Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
i can't figure out how to
This poll is closed.
remove 69 3.49%
the 420 21.24%
poll 1488 75.27%
Total: 1977 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Volkerball posted:

just finished applyin for college. hooray

But I thought boys went to Jupiter to get more stupider?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Hootington posted:

Congrats. Hope you get in.

thanks. i'm just looking to go for a one year certificate in the field i've spent 6 years working in, so i'm not too worried about my app getting denied.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Volkerball posted:

just finished applyin for college. hooray

Where did you apply? Also you'll love college it's so god drat easy. Of course I'm a journalism major so that might be it

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Where did you apply? Also you'll love college it's so god drat easy. Of course I'm a journalism major so that might be it

the local community cawlege.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
do the other journalism majors get real indignant about you being a baby killer

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Extremely

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
hey cool new thread

i wonder what chaos will ensue at the RNC today

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I would doubt in WV you're really receiving any trouble over being in the army unless you constantly air your bad opinions in public

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Arrgytehpirate posted:

This is like the third time I've heard of him PMing someone. Why doesn't he :justpost: his opinions like everyone else?

because he received probation for schizophrenic fugues about hale-bopp and the purity of his vessel, which he's now PMing me

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
IMO a journalism degree is useless and doesn't really prepare you for the modern news media workplace.

It's mostly to network and land internships

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Remember when that Muslim kid in Texas built a "bomb"? We were discussing it in class I called the teachers and media literal loving retards because it was absolutely not a bomb and it's obvious at a glance. They asked me how I knew and I was like "uh cuz I've seen an IED and also I've got the IED instruction manual and a demolitions TM at home" and the whole class heard "I'm gonna build a bomb and blow y'all up." That took some explaining

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Hmmm I need some nobody to write click bait articles without a writer credit.

3-5 years experience at a major outlet

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
I don't think Freddie Mercury would approve of his music getting used at a Trump rally.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Remember when that Muslim kid in Texas built a "bomb"? We were discussing it in class I called the teachers and media literal loving retards because it was absolutely not a bomb and it's obvious at a glance. They asked me how I knew and I was like "uh cuz I've seen an IED and also I've got the IED instruction manual and a demolitions TM at home" and the whole class heard "I'm gonna build a bomb and blow y'all up." That took some explaining

Primary sources?! :gasp:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

SedanChair posted:

mcdowell PMed me in the middle of the night, he appears to have genuinely lost it
he never had it

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

the paradigm shift posted:

I would doubt in WV you're really receiving any trouble over being in the army unless you constantly air your bad opinions in public

Our J school is really liberal. It's shifted me left a lot and I'm glad. I just learned to not share stories about the SAW gunner who would fire on anything or the time that the driver tried to run someone over on a dare.

visceril posted:

IMO a journalism degree is useless and doesn't really prepare you for the modern news media workplace.

It's mostly to network and land internships

Yes. I've gotten more benefit from working for my college radio than from any class.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

visceril posted:

Hmmm I need some nobody to write click bait articles without a writer credit.

3-5 years experience at a major outlet

just compare something to game of thrones

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

the paradigm shift posted:

just compare something to game of thrones

I was preparing ATP for what it's going to be like to find a job

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Warren SLAMS Trump (it's dumbass articles like this that made me not really like warren for a while because I could only associate her with smug burns and insipid clickbait)

A BLM protester walks up to a cop: you won't believe what happens next (my personal favorite title structure)

Opinion: the media misses the point in guns

Opinion: trump is right

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

visceril posted:

A BLM protester walks up to a cop: you won't believe what happens next (my personal favorite title structure)

this one's my top peeve lately

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Quote: "although Mr. Trump raises several valid critiques of the current administration, and has widespread popular support, his policies are ultimately misguided and will certainly exacerbate the very problems he identifies"

Article Title: "senior RNC official picked up a berserker pack and loving RIPPED AND TEARED trump into little gory pieces"

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
What the gently caress is up with LeJackal. He's not constantly slobbering over guns all the time and I'm weirded out:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/Lesdoggg/status/755261962674696192

I hate everything ever

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:lol: Soldiers of Odin in the US. Enjoy!

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

SedanChair posted:

mcdowell PMed me in the middle of the night, he appears to have genuinely lost it

is his vehicle out of control?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Gravel Gravy posted:

I don't think Freddie Mercury would approve of his music getting used at a Trump rally.

You don't think the gay Zoroastrian Tanzanian man would approve of a racist babyman?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Thanks for the context

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Thanks for the context

she's been bombarded with racist tweets from busterbros since the movie came out

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Are people really that mad they made it with women? loving Christ that's sad.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Thanks for the context
Guessing technically-people are dumping on her for feminizing ghostbusters or whatever.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
a bunch of egg avatar people hiding behind usernames i'm sure

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Tesseraction posted:

You don't think the gay Zoroastrian Tanzanian man would approve of a racist babyman?

No

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
cause leslie was totally the one writing the script and doing the casting

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
It isn't lost on me that these trolls are singling out the woman of color

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

visceril posted:

It isn't lost on me that these trolls are singling out the woman of color

well yes, racists will hurl racist slurs at the black woman, not the white ones.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

WoodrowSkillson posted:

well yes, racists will hurl racist slurs at the black woman, not the white ones.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

it would be real weird to have whatever white actresses are in the movie getting bombarded with n bombs.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Aeryk posted:

is his vehicle out of control?

it's pure. I repeat: the vehicle is pure

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
the movie is rly funny for mass-market schlock, too, and she's funny in it. not that any of that matters to these sexist/racist fuckos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Aeryk posted:

cause leslie was totally the one writing the script and doing the casting

Women exist to serve me and if they don't adequately perform I am entitled to punish them
:goonsay:

• Locked thread