Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
This is how I imagined Fujita's skull looked like right after I saw him get knocked out by Overeem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Northjayhawk posted:

After the first round of EBI7 they brought out their first super fight to give their fighters a chance to rest up for the 2nd round, and the first "super fight" was kind of a cool concept.

They brought out 2 13-year old girls as possible future prospects for MMA. The match took the full 10 minutes of regulation and 3 minutes of overtime. They were fighting under a more restrictive ruleset where some of the more dangerous submissions were forbidden, and it went into overtime before one of the girls finally got a submission. The crowd understood what was going on, applauded every escape, and cheered the victory.

Yeah they've done that before. It's pretty legit and cool. There was one crazy match between two teenagers from some EBI.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Goddamn I hope Cyborg retires. That's nuts.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
What the gently caress surgery do you do for a fractured skull?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

They're probably going to put a metal plate in there actually bringing him closer to his nickname.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Can they rebuild him? Do they have the technology?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://puu.sh/q4RqP/f0897ef62a.webm

i can't help but feel with that nasty finish, the ending of this webm is somewhat deserved

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
So what's Bellator? Can someone give me a shakedown?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

TNA is to WWE as Bellator is to UFC.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

TNA is to WWE as Bellator is to UFC.

I don't think Bellator is trying that hard to be a poor man's UFC. They have their own thing going on with their flashy pro-wrestling entrances and ridiculously old guys fighting each other. TNA on the other hand is what WWE would look like with no money.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Bellator is the 2nd largest/notable MMA organization in the world. It got bought up by Viacom (who own Spike TV which UFC used to have a contract with) after the UFC signed a TV deal with FOX Sports. It's also currently headed up by a promoter named Scott Coker who ran the now defunct Strikeforce which was also at one point the 2nd largest/notable MMA organization in the world before they fell on hard financial times and the owners of the UFC bought them out.

They used to run tournaments in each weight class to determine who would get a title shot, then abandoned that after Viacom bought them out in favor of the more traditional fight card format. Bellator also signed a lot of ex-UFC notables who either got cut, or didn't want to re-sign with the UFC. Most of whom were on losing streaks when they left the UFC.

It's got some good fighters and some good matches but also has the occasional suspicious stuff that happens like the allegations they're avoiding state athletic commissions that are competent in order to save money, which also puts their fighters health at risk from time to time.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bellator is the sourcefor your freak shows and circus fights before they get outlawed. It is currently the wild west and only has fights in places with no real sanctioning or oversight. For example, a KO loss in the UFC comes with an immediate 90 suspension for medical reasons. Cyborg got knocked out two months ago. A man died and was resuscitated twice following a bellator fight, and the other fighter died just a month or so later from a heart condition that would have been revealed with any real sports physical.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

So I take it since Cyborg is posting a GoFundMe Bellator doesn't pay for medical like UFC? That's utterly hosed.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Bellator pays for medical the gofundme is to support him in his recovery as this is either a career ender or one that will keep him out for over a year.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
From the descriptions I can't bring myself to watch the video. A skull break is blowing my mind.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

From the descriptions I can't bring myself to watch the video. A skull break is blowing my mind.

The end of the bout isn't particularly gruesome, it's a knee to the head similar to what Mark Hunt suffered from Werdum.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

MVP actually donated to the GoFundMe and promoted it on his twitter. What a class act.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
since it actually caved his skull in that has to be the hardest strike in mma to not ko someone, right?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Sometimes I think it'd be cool to do mma and then sometimes I see a guy get kneed so hard his skull caved in. :stare:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm not sure if it was bellator or WSOF that had the jaw breaking fight with clear audio, but it was a lot like this one. If you ever want to hear what it sounds like to fracture a skull, just turn up the volume.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Triticum Guzzler posted:

since it actually caved his skull in that has to be the hardest strike in mma to not ko someone, right?

The front of his skull acted like a crumple zone.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mewse posted:

The end of the bout isn't particularly gruesome, it's a knee to the head similar to what Mark Hunt suffered from Werdum.

Proof that hunt's skull is made of adamantium.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm not sure if it was bellator or WSOF that had the jaw breaking fight with clear audio, but it was a lot like this one. If you ever want to hear what it sounds like to fracture a skull, just turn up the volume.

If you're talking about the guy getting his jaw broken with a RNC across the chin, that was in the UFC. Misha Cirkunov vs. Alex Nicholson.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dr. Abysmal posted:

If you're talking about the guy getting his jaw broken with a RNC across the chin, that was in the UFC. Misha Cirkunov vs. Alex Nicholson.

That's the one. Thanks.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Jesus chriiiiist that's ruthless

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Le Saboteur posted:

Bellator pays for medical the gofundme is to support him in his recovery as this is either a career ender or one that will keep him out for over a year.

Okay that makes sense. Thanks for the clarity. I obviously didn't read the GoFundMe.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Misha owns.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/KOKINGS4/status/754757196894859264?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

The sound this makes is crazy

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

yeeesh

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Captain Log posted:

back in the 70s my dad broke his in a bike race and the answer to that is nothing :P

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

fukin hell

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
watched some MVP highlights, he must hit really, really hard because the going down/clutching face and whimpering KO is really common throughout his finishes

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Log posted:

living tissue over metal endoskeleton

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Eat Bum Zen posted:

watched some MVP highlights, he must hit really, really hard because the going down/clutching face and whimpering KO is really common throughout his finishes

He's insanely fast on some of his shots. One of the few fighters where some of his highlight slomo punches look like they're real time.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
It's a shame he's never going to fight anyone good, ever.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

To my untrained arm-chair rear end, it would seem like the fact that it was a flying knee and not a grounded knee that he was diving into made that much worse.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I hope fights koreshkov soon. That would be rad

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
The whole thing just gives me a big ole case of the jibbles. If I get a clean(ish) bill of health from a neurologist soon it will do it less so.

Kind of like how I've broken my ankle three times so ankle breaks make me want to puke.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

argondamn posted:

To my untrained arm-chair rear end, it would seem like the fact that it was a flying knee and not a grounded knee that he was diving into made that much worse.

Hard to say. Planted strikes can have more power because there's no give, like running into an immobile object. The key is that he dove into it, making it into a collision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

vainman posted:

I hope fights koreshkov soon. That would be rad

That will never happen