Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Crosspost from painting thread:

Mugaaz posted:

Finished my first warcaster, Doomshaper. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Looks legit, good job.

For constructive criticism, I would say the rock on the base looks a little flat.

Fyrbrand fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 16, 2016

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
gently caress denny, gently caress deathjack, gently caress hellmouth, gently caress cryx

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Losing 9 IFP on turn 1 to two casts of hellmouth was Not Nice. And then 7 WGI the next turn to a single cast. I mean, I'm bad and deserved it, but still!

I also missed an assassination on denny because vlad rolled a 4 on dmg instead of a 7. Thanks, Vlad!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

gannyGrabber posted:

gently caress denny, gently caress deathjack, gently caress hellmouth, gently caress cryx

You forgot that she's bad so uhhhh

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Mugaaz posted:

Crosspost from painting thread:

Troll status: better than I could do! Good job. I like it!

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Iceclaw posted:

Troll status: better than I could do! Good job. I like it!

Same. Nice job. I love the base on it and the black lines on the skin and cloth almost make it look cel shaded.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I just cracked the Cryx battlebox to start pinkening some Cryx like I like to do, and Agathea is freakin' enormous. For someone on a small base she's like the size of Gaspy2.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Comes from her having anime proportions on account of being a spooky anime lady

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

gannyGrabber posted:

Cyrx, cryx, legion(?!), cryx

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Forzelt posted:

Cyrx, cryx, legion(?!), cryx

That's the hellmaw or something. Hellmouth is a rad Denny spell that turns a dude into a vortex that pulls people in from 3" away before blowing up in an AOE 3.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

theironjef posted:

That's the hellmaw or something. Hellmouth is a rad Denny spell that turns a dude into a vortex that pulls people in from 3" away before blowing up in an AOE 3.

If only. Nope, they totally decided that both the really good spell and really good unit should have the exact same name for reasons.

http://privateerpress.com/hordes/gallery/legion-of-everblight/units/hellmouth

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
For bonus points, they did this after renaming Krueger2's Storm Wall spell to Windstorm.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
So what happens when you Hellmouth a Hellmouth?

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Depends, are other models close to the Hellmouth within Hellmouth range?

(Note that if there's a second Hellmouth close to the Hellmouth it can't be pushed closer to the Hellmouth by Hellmouth.)

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 17, 2016

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

theironjef posted:

I just cracked the Cryx battlebox to start pinkening some Cryx like I like to do, and Agathea is freakin' enormous. For someone on a small base she's like the size of Gaspy2.

Iirc there was a point in development where she was going to be a medium.

I just need to figure out how to win with her. If I can't kill an un buffed Maddox with all of my focus I'm not sure what else I can do. 3 games I vanished onto a caster and swung for the fences and didn't kill a single one.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
After knocking away at Cygnar for a while through games and dojoing I think I've got a pairing I really like.

75/75 points.
Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 5
- Centurion - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 17)
- Defender - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Stormclad - PC: 18
- Thorn - PC: 13

Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Hunter - PC: 11
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 4

Storm Lances - Leader & 2 Grunts: 12

---------------------

74/75 Points
Captain Victoria Haley - WJ: +28
- Squire - PC: 5
- Dynamo - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Firefly - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Firefly - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 2)

Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Hunter - PC: 11
Major Katherine Laddermore - PC: 8

Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20

Somewhat similar list compositions, but drastically different goals. Haley2 is there for scenario plays and dealing with specific rear end in a top hat casters in my local meta(Wurmwood!!! :argh:). Haley1 is there for simple brute murder. Feat turn Storm Lance guns under Laddermore/Firefly can simply obliterate all but the nuttiest armor skews and massacre gigantic blobs of infantry easily, and it's unimaginably hard to remove two units of Arcane Shielded lances hovering at 10-11" away under Temporal Barrier unless you're running a ridiculous number of snipers or boosted jack shooting. I don't feel like most lists can even attempt to attrition into the second list, though it will obviously have some trouble against control casters(which is what Haley2 is for).

Any thoughts or things you'd change?

Kanos fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jul 18, 2016

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I feel like Parasite and Dark Shroud mean Agathia's strength is standing next to something to give it -5 ARM. But at the same time, you'd hope casters were capable of greater things - and you still need to commit something stronger than her to the actual attack.

Those stack, right?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

moths posted:

I feel like Parasite and Dark Shroud mean Agathia's strength is standing next to something to give it -5 ARM. But at the same time, you'd hope casters were capable of greater things - and you still need to commit something stronger than her to the actual attack.

Those stack, right?

Different named effects always stack, things with the same name never stack. Giving -5 ARM to something is basically a death sentence for almost anything, and being able to do it from only one source is fantastic. Even Agathia's wimpy melee is swinging for effective POW 17 with those two debuffs stacked; getting her onto something and putting a helljack into it is almost guaranteed to scrap whatever you're targeting to bits. She's a really mean battlebox caster.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Hordes takes place 1 & 2 at Rocky Mountain Rumble, a WMW qualifier tournament, this weekend, with Jay Larson coming in first with Trolls and a Circle player for #2.

Game is totally a wreck though and Hordes is unplayable.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I played Ragnor before Jay made him cool. :colbert:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

I played Ragnor before Jay made him cool. :colbert:

I wouldn't worry about it Hordes is bad

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Khisanth Magus posted:

Hordes takes place 1 & 2 at Rocky Mountain Rumble, a WMW qualifier tournament, this weekend, with Jay Larson coming in first with Trolls and a Circle player for #2.

No, but you see, the Privateer Press forums told me that...:barf:

I really want to get some games in with my Skorne, particularly Rasheth and pMorghoul, but there is a team tournament coming up. I'm pretty sure my Durgen list is going to be the pick to counter 30 Banes and so on. Worked out well last year! Have you, or any one else, gotten some good Skorne games in?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I just want the Skorne Morghoul shirt that the guy wore to the tournament. Hopefully someone has a few good pictures of it that they can post since I am phone posting right now.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Gonna play this rad as hell sevvy list tonight

Sevvy1
-BoV
-Crusader
-Reckoner
Reclaimer
-Redeemer
Tristan
-Vigilant
Vassal
Vassal mechanik
Flame bringers (min)
Choir(min)
Knights Exemplar
Knights Exemplar

Throwing defenders ward on the bringers puts them up to 16/17 which is Good. I'm not certain I'll get a lot out of the reclaimer but he's our cheapest jack marshal and the redeemer is just plain better that way. Between Take Aim, Choir, and Sevvy the redeemer's blasts are pow 11. Yes please!

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

waah posted:

I just want the Skorne Morghoul shirt that the guy wore to the tournament. Hopefully someone has a few good pictures of it that they can post since I am phone posting right now.

http://stores.inksoft.com/PRIVATEER_PRESS ?

Edit: Nvm, found a pic. Which of you goons is this?

Khisanth Magus posted:

Could you link to lists and placings?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Alpha Phoenix posted:

http://stores.inksoft.com/PRIVATEER_PRESS ?

Edit: Nvm, found a pic. Which of you goons is this?

Could you link to lists and placings?

Only info we have is from Jay right now. https://twitter.com/chainattackjay?lang=en Has his lists as well as the lists of all of his opponents.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Errata is out. http://files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf

Gang and flank fixed.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 18, 2016

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Rhupert Carvolo can no longer make Robots dance. RIP this game. Selling all models :(

Crazy Ferret fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 18, 2016

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Christ, this is basically a dozen pages of True Sight, Gang, and Flank changes.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

rantmo posted:

Christ, this is basically a dozen pages of True Sight, Gang, and Flank changes.

Yep. Sloan's feat got changed to during activation + free Fire Group.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Does the new wording on concealment change that whole "I have to move closer to my attacker to get concealment because they're on the other side of this small forest and I'm only partially in" dumbness?

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

"Remove Gunfighter from the mountain king"

This is because it's redundant, and you already have that ability as a gargantuan... right?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Alpha Phoenix posted:

"Remove Gunfighter from the mountain king"

This is because it's redundant, and you already have that ability as a gargantuan... right?

Correct.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

They still haven't quite figured out that the version of Gang Fighter Helga has needs to be different from the version she hands out, but otherwise a good set of corrections.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Is anyone else having trouble really grasping what the errata means due to rules and abilities being so new? Like at the end of Mk2 I knew immediately if a change was big. Now I look at an errata and I have to go dig for my physical cards to see if a change was a big deal

S.J.
May 19, 2008

waah posted:

Is anyone else having trouble really grasping what the errata means due to rules and abilities being so new? Like at the end of Mk2 I knew immediately if a change was big. Now I look at an errata and I have to go dig for my physical cards to see if a change was a big deal

Look, ninety nine percent of this is just changing the wording on charges, gang/flank/gang fighter to allow them to be used in all circumstances, even if a model is knocked down or stationary. Other things are just catching what looks like editing mistakes, like Disruption being a shakeable effect. These changes just are there to make those rules work the way they obviously ought to.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

They fixed Zaal, Hakaar, the Kovass, and the other thing.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

GoodBee posted:

They fixed Zaal, Hakaar, the Kovass, and the other thing.

Yeah they never confirmed my question about bronzebacks so I will have to bump it.

Was the change to Mak2 and vengance something worth paying attention to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

waah posted:

Definitely a challenge, especially since so much of this errata is the repeated correction of a handful of rules.