Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I'd like to add some more decorations to housing and such in my game. Not too interested in a billion extra items I'll hardly ever use since I barely use most vanilla crap anyway. Mostly though I just want like, chairs and decorative plants and that kind of stuff. What are my options?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

khy posted:

I'd like to add some more decorations to housing and such in my game. Not too interested in a billion extra items I'll hardly ever use since I barely use most vanilla crap anyway. Mostly though I just want like, chairs and decorative plants and that kind of stuff. What are my options?

Bibliocraft and Garden Stuff are good for furniture and plants, and Chisel is a good all-purpose decoration mod for extra block types and appearances.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

1: I actually used the pulverizer for a very short time, mostly to buff up copper, of all things. Very soon after I had the energy condenser, so I could just dupe all the metal I wanted. I'd definitely beeline towards that -- your main roadblock will be coal, so get at least 2 organic compressors set up, fill them up, and save for the condenser ASAP (they can be easily fueled with jungle planks, if you plant 4 jungle saplings in a square outside with plenty of headroom, bonemeal them, then take it down with a tinker's lumber axe of netherrack which is easily replaced, you can fill your inventory with logs in maybe a minute).
That's about how the progression seems to work, with these leapfrogging bottlenecks. The first real obstacle is getting a safe place to live and enough space to grow, then finding copper, and from there it opens up fast. If you've got a pulverizer you're probably not far from a philosopher's stone and energy condenser, so rush those and never worry about metal supplies again.
2. A custom TC bow helps a lot, but once you have enough metal blocks (I used aluminum, since it was everywhere at the level I built my home), upgrade your tool forge and make a crossbow. I think something like obsidian binding, alumite body, blue slime limb, and regular bowstring will make a really fine crossbow, and alumite over a blue slime rod will get you a set of like 54 bolts, nearly twice that if you have slime leaf fletchings from the quest that gives you a slimetree sapling. You can put moss on the bolts and they'll slowly regenerate, or just grab some alumite (not hard once you can harvest obsidian) to restock quickly. These bolts will kill most enemies in one shot and fly fast and far with little arc, so they're incredibly good.
If you have trouble even with a crossbow, just try to pay attention to where the arrows are coming from, I guess, and try to get closer.
3. Crossbow, again. Keep an eye out and keep a hardhat or torch on your head for visibility and you should do all right. If you can take them out in one shot, all you need is decent aim.
4. I'm not sure, don't have one yet myself but I'm still in the first dimension.
5. I went with a reactant dynamo, since all it needs is water and coal and is pretty efficient, but making an 8x survivalist generator (and eventually 64x, but you'll want the energy condenser to help dupe that) will give you fast, efficient fuel power and fulfill two quests. You can just dupe those as needed in the condenser, if it's still not enough.

Oh, and once you start needing EMC for anything, it's like Wolfsbane said: dupe damaged items, repair them with the repair talisman in an alchemical chest, then drop them back in the condenser. Quick, easy, should be viable for automation, and way faster than any generator. Best item I've found is the chance cube charm that gives +100. Wear them down by opening chance cubes until they're about to break and they'll be cheap to dupe. They have very little durability, so they repair very quickly, and each tick of repair gives like +5,000 EMC. So a whole chest full of damaged charms will generate something ridiculous like 500,000 EMC per second.

Speaking of chance cubes I've heard people say you can get nether stars out of them but I opened a full stack and every chance isocahedron and no dice.
Then again with my charms locking every cube at max chance all I ended up ever getting was beacons (insane amounts of EMC), enchanting tables, golden holding bags, and useless pink generators, and near-broken diamond swords with great enchantments. Guess I'll have to wait for the actual Wither.

Yeah im on the hunt for coal atm for the condenser. Im a little over half way there, but the jungle sapling idea sounds good.I will see if i can get one.

Yeah ive got a decent xbow. Think i went blue slime body and limb. normal string and paper binding. It currently shoots at 0.6s.
Bolts i went blue slime with iron. Got reinforced as first upgrade so they max out at 74 bolts. 3x moss means im never struggling

Im actually almost done with the top tier survivialist generator too. (ive almost got all the mats to make the 54 1st tier ones i need (as i already have a tier 2 running)

That stack of chance iso you get from the quest? I looked at mine and they have a chance -100 (so i was wondering if there is any reason to even bother trying to open them)

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Jade Rider posted:

Bibliocraft and Garden Stuff are good for furniture and plants, and Chisel is a good all-purpose decoration mod for extra block types and appearances.

Add carpenters blocks to that list, for slopes and other rad decorative options.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I think I'm bringing up an old topic here. Did anybody ever find a way to move a server default spawn to another dimension?

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I think I'm bringing up an old topic here. Did anybody ever find a way to move a server default spawn to another dimension?

Some servers use bungee but i was admin on a server once, where you appeared on a tiny dimension and if you went through portals you appeared on the overworld so it was possible in 1.6 (Voltz)

I am loking through the codebase i have but cannot see how they made the login - maybe it was a plugin they wrote. I know they had a mega modified codebase

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Im getting ready to move to the next dimension in journey to the core.

Holy moly is packing up a base tedius. I assume i end up in the top layers of the deep dark and that is super safe right? Its going down that is a problem

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

TheresaJayne posted:

Some servers use bungee but i was admin on a server once, where you appeared on a tiny dimension and if you went through portals you appeared on the overworld so it was possible in 1.6 (Voltz)

I am loking through the codebase i have but cannot see how they made the login - maybe it was a plugin they wrote. I know they had a mega modified codebase

The only thing I could ponder doing is find that code in Tinkers' Construct that gives players a starting book and use the same mechanic to do a one-time teleport. It is goofy but should work. I just do not want to be putting in more coding time on it if there already is something for it.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Nevermind, found it.

Captainsalami fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 17, 2016

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Meskhenet posted:

That stack of chance iso you get from the quest? I looked at mine and they have a chance -100 (so i was wondering if there is any reason to even bother trying to open them)
Charms stack, so wearing two charms of +100 chance will max them out, yielding mostly beacons and enchanting tables. One will bring it to 0, for more diverse rewards.
And yes, for the coal condenser, I definitely recommend just using jungle planks. You can get an obscene amount very quickly,.
Since you're already past this point, this advice is mostly for anyone else who comes along this way.

Meskhenet posted:

Im getting ready to move to the next dimension in journey to the core.

Holy moly is packing up a base tedius. I assume i end up in the top layers of the deep dark and that is super safe right? Its going down that is a problem
Luckily you get the Transmutation Table in the Deep Dark so you can put almost everything into it or just reduce what you don't need to raw EMC. I'm holding onto emc-stacking items (septuple-condensed coal is my current favorite, because I have more EMC than my transmutation table can hold), and as for raw items I'm mostly just keeping skulls/heads, machines and pipes/conduits/ducts, some tinker's construct stuff, and assorted equipment. Packing up from the caveworld was MUCH harder, because I had to bring at least one of every item I would ever need again. Now anything with an EMC value I can just catalog in the table and forget about.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

Charms stack, so wearing two charms of +100 chance will max them out, yielding mostly beacons and enchanting tables. One will bring it to 0, for more diverse rewards.
And yes, for the coal condenser, I definitely recommend just using jungle planks. You can get an obscene amount very quickly,.
Since you're already past this point, this advice is mostly for anyone else who comes along this way.

Luckily you get the Transmutation Table in the Deep Dark so you can put almost everything into it or just reduce what you don't need to raw EMC. I'm holding onto emc-stacking items (septuple-condensed coal is my current favorite, because I have more EMC than my transmutation table can hold), and as for raw items I'm mostly just keeping skulls/heads, machines and pipes/conduits/ducts, some tinker's construct stuff, and assorted equipment. Packing up from the caveworld was MUCH harder, because I had to bring at least one of every item I would ever need again. Now anything with an EMC value I can just catalog in the table and forget about.

Yeah, i semi built my base and then went to bed.

And no, its not safe when you get to the deep dark. There are large holes in the top floor and i already had a creeper come say hello. I had to use my condensor to make obsidian to wall off my base.

Oh and zombies, god. In the caves they were 1 hit, maybe 2. Now they are 4 if not 5 hits before they even think of dying. Im semi lucky i got a nether star from an ore drop though. Being able to make emc out of light means i wont need to go exploring for a while. Only real problem is i made my initial base too small, but can add a second floor.
I may look into making a charm for the chance stuff.

I opened 5 from a quest and got 4 exploding ender crystal things and 1 that eats away a large square of everything.

Some advice for moving.

Keep dirt and a sapling on your hotbar before you leave. I nearly died looking through my 11 golden bags of holding for something to let me breath.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hey, is there somewhere I can talk about server hosts, or would it be ok to ask here? We're currently using Akliz for our server, and frankly we're not happy. Users have been getting randomly disconnected since day 1 with no real ability to tell why, and since we switched to a new mod pack, the server's been getting huge lag spikes that time out almost all, if not all, of our users whenever people go exploring and generate new terrain. There's also the fact that we pay $60/month for our package and the server is funded entirely by donations, so if we can go cheaper, that'd be great.

door.jar
Mar 17, 2010
Things with the new version of BFSR:
1. It'd be cool if the quests for the stone tinker's stuff used wooden handles. It'd make those tools less fragile and introduce people to the concept of different materials in the same tool (so later they'll know they should totally put the Alumite head on the bronze pickaxe later).
2. I can't get the Leadstone Energy Cell quest to work, it seems like an item mismatch.
3. With the updated world gen getting hold of lava seems to be a bit more of a pain that it should be. The world is way better than it was with the surface lava pools but it does seem to be a bit of a bottleneck (or I'm searching wrong).

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

For some reason when i register something on the transmutation table it automatically goes to full durability :/ and im 10mill emc short of my 17 condensors for the quest

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

door.jar posted:

Things with the new version of BFSR:
1. It'd be cool if the quests for the stone tinker's stuff used wooden handles. It'd make those tools less fragile and introduce people to the concept of different materials in the same tool (so later they'll know they should totally put the Alumite head on the bronze pickaxe later).
2. I can't get the Leadstone Energy Cell quest to work, it seems like an item mismatch.
3. With the updated world gen getting hold of lava seems to be a bit more of a pain that it should be. The world is way better than it was with the surface lava pools but it does seem to be a bit of a bottleneck (or I'm searching wrong).

1. Hmm stone tools are more fragile with stone rods? I need to actually look into that. I have had a few complaints about homogenous tools. I don't get into it until later in the book than I should. I can't easily test metadata on the completed tools but I can assert on the parts. So I can verify they did the other parts in stone or something.

2. It looks like when I update Thermal Expansion, everything in the quest book goes to hell. The good news is that I already went through and re-asserted all the Thermal Expansion stuff so that should be cleared and updated. I am planning to post an update in a few hours.

3. Well, I do give the player four actual blocks of lava when they complete the smeltery now. I mean, like, they're holding squares of lava in their hands and they have to put them in the world. I even made a mention of it, but I imagine you're well beyond that. Those four are enough to get them primed.

Anyways, it was good to complain now because I was about to whip up the pack and do updates.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

1. Hmm stone tools are more fragile with stone rods? I need to actually look into that. I have had a few complaints about homogenous tools. I don't get into it until later in the book than I should. I can't easily test metadata on the completed tools but I can assert on the parts. So I can verify they did the other parts in stone or something.

Full material tools gain no inherent bonus with vanilla materials. There are some special materials that get an extra bonus, like Thaumium which grants two extra modifiers total instead of one.

Stone has a worse handle multiplier than wood, so a full stone tool is a bad idea.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Meskhenet posted:

I may look into making a charm for the chance stuff.
I opened 5 from a quest and got 4 exploding ender crystal things and 1 that eats away a large square of everything.

Some advice for moving.
Keep dirt and a sapling on your hotbar before you leave. I nearly died looking through my 11 golden bags of holding for something to let me breath.
The charms are definitely worth it. You can frequently get beacons as chance rewards, which are worth well more EMC than it costs to make the charm. I'd also advise vines instead of saplings, since they can be placed anywhere.

As for moving, things get a lot easier if you make resonant strongboxes. They keep their inventory when picked up, so instead of packing up your base with each dimensional jump, just grab the chests and go.

I beat the pack last night and hoo boy, that last step's a doozy. I have no idea what they expect you to do for armor because even with like 4 full health bars and some endgame armor I was getting my poo poo slapped in about two hits from some of the souped-up mobs. The Ender Expansion boss you're supposed to fight as the sort of final confrontation is infinitely easier than the endlessly-spawning near-instakill endermen that surround him. Lure him out, build a platform, done.

door.jar
Mar 17, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Yeah, there are handle modifiers where some materials are distinctly better or worse at being handles. See http://tinkers-construct.wikia.com/wiki/Material_Stats for a potentially out of date chart.

quote:

3. Well, I do give the player four actual blocks of lava when they complete the smeltery now. I mean, like, they're holding squares of lava in their hands and they have to put them in the world. I even made a mention of it, but I imagine you're well beyond that. Those four are enough to get them primed.

Yeah, that got me underway in my smeltery but eventually I reached a point where I needed to start using up reasonable quantities of metals and for beginning the power quests and while I had ~1k Iron Ore, 2 stacks diamond etc. I still had only found 1 block of lava out in the world. It puts a cramp on both ramping into metal requiring quests and going to the Nether. If I had to guess I'd imagine the problem is that all the extra ore gen you've got going on is pushing lava lakes (at around Y=30) out of generation like you originally had with emerald.

I should also point out (as I didn't in my previous post), BFSR in its current form is better than ever and I'm enjoying playing through it again a lot (even the bit where a blinding thunder casting zombie killed me).

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

The charms are definitely worth it. You can frequently get beacons as chance rewards, which are worth well more EMC than it costs to make the charm. I'd also advise vines instead of saplings, since they can be placed anywhere.

As for moving, things get a lot easier if you make resonant strongboxes. They keep their inventory when picked up, so instead of packing up your base with each dimensional jump, just grab the chests and go.

I beat the pack last night and hoo boy, that last step's a doozy. I have no idea what they expect you to do for armor because even with like 4 full health bars and some endgame armor I was getting my poo poo slapped in about two hits from some of the souped-up mobs. The Ender Expansion boss you're supposed to fight as the sort of final confrontation is infinitely easier than the endlessly-spawning near-instakill endermen that surround him. Lure him out, build a platform, done.

What is the end game armour? And i can leave the deep dark (think that entire chapter took only a few hours, hardest part was kill the creepers quest. I just set up spawners for zombies and skellies. And the wither went down in his little room with no problems.)

Yeah, no need for saplings atm either. the stone that transmutes stuff worked wonders.

I dont even know if i need to bother with the ender quarry either. The emc dupe isnt working. If ihave something with low durability and i put in in the table i get a full durability one registered :/

Is the nether the last map or is it the end? (im currently tossing in 1 mill cobblestone and then i have 1 more quest left after that, then i will move. I did want to farm the wither, but i just dont get enough skulls and i cant tank 300-500 hp skeletons with a sword.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

door.jar posted:

Yeah, that got me underway in my smeltery but eventually I reached a point where I needed to start using up reasonable quantities of metals and for beginning the power quests and while I had ~1k Iron Ore, 2 stacks diamond etc....

:stare: Think I found your problem.

You really don't need much metal to start the power generation quests, and they lead you into ore processing that isn't reliant on lava. Plus ore's plentiful enough you don't necessarily need ore processing, so you can just furnace it if you're in a pinch.

Even if you want to go pure smeltery, there's a nether portal within a stone's throw of the overworld spawn point. Or there's a weird coincidence where both worlds I've created had nether portals right near spawn. :v:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

b00n posted:

Actually, DSUs max out at exactly 2'147'483'647. It's the largest signed number a 32 bit system can handle, signed meaning it can go that far in negative too (-2'147'483'647). Good luck filling it up without being dedicated to doing that.

It can go to -2'147'483'648 actually, in twos complement representation :science:. Don't forget you also need to be able to represent 0.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

neogeo0823 posted:

Hey, is there somewhere I can talk about server hosts, or would it be ok to ask here? We're currently using Akliz for our server, and frankly we're not happy. Users have been getting randomly disconnected since day 1 with no real ability to tell why, and since we switched to a new mod pack, the server's been getting huge lag spikes that time out almost all, if not all, of our users whenever people go exploring and generate new terrain. There's also the fact that we pay $60/month for our package and the server is funded entirely by donations, so if we can go cheaper, that'd be great.

I can't say much for managed services, but every server I've run has either been on Karth's University-leeching dedicated, or on VNucleus.

Mind you, VNuc is a VPS hoster, not a game server one, you have to know all the stuff to do commandline work to have it be useful.

Also, the disconnect issue is a thing with 1.7.10 and large packs thanks to netcode and packet overflow. No server or host will change it, it's dumb and the sooner everything moves away from 1.7.10 the better.

VNuc has a thread in SAMart and a goon discount if you wind up going with it.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Playstation 4 posted:

I can't say much for managed services, but every server I've run has either been on Karth's University-leeching dedicated, or on VNucleus.

Mind you, VNuc is a VPS hoster, not a game server one, you have to know all the stuff to do commandline work to have it be useful.

Also, the disconnect issue is a thing with 1.7.10 and large packs thanks to netcode and packet overflow. No server or host will change it, it's dumb and the sooner everything moves away from 1.7.10 the better.

VNuc has a thread in SAMart and a goon discount if you wind up going with it.

Thanks, that's the first time anyone's even had a clue about the disconnect thing. I'd move our server straight up to 1.10 if the modding community were to catch up to it, but so many people are stuck on that version it's just sad. I'll check out Vnuc and see what they offer.

EDIT: Any other companies anyone can think of?

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jul 19, 2016

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Kraven Moorhed posted:

:stare: Think I found your problem.

You really don't need much metal to start the power generation quests, and they lead you into ore processing that isn't reliant on lava. Plus ore's plentiful enough you don't necessarily need ore processing, so you can just furnace it if you're in a pinch.

Even if you want to go pure smeltery, there's a nether portal within a stone's throw of the overworld spawn point. Or there's a weird coincidence where both worlds I've created had nether portals right near spawn. :v:

That's a bug I can't nail down. I don't entirely know how it happens, but I think there's something going on with RFTools dimensions. After seeing it for months in the beta, I just noticed last night that when I used the rattle to go back to the tutorial dimension that I toggled the "we need to go deeper" achievement. I was going to dimension ID #2, where The Nether is ID #-1. I might try to find that achievement in the decompiled Minecraft code and see what toggles it since that might imply some things I can do about it.

Edit: I guess I will write that I did post an update where the tools use stick handles now, except for the netherrack pick. I might keep that one that way because it assumes a Nether bumrush strategy.

Rocko Bonaparte fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 19, 2016

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Oh and this in particular:

door.jar posted:

Yeah, that got me underway in my smeltery but eventually I reached a point where I needed to start using up reasonable quantities of metals and for beginning the power quests and while I had ~1k Iron Ore, 2 stacks diamond etc. I still had only found 1 block of lava out in the world. It puts a cramp on both ramping into metal requiring quests and going to the Nether. If I had to guess I'd imagine the problem is that all the extra ore gen you've got going on is pushing lava lakes (at around Y=30) out of generation like you originally had with emerald.

I should also point out (as I didn't in my previous post), BFSR in its current form is better than ever and I'm enjoying playing through it again a lot (even the bit where a blinding thunder casting zombie killed me).
Thanks!

As mentioned, there are ultimately better ways to do it. In the electrical power chapter, there is a progression to Mekanism ore tripling. It comes with an Enchiridion book that is a picture guide of how to assemble the rig. There's also a comedy option advanced quest in that chapter now for setting up sustainable power by manufacturing TNT from cobblestone and feeding it into TNT generators--also complete with a picture guide.

I felt the mod pack needed some advanced and hilarious diversions from reaching the moon.

mensrea
Mar 17, 2016
Rocko, would you happen to know anything about setting up different NPC profiles for different times? I know you can have them load up different AI's and stuff for night time but there is no documentation on it at all.

EDIT: I figured it out and it's much simpler than all the random buttons indicated.

mensrea fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 19, 2016

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

mensrea posted:

Rocko, would you happen to know anything about setting up different NPC profiles for different times? I know you can have them load up different AI's and stuff for night time but there is no documentation on it at all.

I never tried it since I needed my helpers to be up 24/7. On top of that, they're in an RFTools dimension with God-knows-what happening.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Is the evolving technology modpack any good? I'm looking for a more guided experience with the use of quest books that I haven't been able to find yet. So far I've tried blightfall, skyfactory, and now space astronomy. I've had the most fun with the space pack and its quest book is more along the lines of what I'm looking for. I wish these mods had more in game documentation on how to build and set up things.

Edit: Also is it a good idea to just always have fastcraft installed?

FalloutGod fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jul 19, 2016

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Vib Rib posted:

This is where Storage Drawers is awesome. Packing tape lets you pick up the drawers without dropping the items, then you just set them all back up at the other end. That plus a bag full of JABBA dollies let me pack up without too much trouble.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Meskhenet posted:

What is the end game armour? And i can leave the deep dark (think that entire chapter took only a few hours, hardest part was kill the creepers quest. I just set up spawners for zombies and skellies. And the wither went down in his little room with no problems.)

Yeah, no need for saplings atm either. the stone that transmutes stuff worked wonders.

I dont even know if i need to bother with the ender quarry either. The emc dupe isnt working. If ihave something with low durability and i put in in the table i get a full durability one registered :/

Is the nether the last map or is it the end? (im currently tossing in 1 mill cobblestone and then i have 1 more quest left after that, then i will move. I did want to farm the wither, but i just dont get enough skulls and i cant tank 300-500 hp skeletons with a sword.
For the EMC dupe, you don't use the table. You stick it in an energy condenser to duplicate it, then into an alchemical chest with a repair talisman. The repair talisman will, for free, bring the charm back up to full durability, making it worth like 30x as much. Then you just drop that into the first condenser to get more mostly-broken charms you can repair, or into your tablet for raw EMC.

Also the END is the end.

I would recommend you DO NOT farm the Wither. There's a mod in the pack that makes enemies stronger every time a boss is defeated, and I'm not sure if the trigger is repeatable or first-only, but I wouldn't risk it with enemies getting as souped up as they are already.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

><

ok thanks. ill try run down some items and put them in a consensor.

And i had no idea about mobs getting stronger after killing bosses. That straight up plain sucks. Good thing ive only killed the wither once then. Looks lik im off to the nether soon.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

For the EMC dupe, you don't use the table. You stick it in an energy condenser to duplicate it, then into an alchemical chest with a repair talisman. The repair talisman will, for free, bring the charm back up to full durability, making it worth like 30x as much. Then you just drop that into the first condenser to get more mostly-broken charms you can repair, or into your tablet for raw EMC.

Also the END is the end.

I would recommend you DO NOT farm the Wither. There's a mod in the pack that makes enemies stronger every time a boss is defeated, and I'm not sure if the trigger is repeatable or first-only, but I wouldn't risk it with enemies getting as souped up as they are already.

I heard of a mod that made the Wither itself stronger every time you killed it, but I hadn't heard of one that made other monsters stronger. What's it called?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

In the nether, the hellfish make the game completely unfun. How are you meant to deal with them when every 3rd block spawns one? (and they multiple if you hit them?)

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

On the new DPT server. I think I broke EMC. Hurray for flat terrain of blocks of emerald. It's *only* costing 130,000 RF/t to maintain the world.

Yeah, I'm quarrying it and condensing to octuple cobblestone.

e. Heh, so much for trying to fix all the dupe exploits.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Apparently the nether portals in BFSR are caused by using the built-in Minecraft teleportation calls. I co-opted McJty's and will see if it goes away.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I just finished the journey to the core. I was really hoping after finishing the end it went to a fully normal world spawn.

EMC seems to be inherently broken, but i do love not having to craft the same thing over and over.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Meskhenet posted:

I just finished the journey to the core. I was really hoping after finishing the end it went to a fully normal world spawn.

It should end like in the end of Doom Episode 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb3Em8G3ffk&t=177s

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
So why does everyone stick to 1.7 for all the mod packs? What makes it so special? Is it just the familiarity?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
There's just more mods for it at this point. There's also modmods and crossover mods so the large variety of mods feel less like their own independent tech trees, and people can customize their mods easier. Just higher variety really. They'll move over as more mods release updates for later versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

FalloutGod posted:

So why does everyone stick to 1.7 for all the mod packs? What makes it so special? Is it just the familiarity?

I haven't seen a coherent loadout for technology modding beyond 1.7.10 yet. BFSR will end up having to lag behind things anyways because of all the activities behind explaining and progressing things. So I am just hoping the community at least semi-stabilizes on one of the newer ones. I'd then start playing with kitchen-sink packs and try to edit it down to a modlist similar to BFSR. At that point, I can consider a port. That would likely involve many quests breaking, then having to tweak progression, delete deprecated stuff, and add entries for new stuff.

It looks to me from back here that RFTools is one area where I expect to have to add much more, for example.