Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
Would love to move over to IGD or QGJ whichever has room. Code: 587-335-573 and I have 3 slots left who do I make friends with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

korofrog
Dec 15, 2006
smell my face!!!

Herux posted:

Would love to move over to IGD or QGJ whichever has room. Code: 587-335-573 and I have 3 slots left who do I make friends with?

You can make friends with me.

Also, anyone who's on my friends list. I have started using IG88 as my lead for challenges since I omega'd his leader skill. Tossing moar dots is fun and you're welcome!

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
So it looks like after the latest mod fiasco, GGA is sitting at 44 members but it appears we may have as many as 10 people who are now inactive for more than a few days to over a week.

We can almost certainly look to start migrating people over to QGJ and IGD.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I'm not really into it but you guys can do what you want.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
My biggest concern being in GGA right now is the last raid felt like it took AGES to complete, at the same time I'm not sure we're down to <100 active goons.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

General Probe posted:

My biggest concern being in GGA right now is the last raid felt like it took AGES to complete, at the same time I'm not sure we're down to <100 active goons.

Ya we lost our premier whale with the last patch and he was a good 2mil+ damage, and two other people who did at least over a million damage per raid.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Inkel posted:

Ya we lost our premier whale with the last patch and he was a good 2mil+ damage, and two other people who did at least over a million damage per raid.

Thanks to mods I can now do ~1mil post-nerf but losing them has slowed down our clears bad.

Tabenya
Mar 30, 2016
Help! Help!

Need more allies. My ally list is looking so lonely with only 17 allies on it. Ally code is 985-817-128, please add me should you have the room and let me know here of your name so I don't accidentally deny it.
I am only 38, but leveling somewhat fast.
:smuggo:

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Disco De Soto posted:

loving finally got Jawa Engi to 7* man when they added Dengar to the guild store they really screwed me.

Also just unlocked Jawa Scavenger. Interesting that he has an ability which triggers all detonators...

Yeah and you can stack a hell of a lot of detonators with a couple of scoundrels

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

between all of the stupid poo poo they've done with mods and being really seriously ill irl i am not gonna be contributing much in the near future, or if i do just count it as a bonus.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Herux posted:

I sent you an ally invite. Anyone else who wants in QGJ just add 912-827-926 and I'll invite you, we still have room.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Dr. Venture posted:

I sent you an ally invite. Anyone else who wants in QGJ just add 912-827-926 and I'll invite you, we still have room.

Dropping GGA <3 you all forever. Invite to QGJ Let us raid!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Are Stop or Just Chamber (Chambeezy) done with this game? They haven't logged for a few days.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I honestly forget what I need to do to invite people / accept applications, but I'm an officer in QGJ and very active, so if someone reminds me, I can accept GGA refugees and kick long-term QGJ inactives as necessary

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

So we're abandoning GGA? I just switched from QGJ to GGA for the lower level raids.

:(

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

ModeSix posted:

So we're abandoning GGA? I just switched from QGJ to GGA for the lower level raids.

:(

Unfortunately, we don't seem to have 100 active players anymore.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Malgrin posted:

Unfortunately, we don't seem to have 100 active players anymore.

Guess I'll drop and apply back to QGJ.

edit: In other news got my Genosian Solider to 7* today.

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 19, 2016

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Venture posted:

Added you and sent a request to join QGJ; IGN same as on here

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I'm looking at some potential team comps for arena that might be possible now due to mods. The first I'm still trying to figure out what would be best for. It starts with:
88 lead, Lando, Anakin, and Vader
The 5th I'm still trying to figure out, but top possibilities are RG, STH, Dengar, Kylo, and Phasma. The benefits of RG and STH are pretty obvious -- but I think less necessary for this team comp. On defense, your opponent will screw themselves over if they ignore Anakin. In addition to putting out a lot of damage, he puts out even more damage if you kill someone (+75%), and if you kill someone before his AOE, that AOE will wreck you, especially since it will have a high crit chance from 88, which will lead to DoTs (88's leadership). Add a round of Vader's dots, and dots from 88 and Lando's AOEs, and that's a lot of dots for Vader to dispell. Phasma I like, except everyone is going to have a pretty high crit chance, so I don't know that her advantage is really worth it. Kylo Ren I also really like because he counters anyone people like Fives really well, who I see being a problem. Dengar seems really good here, and he brings a stun to the table. His base potency isn't great, but that can be fixed.

Modding to make this group work. As I discuss this, I'll list 1->6, which will be the mods laid out like:
1 2
3 4
5 6
Also, I'll be ignoring 1, 3, 5, because they will always be Offense, Defense, Protection for this group.
88: Sets: Speed, Crit Rating. 2: Speed, 4: Crit%, 6: Potency
Lando: Speed, Crit Damage. 2: Speed, 4: Offense, 6: Offense
Anakin: Speed, Crit Rating. 2: Speed, 4: Crit%, 6: Potency/Offense (depends on how good his potency is at max everything)
Vader: Speed, Potency. 2: Speed, 4: Crit%, 6: Potency
Dengar: Speed, Potency. 2: Speed, 4: Crit%, 6: Potency

Obviously it's going to take a long time to get there, probably going to have to start with T1 mods for a few of these guys, and slowly build my other sets. Fortunately, I have a good start on Scoundrel, Empire and Resistance heroes (crit %, potency and speed challenges), but it'll take awhile before I can 3* tier 3, not to mention I need to finish GS, then Lando, then finally spend Cantina on Anakin, although I am doing HM for him (he has 3!).

The next team comp I want to look at is team health. Yup, that's right. Our goal is to make people give up and look elsewhere for a target they can finish in 5 minutes. At 5* level 15, you get +5.88% health, and the goal is to find some of these mods with additional health in secondary stats (~1%). While you get about 3x protection over health, we are also going to be using healers, so.... :D

Old Ben (L), Barriss, Old Daka, Ewok Elder, RG.
For Barriss, Daka, and Ewok Elder, we will put +HP% on 2, 4, 5, and 6, and the sets will be 3x +HP%. Ben and RG get Prot instead of HP for the mods. Ben will get 3x HP sets, and RG gets 3x Def sets. RG already has pretty good resistance and armor, so we're just going to make it really hard to chew through his protection.
Not including secondary stats, RG gets +100% Protection and +26.75% defense. End result is at least 27k HP and 53k Prot. More because of secondary stats.
Old Ben will have +15% hp and +100% Protection, for 27k hp and 42k Protection.
Barriss, Daka, and EE get +30% hp for 30k, 22k, and 20k, in order. if you can land .75% on each mod (not likely), that adds up to another 3%. If you get really lucky you can get 1% and +500 hp on a secondary stat. Getting flat hp or prot is generally better. For HP, the most I've seen is 1.1%, but for prot, on a high quality t5 mod, I landed 5% protection, but I've also gotten a flat 2200 prot, and even on RG the flat prot is better. Still though, with a few good rolls you can up all those stats by quite a lot with secondaries.

Last but not least:
STH Lead, RG, Daka, Ewok Elder, Rey. STH and RG mods like RG's above, EE/Daka get the same mods. Rey gets Speed and crit% set, while the mods should be offense or speed. Who do you loving attack first?

e: Obv this will take a long time. Right now I'm running Phasma, QGJ, Rey, Daka, RG, with whatever mods I could get my hands on and level before they were more expensive. I'm working on a fusion furnace for STH, and then will likely rotate him in place of Daka, although without Ben lead, I'm not sure he's better than her.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 19, 2016

Rano Pano
Jan 17, 2004

Dr. Venture posted:

Also left GGA and added you. IGN is Repugnus.

GG GGA <3

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Raids

If you're having a hard time putting up high damage in T7, there's probably nothing you can do by changing up your comp to improve that, aside from resetting the battle over and over until you get good RNG. T7 really comes down to gear and levels. If your heroes aren't L80 G9-G10, they just won't get much damage in before dying. That said, there are some team comps that work better than others.

P1: Teebo is a must, and he needs +potency mods. I run 3x T1 +potency set mods. The 6th slot is the only one that can be potency, so you really need to get potency mods. On the plus side, there are Mod battles that guarantee a T1 mod for each slot your first run through. This will get you +15%, although the mods/stats might not be the best. Right now, my Teebo, with 53% potency (32% from mods), is hitting his TM 80-90% of the time.
From there, you've got a few options. If you have the money, Rex is going to be the best. I'm not sure what comp runs best with him though.
If you don't, and this will take awhile, Ewok Elder and QGJ are amazeballs. I like to run RG and Phasma with them, but that's cause I've got gear and mods for them (arena team). Once I get gear and mods for Fives, he'll replace one of them, and I'll probably put someone with DPS in the other slot. Keeping a slow on Captain is really important, so having someone with a basic attack that adds a slow is pretty great, but Fives' base potency (at G8) isn't good enough. Probably Fives + GS would be best here.

P2/3: These are basically the same. I generally run Phasma (L), QGJ, Rey, Fives, Lumi. If he's got at least 60% health, I run Yoda in there somewhere. I don't have GS finished yet, but he's a strong contender in there too. Basically you want to knock the door down and get as much damage done while the door is down. I hear Old Ben's special can remove TM from Rancor, and it's the only ability that can do this with the door down. I also usually let the Rancor get a turn or two in so that I can hit him with speed down and defense down before the door gets down for even more damage. This usually takes resets. Back when we were barely clearing T7, I would run the above for P2, and then bring in AA, Luke, Poggle, RP, and RG for P3. This comp was amazing for T6, and I just need to get Luke some Potency (and to level 80) for it to be amazing again. You can land a ton of DoTs on Rancor, which do a lot of damage, and they last, which help you to continue doing damage. Having Phasma in place of RG would be good too, except Phasma is usually dead going into P3, but it's still something to consider. I also intentionally only run Luke here. You could put Leia and HRS in there, but the point is to get Luke to use his basic as much as possible with the door down.

P4. Just about anyone that isn't level 80 G9 is going to die from the first slam. Basically, you need people with enough HP to get off a couple hits and hope for the best. Avoid multi-attackers (Rey's triple, Leia, FOTP) or any assist that deals reduced damage (e.g. Phasma's Lead). Rancor already goes fast, don't give him more. I haven't tried out my new and improved Teebo on P4 Rancor, but I feel like TM isn't going to do much to him. You basically just need bodies to throw at him.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
P4 is when you just run all your lovely 7* 80 toons.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I haven't done T7 yet but I feel like I've been swinging above my weight class with Teebo lead, QGJ, Rey, AA, Fives. I really need a potency mod for Fives and I really need to get Fives and Teebo to G10 but I can still put up some good numbers on T6. Once you get a hang of the timing you can use Master Tactician to keep your dudes healed from the occasional hit that sneaks through and to get Teebo stealthed more consistently.

I would love to run Ewok Elder but I have like The Worst Luck with raid loot and still need to build like 7 droid callers right now so I'm putting all available guild bux into those.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Is having all health or def tier5 mods worth sacrificing a set bonus from tier1 or 2 mods?

Any mods < mods with set bonuses < any t5 mods < t5 mods with set bonuses ?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

cowofwar posted:

Is having all health or def tier5 mods worth sacrificing a set bonus from tier1 or 2 mods?

Any mods < mods with set bonuses < any t5 mods < t5 mods with set bonuses ?

Depends on the set and the character, IMHO. I wanted potency real bad for Teebo, so a level 2 or 3 is way more useful than a level 5 health mod.

As for Mal's big post, I am still a fan of Teebo/GQJ/Phasma/EE/Chirpa. I nearly soloed P1 of our previous T7 raid with that. Teebo and Phasma really like potency mods, I am only able to 3* the first tier of the potency challenge, but 3* potency mods are enough.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Welcome to QGJ, everybody!! We have an active exchange community, so share and request lots of items!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

Teebo/GQJ/Phasma/EE/Chirpa

I meant to include Chirpa in my list but forgot. He is an excellent choice for p1, I just don't have him starred up yet. If you have the three of them, E Scout becomes an excellent fourth, although he?'s also good with just teebo and elder.

cowofwar posted:

Like above, it really depends on what you want. I want potency for Teebo, and there's only one of the six mods that can have potency as primary, so it's better to go for 6 t1-2 mods for 3 potency sets. You can also roll that on some secondaries, but it is pretty random.

For arena, you probably want the highest tier you can find of whatever set until you can get exactly what you want, so like for Rey I think I have 2 health sets and one defense set, but for individual mods I went off, speed, def, off, prot, off.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Just a heads up, try to avoid tier 2 and tier 4 mods if you can, they have bad stats compared to 1-3-5. You may end up wasting a lot of money upgrading a higher 'tier' mod but end up with really not a lot gained. The SWGOH reddit has a thread about it.

Basically it looks like this

Tier 1: 1.88% of *STAT*
Tier 2: 2.00%
Tier 3: 3.88%
Tier 4: 4.00%
Tier 5: 5.88%

So they apparently forgot the .88% for tier 2 and tier 4 lol

Makes them credit traps. You want to start at 1 and hopefully upgrade straight to 5, but if not then go for 3.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
What the gently caress is wrong with them?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

cowofwar posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with them?

Whoever made the change was doing it with some product manager yelling at him and was probably sleep deprived

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Whoever made the change was doing it with some product manager yelling at him and was probably sleep deprived

Yeah, this did happen about 24 hours after they said they would fix mods, so I assume some devs had to work overnight.

e: There's one space open in IGD. Who wants it?

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jul 20, 2016

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
So GGA is dead?

Can I get an invite to another guild? I'm far from ready for T7 (I haven't spend a dime on this) So I can't contribute much.

In game name is same as SA and my friend code is 769-171-778

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
One programmer and ten idea persons.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Grimlook posted:

So GGA is dead?

Can I get an invite to another guild? I'm far from ready for T7 (I haven't spend a dime on this) So I can't contribute much.

In game name is same as SA and my friend code is 769-171-778

As long as you have a 7* hero, you can get T7 rewards. The bottom of T7 rewards are about as good as 15th or so in T6, or something like that. We have more than enough damage to finish the raid (we actually need to work on limiting ourselves more to get higher participation).

Our raids start at 9am pacific time, roughly every other day. Our guild reset is at 7:30pm pacific time.

Let me know if you want an invite.

In other news, I did a little bit of crawling through Reddit/Forums for official posts, and found a few interesting things. As we all know, they are hard at work on the next raid. However, this next raid will not be coming with a level cap increase. As far as like two devs know, a level increase is not in the works, and it apparently requires a lot of work to do that, so it is supposed to be quite a ways out (I say supposed to be, because EA likes $$).
Aside from the node 12 bug, GW is working as intended, which is slightly ridiculous, but w/e. Jesse pointed out that if you finish 11 nodes, that's more credits than you used to get finishing 12, so all is good, right? (it's like maybe 50k more than you got from the old GW). Still not addressing the fact that GW rewards were scaled for level 40, NOT levels 60-80.
They haven't posted anything in 4 days now, but I think they are very clearly in damage control. It's looking like they've dropped a lot in terms of total money spent, although exactly by how much is unclear.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
I would really like the IGD spot if it remains open let me know mal i think i have available friends slots as well.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Herux posted:

I would really like the IGD spot if it remains open let me know mal i think i have available friends slots as well.

Ally invite sent

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Ally invite sent

Thank you kindly!

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

This should probably go into the OP.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Man, I haven't read CAD in awhile. Sometimes he hits comedy gold.

e:

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
QGJ has gone from 26 active people to 32. That's an improvement, but we could still use more.

Add 912-827-926 if you want an invite.