Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
what was that SNES game people were talking about where you can gently caress around with the DBZ timeline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lupus Rufus posted:

what was that SNES game people were talking about where you can gently caress around with the DBZ timeline?
Dragon Ball Z: Legend of the Super Saiyan.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Be warned: The idea of Legend of the Super Saiyan is a lot more fun and good than the process of Legend of the Super Saiyan.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

projecthalaxy posted:

Be warned: The idea of Legend of the Super Saiyan is a lot more fun and good than the process of Legend of the Super Saiyan.

in what sense? It's a fighting game right?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

It's a VERY clunky and dated JRPG

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

-Fish- posted:

It's a VERY clunky and dated JRPG

i can handle clunky and dated RPGs. Sweet!

Fractial
Apr 28, 2005

When we spin we feel good.

Lupus Rufus posted:

i can handle clunky and dated RPGs. Sweet!

It's a terrible card game.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

it's really bad and you'd be better off with reading/watching an LP of it, but im not sure if there is any good ones?

the card battle stuff is really bizzare and awful, and the changes you get to make to the timeline are basically limited to who you can manage to have survive the saiyans pre-Goku arrival being allowed to go to namek. piccolo's death is forced but everyone else can survive in theory

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Kelp Plankton posted:

it's really bad and you'd be better off with reading/watching an LP of it, but im not sure if there is any good ones?

the card battle stuff is really bizzare and awful, and the changes you get to make to the timeline are basically limited to who you can manage to have survive the saiyans pre-Goku arrival being allowed to go to namek. piccolo's death is forced but everyone else can survive in theory

I was in an LP of that game, actually. So, yeah, not sure if there are any good LPs of this game.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
I sorta (terribly) LP'd Legend of the Super Saiyan once on another forum years ago.

It's a bad game that's easy to exploit and even easier to break (in good and bad ways). Here are some things about it:

If your Power Level (yes, it uses actual Power Levels... sort of) is too low, you literally cannot damage your opponent. The opposite is true as well, as by the end of the game (if you grind/trick your way to max level) you get so strong that nobody but the bosses can damage you. This turns random encounters into literal wastes of your time.

If you stock up on healing items before going to Raditz, you can beat the poo poo out of Goku as he holds Raditz in place, waiting for the Special Beam Cannon, and heal him up for free levels. Yeah, the game includes a Zenkai mechanic. This is easily abused, moreso than in the show.

However, you can also break the game in a way if you raise PICCOLO'S level too high before you encounter Vegeta and Nappa. And not in a good way. If Piccolo's level reaches a certain point, you can't recruit Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, and Chiaotzu to fight and train with you. Which means they all die horribly to Nappa.

If you DON'T break the game by making Piccolo too strong, you can actually keep everyone BUT Piccolo alive an on their way to Namek. What does this mean?

So, so many dumb things. The trick I mentioned, if you level grind the Z Fighters up to level 45 and then head for Guru's, you get a few free level boosts that make you hit Max Level. Max Level raises everyone's Power Levels to stupid degrees. As in everyone but Chiaotzu is right below one million. Yamcha is strong enough to fight Freeza.

But that brings me back to the game's terrible, terrible combat and even worse ideas for fighting bosses. You see, once you do get to fighting Freeza, he decides to play hide and seek in his third form. And by that, I mean you have to spend a couple hours fighting random battles to try and find him again. Several times. :shepicide:

And don't get me started on the bonus boss...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"Yamcha is too strong"

Words never uttered before or after.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I want to hear more about this interesting game. Please post more about it!

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Eh, why not? SO. Goku going Super Saiyan is stupid. If any party member dies against Freeza, it triggers this...

Make it red and you could claim he went Super Saiyan God. :v:

I let Freeza kill Chiaotzu. Which took like 6 turns because Chiaotzu was too strong to be one-shot against Freeza. Oh but that's not the best part. You see, if Vegeta survives the battle, he too becomes a Super Saiyan. It's the bonus battle. And Vegeta has way too much health. 2000 in a game where Goku can barely hit 200 damage against the guy, and Vegeta can barely scratch Goku like that.

Flashbacks to Animelabs subs...

But that's not the best part. Depending on how you do in a terrible minigame with I think... Dodoria, you're allowed to get an extra wish from Porunga. One of the items is the "Tail/Moon" item. It does exactly what it sounds like.

Monkey Gohan on your team. You can kill Vegeta with monkey Gohan. Really though, this all is a REAL chore to play through. It's better something experienced second-hand, trust me.

StrifeHira fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jul 19, 2016

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah...that game has to get remade.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
That game is a remake/compilation of two Famicom games with some poo poo cut out, and there were a couple other Famicom games in the same series that I don't think were remade... I remember the next one starts with Final Form Freeza and ends with Piccolo fighting OG Cell with a bunch of Cooler filler mixed in, and the one after that is based on that movie with the Tuffles.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Finally caught up and watched the latest Super. It's so bittersweet.. Trunks wanted to visit his hero and saw some scrub in his place. But at the same time, the scrub is living the life he wanted to live all along. Trunks was just acting so awkward the whole time.. It was weird. I kinda felt bad for Gohan, he was doing his best and Trunks barely responded to anything.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

StrifeHira posted:

But that brings me back to the game's terrible, terrible combat and even worse ideas for fighting bosses. You see, once you do get to fighting Freeza, he decides to play hide and seek in his third form. And by that, I mean you have to spend a couple hours fighting random battles to try and find him again. Several times. :shepicide:

Frieza isn't very smart, seems like that would be the perfect opportunity to just...you know leave the planet :v:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

New Leaf posted:

Trunks was just acting so awkward the whole time.. It was weird. I kinda felt bad for Gohan, he was doing his best and Trunks barely responded to anything.
That's probably because we're used to happy-go-lucky kid Trunks playing and having fun. Future Trunks comes from a horrible, post-apocalyptic world, he doesn't get to enjoy that kind of freedom. He's awkward because he hasn't had a normal life whatsoever. I mean, Future Trunks saw his master and friend, Gohan, laying dead in a puddle.

Then, more recently, Future Trunks watched his Mom and girlfriend (to his knowledge) die in front of him, and he couldn't do anything to prevent it. He's basically lost everything he cares about, so it makes sense that he has PTSD. Given his circumstances, It would be very bizarre if the writers didn't depict Future Trunks as being very conflicted and filled with grief.

Personally, I loved all the scenes where Future Trunks met scholar Gohan and his family. Definitely some of the best stuff to come out of Super so far.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Trunks being completely unable to function in a family setting was both funny and sad.

Pan beating him up was just plain funny.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I like that they've been exploring character relationships more in general.

I'm a big fan of Trunks and Goten because they're pretty much what their fathers would be like if they grew up together, in a more peaceful world.

I figure/hope Pan and Bra will have a similar dynamic except with more of an emphasis on their saiyan character than their human characteristics

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm sorry, I'm still giggling at "Yamcha is too strong!"

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
The second Pan started flying around, I lost it. Everything about this show is so loving ridiculous, it's perfect.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I get not wanting to hurt the kid, but Trunks should have been able to contain her from breaking all that poo poo. I think a scene of him super-speeding over to catch things as she's knocking them over and ending up with an arm-load of trophies and picture frames and such would have had the same effect.

The next episode is looks interesting. I like the parallel universe stuff, new opportunities for oddities.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

New Leaf posted:

I get not wanting to hurt the kid, but Trunks should have been able to contain her from breaking all that poo poo. I think a scene of him super-speeding over to catch things as she's knocking them over and ending up with an arm-load of trophies and picture frames and such would have had the same effect.
I thought Future Trunks and Pan had a great introduction. But then again, I love Dragonball's crazy family antics.

And I don't think anybody is going to put a leash on Pan, since she's probably destined to become the fighter that Gohan was supposed to be. She was quite powerful at the end of DBZ, at least.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 19, 2016

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I thought it was kinda lovely that Gohan didn't even ask why Trunks was back

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

New Leaf posted:

The next episode is looks interesting. I like the parallel universe stuff, new opportunities for oddities.

gently caress you got against Pan eh.

Sayian racist. :colbert:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 19, 2016

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

New Leaf posted:

Saiyans like fighting for the most part barring Gohan and his grandma it's not weird for her to act that way.Neither is Trunks not being able to contain flying super baby on the account of not hurting it either.

I'm getting the feeling we are going to be moving through each of the other universes I'm expecting a time skip at some point too.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Clearly,

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Squallege posted:

Nah, he was so glad to see him the thought never even crossed his mind, it'd been worse if the first thing he had said were "so what happened now?".

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

This is a good thing.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I think King Yemma will let you keep your body for this good deed.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Squallege posted:

Gohan, the worlds worst scholar. Has dinner with a time traveler and doesn't even think to ask him about the future.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I wonder how often Gohan still has to be Great Saiyaman.

A better question is, if he's got it right there in his watch, why didn't he show up to fight Frieza in that outfit instead of the stupid tracksuit?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I need a Pan utterly destroys Yamcha at a pro baseball match episode.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Trunks should take Pan and Piccolo back to the future, and have Piccolo throw her at Black like he did with Gohan and that mountain

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Gohan, the worlds worst scholar. Has dinner with a time traveler and doesn't even think to ask him about the future.

Gohan is wise enough not to ask questions he doesn't want to hear the answer to

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

New Leaf posted:

A better question is, if he's got it right there in his watch, why didn't he show up to fight Frieza in that outfit instead of the stupid tracksuit?

...gently caress. A completely missed opportunity. We never got to see Saiyaman fight Ginyu. drat it Super!

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
I like how Trunks hair is drawn now after he showered and changed clothes. Nice touch.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

New Leaf posted:

New merch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

New Leaf posted:

Tracksuit Gohan cosplay is very popular is eastern Europe

• Locked thread