Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Unoriginal Name posted:

Ana's ult is stupid good and I have no idea how it made it to live.

I played against 5 Anas and a Reinhardt with a well rounded and flexible team and we just couldn't figure out how to deal with a Reinhardt that had constant speed/damage buffs and unlimited health regen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I hope one change they make for Ana is have her bullets ignore and shoot through full health teammates.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Ddraig posted:

They've seemed to have toned down all physics on the basketballs quite a bit. You can't really punt them as far as you could before.

This is of course a complete nerf to the most pro strat in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RlBvNVcG-M

In the Ster Dev stream, they mentioned that they change the basketball physics every patch and never mention it in the notes. That's hilarious.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

DrSeRRoD posted:

I found the toughest part to healing with Ana is that everyone is constantly bouncing around. The lower their HP, the more they hop and zig-zag to avoid death, which also avoids my terrible aim. I'd need a healing shotgun to be as effective as the other healers. Also having someone get in your way when trying to heal an injured ally and absorbing the shot is annoying. It was a lot of fun, but also frustrating if she is your only healer.

That's when you use the grenade.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Papercut posted:

That's when you use the grenade.

Yea, the grenade is awesome, but then when you're in that scenario again a few seconds later, you have to machine-gun those darts out and hope they land. Also, putting ults to sleep is pretty dang satisfying.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I like all the changes tbh, Overwatch is cool and good

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

EMC posted:

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

SadisTech posted:

He's quite good

What site is this from?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Pumpy Dumper posted:

What site is this from?

overbuff.com

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Pumpy Dumper posted:

What site is this from?

Overbuff

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

No Safe Word posted:

overbuff.com

:tipshat:

please enjoy my best high noon to date

https://gfycat.com/PowerfulRemorsefulIridescentshark

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
It seems like Ana is good but not really the backbone of any team, or at least I haven't felt that way while playing as her. I've done some pretty cool stuff like putting a reinhardt to sleep right in front of an ally d.va bomb, but I'm always out-healed by any other support on the team and I feel like I'm not getting enough kills to make it even. But maybe it's because whoever I nano-boost instantly goes braindead and refuses to push in.

Ana is the new Zenyatta.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

McCree makes this game unplayable. I'll check back in next update.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

EMC posted:

I, too, enjoy playing videogames instead of bitching about them.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
gently caress Tracer and Roadhog players.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Verranicus posted:

gently caress Tracer and Roadhog players.

That's a weird spelling of genji and hanzo

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Huge Obamacare Fan posted:

That's a weird spelling of genji and hanzo

Hanzo is a lot less bullshit now that they updated the projectile hitboxes

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Papercut posted:

Ana's really good, I don't know what seems bad. She's got no mobility but her healing potential is amazing, she still does good damage, and her ult is insane.

Her ult is incredible but I'm not sold on the rest of her kit.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
The only thing I don't feel like I optimize my use of a lot is the sleeping dart. What's common protocol when you hit someone? Leave them out of commission for a few seconds and just leave, pop off an easy shot immediately and just have them wake up? Usually my teammates are off doing something else to properly capitalize when I put someone to sleep, so the best use I can think for it is using it to save a teammate in a scuffle but that seems like it needs some quick thinking and aim and the grenade seems better suited to that.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

treat posted:

I played against 5 Anas and a Reinhardt with a well rounded and flexible team and we just couldn't figure out how to deal with a Reinhardt that had constant speed/damage buffs and unlimited health regen.

I was the Rein on that team in PTR it was amazing

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

The only thing I don't feel like I optimize my use of a lot is the sleeping dart. What's common protocol when you hit someone? Leave them out of commission for a few seconds and just leave, pop off an easy shot immediately and just have them wake up? Usually my teammates are off doing something else to properly capitalize when I put someone to sleep, so the best use I can think for it is using it to save a teammate in a scuffle but that seems like it needs some quick thinking and aim and the grenade seems better suited to that.

Sleep all bastions forever

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I think if you sleep someone, then hipfire+grenade+melee that is enough to kill a 200 health class.

80+100+30. I'm not sure though as right now i have to be at stupid work for the rest of the stupid day

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It's not enough to kill the dummies without an extra shot.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

redweird posted:

I think if you sleep someone, then hipfire+grenade+melee that is enough to kill a 200 health class.

80+100+30. I'm not sure though as right now i have to be at stupid work for the rest of the stupid day

The grenade only does 60 damage to enemies. However, left click + grenade on a sleeping enemy can come out fast enough to deal 140 damage they cannot react to, and a second shot is enough to kill 200 HP characters, which is over half the cast.

So if you sleep someone who got on top of you (tracer, genji, etc), that's probably the thing to do. Unless they are a Winston or a Roadhog or something. Then you should just run away and leave 'em to nap.

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 20, 2016

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Technical question. This game will just not play nice with my comptuer in a way I haven't seen before. I think part of it is that I have a triple monitor set-up. The following things happen:

1. When the game is running on my primary screen my other two screens will not update. The time stays the same, my steam and battlenet friends list won't update, etc...

2. When alt tabbing from the game, everything else on my computer runs like poo poo. Including simple things like Chrome. Just typing this message, it stutters/freezes every few seconds, and then a ton of words come out at once.

My computer is high end. It has no issues when alt-tabbing with way more taxing games. What gives and how can I fix it? Has anyone else encountered these issues?

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Ah i see. Biotic grenade only does 60 damage to enemies.

I dicked around on a couple matches before work.
D. Va seems fun and good. The changes to Defense Matrix are an interesting way to go. Makes her way more survivable but based on decision making, as she still has a huge frontal headshot zone. Didn't get to clown on any fools as Zenyatta but I reckon he will be awesome as well. Soldier didn't really get nerfed that much, or at least it didn't stop me from clowning.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

It's annoying to be slept in front of a charging rein

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

reaper got hit harder than I'd thought but I guess it makes sense now that mid range characters like mccree and zen are better

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

adhuin posted:

Were you a massive dick to them? It sounds like it.

Nope, it was during the countdown before the other team got let out of their starting area. Hadn't done a thing yet.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
People -really- don't like seeing Ana in comp. I think I've found my new fun having character when Torb starts getting dull.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Ana is cool and good maybe not 100% good but that ult is reason enough imo

Though I really don't want people playing heroes based off the ult

J
Jun 10, 2001

Nothing but hugely one sided games tonight one way or the other, some of the most lopsided, unfun games I have ever played. Not even comp, just quickplay, and it isn't because of anyone playing Ana. Not really many people even played Ana, I was surprised. Can't quite figure out what the hell the deal is.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

J posted:

Nothing but hugely one sided games tonight one way or the other, some of the most lopsided, unfun games I have ever played. Not even comp, just quickplay, and it isn't because of anyone playing Ana. Not really many people even played Ana, I was surprised. Can't quite figure out what the hell the deal is.

It's a full moon or something, my level 35 rear end is being matched with level 250 dudes who seem to always have ult.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Whoever that was saying D.va can't replace Reinhardt and Zarya is dumb because I've seen some amazing rear end D'vas as the only tank on their team doing just fine.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Verranicus posted:

People -really- don't like seeing Ana in comp. I think I've found my new fun having character when Torb starts getting dull.

Oh, you're that guy. I don't think i'd mind Ana after a couple more weeks when people figure her out more in Comp. I don't think PTR is very represenative when it's like 2 Ana's, mixed in with mostly Zenyatta, Mcree, and Dva

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
So question about ana, if I'm no scoping are my heals as effective as they would be if I were scoped

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Luna Was Here posted:

So question about ana, if I'm no scoping are my heals as effective as they would be if I were scoped

They heal the same amount, if that's what you're asking.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

redweird posted:

Ah i see. Biotic grenade only does 60 damage to enemies.

I dicked around on a couple matches before work.
D. Va seems fun and good. The changes to Defense Matrix are an interesting way to go. Makes her way more survivable but based on decision making, as she still has a huge frontal headshot zone. Didn't get to clown on any fools as Zenyatta but I reckon he will be awesome as well. Soldier didn't really get nerfed that much, or at least it didn't stop me from clowning.

I was playing around in the training grounds to get a feel for the new spread adjustments on Soldier's gun and while it's probably more noticeable if your name is TviQ I found that the spread didn't really seem to kick in that much for at least the first two bursts even at a firing rate that felt fairly normal for me, and two headshot bursts are enough to down a target 'bot.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Luna Was Here posted:

scoping just changes whether the shot is hitscan or a projectile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
After a few matches I have come to the conclusion that Ana is hard.