Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Sounds similar to when TTK came out and I could get a 6-7 KD everytime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Lmao we are getting fully kitted out dudes with flawless emblems and proper builds and partyCrashers and poo poo and we are pushing their poo poo in with green handcannons and snipers lmao.

There are so many people who have been gifted great connections and protection from good players. I'm legit mad.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Lmao we are getting fully kitted out dudes with flawless emblems and proper builds and partyCrashers and poo poo and we are pushing their poo poo in with green handcannons and snipers lmao.

There are so many people who have been gifted great connections and protection from good players. I'm legit mad.

http://xboxclips.com/GliterRainbow/5c0ece94-dd23-4efa-b197-15dc9aba7d53

334s vs 130s

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Can you only get one weapon and one piece of armor from CoE a week? Not counting the rep rewards obviously.

\/ Feck. Here I remembered getting three in one week but one was the rep reward and I didn't notice :qq:

fennesz fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 18, 2016

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

fennesz posted:

Can you only get one weapon and one piece of armor from CoE a week? Not counting the rep rewards obviously.
per character, yes

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Thats the part that pisses me off. We get a worse product being we are better at using the product.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
look I'm all about the modern pvp experience being poo poo but pissing in a bunch of strangers Cheerios or acting like bungie is 'protecting' them from you is loving mind numbingly dumb

of course they're 'protecting' them from you, you're much loving better than they are. what do you expect bungie to do? put 44 percent win rate players against orchestrated six stacks? the lag is garbage but what the gently caress it's not like playing against these kindergarten scrubs is somehow better?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I don't care how good anyone is as long as the connections are good.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

look I'm all about the modern pvp experience being poo poo but pissing in a bunch of strangers Cheerios or acting like bungie is 'protecting' them from you is loving mind numbingly dumb

of course they're 'protecting' them from you, you're much loving better than they are. what do you expect bungie to do? put 44 percent win rate players against orchestrated six stacks? the lag is garbage but what the gently caress it's not like playing against these kindergarten scrubs is somehow better?

90% of people who play are trash. So they will still find trash players to play against 90% of the time. As for the 10% of the time they get crushed? Stiff poo poo

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

The answer is not punishing users for being good.

If you went solely connection you wouldn't be matched with just scrubs. You'd get matched with all skill levels and the game would work as intended.

Opporunity to play the game in its best version should be universal. You shouldnt be locked out of playing against non laggy players because they're not on your level.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Anything is better than the poo poo stain lobbies full of loving red bars. If it takes a new account and making GBS threads on people that refuse to get better than so be it. It's an alien concept to me that bungie thinks it's okay for bullets I shoot to not connect while I take an rear end full of buckshot from across the map.

Why you can't figure this out is the biggest travesty tbh

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

nice meltdown

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Nice meltdown

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Nice meltdown

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Same firerate.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't really have a vested interest in protecting random strangers who suck at destiny, I'm just pointing out this isn't really going to do much to change the state of things. you're still going to get tossed in the same crappy laggy lobbies as soon as you return to your actual accounts, so what's the actual point here?

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Whoops

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i don't really have a vested interest in protecting random strangers who suck at destiny, I'm just pointing out this isn't really going to do much to change the state of things. you're still going to get tossed in the same crappy laggy lobbies as soon as you return to your actual accounts, so what's the actual point here?

We want to enjoy a lag free PvP experience we paid the same money for as these morons.

It really is that simple.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Maker Of Shoes posted:

We want to enjoy a lag free PvP experience we paid the same money for as these morons.

It really is that simple.

If you started from day 1, bought the season pass, and TTK when it launched you've put in $130+ for this game (more in other countries). You shouldn't have to put up with red bars.

ReverendDre fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 18, 2016

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Yeah that's really it. I've had 3 deaths in 20ish matches where I've gone 'oh gently caress that". It's worth it for the connections alone.

Add to this that after 10 or so matches you start getting dudes who rock flawless emblems and obviously care about their pvp builds because they are running decent stat splits....and you get to poo poo all over them with a green hand cannon, well that's icing on the cake.

After I start getting poo poo connections I have no problem starting over and using a slightly different green hand cannon to do the same.

As was just said right above me, I paid the same amount of money for this game as the folks who get to experience relatively lag and disruption free pvp matches because they aren't as good. That's bullshit and they can take the 1/15 matches where someone like me comes in and drops a 5.0+ on em, just like I do when I get hosed up by stacked squads. Maybe they'll learn to not round corners with their head up or how to slide shotgun in the process, just like I learn new angles on lanes and escape/bait routes when i ay against better players.

Destiny Pubstomper fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 18, 2016

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Going to run 5 games on my new account and report back with any fuckery/lack thereof I observe.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Game 1: A control match against a 6 man with MIDA, UR, PC. So the usual poo poo. They were also all over the board with their connections. Just barely managed to scrape past with a win.
Gonna call that a loss on the scale of how different things are for someone of my skill level, that level being slightly below average sometimes.

Game 2: Another control match. Nothing spectacular. No one on either team too lovely, but no real superstars.

Game 3: Booted up Rift because gently caress my life. As expected, my team happened to be full of braindead fucks. No one wanted to leave the spawn and attempt to grab the spark, one guy maining a sidearm. Other team consisted of PC using titans and radiance warlocks with TLW.

Game 4: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/PanicSlam666/video/19694363
That's all I have to say about that game.

Game 5: Finally landed a clash match on asylum. Nobody on my team understood that when I slap 2 dudes off heavy with a super, that means to follow through. Redbar on my team, but nothing near superstar status.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I'm hard

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Gameplay from this weeks trials map: https://youtu.be/Qyap2PUmXZM

Also, i really don't like this map and it's even worse in trials. The lower spawn (what we had in the clip) is at a huge disadvantage.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't think pubstomping via account fuckery is going to convince Bungie to let it happen naturally without account fuckery.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Shut up its working.

What does sbmm mean?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

haveblue posted:

I don't think pubstomping via account fuckery is going to convince Bungie to let it happen naturally without account fuckery.

The only reason its possible is because bungie puts all the scrubs into the kiddie pool and making smurf accounts just gives you access to the pool.

If the matches were pure CBMM then this wouldn't be possible.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Bungie press release: "Even after two years, Destiny continues to attract more and more new players. Many of them only play Crucible after using the Spark of Light right after the tutorial level, have some kind of clever 'SBMM' joke in their gamertag, and stop playing around level 27 or so, but they're definitely new players."

This was their plan all along :tinfoil:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

Gameplay from this weeks trials map: https://youtu.be/Qyap2PUmXZM

Also, i really don't like this map and it's even worse in trials. The lower spawn (what we had in the clip) is at a huge disadvantage.

I really struggled with this map and dislike it for 6's as well. I will say that that tripmines in the party room easily got me more kills than sniping or primary by far. How people do not see those things even at high level play is baffling to me.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/lQcidSd.gifv

Out of town for half a month, completely lost my hand-eye with my new home theater/gaming setup, and my reward for having no skill is a game of Control wherein the entire enemy team gathers on Not-B. :bravo: Once my Titan starts getting seriously screwed, my Level 2 Warlock will debut.

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

I do things and make things

Neo Helbeast posted:

334s vs 130s

this was such a fun match.

http://i.imgur.com/uRy0pXE.gifv

hit 3 times with a Hawkmoon and this player dies in a split second to a grenade and the Duke Mk. II while I play my SwankyCornholer account.

schmeo fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jul 18, 2016

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

poo poo players against poo poo players will never improve, but if you mix it up others will. It's not about pub stomping (that's a bonus) it's about bullets actually connecting because I'm not playing someone in Australia, Brazil, Russian with an internet connection that is powered by a crippled hamster on a rusty wheel.

It doesn't seem that difficult to but connection as priority and keep some level of scrub protection in play, but what they are doing isn't working when I'm shooting green bars that are teleporting across the map or not taking damage like this jackass that tanked a golden gun shot.

http://imgur.com/rqGEQmv

http://i.imgur.com/rqGEQmv.gifv

schmeo fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 18, 2016

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

I wish I would have had the laugh emote on.

http://i.imgur.com/z0R5Ca2.gifv

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006
I just picked up Destiny this weekend after seeing a crazy good deal on it for Xbox One. Since I haven't played before I'm waiting to use the Spark of Light on a second character while I use the first to get to know the game. Anything I should be doing besides story quests and bounties as I level?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dr. Light posted:

I just picked up Destiny this weekend after seeing a crazy good deal on it for Xbox One. Since I haven't played before I'm waiting to use the Spark of Light on a second character while I use the first to get to know the game. Anything I should be doing besides story quests and bounties as I level?

No, that's pretty much it. The game is vastly improved from launch in terms of the guidance it gives you for finding newly unlocked activities. For endgame stuff if you're on PS4 you can find teams in a thread in private game servers and if you're on xbox there's a google spreadsheet in a treehouse somewhere.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

No, that's pretty much it. The game is vastly improved from launch in terms of the guidance it gives you for finding newly unlocked activities. For endgame stuff if you're on PS4 you can find teams in a thread in private game servers and if you're on xbox there's a google spreadsheet in a treehouse somewhere.

Did you even read the post? The first sentence stated in clear terms they bought an xbox.

PS4 players, not the sharpest knives.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Did you even read the post? The first sentence stated in clear terms they bought an xbox.

PS4 players, not the sharpest knives.

Sorry, sometimes it's hard to believe sensible adults actually do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
http://i.imgur.com/PZDeiz6.gifv

me dead from a UR and tards dying to tripmines in the party room. trials dot gif

• Locked thread