Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

this keyboard has blues which i guess are 'the most clicky' ?

blues are a good place to start because they're the loudest and will annoy everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Red Square Bear posted:

I'm the spacebar marked "quickfire".

:gizz::smith:

o poo poo somehow i didn't notice this :barf:

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

o poo poo somehow i didn't notice this :barf:

iirc quickfires have weird key sizes and won't look/feel as nice if you try to swap it

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
depends on which quickfire you get, only one model has a standard bottom row

Corsair Vengeance K70 / Strafe / Strafe RGB

Ducky | Das | Deck | WASD | Rosewill RK-9000 | CM Storm QuickFire XT

Max Nighthawk | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Monoprice 9180, 9181, 9433 | Func KB 460 | Sentey Crimson , Cobalt Pro | Tesoro G1N, G1NL, G3NL

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

Captain Foo posted:

this keyboard has blues which i guess are 'the most clicky' ?

greens are louder but yeah, blues have the clicky slider

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Wasdkeyboards will mail you a replacement usb pcb and spudger for free so that's cool

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i just ordered a topre keyboard. type heaven. the usb port on my filco is messed up

hope it's good!

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

There is nothing professional about this whatsoever

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

whats a good wireless mechanical keyboard?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

maniacdevnull posted:

a miracle

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i dont believe there are any

even though there is nothing at all wrong with the concept

a wireless conversion for a wasd would be jizzablke

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

maniacdevnull posted:

there's a noopoo or ropoo wireless mech keyboard iirc. i saw them on aliexpress but don't have a link handy.

fake edit: first hit on google
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...2228425269.html

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

wow thats pricey

i like the buckling springs in the model f i got up and running but it is loud af and either i keep it here and my family kills me or i take it to work and my coworkers kill me. also the weird layout is hard to get used to.

whats a good, quiet starter mech keyboard? are brown/clear switches the way to go for quiet typing?

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

maniacdevnull posted:

wow thats pricey

i like the buckling springs in the model f i got up and running but it is loud af and either i keep it here and my family kills me or i take it to work and my coworkers kill me. also the weird layout is hard to get used to.

whats a good, quiet starter mech keyboard? are brown/clear switches the way to go for quiet typing?

i've been pleased with my matias quiet pro

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

maniacdevnull posted:

wow thats pricey

either of those switches with o-rings would be quiet-ish

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

maniacdevnull posted:

i use clears at the office without o-rings and haven't had anyone mention it. i'm a light typist though, most of my coworkers using rubber dome keyboards are louder.

code with clears is good board, and just about everything else with clears seems to be out of stock everywhere. that's what i'd go with. the caps will get shiny and gross but you can always swap them out later.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

There Will Be Penalty posted:

i've been pleased with my matias quiet pro

same, I love mine

the stock key caps blow and there are very few vendors of good doubleshots that fit alps but I managed to get a PC set and just swap out the alphas and that was a good start

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

maniacdevnull posted:

you get a USB/Bluetooth adapter

you plug your Griffin iMate into it

you plug your Apple Extended Keyboard II into that

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

maniacdevnull posted:

actually it looks like the Matias Laptop Pro is a Bluetooth version of their Mini Quiet Pro, which is pretty nice and has very similar feel to the Apple Extended Keyboard II

(the Matias key switches are clones of the ALPS key switches used on most variants of AEKII, and the Quiet ones feel a little more like the Mitsumi key switches used on the rest)

edit: looks like you also want a quiet mech, so the Matias Laptop Pro would kill two birds with one stone

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

maniacdevnull posted:

wow thats pricey

IBM Model M with the Floss Mod

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
re: wireless mechanical

I have a kbtalking pro with browns that does like 10 bt profiles and works with iOS and Android.

it also has a noodle timer on it.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

holy poo poo guys topre keys feel so good!! think I just jizzed playing type racer

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

i want to try a topre board but i don't know how much resistance to go for and that's a pretty expensive guessing game.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

jony neuemonic posted:

i want to try a topre board but i don't know how much resistance to go for and that's a pretty expensive guessing game.

I didn't bother researching. Just picked up a keyboard and it feels fine.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

jony neuemonic posted:

45g is pretty much standard. Most come standard 45g. Moving from blues to topre was easy and feels good. Would like to try 55g though.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

guess i want 55g then, i prefer clears over blues.

thanks thread and :rip: wallet.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
next input device purchase:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Jimmy Carter posted:

i'll see your gay i-device and raise you a proper business keyboard

buckling spring, ergonomic, split

:getin:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGYgUlrZTJ8
my hands hurt looking at this guy

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

im screaming

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

Jimmy Carter posted:

was there ever an official Wu-Tang keyboard? i know they had a PSX controller from when Shaolin Style came out

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
the living computer museum had a tent at the summer street fair in west seattle

https://imgur.com/a/eT2Ld

none of the keys felt good to me.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
holy poo poo text blade finally shipped

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jimmy Carter posted:

lol wtf

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Jimmy Carter posted:

this is very weird but kind of clever and cyberpunk as gently caress and i think im getting a bit of a boner here :stare:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

HEY NONG MAN posted:

re: wireless mechanical

I have a kbtalking pro with browns that does like 10 bt profiles and works with iOS and Android.

it also has a noodle timer on it.

i'll be the minnesota key

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

I'll be the F1-broken-spring key

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

ScrLk-a-mania running wild, brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

that's a one-hour timer. it locks the keyboard an hour after you set it so you'll get up and move around. maybe one day if I do it enough Ill look like the guy on the key.

• Locked thread