Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
WAIT THERE'S A JOSHU FIGHT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Oh man, it's like Sugar Mountain all over again! :allears:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

either this is a stand power or it's some weird supernatural poo poo

given that it's morioh, both are equally possible

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Joshu is actually great.

• Doesnt contribute to society even though he's in his second year of college already
  • Rude to service workers who are just doing their job
  • really steals
  • no dignity

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

no they will not posted:

• Doesnt contribute to society even though he's in his second year of college already
  • really steals
  • no dignity

I love that his dad immediately gives up on encouraging him to be a better person because why bother

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

no they will not posted:

• really steals
  • no dignity

All characteristics of a true hero.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

no they will not posted:

• really steals
  • no dignity

These are all things Koichi does but replace College with High School and First Year

He's quite a good boy, that Joshu

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

joshuu is actually stealing, koichi is innocent. joshuu stole so much that he can't stop making interest and will probably get dragged to hell by shadow people, apparently

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Koichi stole 50000 yen from a hard working man and stabbed him

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Johnny Joestar posted:

will probably get dragged to hell by shadow people, apparently

I really want this to be under the "supernatural poo poo" category but it's so excellent either way that it hardly matters.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I figured this would be a light one-off as we gear up to mom showing up but instead it's loving Sugar Mountain 2 :allears:

Milagro Man is such a cool name

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

no they will not posted:

• really steals
  • no dignity

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I usually don't think about it much because he's such a goddamn dweeb, but Joshuu's Stand is actually legit terrifying.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Joshu is a trash boy and i love him

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://araki100p.web.fc2.com/JohDai.html

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

part of me keeps leaning more towards 'weird paranormal junk' because normal people are aware of it and i assume it could be some sort of vengeful spirit that the average person might have heard rumors about

and even then it could stem from a stand, who knows

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

part of me keeps leaning more towards 'weird paranormal junk' because normal people are aware of it and i assume it could be some sort of vengeful spirit that the average person might have heard rumors about

and even then it could stem from a stand, who knows

That's what I'm thinking... some shakedown road type stuff

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Can't wait for the next JoJolion chapter 3D Johnny Depp Pirate Movie

So if this is set two weeks before the Damo fight, where in the timeline are we, roughly speaking? What's Josuke probably up to during Joshuu's Sugar Mountain trip?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Joshu is the gooniest motherfucker.

Also is this a stand that just keeps giving you money until you look suspicious to the police or get mugged?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Forktoss posted:

Can't wait for the next JoJolion chapter 3D Johnny Depp Pirate Movie

So if this is set two weeks before the Damo fight, where in the timeline are we, roughly speaking? What's Josuke probably up to during Joshuu's Sugar Mountain trip?
Disclaimer: I don't think Araki gives much of a gently caress about the timeline.

Kira/Josefumi died on August 19, 2011
Josuke emerged no more than three days after that, but probably less, because Kira bought his hat from SBR three days before that and Josuke was in hospital overnight before he asked the SBR store clerk.
Damo states that it's September to Norisuke, with no timeframe beyond.
It's probably safe to assume that Jobin called his mom and her release was the same day as Damo's death. Shifting when that conversation with Kaato happens is definitely the easiest way of getting leeway to slot this in.

That means that early JJL up to Shakedown road was probably between Late August and Early Sep, with Damo and Kaato happening towards the middle or later September.

It's definitely before Karera because that was the day before Damo and Aishou, which was the day before Karera. Aishou was very shortly after Beetle Tendency, probably the day after again.

So at a guess, this is happening at a similar time as when Josuke and Yasuho are being attacked by Tsurugi's Paper Moon King, but not specifically during that because Joshu is in that. I'd like to say before because things move quickly after PMK.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jul 19, 2016

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
But this is happening "2 weeks before Kaato returns", and it's not like she had returned yet at the end of the previous chapter. I don't see why this couldn't be progressing chronologically from the Damo fight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It could, but then it's kind of implied without having to say "2 weeks until/before Kaato". As you say, there's no real reason why it couldn't be chronological and if it is, it is, but it's a curious inclusion if so.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

JJL volume 13 bonus image or whatever

joshuu you fucker give josuke his hat back

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Lotta zawas going on this chapter

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I can't wait for Eleven Men to show up and murder Joshuu for his money as he's turning into a tree. I hate that I liked the panel of Joshuu posing with Nut King Call, Joshuu sucks

tiistai posted:

But this is happening "2 weeks before Kaato returns", and it's not like she had returned yet at the end of the previous chapter. I don't see why this couldn't be progressing chronologically from the Damo fight.
Because that raises the question of why would it take Kaato two whole weeks to get home when she told Jobin she was getting out and how excited she was to see the family again unless She's Up To Some poo poo which is also likely

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Joshu is our new JoJo. All hail Joshu. Death to his detractors.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It is good that Joshuu has mastered Nat King Cole enough for him to be able to do cool poses with it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

no they will not posted:

• really steals
  • no dignity

3 out of 4 here

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There are no photographs of her Stand page yet, but basically a lot of Japanese tweets are confirming that Hato's stand is "Walking Heart"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Walking Heart: The Hato Higashikata Story

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X-Ek_1W9wk

Hail to the King

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

There are no photographs of her Stand page yet, but basically a lot of Japanese tweets are confirming that Hato's stand is "Walking Heart"

King Nothing
Paper Moon King
California King Bed
Speed King
Nut King Call
Walking Heart

Makes sense

EDIT: poo poo, WalKING Heart. gently caress

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

um

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
What is that referencing, Walking Heart doesn't ring a bell here.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nothing apparently.
If needs must, there are a handful of songs Araki probably hasn't heard called Walking Heart Attack.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wal King Heart

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

what you say bing???

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJbyrBPjUwY

I have no idea. Anyway, Joshuu's ATM Robbing Misadventures are great.

Butt Ghost posted:

Joshu is the gooniest motherfucker.

Also is this a stand that just keeps giving you money until you look suspicious to the police or get mugged?

Gives you so much money that you end up crushed under its weight.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

what you say bing???

pigeon-chan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Friend of East Teisuke, formerly known as Sorajo仗世statement or Empty Article battle Shi-wen to his Chinese friends