Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
So I ended up with a Horus and a Kali of Secrets. The Kali will be a great sub as soon as I can afford her, but right now she costs more than my entire allotment.

I've managed to pull off a few 4 color combos entirely by accident, but the concept of matching them still hasn't clicked. I'm ridiculously awful at this, but it's only been, like, a day. Made my way to the last stage of the Tower of Trials where the Titan whomps me repeatedly. I'm either going to need to get better at this or just farm exp somewhere until I can afford better subs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

psychopomp posted:

I'm either going to need to get better at this or just farm exp somewhere until I can afford better subs.

Both to be honest, but you have some good starting monsters.

I would suggest watching some videos on matching and how to think when moving orbs. There are many patterns which will result in quick matches if you know the proper movements.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Just keep playing little buddy! Horus will help you! Add your ID and I'll friend you on both of my US accounts. They both have Awoken Horus. One might still have a BF available to throw your way. I love the Shitbird.

When I first started I was using a puzzling app to help me out, and by golly I felt like a heel. Eventually I ditched it and got better on my own. Then I graduated to Ra, and after a dark streak I'm playing with the AceCat a bunch. This sucker is really helping me get better at comboing. It's the first leader I've had where I can clearly see how studying the board for a second makes all the world. I'm averaging 7-8 combos now when I'm playing well. Feels good.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

psychopomp posted:

I'm either going to need to get better at this

So for you and Aurora;

TylerPAD has some crazy good videos where he goes into explaining different ways to manipulate the board and move orbs in ways that might not be as obvious to new players;

The Hook: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1rGeqv98as

Orb Pinch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CNEizViNsQ (This one helped me TREMENDOUSLY after playing nothing but a row team for ages.

Cascades: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-kx4XV9xw

Hope this helps you guys, there are many more videos around, but I think this man is one of my favorites.

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

Herein I have explained the operation of the sun.

TheQuietWilds posted:

At the moment your best option is probably to lead with Yamato and team with Shiva Dragon. We have upcoming buffs to Sarasvati and Sumire that will make both of them better, though, if you can skill/level them, since you have some good (although not great) blue subs. Sarasvati is the closest you have to a full team. I'd also Grab three Goemons and slowly work on Ult'ing them and you can join the Scarlet farmer club with me, Noodle, Truc and a few others using Goemon+Goemon/Goemon/Ares/Yamato(Theurgia).

Thanks for the advice! I'll start working on grabbing a bunch of Goemon and leveling the team so I can survive that dungeon in the first place.

Chest3r
Dec 8, 2003
nutsack.

psychopomp posted:

So I ended up with a Horus and a Kali of Secrets. The Kali will be a great sub as soon as I can afford her, but right now she costs more than my entire allotment.

I've managed to pull off a few 4 color combos entirely by accident, but the concept of matching them still hasn't clicked. I'm ridiculously awful at this, but it's only been, like, a day. Made my way to the last stage of the Tower of Trials where the Titan whomps me repeatedly. I'm either going to need to get better at this or just farm exp somewhere until I can afford better subs.

Keep on chugging along! Add your buff goon friends to help out a bunch, find the leaders that match your play style and crush things for a bit (until you get good) 369 676 278 is me.

Also, I just tossed 5 at the xmas REM and got xmas Haku, that leader skill seems pretty easy for how good it is. (I have had regular Haku forever)

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Staticpulse posted:

Thanks for the advice! I'll start working on grabbing a bunch of Goemon and leveling the team so I can survive that dungeon in the first place.

There's no need to level anything for Scarlet, it's 'rogue-like.' (Everything starts at level one and levels according to the XP from the floor).

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

TheQuietWilds posted:

There's no need to level anything for Scarlet, it's 'rogue-like.' (Everything starts at level one and levels according to the XP from the floor).

But you still want your mans skilled up, Max Awoken, and +297 do you not? I've got a Genie so I should probably know this so I can set one of those up.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Time to power through the Red Contract Dragon for Gadius drops.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AweStriker posted:

But you still want your mans skilled up, Max Awoken, and +297 do you not? I've got a Genie so I should probably know this so I can set one of those up.

Awoken and skilled, yes. They don't need to be +297.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
http://puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=560
tweaks to Mecha-Athena

quote:

7/19 Update, tweaked stats from Murako:

-1300 HP
+250 ATK
+240 RCV
Same 1,000 weighted stats

Active skill now also enhances Light orbs.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

AweStriker posted:

Max skilled depends on how many skill-ups you have, but it's generally good to have as many as possible to be safe and to allow teaming with scrub-tier team combinations:

With the ideal:
Team A: Goemon+Goe/Goe/Ares/Yamato(AHorus) - 7 skill-ups
Team B: Goemon+Goe/Goe/Tengu(Genie)/ROdin - 10 skill-ups

Goemon #1 needs to be at minimum SL2, if you don't want to stall, he needs to be SL3. Goemon #2 needs to be up the next turn with Genie, so they need to be up at 19 if you stall, 18 if you don't. Tengu maxes at 4 turns, so you need your Genie at 15 turns in that case. Of course, not everybody has Yamato, some run AHorus buy himself, which brings you to 16, and some people use different set-ups all together that need more skill levels. If you use AAstaroth(Genie) everything needs to be max skilled, and you can only have Yamato in team A since you need the three skill-ups, and you need to stall on Belial. Tengu can be easily push-buttoned, so there's not reason not to use Tengu(Genie) if you've got the Genie. Running with Tengu is superior in every way except that you have to remember to use Genie on Armadel.

Team A needs plus eggs on lead Goemon, team B needs Goemon+Ares egged (although not necessarily +99, it just makes it easier).

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 19, 2016

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

TheQuietWilds posted:

Max skilled depends on how many skill-ups you have, but it's generally good to have as many as possible to be safe and to allow teaming with scrub-tier team combinations:

With the ideal:
Team A: Goemon+Goe/Goe/Ares/Yamato(AHorus) - 7 skill-ups
Team B: Goemon+Goe/Goe/Tengu(Genie)/ROdin - 10 skill-ups

Goemon #1 needs to be at minimum SL2, if you don't want to stall, he needs to be SL3. Goemon #2 needs to be up the next turn with Genie, so they need to be up at 19 if you stall, 18 if you don't. Tengu maxes at 4 turns, so you need your Genie at 15 turns in that case. Of course, not everybody has Yamato, some run AHorus buy himself, which brings you to 16, and some people use different set-ups all together that need more skill levels. If you use AAstaroth(Genie) everything needs to be max skilled, and you can only have Yamato in team A since you need the three skill-ups, and you need to stall on Belial. Tengu can be easily push-buttoned, so there's not reason not to use Tengu(Genie) if you've got the Genie. Running with Tengu is superior in every way except that you have to remember to use Genie on Armadel.

Team A needs plus eggs on lead Goemon, team B needs Goemon+Ares egged (although not necessarily +99, it just makes it easier).

Oh, wait, the genie-haver needs Rodin too? I do not have Rodin (or Ares, but I've got Yamato and AHorus)

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I've got Rodin, Ares, Yamato, and just pulled Genie so I have no excuse for not making a push button Goemon team. Seems less painful than the Zeus Dios team at least.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

AweStriker posted:

Oh, wait, the genie-haver needs Rodin too? I do not have Rodin (or Ares, but I've got Yamato and AHorus)
As probably the only man alive who has Rodin but not Genie, yes :(

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

AweStriker posted:

You can just skill up a ROdin Tama or something. Any poison works but ROdin is massively superior due to 3 skill boosts.

If you don't have Ares and want to do Team B you can do a fourth Goemon, but you need more +eggs due to the lack of Ares stupid high attack combined with Devil killer. You run the risk of not doing enough damage on Scarlet's first form.

TBH I'm not doing the Dios team because 1) I don't have Liu Bei and 2) gently caress that. You can farm plenty of stuff with Goemon and Mech Zeus.

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 19, 2016

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

guy on reddit is putting together a comprehensive Miru guide, which I found quite useful: https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/leaders/miru

I've got a 297 Kaede ready to roll, but just one, and I've realized my Miru subs are way better. On the other hand, I don't want to have to evolve Miru :v:

Any thoughts on the comparison?

Miru subs:
3x Wukong
DQXQ
Saria
Apoc
Venus
Bride sopdet/Izanami/xmas Archangel
Sakuya/Ameratsus for binds

On the other hand, for Kaede:
2x Parvati
Verdandi
Ishida
um... Sasuke? Thumbelina? Amitaka & Kanon & Cecil? Xmas Alraune?

Curse my lack of Perseus. What else goes on the Kaede team, besides more Kaedes?

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Speaking of Miru, if anybody is interested in doing Miru(Superman), I'm probably doing Miru(LAkechi).

Prob Miru(LAkechi)+Baal(Thumbelina)/AVenus(ADQXQ)/LGadius/Flex

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 19, 2016

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Nosre posted:

Curse my lack of Perseus. What else goes on the Kaede team, besides more Kaedes?

Verdandi?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nosre posted:

guy on reddit is putting together a comprehensive Miru guide, which I found quite useful: https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/leaders/miru

I've got a 297 Kaede ready to roll, but just one, and I've realized my Miru subs are way better. On the other hand, I don't want to have to evolve Miru :v:

Any thoughts on the comparison?

Miru subs:
3x Wukong
DQXQ
Saria
Apoc
Venus
Bride sopdet/Izanami/xmas Archangel
Sakuya/Ameratsus for binds

On the other hand, for Kaede:
2x Parvati
Verdandi
Ishida
um... Sasuke? Thumbelina? Amitaka & Kanon & Cecil? Xmas Alraune?

Looks like you've got a stronger team for Miru overall.

For Kaede, aside from the ones you mentioned, there's also Sylvie and Michael.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

DaveWoo posted:

Looks like you've got a stronger team for Miru overall.

For Kaede, aside from the ones you mentioned, there's also Sylvie and Michael.

Ah, yes, of course. I guess the question is: Is missing all those and only having 1 Kaede a dealbreaker vs. my Miru options?

I'd really like to avoid evoing/skilling Miru, heh

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013
Sold off my Odins, Sonias, and some other poo poo to get myself a Yomidra. I've got pretty strong teams in all the other colors so I said gently caress it. Right now I'm using A.Anubis, Nephthys, Persephone and Durga, but I've also got max skilled Lucifer, Lu Bu, Lilith and Vampire Duke on deck. Interesting using a team that actually avoids rows or TPAs.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I'm still trying to do Takemikazuchi Descended in this set of challenge descends, but I feel like my ADQXQ team is too much glass for it. On the other hand, I don't have an on-color way to unbind after Purification with any of my other teams...

The team I'm using is AQs/Baal/Raphael/LValk/LMeta/(AQs).

I have ASakuya, but her skill isn't up in time because it's still at Lv1.

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

Herein I have explained the operation of the sun.

TheQuietWilds posted:

Ah, I see. Actually, that sounds like an interesting gimmick. I look forward to running it.

In other news, against my better judgement I rolled on the Christmas REM. Got three silvers for my trouble.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

AweStriker posted:

I'm still trying to do Takemikazuchi Descended in this set of challenge descends, but I feel like my ADQXQ team is too much glass for it. On the other hand, I don't have an on-color way to unbind after Purification with any of my other teams...

The team I'm using is AQs/Baal/Raphael/LValk/LMeta/(AQs).

I have ASakuya, but her skill isn't up in time because it's still at Lv1.

Are you running it solo or coop? Because things are orders of magnitude easier when you have a partner to bring extra HP and utility coverage.

It's OK to have an off-color sub if it's bringing utility you desperately need. Off-color bind clears and delays are pretty common.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure I'm going to run awoken isis as an off-color bind clear to do nordis, in fact

ThePotatoMasher
Feb 10, 2006

Crunch Crunch

Cody Banks posted:

Sold off my Odins, Sonias, and some other poo poo to get myself a Yomidra. I've got pretty strong teams in all the other colors so I said gently caress it. Right now I'm using A.Anubis, Nephthys, Persephone and Durga, but I've also got max skilled Lucifer, Lu Bu, Lilith and Vampire Duke on deck. Interesting using a team that actually avoids rows or TPAs.

got myself a yomidra as well...now just need to beat Zaerog.... not clue how i am going to do that....

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum

ThePotatoMasher posted:

got myself a yomidra as well...now just need to beat Zaerog.... not clue how i am going to do that....

This is where I'm stuck and have been stuck for months....so I'm just not evo'd. The subs I run most are Okuninushi, XHaku, Akechi and AALucifer. The Haku/Akechi damage punch is nice but I'm not sure if I should sacrifice that with more utility for Zaerog. Should I switch to rainbow subs? Other potential subs (Gods) I could use are:

Urd
NYHorus
Set
Krishna
Horus
RValk
Leilan
Hermes
Isis
Lakshmi
Muse
Neptune
Australis
Ruel
Verdandi
Perseus
GROdin
GZL
Raphael
Hathor
LMeta
SunWukong
Apollo
Nephthys
Lu Bu
DMeta
A Hino Kagutsuchi
LKali
Lumiel
Gabriel
Meimei
Karin
Cao Cao
Ra
Denebola

Probably some more but they mostly seem lovely. Ideas?

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

Spamtron7000 posted:

This is where I'm stuck and have been stuck for months....so I'm just not evo'd. The subs I run most are Okuninushi, XHaku, Akechi and AALucifer. The Haku/Akechi damage punch is nice but I'm not sure if I should sacrifice that with more utility for Zaerog. Should I switch to rainbow subs? Other potential subs (Gods) I could use are:

Urd
NYHorus
Set
Krishna
Horus
RValk
Leilan
Hermes
Isis
Lakshmi
Muse
Neptune
Australis
Ruel
Verdandi
Perseus
GROdin
GZL
Raphael
Hathor
LMeta
SunWukong
Apollo
Nephthys
Lu Bu
DMeta
A Hino Kagutsuchi
LKali
Lumiel
Gabriel
Meimei
Karin
Cao Cao
Ra
Denebola

Probably some more but they mostly seem lovely. Ideas?

I definitely wouldn't recommend doing zaerog with a dark team. You might be able to put together a Ra or lkali team but it probably wouldn't be ideal. I would definitely say at the very least to do it in multiplayer as that can help a bunch.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, freaking 5x skill up event in JP plus hera-beorc means that I have maxed 2 Zeus-Dios today for 0 stones.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
I think I got my HMD with AHorus, so it should be relatively easy with a variety of options, but the easiest is probably to use your LKali with someone else's MechZeus in coop.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I gotta get me a Mech-Hera.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral

cryptoclastic posted:

I gotta get me a Mech-Hera.

Same

Unrelated, but Goemon teams are primarily for farming Scarlet, which is mostly for MP, correct? I'm realizing I have the materials to build Team A (enough Flampys to max-skill the Goemons, and all of Ares/A.Horus/Yamato) but I don't have a particular need for MP (I'm closing in on 300K for my first shame mon, and idk if I'll be playing this game long enough to get another lol)
What's the benefits of being able to farm Scarlet with that team?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's a push button team that you can endlessly run into around rank 500 or so that gives you MP and a Scarlet system team for 0 effort.

It's pretty nice to have if you have someone to run it with on Scarlet days.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
You get ready for the killing move, ready. A simple Haku to Akechi that will destroy most anything. You pop your Akechi, turning the three red orbs on the board to purple. Haku stares at you accusingly, wondering why you neglected her. Your co-op partner mocks you with a "nice".

I'm glad I'm starting to do co-op more often. It's quite fun. The key to getting partners is just having a big friends list I think. It's intimidating as gently caress when the guy with the super-crown joins me though.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Looking at my box and theory crafting my Sumire team:

Sumire
Sumire
Isis
Skuld
Ryune
Friend: Sumire

here are my available other waters:
U and Y
3 Hermes
Alrescha
Karin
I and I
Gabriel

The only one i would like to get into the mix is Alrescha because of the haste, but she is a heart eater and that could suck.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Wooo finally got my mech zeus evod and up to level 93, holy hell he is hard to level.

Now to start messin w him and tryin mech hera. I have the makings of a good red-team (ronia, xmas ronia, yamato, uriel, guan yu, shiva, workin on surtr) am I right that mech hera is doable with a corresponding yellow-team lead?
I guess I do have an OK yellow team with raphael, valk, elia, apoc, wu kong, wee jas if delay needed...none of em are evod or leveled or skilled tho :effort:

ugh i have baal too. god dammit i should make some fuckin yellow team

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 20, 2016

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
EU is finally getting ranking dungeons! I guess with the quests requiring them they couldn't hold them back forever

Prowler
May 24, 2004

trucutru posted:

Lol, freaking 5x skill up event in JP plus hera-beorc means that I have maxed 2 Zeus-Dios today for 0 stones.

So, this is effectively 50% chance of getting a skill up? If this ever happens in US, I'm going to save all my rolls for the rare monster pal...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Prowler posted:

So, this is effectively 50% chance of getting a skill up? If this ever happens in US, I'm going to save all my rolls for the rare monster pal...

Yeah. 50% chance. The US has yet to get a 4x one but it will get there, eventually.

• Locked thread