Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Jastiger posted:

Right, which has the effect of him not nailing every shot from 60 yards away.

Just like before the patch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

strong bird posted:

Honestly Reaper needs a rework: His gun should shoot 1 bullet, and it should go where the crosshair is instead of several in an area around the crosshair.

He should have a sweet hat too, and maybe spurs.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
E: double post

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I was kinda hoping they'd add those new skins that're supposedly coming this summer in this update. bummer

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Brannock posted:

Just like before the patch?

Nah 76 was p accurate with the tap method from really far away. Maybe he still is, in which case my posts are retracted

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they didn't nerf soldier because he was too accurate tho, they did it to stop people from using macros. if nobody had been doing that, they'd never have changed anything

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Jastiger posted:

Right, which has the effect of him not nailing every shot from 60 yards away. Its a good balance, I think. He still does damage but isn't headshotting all the time from an extreme distance.

It doesn't affect his long range accuracy at all, it affects his fire rate. I mean sure, either way it affects his long range DPS, but the change also affects everything but his point-blank DPS.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Papercut posted:

It doesn't affect his long range accuracy at all, it affects his fire rate. I mean sure, either way it affects his long range DPS, but the change also affects everything but his point-blank DPS.

Yeah his point blank DPS is great, I was talking more about his ability to headshot 15 times out of 20 from an extreme distance. I thought that was a little broken, and I was thinking the new update would prohibit people from always keeping the crosshair tight forever, thus reducing their 15/20 headshots to maybe 10/20 or so. No?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Gave the new D.Va a spin and holy poo poo the Defense Matrix buff changed EVERYTHING, it's amazing. I can now actually tank for my team on top of being a big heavy flanker who occasionally turns into a tiny bouncy ball of hate and pain :dva:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jastiger posted:

Yeah his point blank DPS is great, I was talking more about his ability to headshot 15 times out of 20 from an extreme distance. I thought that was a little broken, and I was thinking the new update would prohibit people from always keeping the crosshair tight forever, thus reducing their 15/20 headshots to maybe 10/20 or so. No?

he can still do that, it just takes a little longer

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Manatee Cannon posted:

he can still do that, it just takes a little longer

Soooo effectively its a nerf then in the style, if not the method, I had indicated?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it has nothing to do with what you said

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

This sniper lady has made my games terrible

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I'm digging the latest changes! D.Va buff, Zen buff, McCree distance buff etc, all good stuff. And Ana seems fun, only played her once, and her presence in every match didn't lead to anything disastrous. I dig.

Now just buff bae Mei a bit.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

flashman posted:

This sniper lady has made my games terrible

My second QP match had 5 snipers... all on my team. 3 Anas, 2 Widowmakers (to counter the 2-3 enemy Anas). It was pretty interesting, and also terrible. I'm glad I found a group that didn't run her and had a real setup so I can get her achievements knocked out and run away from QP for a while.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Every game I'm in has 2 useless anas and no other supports.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Zoness posted:

that guy thought pharah needed more hp in the previous patch. people should stop thinking he posts anything worth paying attention to

same but also nerf how much people want to play mei despite her uselessness

She is useless in pro tier. But the utility of a good wall has won me many games.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Easy Mac posted:

There is nothing wrong with Reaper. He is fine how he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFRkpvvop3I

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pro players seem to have found a niche for mei, and that niche is anubis b defense

it's not much but it's something

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Is Lucio not a good hero? I like to play him and usually get gold medals with him but I'm at a 30something percent win rate and am just not having fun losing all the time.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

ranbo das posted:

Is Lucio not a good hero? I like to play him and usually get gold medals with him but I'm at a 30something percent win rate and am just not having fun losing all the time.

He's one of the best heroes in the game.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

ranbo das posted:

He's one of the best heroes actually, but he's deceptively hard to play well, at least in my opinion. I'm absolutely terrible with him and have a similar win-rate.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Lucio is very good on king of the hill and similar situations where most of your team are in the same place. Basically if you have a good team that plays the objective or at least knows what the objective is and how to play it and tries to do it, Lucio shines. Just remember to amp up when appropriate and you can just skate around blasting fools.

Edit: Always speed boost + amp right out of the gate, especially on koth. Remember to crossfade when nearing the objective!

Laputanmachine fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jul 20, 2016

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
It's me. I'm the bad Ana player ruining your games. After a solid 10 game stomp loss streak in QP last night, I'm ready to play whatever the gently caress I want instead of supporting for people that can't even perform their roles.

Also, favorite targets for Nana Boost so far: D.Va, Reaper, Reinhardt, Mei (:wiggle:)

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I'm not even mad about 3 Anas on my team. I'm so overjoyed about the D.Va buff. I did reasonably well with her before but now I'm just pulling 15+ streaks and triple kills with my ult all drat time. Technically, coming from tf2, I like Junkrat and Pharah more, but I'm a complete sucker for mechas so ehh.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Played like 6 comp matches and saw Ana once. Guess people at my level already gave up on getting good with her.

Unrelated but I lost 5 of those 6 matches and my steady descent continues. Soon I will drop below 60 and everything will be awful.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

All the bads are playing Ana, so welcome to the land of 5 grandmas on your team in QP. D.Va buff is great, Zenyatta buff is nice, and 21:9 support is lovely (as expected).

For a tl;dr on 21:9:

Not only are they cropping and zooming the image to fit 21:9, they seem to be rendering it at a 16:9 resolution. Meaning that if you're running on my monitor (2560x1080), the game isn't being rendered at native res,i t's being rendered at 16:9 (presumably 1080p) and then being cropped, zoomed, AND upscaled to fit the 21:9 ratio. In other words, you know how games look "fuzzy" or "off" when you're running in non-native resolution? Yeah. That's what's going on here, except that, in their infinite wisdom, they're also zooming your view in a bit. So not only do things look somewhat "off" but you're also seeing aliasing more prominently. The 103 FOV (which is the max setting) was also making me get what I assume is motion sickness, which I've never experienced in an FPS since maybe Doom when I was 9 (and even then only on my neighbor's lovely monitor for some reason). Back to 16:9... :smith:

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

ranbo das posted:

He's quite good

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Ana doesn't seem very good, but I was curious and checked TviQuE's stream and :stare:

He's just waiting for Genji ult + Ana ult and wiping the enemy team every single time. Often through multiple stuns that ought to mean instant death. I mean, I know, not an average player, but good lord that doesn't look even remotely fair.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Corbeau posted:

Ana doesn't seem very good, but I was curious and checked TviQuE's stream and :stare:

He's just waiting for Genji ult + Ana ult and wiping the enemy team every single time. Often through multiple stuns that ought to mean instant death. I mean, I know, not an average player, but good lord that doesn't look even remotely fair.

Ana's ult is stupid good and I have no idea how it made it to live.

Timboslice
Jan 4, 2008

The whole world must learn of our peaceful ways, by force!
So they didn't end up changing Zenyatta (From 150 shields to 125), can anyone confirm there is still a significant change to soldier with the 4 tapping way of shooting?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Corbeau posted:

Ana's really good, I don't know what seems bad. She's got no mobility but her healing potential is amazing, she still does good damage, and her ult is insane.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Timboslice posted:

So they didn't end up changing Zenyatta (From 150 shields to 125), can anyone confirm there is still a significant change to soldier with the 4 tapping way of shooting?

They changed him from 150 to 200.

Timboslice
Jan 4, 2008

The whole world must learn of our peaceful ways, by force!

Rand Brittain posted:

They changed him from 150 to 200.

Isn't he 50 HP / 150 Shield?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Unoriginal Name posted:

Ana's ult is stupid good and I have no idea how it made it to live.

:agreed:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Timboslice posted:

Isn't he 50 HP / 150 Shield?

50 HP/100 Shield I believe. Before patch at least. God I hope he's all shielded up post patch.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Papercut posted:

Ana's really good, I don't know what seems bad. She's got no mobility but her healing potential is amazing, she still does good damage, and her ult is insane.

My end of game card read 18% healing, but I didn't crack the piss jar that often. I think Ana is a character where effective healing will require you to actually learn the tricks as opposed to the push-button healing of the others.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I found the toughest part to healing with Ana is that everyone is constantly bouncing around. The lower their HP, the more they hop and zig-zag to avoid death, which also avoids my terrible aim. I'd need a healing shotgun to be as effective as the other healers. Also having someone get in your way when trying to heal an injured ally and absorbing the shot is annoying. It was a lot of fun, but also frustrating if she is your only healer.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Fibby Boy posted:

50 HP/100 Shield I believe. Before patch at least. God I hope he's all shielded up post patch.

He's 50 Hp/ 150 shields now. Way better now that he doesn't die the second someone sneezes on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I also found out via the YouTubes that Ana's scope shot has a slight aim assist on teammates. This actually hosed me up when my shot arced to a full-health teammate instead of the critical one farther out.