Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the ice gun is so unpopular that it appears in less games than viktor's hex core

what this means is that there are more games where viktor is played than there are games where somebody buys the ice gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

also should i actually be buying RFC on trist? it's in her core build on champ.gg but it feels like absolute poo poo on her because E doesn't get the range increase

Just buy Shiv for the wave clear/magic damage unless you really really need the range for sieging.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I tried to build the ice gun one game and it ended before I could finish it. That's my story. Someday I will ice somebody.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

build the ice gun on anivia to confuse and disorientate your opponents

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

bard is a semicarry that builds iceborn gauntlet and blade of the ruined king

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Honestly, sometimes you only have one other AP champion and they've been feeding all game and bought the wrong poo poo and they just completely suck. I've had my AD specifically request that I build damage as bard, and had it work out for the best.

Tanky build is certainly the build you're most likely to need, but isn't the whole point of a champ-specific item set that you'll be prepared to make quick itemization decisions in tricky situations?

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jul 17, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah bard's ap damage isn't amazing but it exists and people generally don't respect it even if you are building that way

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
is there any way to play taric other than support? I want to use my pink skin but playing Taric support make me want to kill myself

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Tired Moritz posted:

is there any way to play taric other than support? I want to use my pink skin but playing Taric support make me want to kill myself

Not really. He's designed with scaling and abilities meant to be played exclusively as a support. You can try to play him as a top lane or jungle bruiser/tank type character but his scaling is really piss poor and half his moves rely on having a partner to double up on them.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Taric support is really good and has pretty versatile build paths since he double dips off of the shielding/healing items

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

If you play TT you can get some fun off of HP/Armor/Titanic Jungle Taric.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

the ice gun is so unpopular that it appears in less games than viktor's hex core

what this means is that there are more games where viktor is played than there are games where somebody buys the ice gun

The ice gun is just rod of ages with worse stats, but you get a active every 40 seconds that doesn't really make up for just being rod of ages with worse stats.

300 gold more for -200 hp -20 AP for a active that does 100-200 damage with a .35 AP ratio and a 0.5 sec slow, they need to have it build out of something besides a catalyst.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 17, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Libertine posted:

Not really. He's designed with scaling and abilities meant to be played exclusively as a support. You can try to play him as a top lane or jungle bruiser/tank type character but his scaling is really piss poor and half his moves rely on having a partner to double up on them.

it's not that bad, your first clears are horrible though.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
IM gonna become the best drat jungle farmer this worlds ever seen

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Taric is a decent top laner. He makes good use of ice born gauntlet and tank stats. You can build a protobelt for dash dazzles, and if you have a fast jungler or one with hard cc you can be real easy to gank for

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hey is there any way to play support but not as a support? i want my adc to want to kill myself and my teammates to get mad at each other, but i dont want to have to do it from the bot lane specifically.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

hey is there any way to play support but not as a support? i want my adc to want to kill myself and my teammates to get mad at each other, but i dont want to have to do it from the bot lane specifically.

i swear i saw this quote right before roaming alistar had become a thing

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

brb chiming

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I've been playing top lane Soraka. Liandrys->Rylais->Warmogs->Morrello.

It's great. Also, it's terrible. But also great.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Taric can be more than a support, dad!!!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
stop playing support champions in solo lanes you fuckers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

speaking of support me and the kat i was laning against traded kills but she got first blood and our leona immediately went on suicide watch and said that we were going to lose because kat got a kill and would just ult and kill us

she refused to accept my words of 'no seriously you're leo, just q or ult her when she pops her ult and we're fine' even after she actually interrupted kat's ult and just spent the entire game crying about how we were going to all die to kat's ult and at one point begged us to tell her to kill herself irl

it was the most bizarre trolling ive ever seen in league

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

How Rude posted:

Never

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Endorph posted:

speaking of support me and the kat i was laning against traded kills but she got first blood and our leona immediately went on suicide watch and said that we were going to lose because kat got a kill and would just ult and kill us

she refused to accept my words of 'no seriously you're leo, just q or ult her when she pops her ult and we're fine' even after she actually interrupted kat's ult and just spent the entire game crying about how we were going to all die to kat's ult and at one point begged us to tell her to kill herself irl

it was the most bizarre trolling ive ever seen in league

its not trolling, supports are for getting kills only, leona stun and ult are for getting kills, you can't save them for katarina. the fact of the matter is leona got lucky and you got lucky and the game was over.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

he is delving into the mindset of the self-sufficient, self-asborbed, doomsaying support. :thejoke:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

How Rude posted:

You've played top karma for four years

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Taciturn Tactician posted:

You've played top karma for four years

she scales and does a lot of damage, unlike Soraka and Taric. she is not strictly a support champion.

throwing janna or nami or whatever into midlane is counterproductive and hurts your teamcomp greatly, you should only do this if you want to troll the gently caress out of your teammates

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
New Ryze appears to currently be the worst performing champion in the game. I eagerly await the next patch or two buffing him plus people figuring out his new gimmick to sky rocket him into ascendancy and restart the roller coaster balancing act before Riot remakes him yet again next season.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
lol what ryze is broken as gently caress

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
if i had to take a guess he's doing poorly in solo queue because his early game is really poor (unless you're against someone you can just bully to death) and according to champion.gg people are building him full damage which is really, really greedy, especially since his most common role is top which means people are probably picking him regardless or comp and leaving their team with no tank

it's probably Wrong but i'd rather build like, RoA -> FH -> void -> zhonya/abyssal, pick utility boots and skip the tear entirely

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Methanar posted:

lol what ryze is broken as gently caress

That may be so, which is why I specifically mentioned people are still learning his new gimmick, but right now he's sporting a sub 40% win rate mid and top.

Edit: I mean the scenario I described is basically what happened with Taliyah so it's not like there's no precedent for them to overdo buffs while people are still figuring champs out.

Action George fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 18, 2016

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Unsurprisingly, Sona sporting a completely mental 58.5% win rate...

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
New Ryze is actually a jungler

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That's loving crazy. That's roughly the same winrate as you would have in a game where one of the enemy players doesn't connect for the first 6 or 7 minutes.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Firebert posted:

Unsurprisingly, Sona sporting a completely mental 58.5% win rate...

Her early game feels worse but around level 11 and two items it's like playing ARAM Sona, which is not a healthy thing. She's like Soraka on steroids.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
They complained that all she did was spam her spells, and then rework her to make her spam her spells more.

also playing Revolver+Lichbane Sona is fun

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Tired Moritz posted:

They complained that all she did was spam her spells, and then rework her to make her spam her spells more.

also playing Revolver+Lichbane Sona is fun

no, the complaint was that Sona would hit her 4 buttons and then just sit there and look pretty doing nothing.

Riot didn't nerf the numbers on her poo poo enough for the cooldown reduction, either that or the E buffs are just too good.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
isn't that every mage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

I've played against Ryze twice and he feels really strong in lane and has crazy waveclear and damage, so I don't fully understand why his winrate is so awful. His scaling is pretty bad now compared to before though.

How Rude posted:

she scales and does a lot of damage, unlike Soraka and Taric. she is not strictly a support champion.

throwing janna or nami or whatever into midlane is counterproductive and hurts your teamcomp greatly, you should only do this if you want to troll the gently caress out of your teammates

I think old Taric was viable as an offmeta toplaner in the same way that Karma was/is. Definitely not new Taric though.

• Locked thread