Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hot Toys Resistance Outfit Rey (from the end of the movie) was announced as a Star Wars Celebration exclusive.

I never really noticed in the movie that it's just separate pants, t-shirt, a vest and sleeves (because they're not attached to the vest, that would be silly.) I guess that was the fashion trend a long, long time ago.

The Jakku look was cooler anyway.

Edit: I didn't follow my own advice and read some posts again. People are complaining that the TFA Rey figures are skinnier than training for Episode 8, July 2016 Daisy Ridley. They just don't get how these things work.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Amazon has the Marvel Legends Captain America shield back up for preorder

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B4NLML2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks. The best part of this was that after I one-clicked it, it showed me the Figuarts Rock and Austin figures for $60 each, so I got those too! Thanks Amazon! Thamazon

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That Hot Toys Rey face is pretty bad, and transplanting it onto her end scene outfit makes it more glaringly obvious.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

therealjon_ posted:

That Hot Toys Rey face is pretty bad, and transplanting it onto her end scene outfit makes it more glaringly obvious.

It's one of those ones where the likeness only shows from one or two specific angles, like the AoU Hawkeye, any Scarlet Witch, or Civil War Ant-Man.

Edit: They also announced some September Batman event. No details except the website: http://batman100.jp

Batman isn't 100 years old yet so I don't know what that represents.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 14, 2016

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Plus shes way shorter than Finn when IRL they are the exact same height.

People on the Sideshow Freaks boards were complaining about her teeth - but I find that board is insane and full of people wanting exact replicas. The Darth Vader thread is hilarious since people are modding the gently caress out of things so it has dents and proper belts, etc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Plus shes way shorter than Finn when IRL they are the exact same height.

People on the Sideshow Freaks boards were complaining about her teeth - but I find that board is insane and full of people wanting exact replicas. The Darth Vader thread is hilarious since people are modding the gently caress out of things so it has dents and proper belts, etc.

Yeah but that's the Finn that's too tall.

Next to Kylo she's about the right height.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Kakarot posted:

I need a pic because this is hard to believe

It's hard to get a good picture with my phone and even then, the pictures don't do the faces justice:

They're clean and Rogue even has a little blush, which does wonders to make her look "real". Kitty doesn't look much like she did in the comics but her face is wonderful. Clean paint and realistic looking.

UPDATED TEAM SHOW YEEEEEAH. Just need a new Psylocke and Cyclops and I think we're good for a while.

Deadpool is really great but I wish they would've gone with a more scarlet or blood red instead of the more flat red they chose. I really like Cable too but can't get his shoulder packs to fit over his current outfit and have no idea how to get them to fit outside cutting them apart.

Juggernaut is a beast and I think I like him a tad more than the Marvel Select version due to him looking closer to his cartoon/comic counterpart. The Select version is phenomenal but honestly is too bulky. The BAF Juggs is intimidating while also scaling properly without looking too out of place.

Fantastic wave overall, A++ would buy again.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Louisgod posted:

It's hard to get a good picture with my phone and even then, the pictures don't do the faces justice:

They're clean and Rogue even has a little blush, which does wonders to make her look "real". Kitty doesn't look much like she did in the comics but her face is wonderful. Clean paint and realistic looking.

I really dislike that Rogue because her face seems too wide or something. She just looks"off."

Kitty, on the other hand, is fantastic. She looks more like Kitty than Kitty has ever looked in the comics (if that makes even a lick of sense).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Your ideal Kitty is a young Middle Eastern boy?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I dunno, I think both Rogue and Kitty look awesome. I also think the recent ML Black Cat is the pinnacle of ML female head sculpts, if that gives any insight into what I think is "good".

Speaking of female action figures, I'm a big Red Sonja fan so I got the new Phicen/Executive Replicas 1:6-scale Red Sonja figure and it's pretty great. I'm thinking of taking some photos of it battling my (lazy, sedentary) cat for comedic effect.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

I think I'm in love...

Sentinel sure makes some cool rear end figures.
I have resisted the urge to buy their War Machine figure, but I think I'm gonna get this one right away.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Your ideal Kitty is a young Middle Eastern boy?

I guess? Kitty's not supposed to be beautiful or glamorous, and I think that sculpt does a great job of achieving "plain but feminine."

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Kitty and Silk are the most clean painted and best sculpted Legends female heads ever done.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Get some weather stripping for your Detolfs to keep the dust out guys. It does wonders. I have none in mine and it doesn't distract from the overall appearance.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's just his custom Sooraya Qadir.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Vintersorg posted:

Get some weather stripping for your Detolfs to keep the dust out guys. It does wonders. I have none in mine and it doesn't distract from the overall appearance.

Do you have pictures/examples, young man?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Louisgod posted:

UPDATED TEAM SHOW YEEEEEAH. Just need a new Psylocke and Cyclops and I think we're good for a while.

Xavier looks kind of derpy. And what the hell is wrong with Jean's hand, it looks like her fingers are melting.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Timby posted:

Xavier looks kind of derpy. And what the hell is wrong with Jean's hand, it looks like her fingers are melting.

Xavier's tired and Jean's suffering from a bad case of man-hand.

Did I mention I'm selling the wolverine from this wave? I just needed the BAF piece. He's in perfect condition and a wonderful figure, let me know if anybody's interested.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Some salty motherfuckers in the doll thread today. How about we all just chill and let people enjoy their dollies even when they're not Hot Toys level.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Red posted:

Do you have pictures/examples, young man?

Just standard stuff just by the door. Some dust does get in but its really slow and keeps most out. I have two cats and there isn't much in there unless you really peek in.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I own that Jim Lee Jean and she just has the derpiest face, sad!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

Just standard stuff just by the door. Some dust does get in but its really slow and keeps most out. I have two cats and there isn't much in there unless you really peek in.

Hmmmmm.

I'm still thinking I'd like to buy a Fabrikor, even though it's significantly more expensive than a Detolf.

(Edit)

This is a Fabrikor (not mine):

I'm not even sure I have cool enough open figures to actually display (maybe a Horde Prime? Jungle Dutch?), except for:

Red fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jul 15, 2016

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

My brother has a fabrikor and it's really nice, except it's not as tall as the detolf so I don't know if it'd hold very many tall figures like Hot Toys. He had a shop cut a mirror for the back so you don't see the wall behind it and that makes it look even nicer.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Fabrikor is too industrial for me. Too many bold lines.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I like the Fabrikor, and the fact that it locks, but $200 is just ugh.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

The Rage posted:

I like the Fabrikor, and the fact that it locks, but $200 is just ugh.

That's just over 2 Detolfs, can't justify the smaller space for that much of an increase.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Drowning Rabbit posted:

That's just over 2 Detolfs, can't justify the smaller space for that much of an increase.

3 Detolfs will run you 210, so yeah, it's just not reasonable

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Louisgod posted:

They look alright in those suspiciously badly-lit small pictures I guess.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The Rage posted:

3 Detolfs will run you 210, so yeah, it's just not reasonable

The Fabrikor looks a lot nicer, and I'd only get one display case, so it seems worth it to me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Red posted:

The Fabrikor looks a lot nicer, and I'd only get one display case, so it seems worth it to me.

Yeah, everyone says that.

But a year from now you'll be thinking "it would be nice if the Star Wars ones had their own case..."

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!
Haha like anyone could fit just the Star Wars ones into a single case! I'm trying to negotiate more floor space with the wife to add more detolfs.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Huh

https://twitter.com/nerdist/status/754390602259759104

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Whoever decided that a super powered white dude beating up on a black dude twofer in today's political climate needs a promotion

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ali beats the poo poo out of Superman in that story.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I'd love to have that Superman with normal hands and a normal expression. That fig looks great.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Superman comes with a pair of regular hands too.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Bros don't forget neck day.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

RevKrule posted:

Bros don't forget neck day.

Brolly's always been a bit awkward that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Does anyone have a ML Storm they want to trade for the new ML Rogue? I've never been a big Rogue fan but there's a Storm-shaped hole in my shelf.