc.) the motif for the RNG gear you get is determined by which faction currently owns the district in which the vault is located. Doesn't matter what faction you are. I wonder if the town vendors will be like that as well?

So... In addition to saving undaunted keys (at which I have totally failed), sounds like build up your AP bankroll for the update (at which I am also more or less failing).

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I presume at least someone else here has experienced this problem of mine, and managed to solve it. Tried to login last week, computer not authorized - been the same ever since, with no access codes received. Am I screwed and only plausible solution left after firewall etc is complete re-install?

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Sogol posted:

Huh... The town capture sounds cool and might sort of replace forward camps in some cases? Do you have to control the town to use the vendors? Are the vendors placed right in the pvp zone? That would be amusing. Vendors sound highly desirable, but you can get ganked getting to them, to use them, etc. so you actually need to control the area, etc. Are the dynamics of the towns linked to the vendors in any way?

There is currently a weird dynamic in IC. When you turn in key fragments (e.g. Monstrous Teeth, Bone Shards, etc.) the motif for the RNG gear you get is determined by which faction currently owns the district in which the vault is located. Doesn't matter what faction you are. I wonder if the town vendors will be like that as well?

So... In addition to saving undaunted keys (at which I have totally failed), sounds like build up your AP bankroll for the update (at which I am also more or less failing).

Certain people have been discussing that very idea (the FC thing). Notable YouTube ESO guy Alcast mentioned he would like to see town cap directly influence respawn times on FCs. I agree, that would be a cool idea and an incentive to actually capture towns.

Also lol yes, at least in Bruma, the vendors are like 20 feet from the one flag. And yeah, like Siege Merchants at resources, they are faction dependant i.e. they'll attack you if you ain't rockin' the same colors.

No idea about the last part as I didn't realize that was a thing in IC but drat does it make sense given ZOS' track record with that sort of thing.

And yeah I'mma bank dat AP like nobody's business to get some Ravager's and Morag Tong.

Boss Bee
Oct 25, 2005
Been enjoying this game so far, would like to play with others, can I get an invite @theories311

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Stream-sniped our favorite streaming sperglord tonight.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Here have a tankplar PvP build

I'll explain the specifics when I'm not half-asleep.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Is there any site that collects and rates builds?

No.Mercy
Oct 4, 2011

GuyUpNorth posted:

I presume at least someone else here has experienced this problem of mine, and managed to solve it. Tried to login last week, computer not authorized - been the same ever since, with no access codes received. Am I screwed and only plausible solution left after firewall etc is complete re-install?

I feel like this might be stupid to suggest, but, have you tried resending the code? I think the first time I did it on this computer it took like a solid half hour for me to get the code. Sometimes their servers are really slow about sending that stuff. Also are you sure your on the right email? Might wanna log into the website account manager and check. Also something that requires an access code however.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'll just finish off the main quest to level that skill line, shouldn't take too long!

NINE HOURS OF TALKING LATER.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Orv posted:

I'll just finish off the main quest to level that skill line, shouldn't take too long!

NINE HOURS OF TALKING LATER.

It doesn't help you right now, but Soul Assault is really good on a magplar. Over 80k tooltip damage good. I use it to take out people in PvP who are clearly better than I am.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

So I just signed up for ESO Plus and now have some crowns sitting around. What things from the crown store are actually worth buying?

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?
Just bought this one a whim, can I get an invite? @gnumonic

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Can the Crown Shop EXP scrolls stack with the training gear xp boost? If so, is there anything else worth grabbing for exp boosts? (I have the 10% from the subscriber bonus too)

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Nigulus Rex posted:

Can the Crown Shop EXP scrolls stack with the training gear xp boost? If so, is there anything else worth grabbing for exp boosts? (I have the 10% from the subscriber bonus too)
I believe that they do stack, but unless you don't want to be fed exp potions by our multibillionaires, I'd wait until they are on sale or as part of a pack.

As to what to buy or not with Crowns, costumes, mounts, pets and the Explorer Pack are a good use for Crowns; everything else should be avoided including crafting motifs and especially vampire/were bites.
Also reports are that the assistants are really underwhelming for how expensive they are.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

Zelmel posted:

So I just signed up for ESO Plus and now have some crowns sitting around. What things from the crown store are actually worth buying?

I don't know if there's a right answer for this, but I plan to hoard mine and buy off the DLC that way. Of course I would get this game about three weeks before they announced the Gold Edition. Of course.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

atomicgeek posted:

I don't know if there's a right answer for this, but I plan to hoard mine and buy off the DLC that way.

This was what I was doing as well. Having a subscription and using the free crowns to purchase the DLC. However, the crafting bag that you get from being subbed is such a game-changer, that I feel I'm going to stay subbed until I no longer play the game.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

Aramek posted:

This was what I was doing as well. Having a subscription and using the free crowns to purchase the DLC. However, the crafting bag that you get from being subbed is such a game-changer, that I feel I'm going to stay subbed until I no longer play the game.

The crafting bag is probably the best change the game has seen.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Yeah man. With housing and One Tamriel on the horizon, I'm super stoked. Game balance comes and goes as we all chase the meta, but damned if the game isn't better than it's ever been.

My optimism has nothing to do with I finally got my Magplar to max level and he does crazy dps and is really easy to play.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Alright someone who wrote quests had a good time.

"That's impossible, Estre doesn't even know magic..."

*Giant swirling portal escape directly behind her*

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Orv posted:

Alright someone who wrote quests had a good time.

"That's impossible, Estre doesn't even know magic..."

*Giant swirling portal escape directly behind her*
There are quite a few quests even in the base areas that show that some of the writers did indeed have some fun coming up with the dialogue.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

The one that sticks out in my mind is one of the super early AD quests wherein a khajiit is threatening his lazy pet tigers, by name, with turning them into rugs. :3:

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
God I wish I could buy the crafting bag for like 5000 crowns or whatever. It sucks being leveled, having all the DLC but having no alternative for that.

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
Looking to pick up this game. Is there an active goon presence? Tamriel One (One Tamriel?) sounds interesting. I'm interested in PvP, too. I heard that grouping up to do quests and such is broken as gently caress, but I also heard this from a YouTube video that was released in late 2014, so I guess that could have been fixed? Are there any significant imbalances or deeply annoying game mechanics that will make a casual player want to quit forever and go cry into a bowl of chili?

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

SoUncool posted:

Looking to pick up this game. Is there an active goon presence? Tamriel One (One Tamriel?) sounds interesting. I'm interested in PvP, too. I heard that grouping up to do quests and such is broken as gently caress, but I also heard this from a YouTube video that was released in late 2014, so I guess that could have been fixed? Are there any significant imbalances or deeply annoying game mechanics that will make a casual player want to quit forever and go cry into a bowl of chili?

There's definitely an active goon presence. I'm a new player, so I don't know about end game balance or anything, but leveling so far I haven't seen anything super annoying (beyond it feeling a little slow leveling at times).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

SoUncool posted:

There were some serious bugs with the phasing mechanics back around launch that made questing in a group painful. As far as I know most if not all of those issues have been resolved. I can't think of any imbalances or game mechanics that would bother a casual player. ESO has replaced LOTRO and GW2 as my casual MMO of choice where I always keep it active and just enjoy running around the world and playing the different builds, so for a casual player I think it is pretty great. Can't speak for the min/max end game type stuff but some of the other goons are more active in those areas.

Speaking of endgame pvp, of Magblade, Stamplar or DK which would be most useful running around in PVP with goons. Was thinking about giving that a try since I haven't really done much pvp since he initial launch month.

• Locked thread