Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
PWInsider:

quote:

As noted in an exclusive interview in the Elite section of PWInsider.com yesterday, Kevin Kelly is now working full-time for the company. Previously, he had been working a regular job and handling his ROH announcing duties around those duties. ROH had been interested in using him full-time and those conversations had started and continued, off and on, since around the time Sinclair purchased the company.

Kelly will be working as something of a liason between talent and the ROH office, which has never had a "talent relations" department, for lack of a better term. A lot of different duties fell on booker Hunter Johnson, who with everything he was tasked to do, sometimes wasn't the quickest in the communications department as he was being spread between booking, producing TV, dealing with talent, etc. One of the things Kelly has already introduced is specific "office hours" at live events, so talents can come to him with concerns and questions.

For those curious, the creative team remains the same with Johnson heading things while names like Kelly, BJ Whitmer, Christopher Daniels and Steve Corino also toss ideas out the day of shows and agent matches.

Kelly will also be spearheading a number of projects for the company that have been in the talking stages for some time, including an ROH App and a ROH Roku channel. There are plans to retool and relaunch the ROH website as well. This was not a sudden move by the company but something that had been planned for some time.

Beer City Bruiser and Silas Young missed last night's ROH TV Taping in Philadelphia. The two were at the airport in Milwaukee from 5 AM - 2 PM as their 7 AM flight to Philly never took off. ROH officials told the pair to head home at 2 PM as the feeling was they had gone above the call of duty by being at the airport all day waiting to fly and since the flight issues were the airline's fault, there is obviously no heat on the pair. The plan is to get back to the planned Briscoes vs. Young & Bruiser bout down the line.

Mandy Leon missed the TV taping last night due to some sort of illness we are hearing. We wish her the best.

Jimmy Jacobs was visiting in Philly last night.

We are told that based on how Jay White was used last night, it was obvious they are building him into a player for the company.

Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino will be calling the final three nights of the New Japan Pro Wrestling G1 Climax for New Japan World.

The ROH UK tour in November will be fully fledged ROH events, not events partnered with a local promotion. Locations and talents are slated to be announced next week.

The TV Taping last night was sold out.

There are already plans for ROH events in Japan in conjunction with New Japan in 2017.

ROH is also slowly moving forward in building a relationship with CMLL in Mexico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

a positive report. theyre gonna make jay white world champ btw

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

a positive report. theyre gonna make jay white world champ btw

There's smarky baggage of why is a "New Japan young boy" getting an immediate push being presented as equal ROH's best. Although I think there's some merit to that White is SO good in the ring and carries himself so well that he makes that not matter at all that much. Jay feuding with Will Ferrara would be silly and a waste.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
NJPW bringing back the Corino/Kelly combo for the G1 is good news, Kelly is whatever but Corino is great for NJPW color in English.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

NJPW bringing back the Corino/Kelly combo for the G1 is good news, Kelly is whatever but Corino is great for NJPW color in English.

Gimme Kevin Kelly over a turd like Striker any day. Kelly is competent, and knows how to work with Corino.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
I thought on the BOSJ shows they were legit very good. Maybe because they knew a lot of the guys but after a bad Dome show I think they've really gotten a feel for NJ commentary.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
what was Kevin Kelly's day job

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

I'm gonna guess something in TV production or radio, considering he's got a broadcasting degree

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Bard Maddox posted:

Was only told "Sales".

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cody Rhodes confirmed for Final Battle

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Heard this this weekend. Had hoped someone would confirm it:

https://twitter.com/SeanRadican/status/755805147100504064

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I didn't think I could be less hyped for Final Battle at the moment, but that Cody Rhodes news might just have done it

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Should have posted this yesterday too:

https://twitter.com/SeanRadican/status/755504867205009409

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
:lol: ROH is such a mess right now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Lethal, Cole, the Bucks, and ReDragon

Holy lol if they lose even two of those

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i've p much lost all hope for that company for the time being and just hope NJPW can snatch up reDRagon like they did Elgin

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

i've p much lost all hope for that company for the time being and just hope NJPW can snatch up reDRagon like they did Elgin

That's a very likely scenario. New Japan want the Bucks but the Bucks are tired of Japan and likely WWE bound as a package with Adam Cole.

No idea about Lethal. As a general comment WWE is interested in absolutely everyone. So that might happen.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What happened to ya, ROH? Was it Delirious? I wanna blame Delirious.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Why anyone gave the book to Delirious is astounding. He must work for free.

I wonder what ROH 2017 looks like with all the major names with contracts up gone. Is the answer just Cody Rhodes? Cody Rhodes vs. Jay Briscoe for the ROH Title! Get....eh.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Delirious had a couple good years with the book and like most bookers ran out of good ideas. I'm not psyched at all about Cody but everyone's booking him so him being on Final Battle was expected.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I could see reDRagon leaving for a full-time NJPW gig, especially with Kyle saying he would bulk up for heavyweight.

I'd bet good money that the Bucks don't re-sign. They've done everything that they can in the indies and they clearly want to set up their families for the long run. I look forward to the 2017 match of the year, American Alpha vs. the Young Bucks

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It's pretty sad given that less than a year ago you had Lethal vs Styles and a ton of other cool stuff going into Final Battle and this year it's ehhhh

I can't really blame Delirious completely, at the end of the day it's obvious Sinclair doesn't view RoH as anything other than cheap programming. When you're easily outbid for talent by TNA it's pretty obvious no one is really trying

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

If they want a cool main event for Final Battle while putting the title on someone they know isn't going to be leaving for WWE there's one obvious choice.....

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It's tough when the booker doesn't speak english

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Kylo/Shibata at Field of Honor

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

It's tough when the booker doesn't speak english

ROH should just give Jado or Gedo the book.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

Kylo/Shibata at Field of Honor

hell yeah

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Germansimp posted:

Sadly Jado's track record at turning around struggling BushiRoad vassal proomotions isn't very good

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Germansimp posted:

yikes

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Blind item: You'd expect a drug and gambling addict to take more chances with their booking.

rovert fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jul 21, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rack em

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Haaaaabaaaawahhgimmedaovaaaaaaaa wahahabbawahfordawhitesoxahwahwah /runs around the ring

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

rovert posted:

Blind item: You'd expect a drug and gambling addict to take move chances with their booking.

:drat:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Well duh, clearly Delirious has Festus disease and just needs a straight edge person to restore him to sanity

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm helping a friend buy her husband a present for their first anniversary, and she suggested wrestling tickets as a good "paper anniversary" present. The two options I was looking at in the New York area were a Smackdown taping and ROH Final Battle, and given the husband's despondency about Smackdown's fate in the draft, I'm very much leaning toward Final Battle. Before I confirm with her that she should buy the tickets, can y'all just reassure me that a Final Battle card is gonna be worth seeing to someone who hasn't really seen much of any ROH but loves NJPW and PWG?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
As boring as RoH has been lately, it seems pretty impossible that Final Battle wouldn't be a ton of fun to see live

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

I'm helping a friend buy her husband a present for their first anniversary, and she suggested wrestling tickets as a good "paper anniversary" present. The two options I was looking at in the New York area were a Smackdown taping and ROH Final Battle, and given the husband's despondency about Smackdown's fate in the draft, I'm very much leaning toward Final Battle. Before I confirm with her that she should buy the tickets, can y'all just reassure me that a Final Battle card is gonna be worth seeing to someone who hasn't really seen much of any ROH but loves NJPW and PWG?

Given the talent involved, absolutely.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its at the hammerstein, the crowd isnt gonna let it be anything less than a hot show

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

I Before E posted:

Given the talent involved, absolutely.

Oh for real? I checked the page today and the only confirmed star I saw was Cody. Is anyone else confirmed, or is that more of an "It's Final Battle, they're gonna have a stacked card"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jenny Angel posted:

Oh for real? I checked the page today and the only confirmed star I saw was Cody. Is anyone else confirmed, or is that more of an "It's Final Battle, they're gonna have a stacked card"

They'll have everyone still on the roster plus New Japan talent. I assume the date was picked with that in mind.

• Locked thread