Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

LOL at the founder of Vox not knowing what self-plagarism is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

GMU won't do a goddam thing to Buckley given how much money the Kochs just dumped on their doorstep.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
If it was an intentional quote he should have written "As columnist F. H. Buckley wrote in The American Conservative recently..."

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

sarmhan posted:

lol

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
the best part of the convention was the muslim for trump being met with absolute stone-cold dead-eyed silence throughout his entire speech imo

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

sarmhan posted:

One of the least surprising things I've heard for sure.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Alter Ego posted:

Anyone that switched from Obama to Trump is either a Bernie deadender or is lying about the Obama part.

their are a few idiots who legit believed that obama would snap his fingers and make everything golden and wonderful. when it didnt happen they switched sides to bernie or cruz or trump

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

anotherone posted:

If it was an intentional quote he should have written "As columnist F. H. Buckley wrote in The American Conservative recently..."
Or just "As Frank Buckley said". Or he could have just reworded it instead of being a lazy hack.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Guys the honor code at ASSlaw only applies to the students.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
If CNN is smart they will get Joe Rogan on the plagiarism case.

Panel of Rogan, Vince and Dana White to investigate plagiarism. Raw.

Coming to payperview.

Schnorkles posted:

Ben Carson went rogue, ignored the teleprompter and called HRC satan.

Ben Carson : Rogue One

"I rebel"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

sarmhan posted:

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
"Y'know, I read an article the other day in The American Conservative that put it so well..." there, that's all it would've taken

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/755613440065073152

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

MaxxBot posted:

I just read this article today, although I think I have seen it before.

http://www.alternet.org/story/57001/neocons_on_a_cruise%3A_what_conservatives_say_when_they_think_we_aren't_listening

I wish poor old Bill had survived just a few more years, he probably would have disavowed those neocon NRO cucks and joined up with TRUMP! It's too bad he died probably thinking that those miserable warmongering shitheads were the future of the party.

William Buckley would rather drink poison than associate with Donald Trump supporters, i think

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx

Helical Nightmares posted:

If CNN is smart they will get Joe Rogan on the plagiarism case.

Panel of Rogan, Vince and Dana White to investigate plagiarism. Raw.

Coming to payperview.

:getin:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/_david_saunders/status/755586050165121025

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/755613497661222912

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

their are a few idiots who legit believed that obama would snap his fingers and make everything golden and wonderful. when it didnt happen they switched sides to bernie or cruz or trump

amusingly enough there were some FYGM republican types who were upper brass in or owned call centers who were all about Obama because of some thing or another and now I get to hear them scream about betrayal and how bad he was when I'm forced to do business networking events.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Seriously, how do you graduate from UCLA and not know? That's truly impressive.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Yglesias likes immigration so that shoddy factories have something to collapse on

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

William Buckley would rather drink poison than associate with Donald Trump supporters, i think

all i know is he worked to get the anti-semites out of the party and now trump is bringing them back in. not to even touch on the other stuff

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/755614698926727168

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

MaxxBot posted:

I just read this article today, although I think I have seen it before.

http://www.alternet.org/story/57001/neocons_on_a_cruise%3A_what_conservatives_say_when_they_think_we_aren't_listening

I wish poor old Bill had survived just a few more years, he probably would have disavowed those neocon NRO cucks and joined up with TRUMP! It's too bad he died probably thinking that those miserable warmongering shitheads were the future of the party.

lol, speaking of plagiarism I wouldn't put much stock on something Johann Hari claimed to have heard on some boat

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Grey Fox posted:

GMU won't do a goddam thing to Buckley given how much money the Kochs just dumped on their doorstep.

The Kochs aren't big Trump supporters. More like the opposite really.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Someone get Nate Silver and Bill Kristol in a shipping container and shove them out to sea.

"Well you see here Bill, we won't drown because the ocean has a ceiling"

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61sNSfQ0o9E&t=34s

e: I agree with you, just reminded me of that debate

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

uh, okay dude

not sure what hes hoping will happen but alright

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Yea the Kochs really hate Trump. He's anti-trade.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

sarmhan posted:

Seriously, how do you graduate from UCLA and not know? That's truly impressive.
He graduated political science, not journalism. :v:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Wasn't he in the CIA in Mexio operations or something?

My money is on William F Buckley doping the Trumps with cyanide. Also, agree with him or not iirc Buckley was a certified genious and those guys have good tradecraft.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Ceiling fan posted:

The Kochs aren't big Trump supporters. More like the opposite really.
The point is that GMU leans to the right and it would be a stretch for them to go after Buckley over this. Also, the Kochs aren't looking to sabotage the GOP nominee at this point. Political support isn't binary.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Grey Fox posted:

The point is that GMU leans to the right and it would be a stretch for them to go after Buckley over this. Also, the Kochs aren't looking to sabotage the GOP nominee at this point. Political support isn't binary.

They're going to kill a lot of people before they get to the Jews so they're going to be safe and say nothing

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

pig slut lisa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61sNSfQ0o9E&t=34s

e: I agree with you, just reminded me of that debate

I still think about this sometimes. It might have been the most beautiful moment of the primary season. Combining a rare moment of dignity and emotion from Trump with Cruz getting owned and then clapping for his own ownage.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

He graduated political science, not journalism. :v:

:siren:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Organizing marches on neighborhoods targeting a specific minority religion sounds like a swell idea!

loving fascist.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
I want to double check. The founder of Muslims for Trump wasn't an imam was he?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Carson's right, I don't like that Fox show either.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Jewel Repetition posted:

I still think about this sometimes. It might have been the most beautiful moment of the primary season. Combining a rare moment of dignity and emotion from Trump with Cruz getting owned and then clapping for his own ownage.

The best moment is the guy who oops too slowed Cruz and called him a fish monster

Tbf if Cruz got hit in the face with a brick that would be the best moment of the election

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Oh look he got snippy:

Ezra Klein posted:

So here's the difference, and it's big: Melania Trump's convention speech copied whole paragraphs from Michelle Obama's convention speech. That's not okay. Don Trump Jr.'s speech was written by a speechwriter who used some of his past material in the speech. You can argue whether that's the height of speechwriting, but there's nothing unethical about it — it would be a very weird standard to argue that writers couldn't take a line they were proud of writing in a small-circulation policy magazine and let a political figure they like use it in a major national speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

uh, okay dude

not sure what hes hoping will happen but alright

Some people will undoubtedly protest it and he'll write a Breitbart post about how awful and intolerant Muslims are and how a Muslim ban is actually good

• Locked thread