Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
ugh bird you couldn't have made your pick 5 minutes earlier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

We've got an awful lot of Jim Bennings holding up the works here

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I like to consider myself more of a young John Chayka

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I consider myself a Mike Gillis, in the regard that I'll acquire two of the best players of their position and trade both of them for nothing

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Sorry for the late pick guys.

Philadelphia selects LW/RW Joonas Donskoi

e: Okay, so even I'll admit this could be a bit of a reach, but no wingers really jumped out at me like Donskoi did. His greatest asset is his versatility; he can play in any game sitaution on top of playing either side. his possession numbers are solid. He also has a decent scoring touch to boot, as we saw during the playoffs. The biggest knock on him I've seen is his inconsistent finishing ability. There's a lot to like about Doonskoi, which is why I'm willing to reach a bit on him. That, and there's nearly two full rounds until my next pick and I'm pretty sure he'd be gone by then.

Eriksson - Stamkos - Smith
???????? - Trocheck - Donskoi

Barrie - Klefbom
?????? - Murray

Andersen

eXXon posted:

On the other hand, Andersen is a bad choice

How so? He's not an elite level goalie by any means but he's a solid average NHL starter, which I would expect to get with the 18th goalie selected. Like I said, it was a fallback selection since I was rolling the dice on one of the three guys I mentioned falling back to me.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jul 20, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yay for still being up

The Sharks take Brock Nelson

Took a bit of a step back in the fancies since his rookie year when every player on the Isles had a better Corsi when on the ice with him, but he nearly scored 30 goals and looked like he might be a competent center at the NHL level one day when he did play in the middle. He's sill got RFA years left after this deal, so he's cost controlled. I can shift him on the first line LW with Crosby and Nyquist which might get him 30 goals, or I can balance out my lines and either have him a) center my 3rd line if I can grab some good possession positive middle-6 winners to pair him with, or b) have him on that wing if/when there's a good center available later.

e:

Yaya's clock starts at 10am
JoelJoel
Menamino

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jul 20, 2016

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Infidel Castro posted:

Sorry for the late pick guys.

Philadelphia selects LW Joonas Donskoi

How so? He's not an elite level goalie by any means but he's a solid average NHL starter, which I would expect to get with the 18th goalie selected. Like I said, it was a fallback selection since I was rolling the dice on one of the three guys I mentioned falling back to me.

Kinda early but alright

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

tofes posted:

Kinda early but alright

I actually agree with you on that. I'd love to nab Donskoi later but I had a bad feeling he wouldn't make it back around.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I consider myself a Jeff Gorton, because I am also Jeff.

Also, the part where I'm not good.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I really don't like my options at centre. Lots of 3C, not a lot of 2C. That being said, I'll take

BoninoBoninoBoninoBoninoBonino Nick Boninoooooooo

Had good production numbers per 60 minutes in the regular season, and we all know how his playoffs went

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I realize I just became that GM who overpaid after one good playoff but my options here were dire

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Yaya posted:

I realize I just became that GM who overpaid after one good playoff but my options here were dire

Bonino is still on that really good contract for one more year. After that he figures to get a good little raise though.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Who can I send a list to who won't steal my pick?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Yaya posted:

Can I send you my list?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Who can I send a list to who won't steal my pick?

you can send it to me, I doubt either of the dudes I want are ones you've got on your list

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

you can send it to me, I doubt either of the dudes I want are ones you've got on your list

Not taking the risk

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

I'll actually be around today so you can send it to me.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Can I send you my list?

I should be around, yeah.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gimme the Fan Hoof.

I like Dion on the second pairing. That contract is balls but he's got a few good years left, IMO. If his shooting rebounds a bit I he could notch 10 and he's always good for 25-30 helpers when healthy. My team is on the cheep already and he's a good candidate for exposure. I think he gets a bum rap for his time in Toronto. He's not a top pairing guy anymore but he chips in points and can step into big minutes if needed due to injury.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

i'll take Jeff Petry, Montreal fans seem to like him and his fancies are top pairing quality so I feel like even if he's not quite that good he'll be fine on a second pairing for me

Marchand - Tavares - Ehlers
Cammalleri - Brassard - Kucherov
Ribiero

- Tanev
- Petry

tofes is up

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I forgot about Petry. That's a very good pick

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Carl Hagelin come on down

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I forgot about Petry. That's a very good pick

Its easy to forget about Montreal players because they probably play worse under Therrien than they would an actual coach with a plan and the ability to think.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

tofes posted:

motherfucker

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Well, I feel like getting this guy in the 9th round is pretty drat good so Im gonna go ahead and take one Teuvo Teravainen.

He played extremely well in Chicago and then cap hell forced them to move him because he will be due for a significant raise. He wont ever be a top line player like as originally expected but I think his fancies indicate he is a solid middle 6 winger and really kind of flies under the radar for a lot of people because he is hidden behind the likes of Toews and Kane.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

Well, I feel like getting this guy in the 9th round is pretty drat good so Im gonna go ahead and take one Teuvo Teravainen.

He played extremely well in Chicago and then cap hell forced them to move him because he will be due for a significant raise. He wont ever be a top line player like as originally expected but I think his fancies indicate he is a solid middle 6 winger and really kind of flies under the radar for a lot of people because he is hidden behind the likes of Toews and Kane.

I was hoping to get him

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Aye Doc is up now. I'm ready to pick after him, too.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

This is going fast. I can probably make my picks. Let me know when I'm up next or if I'm up in a couple of picks

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

This is going fast. I can probably make my picks. Let me know when I'm up next or if I'm up in a couple of picks

There's still 17 picks before yours, I wouldn't worry about it right now.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

teuvo rules. he's still 21 and has a more than decent chance to become a top liner, or at least a baller rear end second liner

the Panthers are happy to take the dude they've wanted to come back to us, Michael Frolik. I think there are a couple good second line wingers right now but none are as good at driving offense and scoring goals as Frolik. he's also on a good deal where he'll be making less money than his cap hit for most of these years

mentholmoose is up

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

gently caress, Teuvo and Frolik were both on the top of my list.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

teuvo rules. he's still 21 and has a more than decent chance to become a top liner, or at least a baller rear end second liner

the Panthers are happy to take the dude they've wanted to come back to us, Michael Frolik. I think there are a couple good second line wingers right now but none are as good at driving offense and scoring goals as Frolik. he's also on a good deal where he'll be making less money than his cap hit for most of these years

mentholmoose is up

Frolik is great, I like this pick.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Alright, I'm gonna take J.T. Miller. He's young, he's cheap, he scored 20 goals, and the fancy stats seem to like him.

Plus now I've got like four centers I can shuffle around depending on who's available.

Daniel Sedin-Tyler Seguin-Jake Voracek
x-Nicklas Backstrom-Sam Bennett
x-J.T. Miller-x

Sami Vatanen-Michael Stone

Ben Bishop

Good Soldier Svejk is up.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Palat-Staal-MacKinnon
Hagelin-Johnson-Smith

Sekera-Subban
-Pietrangelo

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Teravainen was the person I considered taking over Bonino the most.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Hoffman-Duchene-Duclair
x-Hanzal-Frolik
x-Backlund-x

Hedman-Severson
Lindholm-x

i'm pretty comfortable with this, I think I've got some good rear end D-men coming to me that are going to slip through the cracks and there's a billion middle six wingers still on the board

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
JVR-Thornton-Radulov
Vesey-Bonino-?

Karlsson-Vlasic
?-Gardiner

Allen

Could be better, could be worse. I really love my defense so far.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

tofes posted:

noooooooo

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Yaya posted:

JVR-Thornton-Radulov
Vesey-Bonino-?

Karlsson-Vlasic
?-Gardiner

Allen

Could be better, could be worse. I really love my defense so far.

this defense is really sick and thornton would make that top line work no matter how hard radulov and JVR would try to saboage it. it's a shame about your second line but i love the rest so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

So I havnt really been paying much attention and just picking guys I like or think would be good since my original plan of "Draft Ekblad then a bunch of punchable asshats" went out the window when everyone else started grabbing up all the punchable assholes that are actually good at the hockey.

Perreault-?-Perry
Pearson-Fabbri-Teravainen

Keith-Ekblad
?-Hjalmarsson

Crawford

Im basically going to end up with 2 second lines and no real first line since I went heavy on D off the start.

• Locked thread