Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

"Don't tell Michelle!"

*tells Michelle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Arcanen posted:

"Don't tell Michelle!"

*tells Michelle.

#BB18

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Bronte doesn't seem long for this world. She majorly own-goaled with her original alliance and feeling like she had to "hide who she was". It's not surprising that someone who was trying to downplay a large part of her personality hasn't really made many real connections, because it's way too easy to stay quiet rather than lie.

Stupid, because "I'm a nerd" really isn't a thing that requires hiding.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

OH poo poo. Tiffany letting out her inner Vanessa.

Let's see how this works out for her.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

OH poo poo. Tiffany letting out her inner Vanessa.

Let's see how this works out for her.
That was more like a Godfrey speech imo. Also hopefully not spiking the football prematurely.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Arcanen posted:

Bronte doesn't seem long for this world.

Hmm, maybe I spoke to soon. I'd honestly be ok with Brone staying, because she has potential (she seems to have a good read on people) if she opens up a bit more. Tiffany shakes things up which is great and all, but she really is Vanessa's sister.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It's either going to be an all time own or all time fail.

Sure, the execution was off but when wa stthe last time a nominee called out someone? Candice and GM?

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
This episode is so good, best one of the season so far. Tiff hosed up her speech but it was still great.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

It's either going to be an all time own or all time fail.

Sure, the execution was off but when wa stthe last time a nominee called out someone? Candice and GM?

BB Canada 4 was pretty good for this.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We have a flip!

Poor, poor Bronte.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Michelle's fake angry stomping!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

(Frank puts Bronte on the block)
Frank: "Bronte, if you are hearing this, I had nothing to do with it."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Why does everyone not on Category 4 suck?

gently caress, gently caress, fuckity gently caress gently caress.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
gently caress :smithicide:

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Wait so now their targets are limited to Paul or Natalie huh

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

rafington posted:

Immunity for entire teams / roadkill has really messed with things. I appreciate them trying something new, and at least it's not BoTB, but come on. The combination is ultimately just as favorable to majority alliances as BoTB was.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

rafington posted:

Frank is totally going to try to get Paulie to go after the people that switched. But Tiffany is still going to be target #1.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Day and Nat are probably the top targets but Tiffany is definitely a possibility. Paulie/Frank/Corey won't let another guy go so Paul might not even touch the block.

Paulie won't go after the flippers, so it doesn't matter what Frank says. His vote was strategic. He was in on the house flip. He just voted out Tiffany so it would be 5-4 and Frank might be confused.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, this will be really easy to sell people out. Wonder if anyone will. People might cut their losses and let Tiffany go.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

I was annoyed with Paulie winning but at least this means Frank and Bridgette can't be part of the buyback right?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Turbl posted:

I was annoyed with Paulie winning but at least this means Frank and Bridgette can't be part of the buyback right?

Yep, a nice silver lining. I honestly kind of hope Tiffany goes this week and clowns the others in the buyback.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
The team immunity completely ruined a lot of potential for the coming week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If you want another silver lining Paulie's gonna look like a massive comp threat now. 2 HOHs and a POV. He's going to be a target now. And this week could probably get bloody for him.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

If you want another silver lining Paulie's gonna look like a massive comp threat now. 2 HOHs and a POV. He's going to be a target now. And this week could probably get bloody for him.
So you just sidle up to Frank the Tank, 'eh?
Bad look Bridgette... bad look.
You just sold yer best friend out and that is glaringly apparent now.

I really hate that this Team Mode creates safety buffers but this dumb house can't put it together that it's because there is a buyback.
I'm sure they are expecting it but are doing no damage control for it.

Frank has really come into this game with a complete fortunate flip-flop. He was on the block for the entirety of his first season.
He has yet to feel any block burn thus far this season.

He's deffo working the room with what's presented but that doesn't excuse his slippery tact.

I'd rather Natalie survive because she's sweet if not a bit dingy.
She's adapting to the game and I respect that.
Plus her phone convos with James seem so genuine and cute :3:

:phoneb::phoneline::phone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77R1Wp6Y_5Y

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jul 15, 2016

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

:siren: Previously... on BIIIIIIIIG BROTHERRRRRR :siren:

edit two breaks in: Day laughing at Tiff at her absolute lowest is a bad look.
I'm off of Nicole now, she has learned nothing the second time around.

Natalie is an angel.
She was the only one that displayed any ounce of compassion.
And the big thing was she meant it.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jul 18, 2016

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I'm usually all about the strategy, but at this point I just want James and Natalie to go all the way just because they're basically the only non-lovely people in the house.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

ToastyPotato posted:

The team immunity completely ruined a lot of potential for the coming week.

Yeah, that was bullshit, along with the 3 nominees. There was always going to be one person on the block who got zero votes.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Paulie has so much Rutgers gear lol. He must really want to represent to wear a Rutgers sweater over his Rutgers singlet in the middle of the summer.

So Corey is dumb, apparently not good at competitions, and has very little strategic input in decision making in his alliance. Therefore Tiffany has decided he's a good roadkill choice to take heat off her because... ???

Arcanen fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 18, 2016

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Basically there are some angles to getting him out via Da'Vonne's own desire for that to happen and some pull she might have to make it actually happen. The episode didn't go into that though.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Corey out blows up Nicole's meat shield and gets her dumb dingy brain back into the game as a free agent.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I found the roadkill comp so strange. What's the narrative and subtext of making the contestants hamsters go into a motor home toilet-themed room that smells like poop and hanging air fresheners on lines?
Is it some Hee Haw / You Know You're A Redneck prime time comedy? Is this toilet humour new or something they've done before?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Arcanen posted:

So Corey is dumb, apparently not good at competitions, and has very little strategic input in decision making in his alliance. Therefore Tiffany has decided he's a good roadkill choice to take heat off her because... ???

A whole bunch of people want Corey out of the game because it would free Nicole back up. Corey's basically a good target because Nicole's playing a good social game and he's an anchor around her neck everyone wants to cut.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
So they didn't really show any of the mean girl mentality the other HGs have shown for Tiff. It's weird seeing such padded edits for everyone when the past few seasons have had fun blowing horrible people up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not surprised. They're probably scared to show the nastiness in the house since they're in danger of having no one left to root for. They never blew up Aaryn, Amanda, or Christine until the internet got really pissed off about them ignoring it. And they didn't touch Frankie until the whole house wanted him dead.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

ToastyPotato posted:

So they didn't really show any of the mean girl mentality the other HGs have shown for Tiff. It's weird seeing such padded edits for everyone when the past few seasons have had fun blowing horrible people up.
Michelle is one of the worst and thankfully has had so little of an edit you forget she's in the house.
She doesn't deserve the edits she gets.

When she get's on the block she'll get a rightful black/white snapflash lookback on her antics.
She's the worst.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Thank you for that, actually.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop

Robnoxious posted:

She's the worst.

It's so hard to choose with this cast.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Sucks that it was a knockout veto where there was one main person that everyone was going to challenge. On the other hand, if you lose a puzzle to Corey, I'm not sure what to say.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I posted this in the other thread but will post here too, Asiina is running a forums Big Brother game (First prize $75)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3783722

they are usually pretty fun, and can get pretty intense, you should consider signing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Popero posted:

Sucks that it was a knockout veto where there was one main person that everyone was going to challenge. On the other hand, if you lose a puzzle to Corey, I'm not sure what to say.

Yeah, what the hell was with that veto rule. The competition itself was fine, that particular rule was lame as hell. Should have allowed the winner to choose the next two, as has been done in some HOHs.

• Locked thread