Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
So this happened in a Trials match earlier: https://youtu.be/0LEieGtW5W4

How the gently caress this is even possible is beyond me. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

The game does have a glitch/feature where if you join a fireteam on an in-progress game, but it's the opposite team that has an open slot, you will join the wrong team.

Maybe that's sort of what happened here. Like the other team dropped or quit and Destiny did its best to make a game even though it should have just given you a win and dumped you to orbit.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

xzzy posted:

The game does have a glitch/feature where if you join a fireteam on an in-progress game, but it's the opposite team that has an open slot, you will join the wrong team.

Maybe that's sort of what happened here. Like the other team dropped or quit and Destiny did its best to make a game even though it should have just given you a win and dumped you to orbit.

Yeah it was weird. It gave us 2 the win and the other guy got neither a win or loss on his score card.

Destiny Tracker counted it as a loss though.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

CheeseFactory posted:

Goddamn Halo 5 poo poo right here.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

I decided to create an alt last night. Used my spark of light, which gave me a good scout, but then I ended up getting a Suros JPS 55 with Red-dot ORS and counterbalance. It is a Grasp/oversoul archetype and it kills hilariously fast. I played one game in the crucible and had the second highest score and highest KD. It was weird how bad some people were. I didn't see any cat emblems, but a lot of 334 players who would do stupid things like crouching down when getting shot trying to capture a point and not even trying to return fire. I had 3 or 4 throwing knife kills because people would stand still and shoot or run straight at me. I am a middling level player, and I felt over powered as a 26 with 125 light. I miss my trip mines, triple jump and a heavy machine gun, but it was fun.

I just hope I am not killing some 8 year old kid playing on his brothers account.

My new GT is NewbMeatShield if anybody wants to play. I will be doing banner under my normal account most of this week.

Last_Taste fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jul 19, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It was a bit of a surprise to see "PaulaDeensGunt has added you as a friend" pop up on my TV last night.

I turned off notifications while watching TV so my wife doesn't have to see all the hilarious names you guys come up with. :v:

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

I do things and make things
Smallpox HATES me. Just thought I'd share. He's even started reporting my alt account.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I need some xbone Boyz to run the raid with me tonight, hard mode. Thinking around 8pm est. Let me know if you want a spot saved.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Booties posted:

I need some xbone Boyz to run the raid with me tonight, hard mode. Thinking around 8pm est. Let me know if you want a spot saved.
Yo. (GT: Aerofallosov)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Booties posted:

Pencil me in, I should be around but can't commit. Don't be afraid to give the spot to someone else if they're available.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
In case you can't get something going I've been corralling bone bros on Friday evenings for MoT raids.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
Is this IB gonna be Clash or Control?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

PassTheRemote posted:

Control

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

PassTheRemote posted:

Control

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:
Rift

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Doubles

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Inferno rumble

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
Oh good, I thought it was going to be Iron Banner Rumble.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Freelance 3v3. You aren't getting a single bounty done this week.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

What are the vendor rolls on IB gear this time? I'm dreaming of a really nice ViewTac weyloran and pulse reloader gloves.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Emron posted:

What are the vendor rolls on IB gear this time? I'm dreaming of a really nice ViewTac weyloran and pulse reloader gloves.

We find out at 10AM Pacific. With the amount of gear you get from the playlist now you're very likely to get something close to those.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They should have an IB where it's all the game modes randomly selected.. including a six man elimination mode.

But you'd end up playing rift all night anyways because RNG keeps rolling 1's.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Ive been out of the loop over the last few weeks and was pretty suprised to see the LFG stuff that XBOX are going to stuff into their system in the next few months (?)

The Club, LFG & Arena stuff seems pretty interesting, does anyone think this will take off in Destiny? I can definitely see the benefits of not having to have the LFG app set up on my phone and having to find my table or be thumbing through my phone while in orbit to find e-friends, it also seems like it would integrate into games a little more seamlessly as well so would solve a number of issues with these types of activities in general.

It would also make a large amount of things irrelevant, so clans, 3rd party websites, slack groups could all potentially be superseded providing it works and isn't poo poo.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Even if it works it will be poo poo because it doesn't fix the fundamental problem: everyone on the internet is a loving idiot.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
smallbox seppuku

http://i.imgur.com/SS31G6x.gifv

lmao

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Gonna run defender all IB. Maybe UR purely out of spite. I'm gonna be matched against tryhards anyway.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

actionjackson posted:

Gonna run defender all IB. Maybe UR purely out of spite. I'm gonna be matched against tryhards anyway.

I'm going to this IB Halloween bash as Pure Unfiltered AIDS.

Nightstalker with invisi smoke, Khepri's Sting for even more invisi and UR.

Not gonna bother with IB class, shader or alts because all I want to do is farm for Weylorans.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Gonna run Eyasluna and top the scoreboards

Definitely gotta bubble train.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Last_Taste posted:

I decided to create an alt last night. Used my spark of light, which gave me a good scout, but then I ended up getting a Suros JPS 55 with Red-dot ORS and counterbalance. It is a Grasp/oversoul archetype and it kills hilariously fast. I played one game in the crucible and had the second highest score and highest KD. It was weird how bad some people were. I didn't see any cat emblems, but a lot of 334 players who would do stupid things like crouching down when getting shot trying to capture a point and not even trying to return fire. I had 3 or 4 throwing knife kills because people would stand still and shoot or run straight at me. I am a middling level player, and I felt over powered as a 26 with 125 light. I miss my trip mines, triple jump and a heavy machine gun, but it was fun.

I just hope I am not killing some 8 year old kid playing on his brothers account.

My new GT is NewbMeatShield if anybody wants to play. I will be doing banner under my normal account most of this week.

Yeah you'd think more high leveled dudes would be not poo poo, but fuuuuck no.
I've seen very questionable tactics ever since I switched.
Also taught some guys the secret Bone Krew tech of 'gently caress the B flag' on Vertigo last night.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

I've seen that happen in Trials and other places.

http://i.imgur.com/mS7r6Wk.gifv

The third kill is an IRL buddy of mine. We flew in as a fireteam buuuuuuuuuut yeah.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Not gonna bother with IB class, shader
No reason to ever but that one minor bounty and no real reason to do the bounties unless you only have half an hour to play all week? Rep is idiotic now, only reason to actively want to hit Rank 5 at all or even quickly is you desperately need eighty shells. Otherwise, not bothering with anything is the clear ideal.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

cvnvcnv posted:

No reason to ever but that one minor bounty and no real reason to do the bounties unless you only have half an hour to play all week? Rep is idiotic now, only reason to actively want to hit Rank 5 at all or even quickly is you desperately need eighty shells. Otherwise, not bothering with anything is the clear ideal.

You'll want to hit rank 2 quickly since I believe that's when items start dropping but after that? Nah. I'm literally out of things that I need to 335.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Can never have too much arm infusion bait because arms are the one armor piece where there's a lot of options.. need a fast reload for each weapon type, and maybe a mix of melee speed/grenade distance as well.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
That Rift match I posted the other day was too slow, so we sped it up.

https://youtu.be/n46W1T-6flE

3m15s -- not even long enough for me to get an Unbroken. "Fastest Best Rift mercy" should be an SA challenge.

e: you're limited by the speed of respawn and spark recharge, so this is probably approaching the limit of time

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 19, 2016

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
grenade distance is substantially less useful than melee speed on most maps, melee speed lets you trade in a ton of situations where you otherwise couldn't

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009
Went ahead and used the patented Rasheed Destiny sock character generation method, hit me up for green crucible on the BONE at LoneWolfMcqAIDS

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
sniper is grenadier/hidden hand with sightsys/longview slr10/tacsys sls15 and ap rounds/rifled barrel/oiled frame

sniper reload speed on the ps gloves/shotgun reload on the regular

pulse has cb/feeding frenzy and oas/focus lens fla5/quickdraw is and speed reload/braced/oiled frame

sniper rifle ammo on the boots. pretty okay.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Volcanic Vents posted:

Went ahead and used the patented Rasheed Destiny sock character generation method, hit me up for green crucible on the BONE at LoneWolfMcqAIDS

I love it.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

IB starts. RIP servers :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
PSA for Weylorans farming

imho the god roll would be Shortgaze, Life Support, Braced Frame, Hidden Hand. You could even get away with Ambush to literally max the stability and be safe because the native AA on WM + HH is still higher than any other purp sniper in the game despite the AA hit due to Ambush. Double body shot machine.

• Locked thread