Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
If the rest of the convention is going to be like this, I'm going to need a lot more booze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I think Melania was actually a better speaker than Trump is, although my perception is mostly based on the fact that she used complete sentences and didn't say the word "best" 50 times.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

I actually think her enunciation was better than expected.

I'm not knocking her for her delivery at all, but the content of her speech is just so bizarre. All night we've heard that immigrants are bad, open borders are bad, but she (an immigrant) is fine with that and supports the guy who wants to actively deport tons of folks for no reason. Like, it's the epitome of "close the door right after me".

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
is this guy still talking

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this whole night is just a bunch of people trying to set up their 2020 presidential runs

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Reminder: this is the guy who demanded Ayatollah Khomeini apologize for the Nice attacks.

Ayatollah Khomeini has been dead since 1989

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
"god help us"

:same:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
RonaldReganRonaldReganRonaldReganRonaldReganRonaldRegan

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
I didn't catch of all of Melania's speech, but she is a much, much better speaker then he is. Her speech was a mess, but at least she was able to get it out.

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
"We beat the Nazi's!"

*stumps for basically Nazi platform*

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Reminder: this is the guy who demanded Ayatollah Khomeini apologize for the Nice attacks.

Ayatollah Khomeini has been dead since 1989

So has this guy I think

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat
Republican National Covention 2016: Please USA

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I think Bob Dole was more aware of his surroundings than this guy.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
It's like some kind of Pavlovian response. Any time a U-S-A chant starts bubbling all he can do is say "U-S-A, yeah, thanks guys."

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Giuliani: "Trump is gonna be the change we believe in! oh, that was Obama's thing. Trump is uhhhh great! Trump is the best! What the gently caress was I saying?"

Melania: "I came to this country which was the best things ever, but we should stop letting other people come to this countries because Trump is great, he is a great leader, a great guy."

Grandpa Military: "uhhhh, please USA? ... Exactly. Troops! Trivial matters! Hyperbole! Bathrooms! USA! USA! God! USA! God! Not bathrooms!"

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Jesus Christ.

War is not about bathrooms.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Our soldiers are too distracted by... transexuals?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Acquilae posted:

I don't think the RNC convention will matter if Bill Clinton gives one of his usual home run speeches next week.

Even if he doesn't it won't matter

Because nothing matters

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Fox News is slurping the Melania speech so hard.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
gently caress we are off the rails here

edit: lol at this guy mad about empty speeches

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
War is not about bathrooms!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I looked up the ronald reagan quote to gain context

quote:

Not too long ago, two friends of mine were talking to a Cuban refugee, a businessman who had escaped from Castro, and in the midst of his story one of my friends turned to the other and said, "We don't know how lucky we are." And the Cuban stopped and said, "How lucky you are? I had someplace to escape to." And in that sentence he told us the entire story. If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

wow, reagan, what a loving marxist commie, should've shot that refugee before he brought terror here

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

You got it right baby!

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I also think this guy has only given speeches to soldiers in formation. Just ramble something out and don't break or wait for reactions. Command reactions which happen succinctly and in unity.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Chief McHeath posted:

It's like some kind of Pavlovian response. Any time a U-S-A chant starts bubbling all he can do is say "U-S-A, yeah, thanks guys."

It's about this country get fired up.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm laughing so hard anytime he halfheartedly goes "yeah... yeah! Usa... right. usa"

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Was that Scott Walker licking his lips again? :haw:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

uhhh this guy just went full on Guantanamo

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

CitizenKain posted:

I didn't catch of all of Melania's speech, but she is a much, much better speaker then he is. Her speech was a mess, but at least she was able to get it out.
Yeah for someone who wasn't speaking in her first language, her English skills were excellent. Plus I liked the speech since she was pretty much saying moderate viewpoints.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

God drat Obama censoring our ability to talk smack about terrorists!!! :argh:

"He's the commander in chief!" - Republicans circa Bush

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
CYBERTHREATS

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
:siren:UNTOLD CYBER THREATS:siren:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Are there any good podcasts doing daily episodes during the conventions?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's amazing that these people think that not only has our international image gotten worse over the last 8 years, but that electing Trump will make us look better, instead of completely hosed.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Ah yes, "China's growing economy" (the one based on a completely unsustainable housing bubble with insane capital flight?)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:siren: ISIS!!! :siren:

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Yoshifan823 posted:

It's amazing that these people think that not only has our international image gotten worse over the last 8 years, but that electing Trump will make us look better, instead of completely hosed.

You're assuming these folks bother to go out of the US or care what other people in other countries think of us.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
I keep flipping over to something else and seriously

spoon0042 posted:

is this guy still talking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
a neverending fountain of bones and gore spewing from the earth could easily replace this entire convention

• Locked thread