Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I want to say that was all snipes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, the backstory was apparently that it was just something the director overheard Snipes saying to someone else on the phone and asked him to say it in the movie.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

CharlestheHammer posted:

As someone who has read a lot of doom comics, he is right. He is a corny joke character. I honestly thought that was the appeal.

You have that opinion based on reading Doom though. That's different. I do not agree with your assessment, but at least it comes from a book instead of your rear end.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Soonmot posted:

I want to say that was all snipes

Nice post/snipe combo.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DrProsek posted:

Looks like someone doesn't understand method acting.

(I loving hate when people say that re: Leto's wacky antics getting ready to play Joker. When I think Joker, I don't think "handing coworkers weird poo poo" or "fedexing stuff")

Or sexually harassing women.

I know a few people who worked on Suicide Squad and everyone, and I mean everyone, was so sick of Leto's poo poo, but scuttlebutt around the set said that if anyone complained that was just a member of the crew they'd be fired on the spot because the production was heavily invested on Leto's Joker being a huge, break out hit that eclipses the Ledger one. But as I said, just a rumor, but I can see WB execs going "we need THAT" and encouraging the behavior.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

twistedmentat posted:

Or sexually harassing women.

I know a few people who worked on Suicide Squad and everyone, and I mean everyone, was so sick of Leto's poo poo
I remember a report saying Ledger kept a Joker Journal with things that the character would probably find humorous. Like AIDS or Dead Babies.

But, like, it wasn't obnoxiously on TMZ as some kind of killer scoop. It was just prep work for Ledger.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Crew shouldn't complain about talent. They are their betters.

I'm sure their union crew would be just %100 ok with members being fired for filling grievance.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Not to get internet tough guy or anything, but if Leto pulled the poo poo he supposedly pulled on set outside of Hollywood he'd probably get glassed on day one.

I guess they could recast him as Two-face.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Lurdiak posted:

Not to get internet tough guy or anything, but if Leto pulled the poo poo he supposedly pulled on set outside of Hollywood he'd probably get glassed on day one.

I guess they could recast him as Two-face.

Not to internet tough guy *goes on to internet tough guy*

Actor that had an oscar for one of their earliest movies gets inflated sense of self worth, shocker.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sion posted:

Not to internet tough guy *goes on to internet tough guy*

Hey, I'd probably put up with it, I'm a huge coward.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'd suck dick for a speaking role. Any role. Just promise me it makes theatrical cut.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Maybe DC is hoping that by externalizing his method acting instead of internalizing it like ledger did, that leto won't end up committing suicide and they can make a sequel. Either way now the joker role has a stigma that isn't gonna go away soon

He sounds like a total loving rear end in a top hat though and I can't believe anyone put up with that poo poo

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Wasn't Ledger's death an accident?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I thought he od'd

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

FilthyImp posted:

I remember a report saying Ledger kept a Joker Journal with things that the character would probably find humorous. Like AIDS or Dead Babies.

To be fair, he wasn't at all wrong. The Joker would and probably has laughed at both.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

greatn posted:

I'd suck dick for a speaking role.

Me too, except in general.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
fart

Chickenwalker fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 23, 2018

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Sion posted:

Actor that had an oscar for one of their earliest movies gets inflated sense of self worth, shocker.

Dallas Buyer's Club was something like his 20th film over the course of about 20 years. He's an rear end in a top hat, his Oscar nomination validated that, but it didn't create it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

site posted:

I thought he od'd

From what I remember, he accidentally overdose'd on his prescription medication by trying to rush through it as fast he could.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chickenwalker posted:

My experience is that most crew are fed up with talent's poo poo all the time, whether they vocalize it or not. It's an industry where you are openly and unabashedly treated as a second class citizen, given worse amenities, work 14 hour days, etc. while some jerkoff who had to memorize a couple of lines and look pretty gets waited on hand and foot.

Unless its Keanu Reeves, who took the massive amount of money he was paid to make the Matrix sequels and distributed it among the crew.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

Unless its Keanu Reeves, who took the massive amount of money he was paid to make the Matrix sequels and distributed it among the crew.

I love all the stories about Keanu Reeves. Dude sounds like the coolest man alive. If I remember right, there was even a story about how he found some dude's wallet and returned it personally.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So he looks like John Wick but he's really Ted Logan? That's awesome

I really want another John wick

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Well you don't travel through time and the afterlife without learning a little humility.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Movie crews work on movies but nobody cares and everyone looks at their phone while their dumb names are up on the screen, waiting for the scene at the end where Captain America says something.

It's probably not very pleasant.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

site posted:

So he looks like John Wick but he's really Ted Logan? That's awesome

I really want another John wick

Well you're in luck, they just got done filming the sequel which is due out next year.

Here's a video of him training for the movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpr8oqyjKIc

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You know, if they did make a Sentry movie my dream would be that they make it solely a one off thing and because of that they get someone super high profile, like a Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt. Just to really sell the idea that this was THE Marvel hero.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Well you're in luck, they just got done filming the sequel which is due out next year.

Here's a video of him training for the movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpr8oqyjKIc

Best post of the day right here

Holy poo poo keanu tearing it up right there

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

SonicRulez posted:

To be fair, he wasn't at all wrong. The Joker would and probably has laughed at both.

There's a bit in the prose issue of Morrison's run where the Joker lists things he finds funny, and both of those wouldn't have been out of place.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

SonicRulez posted:

Oh, I agree. It's very much darkly in line with the character. Especially with the Magic Trick scene.

I also appreciate that Ledger wasn't a goofy dickwad that thought mailing a package of "Dead Baby Aids" to his coworkers was :krad:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He actually does mail weird stuff to people.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You know, if they did make a Sentry movie my dream would be that they make it solely a one off thing and because of that they get someone super high profile, like a Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt. Just to really sell the idea that this was THE Marvel hero.

Brad Pitt could easily pull off playing Bob, and it'd be easy to CG him into Young Sexy Sentry.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People would hate a movie based around a Mary Sue tho.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

No, Sentry's a guy.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Lurdiak posted:

No, Sentry's a guy.

Mary Stu.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
They should call the Sentry movie, Sentry 3, and have Brad Pitt discuss the previous movies at length and how happy he is to finally finish this trilogy with his most defining character. Show clips of Sentry inserted into Avengers scenes.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I like think we live in enlightened enough times now that a man can be a Mary Sue.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

There's a bit in the prose issue of Morrison's run where the Joker lists things he finds funny, and both of those wouldn't have been out of place.

I was considering actually posting that because both of those things were, in fact, on the list, along with sombreros, real bad news, fish being gutted and Batman. Batman.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

qntm posted:

I like think we live in enlightened enough times now that a man can be a Mary Sue.

I was considering actually posting that because both of those things were, in fact, on the list, along with sombreros, real bad news, fish being gutted and Batman. Batman.

Mary Sues are men more often than not. And jesus christ that issue should not be used in any context as a good characterization baseline for The Joker.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I was making fun of Max Landis.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

I was making fun of Max Landis.

A noble pursuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,