Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Yeah ideally Id move both down to the second line but there really isnt much left for top line players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Phone posting so effort to come maybe. I'll take Calvin De Haan

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Anaheim Ducks select Connor Sheary and before anyone tells me how horrible of a pick this is, he is going to be on Sid's wing and I genuinely think this is a Good and Smart Hockey Move.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Phone posting so effort to come maybe. I'll take Calvin De Haan

Crap

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Furnaceface posted:

I am back now and not sure how this guy is still available so Calgary takes Mathieu Perreault because he can play all 3 positions and I can drop him down to second line if I get another young winger to replace him on the first line.

Perreault-Fabbri-Perry

Ekblad-Keith
Hjalmarsson-X

Crawford

Nooooooooo

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'll take this to mean he's a good pick

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'll take this to mean he's a good pick

He is, I wanted to take him to play with Hamonic

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Flyinglemur posted:

Anaheim Ducks select Connor Sheary and before anyone tells me how horrible of a pick this is, he is going to be on Sid's wing and I genuinely think this is a Good and Smart Hockey Move.

I like this pick

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Boomer the Cannon is up to pick at 10, he will have until 10:46 AM to get 'er done

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Andrei Vasilevskiy. Good numbers, good potential, and he'll be a starter somewhere by this time next year.

E: Lucic-Matthews-Niedereiter
TBD - O'Reilly - TBD

Trouba - Shattenkirk

Vasilevsky

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
That's a good core you've got there. For my next pick... Kevin Klein. Good cheap D.

Otis Reddit fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 17, 2016

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I like that pick. He will be declining but the contract is stellar and he will be a decent top four guy for a bit. What's your defense now?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There's someone I really want but I'm sure that Paulocast will take him. Lets get through these next twelve picks with no issues.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Who can I send my list to? I work today and will probably have two picks to make.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I only have 2 D, coincidentally the 2 best D on the (real) Rangers the past two years -- Yandle and Klein.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I can take lists, will be around most of the day and don't have any pick of my own any time soon

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Otis Reddit posted:

I only have 2 D, coincidentally the 2 best D on the (real) Rangers the past two years -- Yandle and Klein.

No wonder the Rangers suck

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Well, yeah.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm around also. Looks like Exxon sent me a list.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
So whats the story whos been skipped and when can i make my abomination of a pick

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
ThinkTank/Recapitator can both pick at this point.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take Alex Edler. Overlooked as one of the better minute munching shutdown defencemen out there.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I like Edler a lot. I'm not sure if he's worth 5 mil, but he's one of the better defensemen still available and GMs are willing to lose their god drat minds over good shutdown d-men, apparently.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Yaya posted:

I like Edler a lot. I'm not sure if he's worth 5 mil, but he's one of the better defensemen still available and GMs are willing to lose their god drat minds over good shutdown d-men, apparently.

He's very much worth $5m considering that's only slightly above average for a defenceman these days. He's up and down offensively in recent years, but he's settled into a role as an excellent shutdown guy. At worst, he pairs well in a defensive role. He's one of those guys who makes high profile mistakes so everyone thinks is terrible but overall is a positive possession guy and very reliable.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress I've been out all day so give me Andrew Ladd

Neal-Getzlaf-Kane
Ladd-Jenner

Seabrook-Weber

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Time for my lovely pick

I honestly did zero research in who to draft

So I went with "oh yeahhhh I remember this guy!"

Hope he's good, maybe not good enough to me my 2D, but if he isn't, oh well, at least he's not that lovely Vancouver D who can not be named

Cam Fowler

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

I like Edler but too much injury history scares me away

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

stab posted:

Time for my lovely pick

I honestly did zero research in who to draft

So I went with "oh yeahhhh I remember this guy!"

Hope he's good, maybe not good enough to me my 2D, but if he isn't, oh well, at least he's not that lovely Vancouver D who can not be named

Cam Fowler

His fancies kinda stink but he's got talent so he's weird. He's sorta like a young Jack Johnson I suppose.

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.
Sorry for being late. Had a poo poo load of stuff to take care of today.

All is good though. I will now select Petr Mrazek.
Currently in arbitration for salary, so ??.

I like this dude, played behind what I would call a mediocre defense and managed .921 over 54 games. He's 24 so presumably has not even reached him prime.

Panarin - Galcheniuk - Forsberg
?? - Rakell - ??

Reilly - Hanifin
?? - ??

Petr Mrazek

The RECAPITATOR fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 17, 2016

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I'm not really thrilled with any of the remaining centers, which is my own fault I guess, but with the 200th pick Chicago selects Artem Anisimov. Good enough for the IRL Blackhawks, good enough for me.

Saad - Scheifele - Puljujarvi
xxx - Anisimov - xxx

OEL - Byfuglien
xxx - Green

Ginette Reno is up next

FBS fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 17, 2016

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

FBS posted:

I'm not really thrilled with any of the remaining centers, which is my own fault I guess, but with the 200th pick Chicago selects Artem Anisimov. Good enough for the IRL Blackhawks, good enough for me.

Saad - Scheifele - Puljujarvi
xxx - Anisimov - xxx

OEL - Byfuglien
xxx - Green

Ginette Reno is up next

Boo this man he is stealing my roster.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

its been over 2 hours, metapod and/or ginette reno can pick

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Ginette is skipped and Metapod is up, I think.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I can pick when I'm up. I just wish it would speed up.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Sorry I had hockey. Give me Johnny Boychuk. Great fancies, and I need a defenseman.

e:

Landeskog-Malkin
Henrique-Kuznetsov
Couturier

Boychuk

Murray

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Furnaceface posted:

Boo this man he is stealing my roster.

Yeah well you're the dbag who took my mancrush Mathieu Perreault from me so maybe we're even :argh:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

FBS posted:

Yeah well you're the dbag who took my mancrush Mathieu Perreault from me so maybe we're even :argh:

That was only fair because you took hometown hero Mark Scheifele. :argh:

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Metapod is also skipped. Them and Technetium can both pick.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I just wish it would speed up.

At the current pace I might figure out how to create a custom database to sim this in EHM by the time were finished.

Man is that thing ever confusing. So many menus (yet fewer than NHl16 :v:).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Well I'm glad all these picks are being missed because now I think I'll get the guy I want

• Locked thread