Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

It's going to be that except I'm going to flip through the surface of a planet, but then take screenshots of a thargoid settlement from below, which Frontier will insist is a glitch because their game stuck me under the surface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Panch posted:

It's going to be that except I'm going to flip through the surface of a planet, but then take screenshots of a thargoid settlement from below, which Frontier will insist is a glitch because their game stuck me under the surface.

Then you'll get banned for exploiting.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Royal W posted:

Then you'll get banned for exploiting.

I'm almost mad how on point that is.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Is it possible to make a usable+fast courier with the new thrusters? Iggle doesn't have the internals to do anything but combat, and courier seems awfully slow even with the super 3A thrusters.

Or am I just better off sticking with a clipper? Seems like it's still the fastest multipurpose ship that actually still goes fast when it has any decent gear mounted on.

Truga fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jul 16, 2016

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

Is it possible to make a usable+fast courier with the new thrusters? Iggle doesn't have the internals to do anything but combat, and courier seems awfully slow even with the super 3A thrusters.

Or am I just better off sticking with a clipper? Seems like it's still the fastest multipurpose ship that actually still goes fast when it has any decent gear mounted on.

I think the Imperial Courier is too heavy for the super-thrusters to work. At least that's what Coriolis is telling me: A super-3A makes the ship actually slower then a normal 3A. But I guess with some tuning you could still get the speed you need.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yes, it's making it just barely faster in game. Coriolis is a bit weird, it also says super 3A takes less power instead of more for some reason. Probably incorrect data? Anyway, there's definitely a slight boost in top speed, but it's very low with a fully kitted out ship.

Getting it to go real fast takes a whole lot of stripping and D grading modules. This with lightweight armour. I really want to like the courier, because it's nice and small and has just enough internals for basic multipurpose needs, and huge amounts of shield. But I can't get it to go fast enough for my tastes, without stripping almost everything down. Which kinda defeats the multipurpose idea.

I guess I'll buy a clipper again and also kit out an iggle for when I want to go dumb fast. I'm not liking the python at all, and courier looks like a dead end right now. Shame about the shields on a clipper but oh well.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
'ey, can I get a quick rec for what engineer to start with? I mostly want FSD upgrades, about to dump my Dropship to back to an AspE cause I'm fkin tired of staring at witchspace. Mostly want to putz around with a Rift doing different mission stuff to build rep/cash in a multipurpose ship. Plan for now is to see what CGs are going on and check out Shu Babass and/or Ceos and Sothos.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

teh_Broseph posted:

'ey, can I get a quick rec for what engineer to start with? I mostly want FSD upgrades, about to dump my Dropship to back to an AspE cause I'm fkin tired of staring at witchspace. Mostly want to putz around with a Rift doing different mission stuff to build rep/cash in a multipurpose ship. Plan for now is to see what CGs are going on and check out Shu Babass and/or Ceos and Sothos.

I suggest Elivra Martuuk for FSDs and Shields and she unlocks Marco Qwent (Power Plant 4, Power Distributor 3), who in turn unlocks Palin and his lv. 5 thrusters.

For weapons you need at least another starter-engineer, though: Either the Dweller for lasers, Liz Ryder for missiles and mines or McQuinn for kinetci weapons. If you love plasma, you can simplify things because the plasma (he also has fragments and multis)guy, Zacariah Nemo, is another dude you get unlocked by Martuuk.

Lv. 5 shields are a bit trickier, since that guy is unlocked (Cheung) by Liz Ryder, so if you don't like missiles, this can be a bit grindy.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Awesome, bookmarked that. Thank ya!

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
You can make a crazy fast Courier with the enhanced 3A thrusters. Just keep the weight down on other things.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Libluini posted:

I suggest Elivra Martuuk for FSDs and Shields and she unlocks Marco Qwent (Power Plant 4, Power Distributor 3), who in turn unlocks Palin and his lv. 5 thrusters.

For weapons you need at least another starter-engineer, though: Either the Dweller for lasers, Liz Ryder for missiles and mines or McQuinn for kinetci weapons. If you love plasma, you can simplify things because the plasma (he also has fragments and multis)guy, Zacariah Nemo, is another dude you get unlocked by Martuuk.

Lv. 5 shields are a bit trickier, since that guy is unlocked (Cheung) by Liz Ryder, so if you don't like missiles, this can be a bit grindy.

Marco Qwent is the biggest grind in the game, so be warned.

-You need to get Elvira to level 4, which is a grind but fine because you want the FSD upgrades anyway.
-You need to go get a Sirius permit, which either means a lot of missions or fighting in a Nav Beacon until your eyes fall out (or travelling across the galaxy for a REZ)
-You need to get the Engineer permit from Sirius, which is not a big deal but some people complain that the RNG makes it take forever
-You need to find 25 modular terminals and hand them in to Marco. YMMV but for me modular terminals are the most rare item in the galaxy. I've found more Unknown Artefacts than modular terminals.

And this is all for Marco who isn't the best at anything, but he unlocks Palin who gives you the grade 5 drives upgrade.

Honestly, this is my favorite game and I love it, but planning it all out makes me want to never play.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Is there some heat mechanic I don't know about while in planetary flight?

While drunk last night I started my journey out to Eta Carinae, everything went 100% fine and even though I logged in thinking "oh god where am I" I found my clipper nicely parked on a .6 g planet with no damage! Good job drunk me.

I derped around on the planet's surface for a bit, visually scanning the ground. All of a sudden I'm getting tons of heat warnings and my heat is jumping over 110%, I flail to remember what my heat sink button is, then low wake back to the cold safety of space.

AFMUs brought everything back (other than life support at 98% which I don't want to disable for obvious reasons) but why did this happen?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Turning on a planet can cook you real fast, especially in a clipper, which is already a very heavy ship, and manoeuvrable to boot.

The easiest way to reproduce this is to go real fast towards the ground, then slowly keep pulling back up towards the sky. You'll see yourself getting cooked pretty much instantly.

The easiest way to get rid of heat quick is to either dive, or, even quicker, simply turn FA off and set throttle to zero. Both aren't really an option if you're flying very low though, especially on high G planets (where you're far more prone to getting cooked), so keep that in mind. :v:

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Truga posted:

Turning on a planet can cook you real fast, especially in a clipper, which is already a very heavy ship, and manoeuvrable to boot.

The easiest way to reproduce this is to go real fast towards the ground, then slowly keep pulling back up towards the sky. You'll see yourself getting cooked pretty much instantly.

The easiest way to get rid of heat quick is to either dive, or, even quicker, simply turn FA off and set throttle to zero. Both aren't really an option if you're flying very low though, especially on high G planets (where you're far more prone to getting cooked), so keep that in mind. :v:

That makes sense- I was losing altitude and quickly turned, then panicked and did all sorts of things once I got warnings (which made it worse.) Never knew thrusters could cook you! Good to know.

I consider this trip a shakedown and prep for a larger grand tour later anyway, not that anything is damaged. This will be enough exploration data to feed to Farseer to unlock Rank 5 FSD upgrades.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I've never really concentrated on the rep grind before -- when the panel shows me at 100% to my next rank, should I stop and board scum for the advancement mission? Or will continuing to do missions rollover into my next rank and I can just wait until I hit it at random?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Rep will rollover, but you should do your advancement mission anyway, because I have no idea if rep will roll over for more than a single rank.

Also, if you're in HIP numbers grinding imperial ranks, there's often missions that ask you to go from planet to the station above it for rank ups, you can finish those in about 2 minutes.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Truga posted:

Rep will rollover, but you should do your advancement mission anyway, because I have no idea if rep will roll over for more than a single rank.

Also, if you're in HIP numbers grinding imperial ranks, there's often missions that ask you to go from planet to the station above it for rank ups, you can finish those in about 2 minutes.

Oh I'll do the advancement mission as soon as I see it, but sometimes it doesn't pop up for a little bit.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mike the TV posted:

Marco Qwent is the biggest grind in the game, so be warned.

-You need to get Elvira to level 4, which is a grind but fine because you want the FSD upgrades anyway.
-You need to go get a Sirius permit, which either means a lot of missions or fighting in a Nav Beacon until your eyes fall out (or travelling across the galaxy for a REZ)
-You need to get the Engineer permit from Sirius, which is not a big deal but some people complain that the RNG makes it take forever
-You need to find 25 modular terminals and hand them in to Marco. YMMV but for me modular terminals are the most rare item in the galaxy. I've found more Unknown Artefacts than modular terminals.

And this is all for Marco who isn't the best at anything, but he unlocks Palin who gives you the grade 5 drives upgrade.

Honestly, this is my favorite game and I love it, but planning it all out makes me want to never play.

If you're an explorer, this is easy mode. On my first visit to Elvira I dropped 1-2 million credits in exploration data and immediately jumped to lv. 3. One single lv. 3 FSD-upgrade later and I was at level 4.

I got the Sirius permit by dropping a lot of exploration data on stations owned by the relevant factions simply because I was using the Sirius Corporation as a staging ground for expeditions for a while. I never did a single mission or visited a single nav beacon during that time.

Modular terminals drop from ships and sometimes you get a bunch from missions. I think there are some places where you can buy them, but it's been some time since I needed some, Inara says "nope" and I really didn't care enough to write this poo poo down, so I may be wrong here. :shrug:

Getting engineering permits are the devil, however. Getting the permit for Qwent took me what felt like two dozen re-logs. :argh:

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Man, when you really get out there the scale really is crushing (in an awesome way). I feel like I haven't done anything but waste the entire weekend playing Elite and this is as far as I got to the Statue of Liberty nebula, which is 'close' to the bubble.

Should get there soon at least!

Somewhat related, are there any in-character/lore 'exploration' diaries or series that are interesting? I ask because I am feeling somewhat creative and thinking about putting something together. I suppose the best platform would be youtube but I have no previous skill in voice acting or video editing - Not that I would hope such a pet project would be the next pewdiepie, just don't want to put effort into something that turns out embarrassing. Might just start writing up some little logs on Inara and seeing if the creative spark stays with me or I get bored and quit.

Any examples or advice in that area?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Panch posted:

Man, when you really get out there the scale really is crushing (in an awesome way). I feel like I haven't done anything but waste the entire weekend playing Elite and this is as far as I got to the Statue of Liberty nebula, which is 'close' to the bubble.

Should get there soon at least!

Somewhat related, are there any in-character/lore 'exploration' diaries or series that are interesting? I ask because I am feeling somewhat creative and thinking about putting something together. I suppose the best platform would be youtube but I have no previous skill in voice acting or video editing - Not that I would hope such a pet project would be the next pewdiepie, just don't want to put effort into something that turns out embarrassing. Might just start writing up some little logs on Inara and seeing if the creative spark stays with me or I get bored and quit.

Any examples or advice in that area?

Yeah, space is big. I am about 3.5kly from the bubble and everything feels so close for the first time in months. I'm finally back in the explored spaces, where about half of the main sequence stars I jump to have been scouted!

Inara has lots of log books, and the *ahem* FD forums have a fair bit of material and stuff for the Fuel Rats, if that's you're lost in the black:
http://inara.cz/galaxy-logbooks
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php/117-Elite-Exploration

There are a bunch of youtube videos from Distant Worlds, the big community exploration that went to the far rim, a youtube search will give you plenty of results! If you're worried about being too goony on video, a lot of videos do well with text narration for Elite. Isinona, in particular, comes to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Isinona/videos

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Yeah, space is big. I am about 3.5kly from the bubble and everything feels so close for the first time in months. I'm finally back in the explored spaces, where about half of the main sequence stars I jump to have been scouted!

Inara has lots of log books, and the *ahem* FD forums have a fair bit of material and stuff for the Fuel Rats, if that's you're lost in the black:
http://inara.cz/galaxy-logbooks
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php/117-Elite-Exploration

There are a bunch of youtube videos from Distant Worlds, the big community exploration that went to the far rim, a youtube search will give you plenty of results! If you're worried about being too goony on video, a lot of videos do well with text narration for Elite. Isinona, in particular, comes to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Isinona/videos

Thanks, will check those out and see how I view my own idea after seeing related content. I have stayed miles away from the Frontier forums so I had no idea what's over there.

Not sure if my idea would work with text-over-videos: I want to basically make up little anecdotes over a trip - Think the Martin sheen monologues about Kurtz in Apoc now. Relate it to my exploration (and try to keep it relevant to the current barnacle hunt/Impending war). Throw in "slice of life" bits about what it would be like living alone as an explorer kLy away from anyone else, dealing with problems or anomalies in equipment. Obviously a lot of that would just be made up.

I don't think that would translate as well with text but I am probably too goony to make it with quality. Who knows.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

For surface prospecting, does every planet potentially have every element, or does it have a set amount that will spawn? I'm trying to find arsenic and I'm getting frustrated.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kramjacks posted:

For surface prospecting, does every planet potentially have every element, or does it have a set amount that will spawn? I'm trying to find arsenic and I'm getting frustrated.

Frontier has said they want to include a way to know what elements you can find on a planet by looking at it with your detailed surface scanner. So if you don't want to spam-log mission boards until you get a mission rewarding you with Arsenic (because :lol: running around blind on a planet seeking one specific material), you'll have to wait for the next update.

timn
Mar 16, 2010
There is a Google docs spreadsheet with recordings of what materials people have found on what planets. I've found it extremely helpful in tracking down specific materials for engineer upgrades. Note that level 4 and 5 materials can still be a total pain in the rear end to find even when you have the right planet for them.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Playing around with ship builds on Coriolis makes me a little frustrated - Did a dev really want to fly the anaconda? It excels in what seems like 100% of possible categories. Granted I don't do a whole lot of combat so I don't know the nuances there, but it can haul more with better maneuverability than anything but the cutter, which it destroys in range. Basically, why does it get everything and then randomly 41ly range?

I'm a little butt hurt because I was playing around with a cutter to make a long hauler/Jacques station cargo build, and with similar cargo space and almost exactly the same utility, there is a gigantic difference in laden range. (~20 vs ~25, but that makes a significant difference when you factor in the engineer mods)

I get maybe this argument should be that the cutter just isn't that role, but there really isn't any options other than anaconda at that level.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
"Hurrr the devs all play fly druids Anacondas."
:goonsay:

The Cutter can haul twice as much and the Corvette is a much better fighter. The only thing the Anaconda has going for it is jump range.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Nicetalga4Meltdown posted:

"Hurrr the devs all play fly druids Anacondas."
:goonsay:

The Cutter can haul twice as much and the Corvette is a much better fighter. The only thing the Anaconda has going for it is jump range.

I just wanted to believe I could make a cutter into a long hauler because God drat if the Gutamaya ships aren't the best looking. I guess you're right but don't get in the way of my meltdown.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Panch posted:

Thanks, will check those out and see how I view my own idea after seeing related content. I have stayed miles away from the Frontier forums so I had no idea what's over there.

Not sure if my idea would work with text-over-videos: I want to basically make up little anecdotes over a trip - Think the Martin sheen monologues about Kurtz in Apoc now. Relate it to my exploration (and try to keep it relevant to the current barnacle hunt/Impending war). Throw in "slice of life" bits about what it would be like living alone as an explorer kLy away from anyone else, dealing with problems or anomalies in equipment. Obviously a lot of that would just be made up.

I don't think that would translate as well with text but I am probably too goony to make it with quality. Who knows.

This is the guy I was thinking of earlier and was too lazy to find, but I think does the closest to what you describe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fWZggErl4g

But, for me, I prefer Isinona because he does use text instead of actual narration. For all I know, Isinona is some 13 year old from Paraguay with a nasal voice, but I read the text in my own head-voice so I don't think about it. Josh there, I just hear his voice, which has a certain radio quality to it, but I just don't like his inflection for some reason. YMMV.

Scott Manley is another youtube personality, but his style is more scientific/educational, rather than the in-universe style I think you are going for: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYu7z3I8tdEnye22pxwFp2QogI9t76mCN

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Panch posted:

Playing around with ship builds on Coriolis makes me a little frustrated - Did a dev really want to fly the anaconda? It excels in what seems like 100% of possible categories. Granted I don't do a whole lot of combat so I don't know the nuances there, but it can haul more with better maneuverability than anything but the cutter, which it destroys in range. Basically, why does it get everything and then randomly 41ly range?

I'm a little butt hurt because I was playing around with a cutter to make a long hauler/Jacques station cargo build, and with similar cargo space and almost exactly the same utility, there is a gigantic difference in laden range. (~20 vs ~25, but that makes a significant difference when you factor in the engineer mods)

I get maybe this argument should be that the cutter just isn't that role, but there really isn't any options other than anaconda at that level.

Anacondas were previously The Best End Tier Ship until the Cutters/Corvettes came out, so they probably got a little comparatively overbuffed.

Of course, also worth noting is that FDev feels like they're very much of the "throw thing at wall, see if it sticks" school of development, so they probably kitted something out with A-class mirrored hulls, tweaked the base mass/FSD rank so that it had a reasonable jump distance as a combat ship, and then got surprised when someone D-ranked everything and jumped halfway across the galaxy.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

This is the guy I was thinking of earlier and was too lazy to find, but I think does the closest to what you describe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fWZggErl4g

But, for me, I prefer Isinona because he does use text instead of actual narration. For all I know, Isinona is some 13 year old from Paraguay with a nasal voice, but I read the text in my own head-voice so I don't think about it. Josh there, I just hear his voice, which has a certain radio quality to it, but I just don't like his inflection for some reason. YMMV.

Scott Manley is another youtube personality, but his style is more scientific/educational, rather than the in-universe style I think you are going for: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYu7z3I8tdEnye22pxwFp2QogI9t76mCN

Josh Hawkins' video is pretty close to what I'm inspired to do but I do see what you mean. He's not bad by any stretch, but the video is a little strange. I guess maybe because it has to be almost podcast like since there isn't much to really film in Elite besides cool space and planetary features or angles of your ship.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Upside of engineers is that I got a explorer-fitted Clipper above 30Ly jump range. :toot:

Also the 7A scoop is hilariously fast.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Uncovered another Border Coalition video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5lipOhLJEs

I actually kind of like this one.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Upside of engineers is that I got a explorer-fitted Clipper above 30Ly jump range. :toot:

Also the 7A scoop is hilariously fast.

:respek: Explorer-fit Clipper. I know an Asp with the same upgrades are a direct improvement, but drat if I don't feel much better than all the explorers out there in their boring little pentagon ships. If I'm going to spend weeks taking screenshots of space, I need to be doing in style.

I did save and only got a 6A scoop because drat the 7 is expensive. Also watch your fuel tank because I almost stranded myself a few times. You only have ~3 full jumps in it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Panch posted:

:respek: Explorer-fit Clipper. I know an Asp with the same upgrades are a direct improvement, but drat if I don't feel much better than all the explorers out there in their boring little pentagon ships. If I'm going to spend weeks taking screenshots of space, I need to be doing in style.

I did save and only got a 6A scoop because drat the 7 is expensive. Also watch your fuel tank because I almost stranded myself a few times. You only have ~3 full jumps in it.

I put a extra tank on it.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I put a extra tank on it.

What size? I went with this build:

https://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_clipper/0p5tiFflndnsnf4----0202--37110nv402432i2f.Iw1kAxhNkA==.MwBjIJg82UQIx1AsQ

But I will likely slim it down (and I'm already headed to the bubble to do so).

The 8t cargo hold is hard to give up, but for stupid reasons. I keep some idea in the back of my head that I could potentially stumble onto some cool plot cargo or something like that way out in the ether, and this would let me seize it. I considered actually trying to haul 8x Large survey caches that you sometimes find, but the reward vs. risk of carrying illegal cargo when you return to the bubble doesn't seem worth it. Again, this is stupid because lol that Frontier would put cool stuff way out there.

Definitely going to forgo the 2x rover bay and just get the 1x. I don't anticipate using my rover that much, and I don't know how reckless you'd have to be to lose it. I took mine up and then down a super steep peak in the center of a crater and only did ~6% damage the entire little trip.

2x AFMUs are nice, but also probably not entirely necessary.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm a sucker for trying to have 6-7 jump capacity+3 minutes from empty scoop time, even when it's horribly inefficient for what Not Exploring things I'm doing :downs:

It just makes boppin around the bubble much more relaxing.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Panch posted:

What size? I went with this build:

https://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_clipper/0p5tiFflndnsnf4----0202--37110nv402432i2f.Iw1kAxhNkA==.MwBjIJg82UQIx1AsQ

But I will likely slim it down (and I'm already headed to the bubble to do so).

The 8t cargo hold is hard to give up, but for stupid reasons. I keep some idea in the back of my head that I could potentially stumble onto some cool plot cargo or something like that way out in the ether, and this would let me seize it. I considered actually trying to haul 8x Large survey caches that you sometimes find, but the reward vs. risk of carrying illegal cargo when you return to the bubble doesn't seem worth it. Again, this is stupid because lol that Frontier would put cool stuff way out there.

Definitely going to forgo the 2x rover bay and just get the 1x. I don't anticipate using my rover that much, and I don't know how reckless you'd have to be to lose it. I took mine up and then down a super steep peak in the center of a crater and only did ~6% damage the entire little trip.

2x AFMUs are nice, but also probably not entirely necessary.

Two AFMUs are redundant if you have an srv?

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Two AFMUs are redundant if you have an srv?

Really? How do you repair the AFMU if there's damage to it?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Wait what. You can get out in your srv and repair your ship??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
You can make more AMFU ammo from stuff you collect with the srv.

I see what you're saying about having two, I guess it just seems overly paranoid from my experience with exploring. :shrug:

• Locked thread