Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Xenogears Syndrome

it's not xenogears syndrome if it doesn't encapsulate an entire half of a story's worth of revelations and plot twists and character relationship resolutions, and the characters don't explain them to you while sitting on a rocking chair in the middle of the negative dimension

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah, xenogears is epic

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Xenogears disc 2 is the real reason I hate FF8

Well it's also bad on top of that but still

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
xenogears is unironically my favorite insane overbudget jrpg

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

same

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Colonel posted:

xenogears is unironically my favorite insane overbudget jrpg

Also the real successor to Xenogears is Final Fantasy Type-0. The last 2 hours of that game are essentially the exact same thing.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

so wait is there a version of steins gate better than the vita one or what

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No? There's the PS3 version if you want to play it on a big screen but that's it as far as I know.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i could be thinking of a different game that had translation issues, probably

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Steins; Gate manga had a pretty awful translation and there were probably a couple of people mad that they changed some stuff from the VN fan translation.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

you can find a translation of that part from cold steel if you look for it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
toodle-loo.jpg

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Colonel posted:

toodle-loo.jpg

DO NOT

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Help Im Alive posted:

Play idol persona on Wii U while you wait

Shame about the censorship that happened to it. God I hate Nintendo Treehouse.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kemix posted:

Oh shut up

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kemix posted:

:chloe:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Kemix posted:

gently caress off

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kemix posted:

piss

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kemix posted:

You're dumb.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

sjw

sjw everywhere

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The pile on isn't any better than the complaint so how about you all move on?
I think he's just saying it got over... 34 in Famitsu reviews? Or 35? I forget the specific ranking but basically you put a big dumb gold medal on your website that says "Famitsu gave this game thiiiiissss much!" and that's what the picture is joking about.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Vagina bones are serious business

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ah hey a game we'll never get.

http://gematsu.com/2016/07/macross-delta-scramble-announced-ps-vita

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
What's the status of Macross in the west? I recall watching a "Robotech" some 10+ years ago.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harmony Gold almost literally exist just to sue people who think about releasing something with Macross in the name in the west.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Takoluka posted:

does it still have the crystal and dive mechanics

No, and yes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

that's a real bummer

it's like a whole chapter is reduced to a slideshow

The phantom pain...

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

HGH posted:

What's the status of Macross in the west? I recall watching a "Robotech" some 10+ years ago.

Completely and utterly hosed.

Macross we can have in the west:
Macross
Macross Plus
I think maybe Battletech is allowed to use some of the mechs they originally licensed. I haven't kept up.

Macross we can never have in the west:
Macross 7
Macross Frontier
Macross Delta
Anything involving Macross, like Super Robot Wars games, Macross games, and so on.

Sorry, Nekki, foreign copyright forbids me from listening to your song. Which is sad, because the rock duel in The Galaxy Us Calling Me is like pure, distilled essence of anime.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Cake Attack posted:

please buy the tie in light novel*

*only available in japanese

ImpAtom posted:

Apparently that's pretty much exactly what happened. It's resolved on a drama CD.

XSEED says they're going to put a transcription of the drama CD up on their website eventually but AFAIK haven't yet.

It's translated here. I didn't care for it, but then again the worst parts of Cold Steel were anything that focused too much on Rean and his sister -- and that's pretty much what the drama CD was. But hey, at least you can read it and make your own mind about it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yaeh honestly the drama cd isn't really that interesting or even that funny. i don't even dislike elise but the whole thing could have been taken right out of any b-rate harem comedy. the only neat part is everyone going 'nah we don't care about your weird super saiyan power rean' and that's not exactly surprising character development.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kemix posted:

Kemix posted:

Probably never gonna happen. Crapcom's been making GBS threads all over Megaman for years now and I doubt we'll see him again any time soon. I mean come on, people clamor for a new MM game, we're (unfortunately) going to be getting Mighty Number 9, but thanks to a certain oval office gobbler Feminazi known as Dina getting her hands into it, it's likely going to wind up a complete and total disaster.

lol

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The real problem with MN9 is feminism.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Normal.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started playing Oreshika and this game seems kinda awesome. I've never seen a game offer settings for how long you want your playthrough to be haha.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In Training posted:

I started playing Oreshika and this game seems kinda awesome. I've never seen a game offer settings for how long you want your playthrough to be haha.
clearly you don't play grand strategy games

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Picked up my vita for the first time in a year and got Gundam vs Force. Pretty fun for a game they sent out to die.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

clearly you don't play grand strategy games

I hadn't thought of that haha. but there's a bit of a difference between swapping between speeds to power through peace time in EU4 and a little box saying "if you loooooove Oreshika and wanna play for 100 hours go nuts!!"

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

I hadn't thought of that haha. but there's a bit of a difference between swapping between speeds to power through peace time in EU4 and a little box saying "if you loooooove Oreshika and wanna play for 100 hours go nuts!!"

Civilization also lets you choose game speed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

some grand strategy games let you choose how many territories you have to capture to win or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

HGH posted:

The pile on isn't any better than the complaint so how about you all move on?

I think he's just saying it got over... 34 in Famitsu reviews? Or 35? I forget the specific ranking but basically you put a big dumb gold medal on your website that says "Famitsu gave this game thiiiiissss much!" and that's what the picture is joking about.

Huh, never knew that Famitsu gave actual medals.