Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

FourLeaf posted:

https://twitter.com/amconmag/status/755604541383512064

soooooo this would imply he didn't get permission and just forgot to mention the source; instead he straight up stole it

Their website has been ddosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is something the Trumps have been doing forever, either because a) no one has ever told them it's wrong, or b) they just don't give a poo poo, and no one has ever called them out on it before because they weren't in the national spotlight until Papa Trump decided to run for president.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Constant Hamprince posted:

Remember how people were talking about what a great speech it was?

like 5 loving minutes ago?

*extremely /pol/ voice*

uhhh actually i think you'll find that our Master Media Manipulator God-Emperor has done it again, ensuring that the strongest speech of the night is played constantly tomorrow on all the cable news outlets, soooo

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

zen death robot posted:

So like, when does Vince McMahon come out and claim responsibility for all of this?

IT WAS ME DONALD

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Trump's family knows how to find the best speeches!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Someone tell CNN the suspense is killing me.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/aschrock/status/755586281682247680

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Sinteres posted:

Some people on twitter are saying Buckley may have written the speech.

If that is the case he is off the hook in spirit, but "self-plagiarism" is actually a thing so by the letter BURN HIM

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
This would be an easy way to get heat off Melania and try to trivialize the entire thing. [maybe? gently caress if i know]

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
you have MILLIONS OF DOLLARS and you can't loving hire a goddamn speech writer. my local loving congressman can get a speech writer who doesn't plagiarize

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Sinteres posted:

Ah, OK. That would mean I misunderstood what the American Conservative magazine tweet was implying

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Sinteres posted:

yknow i actually want this to be true because this is starting to get insulting

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
for real though these plagiarism things are hilarious but they're ultimately meaningless for the campaign. no trump voters are going to not vote for trump because of a cribbed line.

the only way it'll have a real campaign effect is if Manafort gets canned over it or something similarly wild

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/fbuckley/status/755604499977363456

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

vyelkin posted:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is something the Trumps have been doing forever, either because a) no one has ever told them it's wrong, or b) they just don't give a poo poo, and no one has ever called them out on it before because they weren't in the national spotlight until Papa Trump decided to run for president.

Correct, wasn't something like 20 pages of poo poo in Trump U just copy and pasted from something else.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

:nws: (tweet link to additional picture from same reporter) :nws:

what the hell

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/fbuckley/status/755604499977363456

this one -might- not stick

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Fired for self plagiarizing.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

c/p'ing your own work because your a lazy retard is still plagiarism fyi

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Yudo posted:

I am not a stickler for this sort of stuff outside of an academic setting because most good poo poo has already been said. I would settle for "it has been said" or "been described" or some other tipoff that these are not his words. I'm not sure I really care, period, but then again I have accepted that nothing matters.

Turns out academic integrity is there to prepare you for something (giving speeches at political conventions). Look I get we all copy a bit in school but when you're on a world stage you're gonna look like a huge idiot

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
feels kind of cheap to write a speech for someone else where you plug your own poo poo, but okay frank

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
two plagiarisms cancel each other out now it's a nothingburger, gotcha again liberal media

zakkro
May 29, 2015

I guess this is what Trump meant when he said he has the best words. It applies to his entire family, I'm sure.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

And it will pull attention away from Melania's plagiarism, which was the point all along.

A whole shitload of people in this country don't consider it plagiarism unless it's a straight copy and paste to the degree Melania did it. They are wrong. Trump does not care, nor should he.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Mystery Goomba posted:

IT WAS ME DONALD

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

for real though these plagiarism things are hilarious but they're ultimately meaningless for the campaign. no trump voters are going to not vote for trump because of a cribbed line.

the only way it'll have a real campaign effect is if Manafort gets canned over it or something similarly wild

No one said it would convince Trump voters not to vote Trump, but what it will do is turn the convention into a giant copy/pasted farce, completely obliterate their message, and stop Trump's momentum dead in its tracks.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
christ this is the laziest campaign in the history of time

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

God couldn't be this kind

Water Resistant
Jul 10, 2003

Grey Fox posted:

And it will pull attention away from Melania's plagiarism, which was the point all along.

Ding ding ding!

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
So, not plagiarism. Just laziness on the part of buckley for not adding a "As X once said" about himself. seems like a risky thing to forget after what happened yesterday

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

zen death robot posted:

So like, when does Vince McMahon come out and claim responsibility for all of this?

I hope this was the word filter in action

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

What a huge dumbass. This guy is a professor. What the gently caress is wrong with him.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/donald-trump-jr-rnc-speech-lifted-language-too

TPM is running with it already

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
This feels like a slightly hasty attempt to go "hahahahaha, stupid liberal media, trying to report plagarism again, GOTCHA"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Quoting this because is it just me, or are embedded gifs/videos in tweets not loading for anyone else?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

FourLeaf posted:

https://twitter.com/amconmag/status/755604541383512064

soooooo this would imply he didn't get permission and just forgot to mention the source; instead he straight up stole it

You know poo poo's getting epic when the opening of the article is brazenly claiming Yeat's Second Coming as a positive description of Trump's campaign. gently caress yeah, Trump is a ROUGH BEAST!!!!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

The Glumslinger posted:

God couldn't be this kind

He's not, the speechwriter is trolling us

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/755607291790000131

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
not plagiarism, just more slapdash crap from the campaign that is redefining the meaning of phoning it in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
meh I don't think it's a big deal tbh

I think there are better messages to attack the convention and trump campaign on

• Locked thread