Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's gonna win SFV
This poll is closed.
Infiltration 31 26.96%
Xian 1 0.87%
Tokido 12 10.43%
Harry "Virtua Fighter" Potter 5 4.35%
Diego 6 5.22%
JWong 6 5.22%
Sonicfox 10 8.70%
Lepper Marn 10 8.70%
When's Pokken 34 29.57%
Total: 115 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nakamura is sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
MILLIA THRIVES ON DANGER

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Did Zato-1 used to be called something else? I only played like XX but he looks familiar.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
ogawa = free

That was pretty goddamn impressive from Nakamura there, ruthless rushdown mixups.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i care so much about winning arguments about fighting games on the internet

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Swagger Dagger posted:

Did Zato-1 used to be called something else? I only played like XX but he looks familiar.

Eddie.

IDOLA
Sep 17, 2005

:-)
Meanwhile Ogawa gets murdered.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Swagger Dagger posted:

Eddie.

Umm eddie is the shadow and zato-1 is the guy.

The guy died in xx and the shadow took over and now in xrd the man is alive again.

Don't ask.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I don't think you're trolling with it, I think you use it in 50% of your posts so it's easy to associate with you.

Also, a segment of the posters here get mad when they aren't taken seriously, and then I tried to seriously and nicely respond and they're getting mad again. Decide what you want, but I'll stay out of it because it isn't worth it and watching Revelator is way more fun.

That's fair, either way I think people just need to chill and enjoy the streams. I will admit that Xrd was hard to follow when I initially started watching it because it does feel like there's a lot going on, but once you get past that it's a really beautiful game.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

cams posted:

i care so much about winning arguments about fighting games on the internet

well you do keep posting about it so

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
that millia forgot to get up and walk away

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Swagger Dagger posted:

Eddie is bound to Zato in exchange for his eyes

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

bhsman posted:

That's fair, either way I think people just need to chill and enjoy the streams. I will admit that Xrd was hard to follow when I initially started watching it because it does feel like there's a lot going on, but once you get past that it's a really beautiful game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68JQtxTzjqc&hd=1

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Eddie is bound to Zato in exchange for his eyes

Fair trade.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

bhsman posted:

I don't mean to but in, but if it means anything, I enjoy both yours and ShadowNinja64's posts and don't really find them to be "trolling" or "aggressive".

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Lessail posted:

well you do keep posting about it so
yeah cause it's so loving hype. that loving noob dias is gonna be eating his poo poo off the loving ground when the same people who always do this are done with him.

HE WILL KNOW HIS ERROR

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

:kimchi:

punk rebel ecks posted:

I don't mean to but in, but if it means anything, I enjoy both yours and ShadowNinja64's posts and don't really find them to be "trolling" or "aggressive".

No worries. :)

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

SectumSempra posted:

Eddie.

Umm eddie is the shadow and zato-1 is the guy.

The guy died in xx and the shadow took over and now in xrd the man is alive again.

Don't ask.

The reason this happened is because Zato-1's voice actor died so they "retired" the character too

cams
Mar 28, 2003

kazunoko's raven is so pretty, give it a tv sitcom with a fat comedian playing its husband

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

fly

die

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

cams posted:

yeah cause it's so loving hype. that loving noob dias is gonna be eating his poo poo off the loving ground when the same people who always do this are done with him.

HE WILL KNOW HIS ERROR

Heh, I'm actually enjoying that, I'm sorry for fuckin' up the thread tho.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

cams posted:

kazunoko's raven is so pretty, give it a tv sitcom with a fat comedian playing its husband

This feels like I Love Lucy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
LESGO JOHNNY

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Do combos off blitz have any damage penalty?

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

SectumSempra posted:

Do combos off blitz have any damage penalty?

It reduces risc a fair amount but doesn't otherwise prorate

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Reminder that if you want to hear the crowd and for some reason you are alergic to the current commentators, you can switch to the Japanese stream.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kazunoko has no idea what that gauge is for

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

neither do i

what the gently caress is that gauge

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Well yeah 5000 of the bits so far have been by the staff member in chat lol.

Also all the mileage they are getting out of raven without any stance change what-so-ever is making the future of that character look interesting.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Real hurthling! posted:

Kazunoko has no idea what that gauge is for

What IS it for

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

bad metaphors posted:

It reduces risc a fair amount but doesn't otherwise prorate

Interesting. ty. I play and use them and I've never really paid it much attention.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Reminder that if you want to hear the crowd and for some reason you are alergic to the current commentators, you can switch to the Japanese stream.

The superior stream IMHO.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Captain Invictus posted:

What IS it for

His 214H is a damage absorb that fills it, it powers up his command throws and at least one of his supers.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

What IS it for

if stomp on ravens balls he can combo off his command grab

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
how did kazu gently caress that up :psyduck:

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Any time a Guilty Gear player wants to talk to you about animation or keyframes just remind them of Milia's Dust attack.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

omito is beautiful

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

poo poo that's the first time I've heard the crowd react to something all day

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
LET'S GO OMITO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU