Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

which Luponic Distortion did you guys like more, 001 or 002? so far I think I like 002 a bit mo-- oh wait they taste the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

I never had the first one but I like 002 a lot!

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

which Luponic Distortion did you guys like more, 001 or 002? so far I think I like 002 a bit mo-- oh wait they taste the same

They are very different and 002 is better.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Bit of a long shot but anyone got any recommendations for bars in Barcelona / Spanish beers in general?

Apache
May 11, 2004

danbanana posted:

Apache is a good dude who sends good locals when FedEx completely massacres boxes. To end a short mini-vacation this weekend, I just cracked a Brew Hub Umatilla Coffee Barleywine. The cherries are subtle and enhance the fruitiness of the barleywine base. And there's a fuckton of vanilla that leads to a green pepper taste. So I guess that's the coffee, which is otherwise not terribly present. And then a ton of heat... So I looked at the bottle again and there's a stamp on this that says "barrel aged" and it has wax and the internet is telling me that this might be aged in Wild Turkey 101 barrels. And yeah, that's something that is definitely here. Apache, is this a BA'd version of this beer or was it all done so?

Would be seriously killer if not for the green pepper thing. Really like how the cherries work with it without being overpowering.

Yes, that was the Wild Turkey 101 aged version. The barrels cut some of the coffee flavors. I think the other local extra I added was either Fionn or No Promises, either way definitely a dessert beer, both were very sweet, as the vast majority of the AC stuff is. Debating whether to drive out to Tampa Saturday at noon for the Imperial GCCS release or not.

Also, it's been a while since anyone did a BIF randomized thing, so I guess I'll start one off again. Pick a number 1 to 100, winner gets their pick of one of the aforementioned Umatilla BA'd coffee bareleywine, CCB Ellipsing the Sun, or AC The Awakening coffee milk stout. I'll run the random number generator when I get home from work tomorrow around 5PM EST.

Apache fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jul 19, 2016

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
62! Thank you!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
81. U da bes

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
23!

Hauki
May 11, 2010

57?

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003
OK, I WILL, IN A MINUTE...
15!

I went to Transient's Taproom on the way back from a MI family trip thing. Nothing that crazy on but they did have Cromulent which I chugged a bunch of at the Transient Chicago release. I got to bring home a growler of it this time which was wonderful.

They had Cherry Maigre but it was a bit boring. Not much cherry.

Also on tap was Vanilla Win Bigly which was excellent. Still haven't had the base though.

Compusaurus fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 19, 2016

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

JK MvB b3 is a good beer. Less sour than I remember but really funky. Funky cherry goodness. It gets even better as it warms.

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

air-
Sep 24, 2007

HatfulOfHollow posted:

JK MvB b3 is a good beer. Less sour than I remember but really funky. Funky cherry goodness. It gets even better as it warms.

Batch 3 is identical to batch 1 as far as pronounced cherry flavor. I found batch 2 to be more sour than both.

Curious about what you think of the Zilker coffee stout and Rocket Fuel too!

air- fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 19, 2016

Dem Bones
Feb 25, 2005
Listen, I didn't face ten long tours against the goddamn 'bots to come back home and lift baby weights.

Gave geuzemosas a shot for brunch over the weekend with Lindemans Cuvée René. They were a hit. A+ would geuzemosa again

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

12, please!

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

Spuckuk posted:

Bit of a long shot but anyone got any recommendations for bars in Barcelona / Spanish beers in general?

Sent you a PM

Also, 42!

Millions fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 19, 2016

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
17 thanks!

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
So what strain of beerhipster do I thank for making sours and gose beers popular? Used to be such a bitch hunting them down, but they're everywhere this summer.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Compusaurus posted:

I went to Transient's Taproom on the way back from a MI family trip thing. Nothing that crazy on but they did have Cromulent which I chugged a bunch of at the Transient Chicago release. I got to bring home a growler of it this time which was wonderful.

Also on tap was Vanilla Win Bigly which was excellent. Still haven't had the base though.

I hit it on the way TO a MI (in-law) family trip thing! Got growlers of Cromulent and Obligatory to go. I like Obligatory better, but both are solid pales. I really liked Cherry Maigre and got a ton of cherry out of it. I'm not surprised you didn't because your palate is bad. The wheat saison was a little sweet for me. And they had Peanut Buckley on Friday which was even better than I remember at the party. Really loved the creaminess and how it cut the coffee bitterness just enough.

Their instagram showed them installing a small canning line and saying that their first beer scheduled for that is a brett pale (not Wayward). That's exciting!

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
30!

Drank Trillium and Omnipollo's Outside the Lines imperial stout last night. Brewed with vanilla, coffee and green cardamom. The latter really saved it from being generic; the floral spice added a nice extra dimension. Pretty good stuff.

And a trade I was supposed to receive last week just finally shipped, gonna be getting some fun Fonta Flora and Mikerphone stuff in on Thursday. Will report back. Looks like Mikerphone gets a lot of hype in the Chicago area, we'll see if their funky stuff/saisons are worthwhile.

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003

poop dood posted:

And a trade I was supposed to receive last week just finally shipped, gonna be getting some fun Fonta Flora and Mikerphone stuff in on Thursday. Will report back. Looks like Mikerphone gets a lot of hype in the Chicago area, we'll see if their funky stuff/saisons are worthwhile.

Mikerphone stuff sells out within an hour of being dropped off which confuses the gently caress out of me. His IPAs are barely above home brew level and everything else has just been meh / infected other than his Berliners which were solid...but he doesn't seem to be doing them right now.

But then again, as Dan pointed out, my palate is bad.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Compusaurus posted:

Mikerphone stuff sells out within an hour of being dropped off which confuses the gently caress out of me. His IPAs are barely above home brew level and everything else has just been meh / infected other than his Berliners which were solid...but he doesn't seem to be doing them right now.

But then again, as Dan pointed out, my palate is bad.

So loving bad.

Smells Like Bean Spirit was good! I would maybe buy that again if I saw it. Maybe. I had one of the IPAs on tap and cannot remember a thing about it so there's that. I would try his Berliners on tap but definitely not paying like $11 a bottle when I can get a sixer of Fierce for the same price (plus Transient takes all my money for Berliners anyway).

That reminds me: Anyone seen this year's Yuzu Fierce yet? I heard "July" as a release. I drank my last one from 2015 about a month ago and it was surprisingly good despite being stuck in a cabinet that sits in a enclosed back porch that has no temperature control.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

Compusaurus posted:

23!

This number was taken two posts up for yours.

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003

atothesquiz posted:

This number was taken two posts up for yours.

I'm dumb! Edited to 15, thanks!

The smells like bean whatever I had (2nd batch??) was infected and tasted sort of like infected Bcbs coffee.

I thought I saw yuzu fierce for August. I still have like half a case left. poo poo is still great and holds up well.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Had Sunken City from Insight Brewing Company. It was a decent saison/farmhouse at a crazy 7.8 abv. I'm not a huge farmhouse guy but I liked it. Additionally had Empty Rowboat IPA which was a good no name IPA from Lake Monster Brewing.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

91 thanks!

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
The two Mikerphone bottles I have coming are G Funk Era and Jibboo, you guys know anything about those? Reviews seem consistently good, and I love a wine-barreled mixed-fermentation saison so they seem up my alley.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

And speaking of, Station 26 here in Denver has me hooked on Tangerine Cream ale. It tastes exactly like a Creamsicle without being overly heavy or sweet, which is exactly what I want for a super hot summer day.

I've also been working my way through a lot of Odd13's catalog lately, and I've yet to have a beer of theirs that I didn't think was above average. They are all really loving weird, but enjoyable nonetheless. Hawaiian Bartender is probably my favorite right now, as it's another great summer beer.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 19, 2016

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

I should probably post here more, but all I've really been doing i drinking 3-Way and assorted bits and bobs that came in the mail. Had some Smells Like a Safety Meeting earlier, and I thought it was the bomb. I then followed it up with a strawberry-flavored schwarzbier from Wild Wolf in VA, and I think it proves that I'll like any novelty flavor beer at least once.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

There are too many beer places. Too many beers to try. Cellarmaker is putting out too much good stuff.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

SUPER HASSLER posted:

I should probably post here more, but all I've really been doing i drinking 3-Way and assorted bits and bobs that came in the mail. Had some Smells Like a Safety Meeting earlier, and I thought it was the bomb. I then followed it up with a strawberry-flavored schwarzbier from Wild Wolf in VA, and I think it proves that I'll like any novelty flavor beer at least once.

Same, it's been a 3-Way and Sticky Hands kind of summer so far for me.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

83!

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Oh I forgot all the Live Oak Hefeweizen air- sent me, thanks air-! (Not to mention all the other texas goodies he sent)

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:
My dumb rear end was at fort George the other day and I didn't get any 3 way fresh from the source. Their southern hemisphere hopped ipa was not that great. And our food was lukewarm.

Oh and 29

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
~14~

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
77 please :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

PS. About to establish a regular Chicago <--> Toronto trade route thanks to work.