Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

"God dammit Jimmy quit crying so I can take this picture then you can take the costume off"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Is that not a believable expression for pincushion head man? I haven't actually seen Hellraiser so

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nazzadan posted:

How can I[15F] dealing with my conspiracy theorist parents[50s F&M]?Non-Romantic

In the comments she elaborates, her parents will not let her go away to college, she can't have any money, can't go to the library, etc.

It's kinda more sad then funny actually
jesus that's depressing

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Welp, sorry for being a downer. I thought that post was funny at first but by the time I pasted it I realized it was just sad.

loquacius posted:

how does this not qualify as abuse

Apparently if your parents feed you, cloth you, don't hit you or yell at you they can do whatever they want ideologically even against the kid's will.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

loquacius posted:

Is that not a believable expression for pincushion head man? I haven't actually seen Hellraiser so

Nah, Pinhead has a menacing stare thing, not a deer caught in the headlights.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nazzadan posted:

Welp, sorry for being a downer. I thought that post was funny at first but by the time I pasted it I realized it was just sad.

Apparently if your parents feed you, cloth you, don't hit you or yell at you they can do whatever they want ideologically even against the kid's will.

Been happening with religion forever.

BOOOOM! Did I just blow your minds?! Put me back in my sheath.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Killer Queen posted:

I don't really understand why some dude would be all conflicted about consensually banging a 22 year old, but this is reddit, so naturally this is the biggest decision of his worthless life.

Too old?

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Nazzadan posted:

Blech. That's always the worst, because a lot of those stories end in tragedy. The only good advice I have for her is to set in motion plans for moving out so she can do it without warning once she's legally allowed to, and hope her parents don't stab her because they believe she is a lizard person or something before then.

kuddles fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jul 18, 2016

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
lol I got banned from https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships - their loss

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Somethingawful definitely has more pedos per capita than reddit

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I renounced my US citizenship and became stateless

quote:

So, I renounced my U.S. citizenship and became stateless three years ago. Since then, I have been living in the Far East as an illegal alien. However, I have no travel documents and am unable to apply for a visa, anywhere, and am living in legal limbo. I have written emails to the U.N. and they go unanswered. I have contacted the IOM, but they don't know what they can do. Any ideas?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

Bwahahaha! I'd just round up a group of na'er-do-wells and start a-pirating. What the gently caress else is stopping you at that point?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Frosted Flake posted:

Step one: don't do the stupid idiotic thing which you did for no reason

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

quote:

What I literally asked for was to not be an American. I never stated I wanted to live my life without documentation. I am not a martyr for a cause.

I was in a very compromising situation. The stress and fears that I had at the time may have effected me to act in a rash and non-informed manner.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Anyone wanna take bets on where in the "far east" they are? My guess is Philipines or Thailand.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

If Thailand I can guess what the "compromising" situation was...

batebro
Sep 24, 2012

:smugbert:

Frosted Flake posted:

I know a bit about this from a past client of mine - to actually renounce your citizenship, you literally have to go and do so in front of specific officials in a foreign country. As I've been told, those officials are generally good about warning people about not doing that, and generally will not let someone become stateless (especially because it pretty much instantaneously imposes a burden on the hosting foreign country).

This is a pretty good summary, though there's more to the law:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal-considerations/us-citizenship-laws-policies/renunciation-of-citizenship.html

In other words, this idiot was specifically warned about this situation, is now is regretting his incredibly dumb loving choice, and thinks the UN will wave a magic wand and fix his stupidity.

(On the plus side, 99.9% of people who claim to have "renounced their citizenship" never did, they just thought they did when flipping the bird towards someone at an embassy or something)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

If Thailand I can guess what the "compromising" situation was...

his wife and kids go to the same school

he probably didn't want to be extradited

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Brits have to be very careful, if they cum or fart in the direction of the Queen they become stateless and can be legally hunted as game. That's why there's always so much media coverage of where the queen is at the moment.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

quote:

I'm afraid my friend's [28/F] boyfriend [28/M] might kill her.

quote:

On the cab ride to our place though he just started going off on paranoid tangents. We were all talking and -everything- we were talking about he'd associate with him in a negative way. Like I saw a funny picture on my phone about a dog and showed it to Angela and my fiance and to him, but when I showed it to him he was like "what you think I'm a loving dog?". In the car ride he started asking all of us to stop making jokes about him, and that he didn't like it, and that he even knew my fiance was making jokes about him. We were not...we let him know that, but he didn't believe us.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

what did you do?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Xaris posted:

what did you do?

Knowing that sub, gave the guy in the story the benefit of the doubt

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ugh, reading reddit posts makes me glad we charge money here. Not that there aren't people stupid enough to think a person that didn't want to see a dog meme is going to kill their significant other, but that when they try to convey that thought they can be banned for typing something that poorly.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

My [21F] boyfriend [20M] hurts me when I'm cute

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

I think it reads better to put the apostrophe after the description box thing, and delete the space:

I'm afraid my friend[28/F]'s boyfriend[28/M] might kill her.

Thats all.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Jesus, some of these people need to learn to just communicate better.

quote:

Background: Married 4 years. She's 3 months pregnant. It was planned. Once we found out she was pregnant, she informed me that she would not be returning to work as being a SAHM has always been her lifelong ambition. News to me, especially as we're not really a one income couple without some MAJOR lifestyle overhauls. We have a mortgage, car payments, student loans, ever increasing credit card debt. We're pretty close to living paycheck to paycheck on two incomes.

I express doubt that we can make it on my income alone. She laughs me off and repeatedly says she knows I'll make it work.

Issue at hand: About three weeks ago, she starts talking about how excited she is about what I'll be getting her for a "push present." No clue what she was talking about - I had to Google. I guess men must provide lavish gifts for the mother of their children upon the child's birth.

Start learning this a HUGE topic of discussion in her social group (4 of her 7 close friends are also pregnant). Another friend of hers gave birth a year ago, and her husband showed after delivery with a new iPad for her. Apparently he is now considered a massive cheapskate and rear end in a top hat by my wife and her friends.

All girls are equally giddy about their push presents and have all devoted various social media outlets to discussing and coming up with ideas. My wife has sent me a list of ideas. The cheapest thing on the list is just over $5k.

There is no way I can afford something like this. I mean I'm all for bringing her flowers or taking her out to a really nice meal once she's up to it, but spending thousands of dollars on a trinket just isn't realistic (all the items on the list are jewelry, except for the car). Frankly, and I know this makes me sound like a jerk, but the fact that this expectation has been put on me is really becoming a big turn off. I mean, I'm already looking for part time work and maybe even a second job so I can support us, and now she's demanding expensive gifts on top of this? It's very frustrating.
At first I thought she was joking. When she realized I really thought that, she got very upset, claiming that expensive push presents are what our society expects men to contribute, since I've contributed nothing else to the pregnancy (not really sure about that one..). Also that all of her friends would think very poorly of me if I did not show up with something off her list, and that me looking bad in the eyes of her friends was unacceptable.

So do I suck it up and buy her something I'll spend next 5 years paying for, or do I run the risk of letting my marriage suffer by not giving her what she's asked for?

tl;dr: Wife wants an expensive (for me) present for giving birth. I'm not in the position to provide it.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

CommissarRed posted:

Jesus, some of these people need to learn to just communicate better.
The majority of the relationship questions are either total non-issues that the op already knows the answer to or can be answered with "have a nice life". There is even some overlap between type a and type b there.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lol how does that not come up if you planned your kid?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Sounds like a fake story to get the MRAs/red pillers/whatever they are called now up in arms, the woman is too perfectly a caricature of what they view all women as being

SOMETHING ON THE INTERNET IS UNTRUE OR EXAGGERATED

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Business Gorillas posted:

Lol how does that not come up if you planned your kid?

my thought exactly. also, how did you not realise you married a whorebitch?

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Paineopticon posted:

Sounds like a fake story to get the MRAs/red pillers/whatever they are called now up in arms, the woman is too perfectly a caricature of what they view all women as being

ohhhhhhh i get it. what asshats.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Paineopticon posted:

SOMETHING ON THE INTERNET IS UNTRUE OR EXAGGERATED

Yeah that thing is fake as hell but crazies will believe every word of it because it's what they want to hear, so it's a-okay in my opinion :tipshat:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Xaris posted:

what did you do?
They didn't give me a reason. I assume they can't take my hard hitting and sometimes irony-poisoned brand of tough love.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I sort of doubt whether that story is real but yeahhhhhh an adult who is attempting to raise a child should probably be able to deal with being told "this expectation of yours is not within our means to achieve"

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Then again we had star wars toy hoarders here when they were expecting a kid

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Some background, I have met this girl about 2 months ago and we just matched so well. But she had relationship troubles with parents (they are divorced and each trying to pull daughter their way) so after about a week I asked if she wanted to stay at my place for a while since we were sleeping together like every other day. And she said yes, moved her stuff and we have been a happy happy couple even calling each other husband and wifey among friends.
Coming from a bit of bad high-school background (just finished school this year) she had access to drugs. I am pretty chill about it and do light ones in company like once in 1-3 months. She started bringing weed like once in 4 days we just smoked on the balcony and chilled together, but then came GHB.
Its hard to explain this drug since it's so different in overall feelings. You feel a bit drunk but instead of tired you feel energetic, your legs want to move and you constantly want to do stuff. It also gives super sexuality where you want to have sex non stop, have better than normal feelings and don't cum for literally hours and as I said you don't get tired so you CAN last that long.
Of course it was crazy good and we've been doing GHB once every 4 days, weed consumption stopped. Bad things happened when she moved to her parents to help around house for couple of days while I was busy at work since she took the bottle of GHB with her and been taking doses constantly. When I came to visit I took away the bottle, but of course she has hid some from me. I was pretty worried about her developing addiction as she said that she was feeling like poo poo and needed another dose. I knew when she would return back to my place I would stop the regularity and all will be OK.
Fast forward few days she moved back and we had a small party with friends. She took a medium dose prior to coming over and all was well. In a few hours she started getting sexual and we sent friends away to get some time to ourselves. Obviously I wanted to stay on the same wave so I took a medium dose, she insisted that she will take as well. Knowing how easy it is to overdose I warned her that she will OD, but hell she didn't listed.
So we were going at it for about an hour and I notice her getting quite passive and literally falling asleep. If you don't know overdose on Ghb just makes you fall into deep sleep as if you are dead. That's why it's prescribed for people with narcolepsy. And here she was dead asleep on my bed. I put her on the side in case she vomits and put an empty bucket beside her. Then it hit me, hit me hard, I wanted sex so bad and seeing her naked on the bed I did it. It felt kinda strange having sex with unconscious person, but it felt good with the drive that GHB gives you.
So as I tried to keep it quick and as I was about to finish I guess some contraction happened inside of her and literally rained piss all over the bed. It was wet everywhere. Since both me and her are about 70kg I couldn't take her off the bed alone and instead rolled her away, put some towels underneath and rolled her back on them. Then fell asleep.
Then in the morning she woke up and changed the towels, she didn't notice anything wrong and thought that we were just sweating a lot during the night. She did ask if I put the towels underneath and I said yes, you OD and piss yourself all over last night. She felt shame, like real shame. Instantly took the bedsheets and covers off the bed along with towels and told me she'd wash them all home and bring back. She said that she never ever is going to take drugs again and feels ashamed and sorry for what happened and any other guy would dump her right away.
I didn't expect such a positive outcome and kept my mouth shut. 2 weeks passed since that incident and she really did stop everything. Now it kind of bugs me that in a way what I did was wrong even though we do have regular sex and live together, but at the same time should she know? Right now it's just me and you guys.
Tldr My gf overdosed and my sexual desire under affection lead to her peeing herself. She doesn't know the cause and shame from the incident made her quit drugs. Should I keep my mouth shut?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Some background, I have met this girl about 2 months ago and we just matched so well. But she had relationship troubles with parents (they are divorced and each trying to pull daughter their way) so after about a week I asked if she wanted to stay at my place for a while since we were sleeping together like every other day. And she said yes, moved her stuff and we have been a happy happy couple even calling each other husband and wifey among friends.
Coming from a bit of bad high-school background (just finished school this year) she had access to drugs. I am pretty chill about it and do light ones in company like once in 1-3 months. She started bringing weed like once in 4 days we just smoked on the balcony and chilled together, but then came GHB.
Its hard to explain this drug since it's so different in overall feelings. You feel a bit drunk but instead of tired you feel energetic, your legs want to move and you constantly want to do stuff. It also gives super sexuality where you want to have sex non stop, have better than normal feelings and don't cum for literally hours and as I said you don't get tired so you CAN last that long.
Of course it was crazy good and we've been doing GHB once every 4 days, weed consumption stopped. Bad things happened when she moved to her parents to help around house for couple of days while I was busy at work since she took the bottle of GHB with her and been taking doses constantly. When I came to visit I took away the bottle, but of course she has hid some from me. I was pretty worried about her developing addiction as she said that she was feeling like poo poo and needed another dose. I knew when she would return back to my place I would stop the regularity and all will be OK.
Fast forward few days she moved back and we had a small party with friends. She took a medium dose prior to coming over and all was well. In a few hours she started getting sexual and we sent friends away to get some time to ourselves. Obviously I wanted to stay on the same wave so I took a medium dose, she insisted that she will take as well. Knowing how easy it is to overdose I warned her that she will OD, but hell she didn't listed.
So we were going at it for about an hour and I notice her getting quite passive and literally falling asleep. If you don't know overdose on Ghb just makes you fall into deep sleep as if you are dead. That's why it's prescribed for people with narcolepsy. And here she was dead asleep on my bed. I put her on the side in case she vomits and put an empty bucket beside her. Then it hit me, hit me hard, I wanted sex so bad and seeing her naked on the bed I did it. It felt kinda strange having sex with unconscious person, but it felt good with the drive that GHB gives you.
So as I tried to keep it quick and as I was about to finish I guess some contraction happened inside of her and literally rained piss all over the bed. It was wet everywhere. Since both me and her are about 70kg I couldn't take her off the bed alone and instead rolled her away, put some towels underneath and rolled her back on them. Then fell asleep.
Then in the morning she woke up and changed the towels, she didn't notice anything wrong and thought that we were just sweating a lot during the night. She did ask if I put the towels underneath and I said yes, you OD and piss yourself all over last night. She felt shame, like real shame. Instantly took the bedsheets and covers off the bed along with towels and told me she'd wash them all home and bring back. She said that she never ever is going to take drugs again and feels ashamed and sorry for what happened and any other guy would dump her right away.
I didn't expect such a positive outcome and kept my mouth shut. 2 weeks passed since that incident and she really did stop everything. Now it kind of bugs me that in a way what I did was wrong even though we do have regular sex and live together, but at the same time should she know? Right now it's just me and you guys.
Tldr My gf overdosed and my sexual desire under affection lead to her peeing herself. She doesn't know the cause and shame from the incident made her quit drugs. Should I keep my mouth shut?

please go on there and asked if he finished or not, that's left out of the story

thanks

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Otisburg posted:

please go on there and asked if he finished or not, that's left out of the story

thanks
I was banned I'm sorry I can't.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

every sentence in that one is worse than the last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Omfg

Yeah, what nemesis said. An actual train wreck

• Locked thread