Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the Greatest Team?
Oorai
Pravda
St. Gloriana
Saunders
Anzio
Chi-Ha-Tan
Kuromorimine
Selection
Maginot
Jatkosota
View Results

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CommissarMega posted:

I love how that yob-ette Rosehip's basically unchanged :allears:

I love that's she's super blurry even in the normal pic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rosehip and her Crusader squad are the perfect compliment to the rest of St. Gloriana.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

https://twitter.com/kuroida_00/status/746324757138726913

1: England has exited the EU
2: However, we're Japanese, so that has nothing to do with us.
3: *Daaaarjaliiiiingggg*

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Jintor posted:

https://twitter.com/kuroida_00/status/746324757138726913

1: England has exited the EU
2: However, we're Japanese, so that has nothing to do with us.
3: *Daaaarjaliiiiingggg*

I was eagerly awaiting the Brexit joke.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I just want more overcaffeinated Rosehip

Edit: holy poo poo this Many Miles Away guy is something amazing

MJP fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 30, 2016

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

MJP posted:

I just want more overcaffeinated Rosehip

Edit: holy poo poo this Many Miles Away guy is something amazing
Watch the chieftan mk3 one.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bakanogami posted:

Top: normal
Bottom: watching soccer

[ROSEHIP INTENSIFIES]

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

MJP posted:

holy poo poo this Many Miles Away guy is something amazing

I was all :allears: through his T-34/85 review.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Many Miles Away?

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Darth Walrus posted:

Many Miles Away?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?manymilesaway1

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

[ROSEHIP INTENSIFIES]

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

is there only the one drama cd that has a english sutitled version?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
the comic had way more TnA jokes then I was expecting

it was about as gay as I was expecting tho, which is to say it was hella fukken gay

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Gamerofthegame posted:

the comic had way more TnA jokes then I was expecting

it was about as gay as I was expecting tho, which is to say it was hella fukken gay

Yeah, it's not really worth reading, but Ribbon Warrior looks promising, since it's got TANKS TANKS TANKS instead of TITS TITS TITS.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, it's not really worth reading, but Ribbon Warrior looks promising, since it's got TANKS TANKS TANKS instead of TITS TITS TITS.

FEET FEET FEET

seriously there's a lot of... interesting... imagine spots

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, it's not really worth reading

BGM - Jinroh Main Theme

Also Momo is crying in every other panel. The mangaka gets it.

Reis
Sep 11, 2005

Now I'm wondering if they were facing in the direction of Continuation High all this time.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Just finished watching the show/OVAs/Movie. It was good! Favorite parts include Miho trying to cheer everyone up by doing the Anglerfish Dance, the extremely unexpected Spam n' Eggs reference in the camping OVA, and the movie.

Was anyone else actually expecting Oorai to lose the finals? Like Oorai would still fight hard and make it really close, but ultimately Miho would fall to her sister. However because Miho fought so well despite the odds she would gain the respect of Maho and her mom. Obviously to avoid it being a sad ending they'd find a way to make sure Oorai High School doesn't close down (like the Senshadou Federation realizes an Oorai/Black Forest Peak rivalry would be really good for boosting Shenshado's popularity and keep it open).

Hope if there's a season 2 they include Maple High School. :canada:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I'd love a different school being the focus of each season. Their school cab only be on the line so many times.

On the other hand, Id miss out on History Club. But still!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's cool, when the main characters succeed through their own hard work

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Ooarai start to get better equipment. Tiger IIs, Pershings, T44s and the like. Miho gets power crazy, and Maho becomes the main character.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Season 2 should focus on Pravda, school of BEST TENKS :colbert::hf::ussr:

That being said, animating Ribbon Warrior should be good :unsmigghh:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Favorite parts include Miho trying to cheer everyone up by doing the Anglerfish Dance,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPv_ZmhwQ40

quote:

0:41 "Can you double disown someone?"
:allears:

Jintor
May 19, 2014

one of my favourite things about ribbon warrior is that nobody knows that oorai was just a bunch of lucky bastards who were only driven to victory because they didn't want their school to shut down, so instead they just seem like an incredibly deadly band of ice cold killers to the protags

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
They left good sequel hooks in the movie for a national selection tournament leading up to the world tournament. They blew the all-star team idea in the movie so I'd certainly expect Oarai to get some transfer students and increased funding to crew a few new tanks. They stated in the movie that the coming tournaments would use annihilation rules and Oarai succeeding with their current lineup would just be too contrived.

Oarai doesn't have a single British or Russian tank, which really seems unusual, and both of those countries still have tons of quirky tanks (half of Oarai's lineup being lesser known tanks) that can shore up weaknesses in their lineup.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Hope if there's a season 2 they include Maple High School. :canada:

A season 2 is guaranteed to include the French, most likely Maginot. They had some of the best early war tank designs and, honestly, I don't understand how they lost to Anzio when Anzio didn't have the P40 until the Oarai battle.

Other than Maginot I don't really see them introducing any new schools. They've already got schools covering all the other important tank producing nations, plus Japan and Finland, and adding new schools means adding ever more characters to the cast. Unfortunately for Maple I think there would be too much overlap with Saunders and St. Gloriana.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

CommissarMega posted:

That being said, animating Ribbon Warrior should be good :unsmigghh:
I'm guessing this artist draws hentai as well or something. A dream sequence got pretty BDSM pet play pretty drat quick.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Desuwa posted:

A season 2 is guaranteed to include the French, most likely Maginot. They had some of the best early war tank designs and, honestly, I don't understand how they lost to Anzio when Anzio didn't have the P40 until the Oarai battle.

Check the thread harder, it's not that long! :)

From earlier...

Magni posted:

Someone on 4chan actually did translate the info on that. Anzio were fielding three Semovente and the tankette swarm, the P40 wasn't ready yet. They baited out Maginot with one Semovente and the tankettes and caused their flag tank (the Char 2B) to fall behind the mob chase, which allowed the other two Semoventes to flank and kill it. Only one tank got killed in the entire match, but it was apparently still rated amongst the most entertaining and close matchups in the first round.

Unless of course you mean you STILL can't believe Maginot lost.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Lord Koth posted:

Unless of course you mean you STILL can't believe Maginot lost.

Yeah, this. I mean, schools like Anzio, Oarai, and Maginot are why the flag tank rules are used instead of annihilation, but it's hard to reconcile Eclair from the Maginot manga with someone who gets outmaneuvered by a school with only three tanks that she actually needs to worry about.

e: Also honestly hard to reconcile OVA Anzio with a school that could pull that off. Anchovy is a good commander and all but the rest of the Anzio students seem like they'd have trouble with the implementation of her plan. Though I gather there's a manga Anzio somewhere that's much more competent.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jul 17, 2016

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If there's a season 2 I want to see leagues with different rules to include cold war tanks.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

AGTMs.

Katreus
May 31, 2011

You and I both know this is silly, but this is the biggest women's sporting event in the world. Let's try to make the most of it, shall we?

Saunders' aerial fleet.

quote:

>Saunders has a U-2
>2 DC3 for horses or domestic animals of the riding club/livestock department
>2 Super Conny's for the chairman and other VIPs

quote:

The Super Galaxy could only carry 122t normally, but Saunders upgraded it to carry 180t.

Oorai tanks add up to 200t, so it was extremely risky to transport them. Saunders under-fuelled the plane to reduce weight, and had two KC-10 taking turns refuelling it in mid air in order to keep it flying. This had to be done twice, once to get the tanks back to Saunders, and once to get the tanks to the tournament. Oorai own them a BIG favour.

Saunders being amazing.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Jintor posted:

one of my favourite things about ribbon warrior is that nobody knows that oorai was just a bunch of lucky bastards who were only driven to victory because they didn't want their school to shut down, so instead they just seem like an incredibly deadly band of ice cold killers to the protags

I absolutely loved that part as well. Oorai being the jerkbag rich team with the bullshit high-tier equipment that they rules-lawyered into a tankathon match.

Bakanogami posted:

If there's a season 2 I want to see leagues with different rules to include cold war tanks.

Miho shows up to university, somewhat sad that she can't to senshado anymore. Gets intercepted by the senshado team, told that the university desperately needs funding and has decided to enter the national league. They want Miho to lead them. All they have is a M551 Sheridan, a Leopard 1, a T-62, an S-tank, an AMX-30 and a Wiesel MK. The first match is against Pravda's team of 24 T-64s next week.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Katreus posted:

Saunders

saunders owns and i feel like i've seen the least supplemental material to flesh them out compared to st glorianas and pravda

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm reading ribbon warrior and drat Rin the tank driver has some issues

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Who the gently caress is funding Saunders? jet fuel and aircraft maintenance isn't cheap, nor is training pilots.

They have to have some M1A2s as well somewhere.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I started reading Ribbon Warrior, too, and hot drat it's amazing. If they're going to make a second season, I'd love to see them use Ribbon Warrior.

Falken posted:

Who the gently caress is funding Saunders? jet fuel and aircraft maintenance isn't cheap, nor is training pilots.

They have to have some M1A2s as well somewhere.

I figure that the schools are getting some funding and support from the countries they're representing/emulating.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Command Ant posted:

I figure that the schools are getting some funding and support from the countries they're representing/emulating.

i can't remember which source says it but that's definitely true for some of them

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
IIRC Saunders is specifically stated to be in a cooperation with a huge american university. They're also pretty much built around technical trades and aeronautics and the senshado club and its tech support have a bigger slice of the overall budget than in any other school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is anyone interested in the Ribbon Warrior Te-ke model kit? I bought mine in October thinking I'd have skills in normal non-Gunpla models but those skills never materialized.

I can list in SA-Mart if so desired.